[GUIDE][TWRP][INE-LX1/2] How to install TWRP and root Huawei Nova 3i/P Smart+

Search This thread

Supersonic27543

Nov 14, 2016
This is a guide on how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, and root your Huawei Nova 3i/P Smart+. (INE-LX1/INE-LX2). You need at least $20 to unlock the bootloader.
Thanks for @medoamer for trying this first and helping me out!
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty will be void if you follow this guide.
 * Only YOU are responsible for any damage done to your
 * device by following this guide. I'm not affiliated with, or  
 * responsible for any service mentioned below.
 */

You will need:
-A working Nova 3i/P Smart+.
-$20/$22/$55 depending on your preferences.
-A Windows PC. (PM me if you have a Linux one, I will update the guide accordingly)
-A working SD card that is tested and working with your phone.
-A reliable USB cable which works for connecting your phone to your PC.
-A backup (optional)

PART 1: Bootloader Unlock
To unlock your bootloader you need a bootloader unlock code. Huawei stopped giving bootloader codes in end of July. But you can buy one in one of the webistes below. You have to send your IMEI to them, and they will generate the unlock code and send it to you. You can see your IMEI at System>>About Phone>>IMEI.

1.) Global Unlocking Solutions for $20/$22
First of all, I know that the website looks super sketchy. But @medoamer, myself, and a lot of other XDA users had success with this method. I spent the extra $2 for the fast service, but it is up to you.

2.) FunkyHuawei for $55
The advantage of FunkyHuawei is that they have a good track record with XDA and other services, a refund policy, and just you know what you are getting into. You can ask for a refund if the code does not work.

3.) Ministry of Solutions for €30
A lot of XDA users had success with this method also. I don't know much information about this method, but the ysay they offer a refund if the code doesn't work.

Got the code? Good. You are mostly done now...
Install ADB and Fastboot. I'm not going to give a guide on how, you can search for it. Download and install Hisuite from here. Connect your phone to your PC, and open a command prompt on your ADB folder. Run,
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Wait for your device to reboot and show a screen with title "FASTBOOT & RESCUE MODE". In the next command replace <code> with the unlock code you bought. The next step will wipe all the data on your device, so you might want to backup your important data.
Code:
fsatboot oem unlock <code>
Congratulations, you just unlocked the bootloader of your device. Your warranty is legally void now. Reboot the device with the command;
Code:
fastboot reboot

PART 2: Install TWRP and Magisk
First, connect your SD card to your phone, download Magisk ZIP here, and place it in your SD card.
Reboot to Fastboot again with,
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Download the TWRP image here and copy it your ADB folder. Use this command to flash TWRP.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-kirin.img
Hold the power button to turn your phone off. Disconnect your phone from your PC. Now hold the power button and Vol. Up button until the Huawei logo appears, then let go of both buttons. The blue TWRP logo should appear and after a second you would see the TWRP menu. If you see the Keep System Read-Only menu, swipe right.
Go to Install>>Select Storage>>Micro SD Card. You should see the Magisk ZIP you placed there earlier. Select it, and Confirm to flash. After the flashing is over, reboot your phone.
Congratulations, now you have a rooted device!
If you need any help along the way, or end up bricking your device, I will help you the best I can.
Good Luck!

codvph

Dec 17, 2018
Tested procedure on PAR-LX9

I have tried the method in my Nova 3, PAR-LX9, and I confirm that this works.

I did search a little for the TWRP image since I can't access the TWRP image in your link..

If we can place another thread for the PAR-LX9 thread then that will be great.

By the way, this is my first post at xda, hopefully this post complies with the xda's rules :)

Cheers

june.castillote

Nov 30, 2013

I did search a little for the TWRP image since I can't access the TWRP image in your link..

By the way, this is my first post at xda, hopefully this post complies with the xda's rules :)

Cheers

Hi, Can you share the link where you got the TWRP? Can't seem to find the proper one. Thank you!

Julioz13

Aug 25, 2016

Cheers

friend do you think you could facilitate the twrp link I also have the par-lx9

jioleight

Feb 18, 2011
CEBU CITY
pls specify what version of emui to get the unlock codes.
oof, prices went up. how unfortunate.

Last edited:

codvph

Dec 17, 2018
pls specify what version of emui to get the unlock codes.
oof, prices went up. how unfortunate.

unlocking bootloader is via fastboot, so I don't think the version of EMUI is important

for reference: I unlocked mine back when EMUI was 8.2

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

thanks friend and some page that you recommend to unlock the bootloader?

global unlocking solutions.. the link is in the Nova 3i root/twrp guide

forum.xda-developers.com/nova-3/how-to/guide-how-to-install-twrp-root-huawei-t3878946

payment is via paypal.. you can message them via viber or e-mail.. they respond promptly.. :)

ringetje

May 5, 2009
Hi, the link to download the TWRP is not working. I need the recovery for INE-LX1, P Smart Plus. Could you help me? I'm trying to root my P Smart Plus.
Thanks in advance.

rayskylight

Mar 17, 2015
I'm using par-lx2...
waiting dear dev did some miracle.
firstly I'm hoping unlock bootloader and root, superSU or magisk. then I'm hoping some lineageOS or statixOS.
a moment of silence for my hopes...

shanth09

Mar 13, 2013
Jaffna
No options to unlock bootloader nova 3i

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

NO OPTIONS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER NOVA 3I,
ABOVE LINKS ARE NOT WORKING.

This is a guide on how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, and root your Huawei Nova 3i/P Smart+. (INE-LX1/INE-LX2). You need at least $20 to unlock the bootloader.
Code:

/*
 */

You will need:
-A Windows PC. (PM me if you have a Linux one, I will update the guide accordingly)
-A backup (optional)

To unlock your bootloader you need a bootloader unlock code. Huawei stopped giving bootloader codes in end of July. But you can buy one in one of the webistes below. You have to send your IMEI to them, and they will generate the unlock code and send it to you. You can see your IMEI at System>>About Phone>>IMEI.

First of all, I know that the website looks super sketchy. But @medoamer, myself, and a lot of other XDA users had success with this method. I spent the extra $2 for the fast service, but it is up to you.

2.) FunkyHuawei for $55
The advantage of FunkyHuawei is that they have a good track record with XDA and other services, a refund policy, and just you know what you are getting into. You can ask for a refund if the code does not work.

A lot of XDA users had success with this method also. I don't know much information about this method, but the ysay they offer a refund if the code doesn't work.

Install ADB and Fastboot. I'm not going to give a guide on how, you can search for it. Download and install Hisuite from here. Connect your phone to your PC, and open a command prompt on your ADB folder. Run,
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Wait for your device to reboot and show a screen with title "FASTBOOT & RESCUE MODE". In the next command replace <code> with the unlock code you bought. The next step will wipe all the data on your device, so you might want to backup your important data.
Code:
Congratulations, you just unlocked the bootloader of your device. Your warranty is legally void now. Reboot the device with the command;
Code:
fastboot reboot

First, connect your SD card to your phone, download Magisk ZIP here, and place it in your SD card.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Download the TWRP image here and copy it your ADB folder. Use this command to flash TWRP.
Code:
Hold the power button to turn your phone off. Disconnect your phone from your PC. Now hold the power button and Vol. Up button until the Huawei logo appears, then let go of both buttons. The blue TWRP logo should appear and after a second you would see the TWRP menu. If you see the Keep System Read-Only menu, swipe right.
Go to Install>>Select Storage>>Micro SD Card. You should see the Magisk ZIP you placed there earlier. Select it, and Confirm to flash. After the flashing is over, reboot your phone.
If you need any help along the way, or end up bricking your device, I will help you the best I can.
Good Luck!

Dreaminn

Apr 6, 2019
Can anyone help me?

I can't for the life of me get Magisk to install on my Nova 3i. Every time i install it with TRWP, the install runs fine, then when i reboot the device, it says "Magisk not installed"??? I've tried updating, it doesn't work. Ive tried to download the official firware, but the extractor tool doesnt work with Nova 3i. Anyone help me???

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:

/*
     */

You will need:
    -A backup (optional)

2.) FunkyHuawei for $55

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    Good Luck!
    It SHOULD, but this device has a bug that causes it to br sometimes incorrectly displayed (Unlocked when actually locked)
    @Supersonic27543 your TWRP link posted in OP to 4PDA is dead, as seen in screenshot..
    @daveyannihilation why did you delete my previous post?

Dude what the fudge are you talking about? I haven't deleted any post of yours.
    After quite searching and struggling, I've found a way to install TWRP and Magisk (root) and get it working on my Huawei nova 3i/p smart+ 2019. (At the end I leave info about how I've unlocked bootloader). I am not an expert but I just share what I did. Also, English is not my native language, so I apologize for possible grammatical errors or awkward expressions.

I will leave all the files I've used here:

As TWRP does not officially support this phone, I found and used an unofficial modification that seems to work. Here are few steps to install TWRP:

• I assume (if not, google search it) you have enabled all features in android settings needed to use adb and fastboot (tools included in the zip file I've provided)
    • I also assume that you have the bootloader unlocked (some info at the end)
    • Once your phone is connected via USB to your PC, use the command "adb reboot bootloader" to set the phone into fastboot mode.
    • Then, with the file "twrp-kirin.img" on the console's directory run the command "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-kirin.img".
    • Finally, run "fastboot reboot"
    If everything went okay, a working TWRP should be installed. To enter it, first shutdown your phone. Then hold for near 10 seconds the power and volume up buttons simultaneously, after a while the TWRP screen will show up.

Once TWRP is ready, put the Magisk .apk and Magisk .zip into the external microSD. You will notice that the apk and zip versions are not the lastest; this is intended, as I have only got this version to work. Anyway, later on you can update them easily.
    Install Magisk:

• Enter TWRP and install Magisk.zip file.
    • Shutdown your phone and then hold power and volume up buttons as if you are entering TWRP menu. For some reason, this activates Magisk but from now on the access to TWRP is blocked somehow.
    • Once on the android system, with file manager go to SD card and install the Magiksk.apk
    • That's it! Magisk is installed, you can check root access with root checker or similar apps.
    If you want to update Magisk to last version, you should enter the Magisk manager app and click update app. For updating Magisk itself, select option "recovery" and then "Install directly", then you reboot your phone and that's all.

TWRP is still installed, but as Magisk is installed as well in recovery partition (this phone does not have Ramdisk partition), some conflict blocks TWRP from starting. If for any reason you need to start TWRP, you can uninstall Magisk from the app and then start TWRP with the "hold power and volume up buttons" way.

About unlocking bootloader, I've found a working method provided by DC-unlocker. You will need DCPhoenix and HCU programs and to spend a few bucks (in my case 19€) to get a 3 days license to use the programs. The link to the official web is

And they made two tutorials about the matter. If you follow every step carefully it will work:
    How to enable software testpoint (required before using HCU new features):
    How to unlock bootloader:

Hope that helped and good luck!