[Guide] TWRP, Root and Gapps for Letv S1 Pro

Search This thread

hassib85

Apr 27, 2012
Chittagong
Hello guys. Recently I bought this Letv S1 Pro. Its a total beast with awesome looks. As its a Chinese device the playstore didn't come as built in. After some research in various chinese sites I have manged to install TWRP, Gapps and even root my device.
The Tutorial is described here.
http://bbs.letv.com/thread-643672-1.html
But its in chinese. So here I am going to share it for you.

Guide to install TWRP , Root and Gapps
1. At first go to developer option in your phone and tick "USB Debugging"
2. Then connect to your phone and install all the drivers which should be automatically installed. Check device manager whether your pc detected your phones adb or not. If not then you have to do some more works. At first download latest google usb drivers from here and extract.
http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#
Now from device manager in your pc right click on the unrecognized Adb interface and select update driver. Then locate the usb driver that you just downloaded and choose list of devices. Choose Android phone from the list of devices and install the drivers and reboot your pc. This will install the adb drivers.
3. Then download X800 TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0, SuperSU 2.52, and Letv google-new from the follwing liks
http://dstats.net/fwd/c0bgu (Credit goes to @MrRusch)
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-mgR2LkvkEtUWZQVXZVSVFScEU&usp=sharing
4. Copy SuperSu and Letv google-new to your phone
5. Extract X800 TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0 in you pc and then connect your phone to pc with USB debugging on
6. Launch the recovery batch file and press enter and follow the instruction. You may have to press enter again and again 2-3 times to complete the recovery flashing.
7. If all things goes well your phone should reboot to TWRP recovery.
8. Flash SuperSU and Letv google new via TWRP. You should flash any of these when you first boot in to TWRP otherwise you may end getting TWRP replaced by stock recovery. It's weird but this is how it works

Download debloated roms from here and enjoy
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/letv-x800-ruschrom-1-0-25e-t3224702 (Credit goes to @MrRusch)

Please press thanks if you like it.
I am not an expert, so pardon me if there any mistake.

Last edited:

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Did you buy it from oppomart? How do you like the build quality, Camera and battery life. etc..? Add some screenshots. :good:

hassib85

Apr 27, 2012
Chittagong
Dear, I bought it through my friend in china. The built quality is top notch. The phone feels a little heavy but the looks is killer. The camera is great. The images are sharp and have vivid colors. My only complain will be it's battery. You will only get about a day out of it. Hope it will be fixed with updates. Here are some screenshots.

Sent from my X800 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1436197861737.jpg
    1436197861737.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 12,284
  • 1436197887456.jpg
    1436197887456.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 12,332
  • 1436197913846.jpg
    1436197913846.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 12,132
  • 1436197927686.jpg
    1436197927686.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 11,570
  • 1436197938397.jpg
    1436197938397.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 10,782
Reactions: GUGUITOMTG4

RedFlagTR

Nov 23, 2013
Batman
Hello guys. Recently I bought this Letv S1 Pro. Its a total beast with awesome looks. As its a Chinese device the playstore didn't come as built in. After some research in various chinese sites I have manged to install TWRP, Gapps and even root my device.

To download official Rom of Letv S1 Pro go here
Stable Version
http://bbs.letv.com/thread-685487-1.html
Experimental Version
http://bbs.letv.com/thread-701714-1.html

2. Then connect to your phone and install all the drivers which should be automatically installed. Oh, one thing you pc should have the adb drivers installed. If you have already done some flashing activities with your pc then it should be already installed there so don't worry about that.
3. Then go to this link and download Update SuperSU 2.46, Letv Le1 TWRP recovery and Letv google-new
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0rUOuO#path=%252FLETV
5. Extract Letv Le1 TWRP recovery in you pc and then connect your phone to pc with USB debugging on
6. Launch the chinese recovery batch file and press enter. You may have to press enter again and again 2-3 times to complete the recovery flashing.
7. If all things goes well your phone should reboot to TWRP recovery. At first you will see a chinese TWRP welcome screen but don't worry. Just tap the big button at the middle.
8. Then in the second screen tap the first button which is basically the install button and flash SuperSU by swiping. After that go back and return to the main menu. Tap the last button which is basically the reboot button and in second screen tap the first button which basically reboot to system and voila you will have SuperSu installed.
9. Now go to your pc and download a TWRP theme from here
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/z31s1g/1440/TWRP%20287X_v1
10. Make a folder named "theme" and copy the downloaded theme from the upper link inside this folder and rename it to "ui"
11. Copy this theme folder in to the TWRP folder of your phone
12. Then again power off your phone and and go to recover by volume up + power button and voila you will have English TWRP.
13. Now again flash the Letv google-new and reboot and you will have playstore installed.

I do not download from baiudu. Please somewhere else would you upload?

Reactions: robiom and lasset

hassib85

Apr 27, 2012
Chittagong
My internet connection is **** here. Sorry cannot help. Ask if some other guy can do it.

Last edited:

hassib85

Apr 27, 2012
Chittagong
Yah great device. My only complain might be the battery. What did you do with your letv le1 x600.

vicstarman

Mar 12, 2010
Portland

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I have also bought Letv Le 1 Pro x800 and it is an awesome device. I have made a video review if you guys want to check it out before buying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZfjYK91OQ

Great review!
I also used your tutorial video to sideload Google services after factory resetting my x600. It came from oppomart with the Play Store already installed and Google launcher automatically running. But I've had a lot of issues with the phone so I did a reset and your tutorial was very helpful. Thank you so much! Very professional!

Sent from my VIVO AIR using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: TechlineHD

tebest2

Oct 13, 2010
London
Hi!

Was someone able to finish the tutorial ?
adb doesn't detect my device, the bat file can't do anything

I had already adb and fastboot configured in my PATH(available via the cmd) and they are updated.
USB Debugging was activated and I tried the 3 connections methods
- Media device (MTP)
- Camera(PTP)
- Charge only

Apparrently it is a problem related to the USB Driver:
uTs3iQ

hassib85, do you know if there's a usb driver provided by Letv ?

hassib85

Apr 27, 2012
Chittagong
Hi!

Was someone able to finish the tutorial ?
adb doesn't detect my device, the bat file can't do anything

I had already adb and fastboot configured in my PATH(available via the cmd) and they are updated.
USB Debugging was activated and I tried the 3 connections methods
- Media device (MTP)
- Camera(PTP)
- Charge only

Apparrently it is a problem related to the USB Driver:
uTs3iQ

hassib85, do you know if there's a usb driver provided by Letv ?
I don't know. I didn't install any drivers. My pc automatically detected my phone. One thing you need to allow adb from your pc in your phone. When you try the batch file a dialogue box should pop out i your phone that your pc trying to connect via adb, you need to allow that in you phone. If this also don't work try this, go to recovery in your phone while phone connected to pc. This also install some drivers. Just wait for the drivers to be installed and again restart your pc.

vicstarman

Mar 12, 2010
Portland
This tutorial worked perfectly. I'd add that you must remember to reboot your PC after installing all drivers and ADB drivers. I was held up for hours until I was like, "DUH!!". Then I side loaded TWRP in Chinese and used your guide and link to get the English theme. Voila!!

Meleor

Dec 11, 2012
No ADB drivers

Hello from France,

First I would like to thank you for your time, it is great to regroup some S1 pro owners.

Here is my version :

CURRENT : 5.0.2 5.0.002s stable 81s
I have several problems:
-some bloatware crashe
-can't root (with your tuto ) because I don't have ADB drivers
-I can't update to 5.0.003S via the update application, it fails I don't know why.

Hope I will fixe all these pb with your help.

Thank you very much guys :)

EDIT:
I have managed to install ADB drivers with this tutorial ( http://visualgdb.com/tutorials/android/usbdebug/manualinstall.php) so now the batch file recognize my phone but I can't access to the TWRP on step 7, I am stuck with the TUX pingouin and a black screen and when I press enter again, the cmd window is closing.

EDIT 2: It tooks me 1day but I have done everything ! If you have some questions I'll be available to answer from my experience

Last edited:

tebest2

Oct 13, 2010
London
Hello from France,

First I would like to thank you for your time, it is great to regroup some S1 pro owners.

Here is my version :

CURRENT : 5.0.2 5.0.002s stable 81s
I have several problems:
-some bloatware crashe
-can't root (with your tuto ) because I don't have ADB drivers
-I can't update to 5.0.003S via the update application, it fails I don't know why.

Hope I will fixe all these pb with your help.

Thank you very much guys :)

EDIT:
I have managed to install ADB drivers with this tutorial ( URL) so now the batch file recognize my phone but I can't access to the TWRP on step 7, I am stuck with the TUX pingouin and a black screen and when I press enter again, the cmd window is closing.

EDIT 2: It tooks me 1day but I have done everything ! If you have some questions I'll be available to answer from my experience

Hi Meleor,

I was also finally able to make the batch file work but same problem that you are describing...stuck at step 7 with the Tux Pinguin then if a press Enter and the window closes.
Could you please describe me what you did to make it work ? (je suis français aussi, merci d'avance pour ton aide!)

tebest2

Oct 13, 2010
London
Ok I was finally able to make it but i'm really not sure what was different, i did several reboots and changed several times the adb driver until having in the "Device Manager" window:
a component named "CMCC ADB Device" and then
as a sub-component, something named "CMCC Composite ADB Interface"
Then the batch finally worked.

Thanks a lot hassib85 for the translation!

Meleor

Dec 11, 2012
Ok I was finally able to make it but i'm really not sure what was different, i did several reboots and changed several times the adb driver until having in the "Device Manager" window:

Well I updated the android version manually and then I insisted and it worked ! It is great if it works for you mate.

What build are you ? I reached the 5.0.2 5.0.003s now and everything works fine for me.

gregou

Dec 20, 2006
Nantes
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Hi guys,

I just bought this morning the LeTV One Pro from Oppomart.com, i hope that everything is going to be fine about the shipping... My first question : Did you buy it from Oppomart as well ? And how long did it take to receive it in France ? (Je suis aussi français).

Can you make a writing review, just to tell us your impressions about camera, battery, EUI, if the Snapdragon 810 gets really warm ? How about the 4K or 1080p capture ? As i read on the web that it's in .3gp format ?!! :-/ How about the fact that the language is only in english ? I'm comfortable with this language but just wondering it it can be problematic in a daily use ? I hope that LeTV will release an update with multilanguages...

Also, what about 4G and 3G signal, as 800mhz is missing ? It was missing as well on my Huawei Mediapad X1 that i bought and imported from China but i never felt any trouble with 4G signal (I'm with Bouygues Telecom).

Anyway, any feedback from you guys would be really appreciate meanwhile i'm waiting my LeTV smartphone ;)

Last edited:

hassib85

Apr 27, 2012
Chittagong

I am happy that it worked for you.

Meleor

Dec 11, 2012
Hi guys,

I just bought this morning the LeTV One Pro from Oppomart.com, i hope that everything is going to be fine about the shipping... My first question : Did you buy it from Oppomart as well ? And how long did it take to receive it in France ? (Je suis aussi français).

Can you make a writing review, just to tell us your impressions about camera, battery, EUI, if the Snapdragon 810 gets really warm ? How about the 4K or 1080p capture ? As i read on the web that it's in .3gp format ?!! :-/ How about the fact that the language is only in english ? I'm comfortable with this language but just wondering it it can be problematic in a daily use ? I hope that LeTV will release an update with multilanguages...

Also, what about 4G and 3G signal, as 800mhz is missing ? It was missing as well on my Huawei Mediapad X1 that i bought and imported from China but i never felt any trouble with 4G signal (I'm with Bouygues Telecom).

Anyway, any feedback from you guys would be really appreciate meanwhile i'm waiting my LeTV smartphone ;)

Well, after 2 days of struggling hacks to have the right android version and implement the root i can say I am very happy with the phone.

Negative points: i have 3,6gb of ram not really 4gb; 4k camera is a little crappy but it will be improve with new version i guess; very warm phone with the snapdragon 810 heat problem; the EUI is adapted to chinese so i had to fl a launcher so it is now convenient;

I ordered it for 499euros on aliexpress and it came in 10 days with dhl express.

I will be happy to help you if needed

Reactions: cimoblas

gregou

Dec 20, 2006
Nantes
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Well, after 2 days of struggling hacks to have the right android version and implement the root i can say I am very happy with the phone.

Negative points: i have 3,6gb of ram not really 4gb; 4k camera is a little crappy but it will be improve with new version i guess; very warm phone with the snapdragon 810 heat problem; the EUI is adapted to chinese so i had to fl a launcher so it is now convenient;

I ordered it for 499euros on aliexpress and it came in 10 days with dhl express.

I will be happy to help you if needed

Thanks for your feedback. Finally i cancelled my order this morning, and i think i made the right choice when i read your negative points. The thing is it's their first smartphones, with snapdragon 810 sadly which is known for is warm/heat issues (i had the HTC One M9, i keep it one week and then i returned it), and i guess they have lot of things to learn about UI optimization, hardware, etc... Plus, i read online that chinese constructor are quite lame with update...

I was hesitating between LeTV 1 pro and LeTV MAX (but i think that LeTV MAX will be released in 8th august, but i saw on websites that it's already available so i'm quite confused :-/ ), i'll be following closely this thread of course and how their update fix all the issues that i've been reading on different forums (they're already fixed lot of issues).. But for the moment i'll stick with my Nexus 6 ;)

Deturk

Jun 16, 2013

To download official Rom of Letv S1 Pro go here
Stable Version
http://bbs.letv.com/thread-685487-1.html
Experimental Version
http://bbs.letv.com/thread-701714-1.html

2. Then connect to your phone and install all the drivers which should be automatically installed. Oh, one thing you pc should have the adb drivers installed. If you have already done some flashing activities with your pc then it should be already installed there so don't worry about that.
3. Then go to this link and download Update SuperSU 2.46, Letv Le1 TWRP recovery and Letv google-new
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0rUOuO#path=%252FLETV
5. Extract Letv Le1 TWRP recovery in you pc and then connect your phone to pc with USB debugging on
6. Launch the chinese recovery batch file and press enter. You may have to press enter again and again 2-3 times to complete the recovery flashing.
7. If all things goes well your phone should reboot to TWRP recovery. At first you will see a chinese TWRP welcome screen but don't worry. Just tap the big button at the middle.
8. Then in the second screen tap the first button which is basically the install button and flash SuperSU by swiping. After that go back and return to the main menu. Tap the last button which is basically the reboot button and in second screen tap the first button which basically reboot to system and voila you will have SuperSu installed.
9. Now go to your pc and download a TWRP theme from here
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/z31s1g/1440/TWRP%20287X_v1
10. Make a folder named "theme" and copy the downloaded theme from the upper link inside this folder and rename it to "ui"
11. Copy this theme folder in to the TWRP folder of your phone
12. Then again power off your phone and and go to recover by volume up + power button and voila you will have English TWRP.
13. Now again flash the Letv google-new and reboot and you will have playstore installed.

I'm trying to change the TWRP in to english but it doesn't work
I made a folder and named it theme, then I made a new folder inside the theme folder named it ui and then extract the file which i grap from here: https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/z31s1g/1440/TWRP%20287X_v1"]https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/z31s1g/1440/TWRP%20287X_v1
but the twrp menu is still in Chinese, what am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. Then connect to your phone and install all the drivers which should be automatically installed. Check device manager whether your pc detected your phones adb or not. If not then you have to do some more works. At first download latest google usb drivers from here and extract.
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html#
    Now from device manager in your pc right click on the unrecognized Adb interface and select update driver. Then locate the usb driver that you just downloaded and choose list of devices. Choose Android phone from the list of devices and install the drivers and reboot your pc. This will install the adb drivers.
    3. Then download X800 TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0, SuperSU 2.52, and Letv google-new from the follwing liks
    http://dstats.net/fwd/c0bgu (Credit goes to @MrRusch)
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-mgR2LkvkEtUWZQVXZVSVFScEU&usp=sharing
    5. Extract X800 TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0 in you pc and then connect your phone to pc with USB debugging on
    6. Launch the recovery batch file and press enter and follow the instruction. You may have to press enter again and again 2-3 times to complete the recovery flashing.
    7. If all things goes well your phone should reboot to TWRP recovery.
    8. Flash SuperSU and Letv google new via TWRP. You should flash any of these when you first boot in to TWRP otherwise you may end getting TWRP replaced by stock recovery. It's weird but this is how it works

Download debloated roms from here and enjoy
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/letv-x800-ruschrom-1-0-25e-t3224702 (Credit goes to @MrRusch)

The 21E update have double tap wake up feature. To enable dial *#*#46360000#*#*. You will see a setting where you can enable the feature. Status bar network speed monitor also added under settings-cellular network. CDMA network also added. To enable dial *#*#9439#*#*. Enjoy...

Sent from my Le 1 Pro using XDA Forums
    Okay I'm at my wits end with this LeTV One Pro

1st of all it came with the google play store, which is awesome. However all this bloatware and things I cant remove are annoying and getting in the way of the user experience to the point I find myself clearing things every time I look at the screen.

I just want to root so I can remove bloatware.

1) The OP's downloads are gone. so no luck there
    2) Someone mentioned it to be on LeTV's blog, however the downloads have been removed from there as well
    3) Someone mentinoed they found it on the Italian website androidiani, but you have to be a member and I still couldnt locate anything
    4) people mentioned they were able to root with RootKing.....I tried both the mobile app several times and the desktop version 4 times (all failed)

Does anyone have a link to the files mentioned in the OP?

I just want to root to get rid of this bloatware.

I OTA updated right out of the box 5.0.006S(stable) running Android 5.02.

Please help:mad:

It isnt that hard, just enable USB debugging on your device, connect it to your pc and run the install over adb file in the recovery folder. To root, copy the supersu.zip to your sd card and flash it in the recovery. After that you can remove bloatware etc using titanium backup or an app like that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BydHskx25EciclJiNzFyV0JibHM/view?usp=sharing -> supersu
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BydHskx25Eciak5jYndDSUFKTlU/view?usp=sharing -> recovery
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BydHskx25EcibE5fSk5IVEcwakU/view?usp=sharing -> gapps (flashable, no problems with contact synchronization)
    I've cooked a 25E-based ROM - rooted, debloated, and some modifications - check it out over here.
    Some new custom roms for X800 from Letv forum via a below link, anyone who can see the direct link to download rom, please share. I have an account from Letv forum but I cannot reply to see the link (Letv forum doesn't support oversea users).
    http://bbs.letv.com/thread-958330-1.html
    http://bbs.letv.com/thread-958193-1.html
    http://bbs.letv.com/thread-960130-1.html
    http://bbs.letv.com/thread-960329-1.html