Guide to Viper on Pixel 4 XL (Easy)

Search This thread
Sep 11, 2019
I jave trouble downloadong tje file. Somehow login fails. Can someone upload it on cloud??

Sent from my Google Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Kris Chen

It seems that you never use magisk...
Execute magisk manager and locate the app list that you have installed... then you will see whether any update for the modules you have installed.

Where do i see in magsik if there is an update for Viper?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Well, it's pretty simple to install...

1. Download Dolby Digital plus : https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5022251&d=1589892904
2. install dolby digital plus in magisk manager but don't reboot phone
3. Then keep installing viper in magisk manager but don't reboot phone
4. Execute viper and it will prompt you to install viper driver then reboot phone
5. Keep installing Audio_Modification_Library and then reboot phone
6. Execute dolby and finish setup that you want

Why do you have dolby n viper?

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
...Well, it's pretty simple to install...

1. Download Dolby Digital plus : https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5022251&d=1589892904
4. Execute viper and it will prompt you to install viper driver then reboot phone

<Edit>
My apology I didn't read this post:
New released Viper4a_2721 in magisk is working greatly in my P4XL R11. It doesn't impact on Dolby Digital Plus and work together.

It is the Magisk Module.

Last edited:

Madjax2020

Dec 7, 2019
It seems that you never use magisk...
Execute magisk manager and locate the app list that you have installed... then you will see whether any update for the modules you have installed.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Well, it's pretty simple to install...

Why are you using dolby and viper? I was told a while back forgot where or by who ... Not to use them together.

Curiousn00b

Anyone managed to get their pixel 4 xl running the v4a? I've tried many methods but with no avail. Anyone can shed some light?
Tbh, it's very finicky and works when it wants to.

Try turning off the audio modification module, reboot, then open V4A and install the driver, then reinstall the audio modification module and reboot again. Also, enable legacy mode in the V4A settings.

I'm about to do a fresh flash now, going to try an older version of V4A though. New one only works for me in legacy and gets stuck in bluetooth mode even when I'm no longer connected to bluetooth.

Reactions: flash713

storytellerz

May 16, 2012
Kuching
Google Pixel 4 XL
Tbh, it's very finicky and works when it wants to.

Try turning off the audio modification module, reboot, then open V4A and install the driver, then reinstall the audio modification module and reboot again. Also, enable legacy mode in the V4A settings.

I'm about to do a fresh flash now, going to try an older version of V4A though. New one only works for me in legacy and gets stuck in bluetooth mode even when I'm no longer connected to bluetooth.
Can you let me know your outcome after you try it?

Curiousn00b

So, going to do more bluetooth testing tomorrow at work, but I think it's working correctly right now. It's not getting stuck on my headphones, car, or speaker. It's respecting each device and swapping to a new profile for V4A.

1. Install V4A module
2. Open V4A and grant root
3. Install Audio Modification Library module
4. Open V4A and install the module(it'll reboot)
5. Uninstall or uncheck the AML module and reboot
6. Open V4A and install the driver(it'll reboot)
7. Open V4A and put it in legacy mode, then check if it's processing

I left it at this step and uninstalled AML and V4A just works from there. I have Musicfx disabled as well, and V4A not being optimized in battery settings.

storytellerz

May 16, 2012
Kuching
Google Pixel 4 XL
So, going to do more bluetooth testing tomorrow at work, but I think it's working correctly right now. It's not getting stuck on my headphones, car, or speaker. It's respecting each device and swapping to a new profile for V4A.

1. Install V4A module

I left it at this step and uninstalled AML and V4A just works from there. I have Musicfx disabled as well, and V4A not being optimized in battery settings.
Thanks bro! Your method is working! Really happy to have V4A working on my pixel 4 XL!

Curiousn00b

Got it working on DP3 and now A12 beta 1 using similar actions to above. Thanks for that! The sound system in my new car isn't as good as the Bose in my last. Definitely needed it to sound better.

However, it doesn't work with Android auto? It's wired so I'm not even sure if it would?
I don't have an Android Auto enabled car, but if it's not processing, try force stopping V4A and reopening it. It might start processing then. You could also try toggling legacy mode to see if there's any change in the audio.

Also, it's amazing how much better it can make your car sound, I can't do without it.

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Got it working on DP3 and now A12 beta 1 using similar actions to above. Thanks for that! The sound system in my new car isn't as good as the Bose in my last. Definitely needed it to sound better.

However, it doesn't work with Android auto? It's wired so I'm not even sure if it would?
Which module are you using for viper? Every time I try on Android 12 it says it can't connect to internet when I try to install in magisk.

Which module are you using for viper? Every time I try on Android 12 it says it can't connect to internet when I try to install in magisk.
Right? My Pathfinder has a Bose system which sounded awesome, but with V4A it was really good! I gave it to my wife and bought an Audi, and for a luxury car, the sound system is fairly disappointing.. I can't afford the Bang and Olufson option lol.

Anyway, I'll give it a shot. I'm guessing it would use the headphones setting in V4A if there is one that's not Bluetooth. I don't remember seeing one though.

Thanks, got it working on Pixel 4XL A12B2 stock rooted. Use Version 2.7.2.1, downloaded separately (the online module on magisk fail to download). Then installs audio modification library v4 on magisk. Works perfectly right away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are the steps to install viper with a Pixel 4 XL:

1. In magisk go to downloads, install the audio compatibility patch 1.7 3. Choose volume up for requested settings, although USB can be set as preferred.

2. Reboot

3. Install XDA Labs Viper. Do not open.

4. In magisk go to downloads, install the Audio Modification Library v2 4. Do not reboot.

5. Open Viper, let it install driver and it will reboot.

6. Go to app info for viper, disable battery optimization.

That’s it. Enjoy the audio bliss. :)

NICE. All I had to do was install Viper but not the driver, then Audio Mod Library, and after magisk reboot, install the driver in viper and reboot again.
    Thank you.

1. Install V4A module

Can you confirm the audio mods are actually working? I've installed viper many times on different devices and in some cases everything seemed to have went fine but the audio mods were not actually working.
    Yes, the ones I've tested (speaker) work. Haven't had a chance to test others.
    Give it another shot. I just installed the latest module version earlier today.

Also, are you using any adblockers? You could try disabling those.