Guide to update from EMUI 8.x (Oreo) to EMUI 9.x (Pie)

Search This thread

AjayRio18

Dec 30, 2018
i used the below file

Code:
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G3507/g1699/v200969/f1/full/changelog.xml

My device is COR-AL00

I tried First file from the below url
COR-AL00C675E5R1P9B156 (9.0.0.156)
ROM

Used the same file, but I don't know why my device keeps loopsick at erecovery.. BTW what's ur variant? Mine is 6gb..

Currently I'm on. 141 and I experience battery drain issue.. But 6 of my friends who have 4gb variant also on. 141 does not experience drain issue.. I don't know why.

arunzone

Apr 21, 2016
Karur
Used the same file, but I don't know why my device keeps loopsick at erecovery.. BTW what's ur variant? Mine is 6gb..

Currently I'm on. 141 and I experience battery drain issue.. But 6 of my friends who have 4gb variant also on. 141 does not experience drain issue.. I don't know why.

Mine is 4 GB. Are you sure you downloaded the correct ROM? what is your device model?

arunzone

Apr 21, 2016
Karur
Yes sure bro.. I think the problem is because of variant!!
My model is COR-AL00 (C675GT)

My device is also COR-AL00 C675GT. My oreo build was B141 (8.2.0.141). I used the ROM i mentioned and now its updated successfully. Now it shows my build number as 9.0.0.156(C675E5R1P9).

I'm not sure what you missed.

AjayRio18

Dec 30, 2018
My device is also COR-AL00 C675GT. My oreo build was B141 (8.2.0.141). I used the ROM i mentioned and now its updated successfully. Now it shows my build number as 9.0.0.156(C675E5R1P9).

I'm not sure what you missed.

Me also have same build bro.. And I'm sure that it becuz of ram variant.. As I told bfr, 6 of my friends having 4gb Up won't experience drain issue in. 141 build and I'm only experiencing battery drain issue.. And this is also same like that I think so..

gazza1888

Apr 3, 2009
I have followed every step correctly, changing DNS, approved device and confirmation from the server that it's correct, when downloading it re-downloads the firmware in on just now which is 8.x.x.132 but I'm selecting the 9.x.x.156. The download also completes with no errors. Can anyone explain why it's not giving me the latest update. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you.

spityu85hun

Sep 26, 2014
City of Kings
logout.hu
I have followed every step correctly, changing DNS, approved device and confirmation from the server that it's correct, when downloading it re-downloads the firmware in on just now which is 8.x.x.132 but I'm selecting the 9.x.x.156. The download also completes with no errors. Can anyone explain why it's not giving me the latest update. Can anyone help me please?
Thank you.
this method not work on honor play...

Sent from my HUAWEI COR-L29 using XDA Labs

Srinivasan9

Dec 25, 2017
I dont have router. Is there any method to upgrade using firmware finder like using mobile hotspot by configuring DNS using DNSet application .

miststudent2011

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 3, 2016
sorry, but it's so hard to realize that it doesn't work on honor play? may work on honor 10 and p20 pro,but understand it doesn't work on honor play.... unnecessary to force...

Sent from my HUAWEI COR-L29 using XDA Labs

I cant help that regards with you, It worked for many Honor Play users in the thread itself I can find successfully updated users. You and one other user are the only one it doesnt work even after following all steps. For others it was other technical issues.

I am also not sure whether you and the other user have followed the steps correctly even in the FB beta club I have success reports from Honor Play users.

I cant even ask you again to try it as it you have already got ota.

gazza1888

Apr 3, 2009
I am using firmware finder to change the DNS, I get the white screen saying connected to TM server, when I click the link through my pc through firmware finder after changing the DNS, I am taken to the funkyhuawei home page, this might be my problem. Is this correct?

miststudent2011

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 3, 2016
I am using firmware finder to change the DNS, I get the white screen saying connected to TM server, when I click the link through my pc through firmware finder after changing the DNS, I am taken to the funkyhuawei home page, this might be my problem. Is this correct?

I think you have entered wrong DNS ?
Enter the correct DNS from Firmware Finder.

gazza1888

Apr 3, 2009
I think you have entered wrong DNS ?
Enter the correct DNS from Firmware Finder.
188.225.84.142 is the DNS I get from firmware finder, when I change the settings in my phone I get connected to Team MT server with a white page, when I connect through the pc with the same DNS address it takes me to the funkyhuawei.com web page.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi In this Guide I am going to show a way to update Emui 8.x to Emui 9.x using Firmware Finder

It can be used on locked and unlocked Bootloader.

Data mostly wont be erased but will be erased in some cases where stock system is tampered earlier.

It may or may not lock your Bootloader.

For this you need to install Firmware Finder app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teammt.gmanrainy.huaweifirmwarefinder ) on your device , original thread for the app ( https://xdaforums.com/tools/general/huawei-firmware-finder-team-mt-t3469146/ )
    Note 1:
    This method requires latest EMUI 8.X available for your device. If you are not on the latest update repeat the below steps to install latest EMUI 8.x for your device.

Note 2: This process is safe to proceed if you have selected correct firmware for your device , If you try to flash wrong firmware and bricked your device I wont be responsible for it.

Steps to Update :

1. Install Firmware Finder App ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teammt.gmanrainy.huaweifirmwarefinder)
    2. Select your Device in the App
    3. Check the list of available firmwares
    4. If you are not on the latest EMUI 8.x firmware then you need to install it
    5. Select the next update iteration for your device
    6. Check whether the update is approved your IMEI or not if check step 11 below
    7. If the update is approved Get an update through eRecovery (Note that for this method you have to change DNS in your Router)
    8. Click On Next and copy DNS address from the App
    9. Change DNS in the Router and reboot your Router (Check whether DNS is configured properly or not by clicking this URL http://query.hicloud.com/checkConnect.action if you get 404 then its not configured properly)
    10. Now click on the check availablitiy if not yet approved check next step
    11. There is a option for Register update in the screen now click on register update and click next here your IP will be registered for sending the update
    12. Now connect your device to charger and reboot into eRecovery by pressing Volume+ button
    13. Once its rebooted cleck on the option Download latest version and recovery
    14. On Next step Download and recovery
    15. It will search for WiFi and will list the available WiFi , select the WiFi which you used to register your IP in step 11
    16. It will proceed to download the select firmware once it done it will Reboot.

https://imgur.com/a/r28YKbx

https://imgur.com/a/MyL4Gew
    Screenshots for the steps:

CfPLSPT.jpg

W6AsEjA.jpg

ie6oBcY.jpg

amgeFK3.jpg

IuZSv9M.jpg

HQRHs00.jpg

dReV4ww.jpg

0yo8GEy.jpg

NKiZPes.jpg

fBQZA9B.jpg

VY4qAeB.jpg

umISs5Q.jpg

AoDocKH.jpg

Repeat the process till you are on the latest version of EMUI 8.x once its done you can Install EMUI 9.x

If it helps Donate to Huawei Firmware Finder (Team MT) and Thank them.

If this steps are helpful thank and rate this thread.

For those who cant access their router try this guide.

https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p20-pro/how-to/upgrade-to-android-pie-throught-t3884054
    January Security Update
    if you have changed DNS in pc and not in router then flush dns in pc
    I have done this with cmd, ipconfig /flushdns. Still the same, I'm just going to give up with it as I have wasted days trying to do this, if Huawei would just release the ****ing thing when they say they would, people wouldn't have to resort to this crap. Thank you though anyway for your help.
    L29 is a EU variant which is generally called as Global variant to get which region it belongs type this command in terminal.
    no... L29 is Global Variant!
    AL00/TL10 China
    AL10 India
    L29 cust path...
    ceu,eu,ru,mea
    What error did you get ? Is it package info getting failed ?

No, that step passed, but after downloading new firmware erecovery checked that file and after that i got some error, cant quote it, was like not proper firmware. This firmware was signed for sure and ready for install in firmware Finder.