• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Guide to unlock bootloader for realme c1, realme 2

Search This thread

gau20

Sep 24, 2014
EDIT WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED GSI arm 64 ab custom roms ( need vbmeta.img from realme 3 pro ) WITH MINIMAL BUGS, INSTALLED MAGISK ETC.
<Mod edit>

Hii guys it is possible to unlock the bootloader for Realme c1 and Realme 2 post A.59 update.. Here is how

- First of all you need to download Adb and fastboot drivers you can find link on google.

- Then unlock developer options by tapping version in about phone 7 times.

- Go to developer option and turn on usb debugging and oem unlock

- Connect the phone to your pc via usb cable and install adb drivers.

- Go to the directory where you have downloaded adb and fastboot and press shift + right click and then click on open command window here

- In the command window enter the following command

adb reboot bootloader

- it will ask for permission in phone then just allow it.

- Your phone will restart in bootloader mode

- Next step is simple, keep the phone connected and enter the following command.

fastboot flashing unlock

- On the phone screen select i want to unlock bootloader with volume down button and press power button to confirm..

Warning : Phone will reboot and it will start wiping the data so backing up the data is recommended..

Note : if fastboot command is showing waiting for device then simply go to device manager and you will see "android" with little warning icon

right click on that android and click update drivers then search for drivers online after that computer will detect the device...

some screenshots :

https%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F1TcPN02H0d1tG5m5lN-KNtj9Cpk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fstatic.c.realme.com%252FIN%252Fthread%252F1171695103471779840.jpeg
https%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FrkcvTzrDGZuEEPVzE2jc0FULQSo%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fstatic.c.realme.com%252FIN%252Fthread%252F1171695102985240576.jpeg

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Realme C1: after entering adb reboot bootloader, it says no devices/emulators found

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Thank you. I have unlocked Realme C1 successfully. Could you guide me how to root it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: nguyenandtvt

gau20

Sep 24, 2014
Realme C1: after entering adb reboot bootloader, it says no devices/emulators found

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Thank you. I have unlocked Realme C1 successfully. Could you guide me how to root it ?

i have no idea how to root it as i dont have working twrp, if you know any developer maybe you can request him to start some development as bootloader is unlocked now...
i could root it using magisk without recovery but that requires latest boot image of A.60 update but on realme website it only have A.23 stock rom

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
By mistake I haved flashed wrong boot.img to my Realme C1. Now It does not boot into system, only boot to Fastboot mode. Could anyone please share me stock boot.img of this phone or guide me how to flash stock rom. Thank you very much.

gau20

Sep 24, 2014
By mistake I haved flashed wrong boot.img to my Realme C1. Now It does not boot into system, only boot to Fastboot mode. Could anyone please share me stock boot.img of this phone or guide me how to flash stock rom. Thank you very much.

lol why would you flash wrong boot image without knowledge.. now your phone is bricked now your only hope is to go to realme service center or wait for custom recovery like twrp etc which may take a month or more or wait for realme to release latest stock firmware on their site..

On a side note you can try booting twrp recovery of some other phone like redmi 5 etc with the command
fastboot boot twrp.img
im noob so dont know if that will work or not but you can try

Last edited:

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
lol why would you flash wrong boot image without knowledge.. now your phone is bricked now your only hope is to go to realme service center or wait for custom recovery like twrp etc which may take a month or more or wait for realme to release latest stock firmware on their site..

On a side note you can try booting twrp recovery of some other phone like redmi 5 etc with the command
fastboot boot twrp.img
im noob so dont know if that will work or not but you can try

After flashing fail, I check and discover that boot.img is for Realme 1, not Realme C1.
I think flash twrp recovery can't solve the problem because twrp is a recovery image, not boot image.
By the way, do you know how to extract boot.img from stock rom ? And how to flash stock rom ? I have downloaded some stock roms but when I open MSM download tool, it ask for user and password

gau20

Sep 24, 2014
After flashing fail, I check and discover that boot.img is for Realme 1, not Realme C1.
I think flash twrp recovery can't solve the problem because twrp is a recovery image, not boot image.
By the way, do you know how to extract boot.img from stock rom ? And how to flash stock rom ? I have downloaded some stock roms but when I open MSM download tool, it ask for user and password

dude there is no way to get stock boot image as of now since realme hasnt released latest stock firmware on their site.. the boot image that you will get will be an old one and it will not boot your phone....
what i am saying is try to boot a twrp recovery from other phone by using this command " fastboot boot twrp.img " then you can flash old stock rom through twrp and boot your device.. there is no boot image now that can boot your phone unfortunately.. the above mentioned way is the only way as of now or you can go to their service center..

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
dude there is no way to get stock boot image as of now since realme hasnt released latest stock firmware on their site.. the boot image that you will get will be an old one and it will not boot your phone....
what i am saying is try to boot a twrp recovery from other phone by using this command " fastboot boot twrp.img " then you can flash old stock rom through twrp and boot your device.. there is no boot image now that can boot your phone unfortunately.. the above mentioned way is the only way as of now or you can go to their service center..

Thank you for the info. I am waiting for good news from you

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Hi, can you post the pic of bootloader as I have rooted many devices but not this one, and by the way you can flash the stock firmware to repair your device.

Attached image is my Realme C1 fastboot mode.
Could you guide me how to flash stock rom ? I have downloaded some stock roms but when I open MSM download tool, it ask for user and password

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_202206.jpg
    IMG_20190914_202206.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 794

riyan65

Mar 22, 2018
Attached image is my Realme C1 fastboot mode.
Could you guide me how to flash stock rom ? I have downloaded some stock roms but when I open MSM download tool, it ask for user and password
Can you post the firmware pic of firmware files??? As it will help to know which command is needed.

gau20

Sep 24, 2014

EDIT : YOU HAVE TO HOLD JUST VOLUME UP TO BRING DEVICE TO DOWNLOAD MODE

did you start your phone in download mode and not fastboot mode?? by powering off your phone and then pressing both volume up and down key and connecting it to pc
also put rom files in c drive and remove any spaces in the directory name like C:\qfil files\ should be C:\qfil_files\ without space
also try with older version of qfil https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fyEuz1cnKpeDYtYnU0RXVqbEU/view
also try with Ultimate multi tool https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1myq1coE1HyPn0QiVk4pY_Ym5Pw55RpeH

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED GSI arm 64 ab custom roms ( need vbmeta.img from realme 3 pro ) WITH MINIMAL BUGS, INSTALLED MAGISK ETC.
    <Mod edit>

Hii guys it is possible to unlock the bootloader for Realme c1 and Realme 2 post A.59 update.. Here is how

- First of all you need to download Adb and fastboot drivers you can find link on google.

- Then unlock developer options by tapping version in about phone 7 times.

- Go to developer option and turn on usb debugging and oem unlock

- Connect the phone to your pc via usb cable and install adb drivers.

- Go to the directory where you have downloaded adb and fastboot and press shift + right click and then click on open command window here

- In the command window enter the following command

adb reboot bootloader

- it will ask for permission in phone then just allow it.

- Your phone will restart in bootloader mode

- Next step is simple, keep the phone connected and enter the following command.

fastboot flashing unlock

- On the phone screen select i want to unlock bootloader with volume down button and press power button to confirm..

Warning : Phone will reboot and it will start wiping the data so backing up the data is recommended..

Note : if fastboot command is showing waiting for device then simply go to device manager and you will see "android" with little warning icon

right click on that android and click update drivers then search for drivers online after that computer will detect the device...

some screenshots :

https%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F1TcPN02H0d1tG5m5lN-KNtj9Cpk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fstatic.c.realme.com%252FIN%252Fthread%252F1171695103471779840.jpeg
    https%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FrkcvTzrDGZuEEPVzE2jc0FULQSo%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fstatic.c.realme.com%252FIN%252Fthread%252F1171695102985240576.jpeg

That is all.

Same method working On REALME C2

Any one tried to pull boot.img & tried to patched with Magisk??

Not work. But I have rooted C1 successfully by recovery magisk patch

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

root at own risk
    rooting will factory reset your phone
    1. follow #bootloader_unlock
    2. fastboot flash #vbmeta
    3. fastboot flash #magiskinstall
    4.reboot your to recovery mode from phone fastboot
    5. install magisk apk from official xda
    is there any guide/video that i can read/watch to root realme 2?
    thx

I do it on C1, not sure for Realme 2
    Hi,

Does anyone have a link to the stock rom or fastboot flashable RMX1811 (Realme C1, 2gb / 16gb) firmware? I seem to have soft bricked my phone, but it boots to the following
    1) fastboot
    2) recovery (twrp / orangefox)

My mistake of not doing a backup via twrp first. I seem to be missing vendor.img and dtbo.img

Chronology of events:
    1) I followed the instructions and have managed to unlock bootloader

2) Then, I installed TWRP and got it to hotboot ( from fastboot to recovery boot command)
    2a) I also installed permissiver and removed encryption.

3) I tried to flash a GSI rom, and having bootloop at realme logo, so now am trying to revert to stock
    Tried phhsons gsi, pixel gsi, havoc gsi, both pie and Q, all will just bootloop at realme logo

This is stock rom:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/k5poys988zb24nk/RMX1805EX_A.60_Realme_C1and2.zip/file
    You can flash it via TWRP Recovery