• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE] [TWRP] [Root] How to install TWRP and ROOT on a20s (SM-A207F)

Search This thread

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] Have a Linux distro installed on your pc
[+] A Brain
[+] An A20s and a USB cable

Initial steps:

[+] Unlock the phone's bootloader (won't teach you how since it's the easiest part)
[+] Download
GSI from your pc make sure to download system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz [Note: This is pre-rooted GSI]
[+]
Extract it on a folder (make sure to have everything organized)
[+]
Download heimdall_flash_file.zip and extract in the same folder
[+] Install heimdall through terminal (sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash -y)

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Reboot your phone into download mode (turn off, hold both volume keys and insert a usb cable already connected to your pc)
[+] Install Heimdall sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash

[+] Open terminal and go to the files folder
[+]
Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img " (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)
[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img --VBMETA avbnull.img" (without "") Then boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset (to boot into stock recovery unplug your cable and hold both volume+ and power buttons)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Boot your phone into system and do the initial setup (don't restore any apps or data, only your google account) and download "Termux" apk and install it
[+] Download
TWRP file on your phone , make sure it's inside your "downloads" folder and rename to recovery.img
[+] Enter termux and type "su" (without "")
[+] Write "dd if=/sdcard/Downloads/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery" (without "") if twrp image isn't in your downloads folder it will fail so make sure it's there
[+] Turn off the phone and boot into twrp, on your pc download
Mutidisable
[+] On twrp wipe Data, Dalvik/ART, Cache and Internal storage, then FORMAT data, reboot to twrp
[+] Move "Multidisabler" from your pc to your phone's internal storage
[+] Flash "Multidisabler" on twrp then do the same wipes as before then reboot.

[ It's not the best guide so if you have any questions please ask. ]

Note: Adb Not Working and if its works on your device then fu*k with adb because this no use of adb on this a20s

Last edited:

Problem after installing gsi:

[!] Google play: This device isn't play protect certified

How to fix it

1. Find Device ID:
- Download Device ID by Evozi
+ Link (APK): here (https://evozi-deviceid.en.uptodown.com/android)
+ Open Device ID
2. Copy GSF (Google Service Framework) ID
3. Register your device here (http://www.google.com/android/uncertified)
4. Reboot and wait a minute
5. Clear Google Play Store data
6. Done

I pick this from my TrebleExperience's group, maybe will fix.
[Modified]

Last edited:

Slim K

May 16, 2015
HTC One (M8)
Sony Xperia Z5
Hi. Thanks for the instructions.
Can I trouble you in providing those TWRP recovery.img and the multidisabler.zip files here on xda?
I do not have a Telegram account nor do I intend to sign-up for that. If you can't, then that's okay. :whistle:

RealVelosh

May 6, 2021
Piauí, Brazil

1. Find Device ID:
+ Link (Google Play Store): here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evozi.deviceid)
- ADB Method:
+ adb root, then adb shell, press enter, and at the new prompt, inside adb shell, do sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db 'select * from main where name = "android_id";'
6. Done

Reactions: Slim K
1. Find Device ID:
+ Link (Google Play Store): here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evozi.deviceid)
- ADB Method:
+ adb root, then adb shell, press enter, and at the new prompt, inside adb shell, do sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db 'select * from main where name = "android_id";'
6. Done

Adb will not work on this gsi [Not working on my DEVICE] and play store also [After fixing this problem it will work] so you have to install DEVICE ID apk to fix play store problem

Fristover

Oct 9, 2020

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] A Brain

Initial steps:

[+] Unlock the phone's bootloader (won't teach you how since it's the easiest part)
[+] Download
GSI from your pc make sure to download system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz [Note: This is pre-rooted GSI]
[+]
[+]

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Reboot your phone into download mode (turn off, hold both volume keys and insert a usb cable already connected to your pc)
[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img --VENDOR vndnull.img" (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)
[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img --VBMETA avbnull.img" (without "") Then boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset (to boot into stock recovery unplug your cable and hold both volume+ and power buttons)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Boot your phone into system and do the initial setup (don't restore any apps or data, only your google account) and download "Termux" apk and install it
[+] Download
TWRP file on your phone , make sure it's inside your "downloads" folder and rename to recovery.img
[+] Write "dd if=/sdcard/Downloads/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery" (without "") if twrp image isn't in your downloads folder it will fail so make sure it's there
Mutidisable
[+] On twrp wipe Data, Dalvik/ART, Cache and Internal storage, then FORMAT data, reboot to twrp

I'll add 2 things to this:
1.- after flashing twrp you won't be able to set a screen lock method
2.- this twrp is NOT a way to get magisk so don't flash it, you'll end up with a soft brick

Reactions: Hex_101

Echtar

Mar 8, 2014
I tried 2 times but after flashing second line " heimdall flash --SYSTEM system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img --VBMETA avbnull.img " and it finished flashing my device reboot automatically to download mode when i goto recovery and wipe data and cache and reboot its gose to download agine and cant goto setup menu to complete the steps ( install twrp etc )

Idont know what i did wrong !!

Using virtualbox 6.1 kali linux
Device : Samsung a20s sm-a207f/ds
Android 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] A Brain

Initial steps:

[+] Download
    [+]
    [+]

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Install Heimdall sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash

[+]
    Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img " (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Download
    Mutidisable

Note: Adb Not Working and if its works on your device then fu*k with adb because this no use of adb on this a20s

Hi. Thanks for the instructions.
    Can I trouble you in providing those TWRP recovery.img and the multidisabler.zip files here on xda?
    I do not have a Telegram account nor do I intend to sign-up for that. If you can't, then that's okay. :whistle:

Links are now Updated

1. Find Device ID:
    - ADB Method:
    6. Done

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] A Brain

Initial steps:

[+] Download
    [+]
    [+]

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img --VENDOR vndnull.img" (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Download
    Mutidisable

I'll add 2 things to this:
    1.- after flashing twrp you won't be able to set a screen lock method
    2.- this twrp is NOT a way to get magisk so don't flash it, you'll end up with a soft brick