[GUIDE/TUTORIAL/HOWTO] Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 stock to Android 10

Search This thread

Islamujeres

Dec 30, 2021
Hi, sorry for that.
Thanks for telling me. It's hard to keep up with all the models I support.

I'll try to fetch all files and backup these on Androidfilehost.
Thx for archive.org, didn't know it.
Enjoy
Hi, is the LineageOS Version for - SM-T719 (gts28velte) still available somewhere ? I could not find it so far.
Could you please post a link ?
Thank you !

Nov 7, 2015
Hi, is the LineageOS Version for - SM-T719 (gts28velte) still available somewhere ? I could not find it so far.
Could you please post a link ?
Thank you !
You can try this link:

It's an archived version of the link posted in the ROM's official thread. It's not the quickest download, but it's what I used for my file (SM-T813).

Edit: Actually, if you head to the last page of the official ROM thread, a user uploaded some of the recent versions to their Dropbox and said they'll leave them up for a week.

Last edited:

yoblo

Jul 26, 2014
Hi @Tetenterre,

first boot leads to bootloop.
Flash > boot > force reboot and wait
I am also stuck in a bootloop. Not just the first boot but all subsequent ones also end up in TWRP. I have done the Power + Vol down reboot 4 times now and always ended up in TWRP. In fact, Power + Vol Down gets me into recovery mode right away, so in TWRP I need to go to Reboot->system ... then I end up with the logo only to end up in TWRP after a couple of minutes. What am I doing wrong?

djibe89

I am also stuck in a bootloop. Not just the first boot but all subsequent ones also end up in TWRP. I have done the Power + Vol down reboot 4 times now and always ended up in TWRP. In fact, Power + Vol Down gets me into recovery mode right away, so in TWRP I need to go to Reboot->system ... then I end up with the logo only to end up in TWRP after a couple of minutes. What am I doing wrong?
Hi, did you Wipe all partitions > flash ROM > Reboot to Recovery > Flash GApps > Reboot system ?

yoblo

Jul 26, 2014
Hi, did you Wipe all partitions > flash ROM > Reboot to Recovery > Flash GApps > Reboot system ?
Yes I followed all the steps exactly. So I didn't quite do the sequence you mentioned but: Format > Wipe > Install lineage-17.1-20220312-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte and open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20220426 > Reboot to Recovery > Instal Magisk-v23.0.zip > Wipe cache/dalvik > Reboot. Upon this first reboot it hangs on the logo for ever so I did the Power + Vol Down while it was still on the logo (OK?). Then, once it reboots, it stays on the logo for 2-3 minutes and then goes to TWRP.

BTW, I also tried to install lineage 16 together with gapps 9.0 and I get the same result.

Also, what is a bit weird is that while I seem to have the 2015 model with the Exynos 5 Octa 5433 chipset (at least based on my IMEI) I cannot install the corresponding gts28ltexx TWRP. I get an error. I can install the gts28velte TWRP without problem though which is why I followed the instructions here (which are for the 2016 model). Not sure why it tells me that I have the 2015 model but then needs the TWRP for the 2016 model.

I tried to restore the backup I made before and now it is stuck on the SAMSUNG logo :-(

In the meantime I also managed to flash a stock ROM and reboot the tab successfully. When I then started the process again from scratch, trying both LOS16 and LOS17 + corresponding GAPPS, I ended up with the same problem.

One thing I tried is to only install the LOS16 zip (without the GAPPS) and that worked. I was able to boot it up, and did the basic setup. I then rebooted into TWRP and added the GAPPS, wiped cahe/dalvik, and rebooted just to be stuck on the lineage logo again. So it appears that the GAPPS are the problem. Any way I can install them without going through TWRP?

Final update: I finally managed to get it to work by installing LOS17 by itself, wipe cache/dalvik, boot to system. Once the initial system setup was done, reboot into TWRP and install open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20220215, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot to system. Took me over a day to get this sorted but maybe someone may find it useful.

Last edited:

djibe89

Yes I followed all the steps exactly. So I didn't quite do the sequence you mentioned but: Format > Wipe > Install lineage-17.1-20220312-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte and open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20220426 > Reboot to Recovery > Instal Magisk-v23.0.zip > Wipe cache/dalvik > Reboot. Upon this first reboot it hangs on the logo for ever so I did the Power + Vol Down while it was still on the logo (OK?). Then, once it reboots, it stays on the logo for 2-3 minutes and then goes to TWRP.

BTW, I also tried to install lineage 16 together with gapps 9.0 and I get the same result.

Also, what is a bit weird is that while I seem to have the 2015 model with the Exynos 5 Octa 5433 chipset (at least based on my IMEI) I cannot install the corresponding gts28ltexx TWRP. I get an error. I can install the gts28velte TWRP without problem though which is why I followed the instructions here (which are for the 2016 model). Not sure why it tells me that I have the 2015 model but then needs the TWRP for the 2016 model.

I tried to restore the backup I made before and now it is stuck on the SAMSUNG logo :-(

In the meantime I also managed to flash a stock ROM and reboot the tab successfully. When I then started the process again from scratch, trying both LOS16 and LOS17 + corresponding GAPPS, I ended up with the same problem.

One thing I tried is to only install the LOS16 zip (without the GAPPS) and that worked. I was able to boot it up, and did the basic setup. I then rebooted into TWRP and added the GAPPS, wiped cahe/dalvik, and rebooted just to be stuck on the lineage logo again. So it appears that the GAPPS are the problem. Any way I can install them without going through TWRP?

Final update: I finally managed to get it to work by installing LOS17 by itself, wipe cache/dalvik, boot to system. Once the initial system setup was done, reboot into TWRP and install open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20220215, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot to system. Took me over a day to get this sorted but maybe someone may find it useful.
Thx.

What I was about to propose is to flash Bitgapps Package ARM64: https://github.com/BiTGApps/BiTGApps-Release/releases

But you did it. Enjoy

yoblo

Jul 26, 2014
BTW, I am not sure if I am the only one who has noticed this but with the new May 2022 updates to 17.1 the battery drains really fast. I originally installed the 20220312 with which a full charge would last me about 3-4 days (I only have few apps installed and essentially use the tablet as an e-reader at night). Once I installed the 2 updates released earlier this month, a full charge wouldn't even last me a day any more. I installed a battery monitor which did not show any particular app causing the problem but the tablet was essentially held awake all the time (including wifi). I have wiped it again and gone back to the 20220312 version which resolved the problem.

Reactions: djibe89

yoblo

Jul 26, 2014
@yoblo Can you share 20220312 build with us ?
Sure. Originally I had downloaded it from here: https://los.rockhost.se/builds/lineage-17.1-20220312-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte.zip but this particular build seems to be no longer available on that site, so I have uploaded the one I downloaded at the time to my dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ofl23dsc4puzfv/lineage-17.1-20220312-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte.zip?dl=0

I will keep it there for a week ...

yoblo

Jul 26, 2014
BTW, I am not sure if I am the only one who has noticed this but with the new May 2022 updates to 17.1 the battery drains really fast. I originally installed the 20220312 with which a full charge would last me about 3-4 days (I only have few apps installed and essentially use the tablet as an e-reader at night). Once I installed the 2 updates released earlier this month, a full charge wouldn't even last me a day any more. I installed a battery monitor which did not show any particular app causing the problem but the tablet was essentially held awake all the time (including wifi). I have wiped it again and gone back to the 20220312 version which resolved the problem.
P.S.: I noticed that the 20220312 build also started to drain the battery more quickly after a while, not sure why it lasted longer right after the initial wipe but after a few days the battery was draining in under 24h as well, even without using the tablet. The only way to resolve it was to install an app that switches the WIFI off when the device is not in use and back on once the device gets unlocked. I believe there are several apps out there that can do this. I have installed one called "Wifi Automatic" and with the standard settings, my battery (with just a few minutes of screen use each day) is still at 79%, 3 days after the last full charge. It is such a simple feature which extends the battery life from <1 day to probably >1 week. Would be nice if such a feature would be integrated into the lineage OS. In this particular case, since it is an old device, I do not use it to receive push notifications or emails and such. I use it as a backup device and as an ebook and news reader, so I only use the WIFI when I am using the tablet but it does not need it to be on 24/7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P.S.: I noticed that the 20220312 build also started to drain the battery more quickly after a while, not sure why it lasted longer right after the initial wipe but after a few days the battery was draining in under 24h as well, even without using the tablet. The only way to resolve it was to install an app that switches the WIFI off when the device is not in use and back on once the device gets unlocked. I believe there are several apps out there that can do this. I have installed one called "Wifi Automatic" and with the standard settings, my battery (with just a few minutes of screen use each day) is still at 79%, 3 days after the last full charge. It is such a simple feature which extends the battery life from <1 day to probably >1 week. Would be nice if such a feature would be integrated into the lineage OS. In this particular case, since it is an old device, I do not use it to receive push notifications or emails and such. I use it as a backup device and as an ebook and news reader, so I only use the WIFI when I am using the tablet but it does not need it to be on 24/7.
    Installed successfully by following your guide to a T (although I used the latest TWRP). I know support for this old girl has probably reached it's limit, but it was tough to find the ROM file (most links in the thread are dead - had to use one from archive.org)

Thanks a lot for putting this together!
    Hi, sorry for that.
    Thanks for telling me. It's hard to keep up with all the models I support.

I'll try to fetch all files and backup these on Androidfilehost.
    Thx for archive.org, didn't know it.
    Enjoy
    @yoblo Can you share 20220312 build with us ?
    Sure. Originally I had downloaded it from here: https://los.rockhost.se/builds/lineage-17.1-20220312-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte.zip but this particular build seems to be no longer available on that site, so I have uploaded the one I downloaded at the time to my dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ofl23dsc4puzfv/lineage-17.1-20220312-UNOFFICIAL-gts28velte.zip?dl=0

I will keep it there for a week ...