[GUIDE][TOOL] Reboot to EDL mode from FASTBOOT! No More "Test Point Method"! [kenzo]

Search This thread

realtebo

Dec 13, 2012
My phone is bricked... this is why I need EDL mode. I cannot enable usb debug.

fastboot device works.

Black_Stark

Sep 24, 2012
GOA
My phone is bricked... this is why I need EDL mode. I cannot enable usb debug.

fastboot device works.

Ur pc should be windows 64 bit

First Disable driver signature of windows

After that Make sure u have adb fastboot drivers installed or U can install miunlock tool and miflash tool which will auto install necessary drivers in background.

Then try.

realtebo

Dec 13, 2012
I have windows 64bit. I have installed mi flash with all drivers succesfully. I also have miunlock tool. The unlock tool arrives at 99% at then fails ... :(...

Anywaiy, I retried with your tool, I noticed, launching it automatically, that nothing happens.
Launching manually using your modified version with your command, the next fastboot commands fails. Which ever the command is, the phone will no more reply to fastboot commands.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Code:
.\fastboot.exe reboot-edl
rebooting into edl...
FAILED (remote: Device is already locked!)
finished. total time: 0.006s

.\fastboot.exe getvar all
(bootloader) crc:1

Then the command never returns to prompt, no more linea, no other commands...

If I do a Ctrl-C, and resend the command I got no output at all :(

Veran125

Jun 26, 2013
I just bricked my A2 lite, and as far as I can see the only way to unbrick is by EDL Mode. My question in that connection is if I somehow can use this tool to make my phone go to EDL Mode. Now it just restarts.

Thanks in advance.

ginnu.in

Feb 4, 2017
Redmi y2 stuck on recovery and doesn't boot into eld

I tried but it returns-(device is in locked state,this command is not allowed)

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

I tried but it returns-(device is in locked state,this command is not allowed)

b4b4.4l1

Aug 27, 2012
Medan
Dunno if this forum is still active or not. Got a kenzo here. Won't boot into system nor recovery, but can get into fastboot and edl alright. So flashed through edl successfully but then it just booted to mi.com and then black screen. Nothing more. Any idea what's happening here? I have the latest MIUI fastboot room here. Mi flash is also installed correctly and showing COM3 while flashing. What do I miss?

AntonioKi

Dec 29, 2014
Hello, @BRoy_98, can you help me?
I have the same problem Qualcomm Hs USB Qdloader 900E :(
My Android ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL/G552KL)

I tried using your fastboot_edl_2.7z file, but it didn’t help me :(
When using fastboot_edl, my phone is loaded with the ASUS logo and turns off, and in the device manage still showing Qualcomm Hs USB Qdloader 900E :(

Last edited:

Adwin001

Apr 28, 2018
bootloader unlock needed??

Is Bootloader unlock neccesary to use this and reboot to EDL mode?
My device is bricked and fastboot says device locked and unlocking attempts doesnt work
so, is it possible to reboot to edl mode using locked bootloader?

mmb_9

Oct 27, 2020
I have a question. I downloaded an update yesterday for Mi Max 3. The screen stayed black with the MI logo for hours. I tried the following but didn't work:

- Connecting to Mi PC suite, but it isn't recognizing the device.
- Downloaded many drives for the USB, but still the device is not being recognized.
- MiFlash recognize the device, but when I downloaded the Rom (both recovery and nitrogen) it is mentioned can't find file flash all.
- I tried to put some commands such as adb back up, but it informs me no device found.

I want to know what should I do, I don't want to lose the data on the phone.

latifon

Nov 28, 2020
Guys, could you please assist? I am trying to fix my xiaomi note 4 with error "the system has been destroyed". So far I realized that my bootloader is locked and thus that error I am not able to get in the system device to unlock bootloader in official way. Also I am not sure, if usb debugging is allowed (I assume that is not) since I am not able to get in system. Following described procedure about edl my computer says "completed", however the phone reboot from fastboot to error message mentioned above...any ideas how can I move further?

Ashfaq_Ansari

Oct 21, 2018
[GUIDE][TOOL] Reboot to EDL mode from FASTBOOT! No More "Test Point Method"! [kenzo]

Reboot to EDL mode from FASTBOOT!
No more Test Point Method needed ;)

Technical Details:
Redmi Note 3 support rebooting to EDL in Android Bootloader aboot module (the "reboot-edl" command) but fastboot utility doesn't recognize "reboot-edl" in the command line and refuses to sent the command to the device. Since FastBoot command protocol is simple and text-based, it is enough to send a packet containing "reboot-edl" text over USB. The simplest way to do that is to patch Windows fastboot.exe file, replacing "reboot-bootloader" text with "reboot-edl". As "reboot-bootloader" string is found in the command line, fastboot.exe sends the same constant string to the device. So if "reboot-bootloader" is replaced with "reboot-edl", you can specify "reboot-edl" in the command line and the same text will be sent to the device.

New Update: Fastboot updated to latest version.

Tutorial:

1. Download the Fastboot_edl-v2.zip from Here.

2. Extract the zip in your desktop

3. Open the folder and double Click on Reboot.bat

Gzmp1cs.png

4. Reboot your device to Fastboot Mode by pressing

Vol Down + Power button and connect your device with PC and Press Enter.

SPVka8q.png

5. Your Device will be rebooted to EDL!

6. Now flash your Fastboot Rom with Mi Flash Tool to Unbrick your Mi Note 3. :)

Proof:
koAiuFv.png

Thanks to @emuzychenko for the Idea!
is it work for new VIVO mobiles?

JATVA

Mar 7, 2021
How ? Standard command is not available for me Pixel 3xl. If you know a new one, talk about it with me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reboot to EDL mode from FASTBOOT!
    No more Test Point Method needed ;)

Technical Details:
    Redmi Note 3 support rebooting to EDL in Android Bootloader aboot module (the "reboot-edl" command) but fastboot utility doesn't recognize "reboot-edl" in the command line and refuses to sent the command to the device. Since FastBoot command protocol is simple and text-based, it is enough to send a packet containing "reboot-edl" text over USB. The simplest way to do that is to patch Windows fastboot.exe file, replacing "reboot-bootloader" text with "reboot-edl". As "reboot-bootloader" string is found in the command line, fastboot.exe sends the same constant string to the device. So if "reboot-bootloader" is replaced with "reboot-edl", you can specify "reboot-edl" in the command line and the same text will be sent to the device.

New Update: Fastboot updated to latest version.

Tutorial:
    1. Download the Fastboot_edl-v2.zip from Here.
    2. Extract the zip in your desktop
    3. Open the folder and double Click on Reboot.bat
    Gzmp1cs.png

4. Reboot your device to Fastboot Mode by pressing
    Vol Down + Power button and connect your device with PC and Press Enter.
    SPVka8q.png

5. Your Device will be rebooted to EDL!
    6. Now flash your Fastboot Rom with Mi Flash Tool to Unbrick your Mi Note 3. :)

Proof:
    koAiuFv.png

Thanks to @emuzychenko for the Idea!
    It would've been better if the source of this guide is also mentioned
    Especially since most of text had been copied "as is". :)
    For Linux (and more precisely, debian flavors), here's how to add a "reboot-edl" command in "fastboot" command:

Code:
    mkdir /tmp/fastboot &&
    cd /tmp/fastboot &&
    apt-get source android-tools-fastboot </dev/null &&
    cd android-tools-*
    cat <<EOF | patch -p1
    --- a/core/fastboot/fastboot.c
    +++ b/core/fastboot/fastboot.c
    @@ -284,6 +284,7 @@ void usage(void)
                 "  continue                                 continue with autoboot\n"
                 "  reboot                                   reboot device normally\n"
                 "  reboot-bootloader                        reboot device into bootloader\n"
    +            "  reboot-edl                               reboot device into EDL (RedMi Note 3 Pro)\n"
                 "  help                                     show this help message\n"
                 "\n"
                 "options:\n"
    @@ -803,6 +804,7 @@ int main(int argc, char **argv)
         int wants_wipe = 0;
         int wants_reboot = 0;
         int wants_reboot_bootloader = 0;
    +    int wants_reboot_edl = 0;
         int erase_first = 1;
         void *data;
         unsigned sz;
    @@ -929,6 +931,9 @@ int main(int argc, char **argv)
             } else if(!strcmp(*argv, "reboot-bootloader")) {
                 wants_reboot_bootloader = 1;
                 skip(1);
    +        } else if(!strcmp(*argv, "reboot-edl")) {
    +            wants_reboot_edl = 1;
    +            skip(1);
             } else if (!strcmp(*argv, "continue")) {
                 fb_queue_command("continue", "resuming boot");
                 skip(1);
    @@ -1009,6 +1014,8 @@ int main(int argc, char **argv)
             fb_queue_reboot();
         } else if (wants_reboot_bootloader) {
             fb_queue_command("reboot-bootloader", "rebooting into bootloader");
    +    } else if (wants_reboot_edl) {
    +        fb_queue_command("reboot-edl", "rebooting into EDL mode");
         }

if (fb_queue_is_empty())
    EOF

apt-get build-dep android-tools-fastboot -y </dev/null
    dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b
    cd ..
    dpkg -i android-tools-fastboot*.deb

I have a blog post about this providing a few more information Here. Any comment is warmly encouraged and welcome.

I have updated the fastboot.exe and the method also. Update your video with this and I will add it to OP.
    This must be driver problem. Install MI PC suite and it will install all necessary drivers. Then try it again.
    I have a bricked xiaomi pad 5 that has a locked bootloader when i trired using this tool to go to EDL mode via fastboot it just restarts and boot loops... need help.