• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[guide]twrp recovery+root gt-p5200

Search This thread

Matrixians 14

Nov 21, 2015
Ha Noi
What's up, guys? So today i'm guiding you how to install TWRP 2.8.6.0 recovery and root on your GT-P5200 device. I'm very sorry for the delays of the download links, Squadron 3 is struggling with the bugs. But as i expected, it would be here for the next couple hours after this thread is posted. But before that, i'll head to the steps and requirements.
REQUIREMENTS
-Your device with more than 30% of battery charged
-A PC(Windows would be great)
-USB Cable
-Wi-Fi connection
-Your brain and riskiness that can drive your device to Cuckoo Clock City
Now that you have whatever those are up there and the files i will post soon enough, let's get REALLY started!
1.Open the USB drivers setup on your PC and install the drives.
2.Download the root file to your device, power it off and connect it to your PC via USB cable.
*Before the third step, make sure you've downloaded EVERY file except the root file to your PC:
-Drivers setup like in step 1
-Odin 3.07
-Recovery(.tar) file
3.Run Odin and boot your device into Download mode(Power+Volume Down)
4.(Odin)Uncheck "Auto Reboot" and click "PDA", then choose the .tar recovery file.
5.Click "Start" when there's a COM thing appears under the first big box
6.Wait until it says "PASS", then disconnect your device from your PC
7.Hold power button until the screen's completely dark.
8.Boot into recovery mode(Power+Volume Up)
9.After it is in the home recovery screen, choose "Install", then go to the folder where you put the root file in.
10.Choose the root file(Make sure you remember its name)
11.Swipe, wait for it to flash, then reboot your device(There'll be a reboot button after the flashing is done, so hit it to reboot your device)
12.Enjoy rooting! Download Root Checker to verify root access from SuperSU(will be automatically installed after flashing and rebooting)
Special thanks
Laguire Sien Tiamat
Matrixians Squadron 3
Kamensek Technology Labs
That Guy

AntoLoLLista

May 13, 2015
The file of recovery is invalid!
Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> TWRP-P5200.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...