• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] [TWRP] [Root] How to install TWRP and ROOT on a20s (SM-A207F)

Search This thread

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] Have a Linux distro installed on your pc
[+] A Brain
[+] An A20s and a USB cable

Initial steps:

[+] Unlock the phone's bootloader (won't teach you how since it's the easiest part)
[+] Download
GSI from your pc make sure to download system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz [Note: This is pre-rooted GSI]
[+]
Extract it on a folder (make sure to have everything organized)
[+]
Download heimdall_flash_file.zip and extract in the same folder
[+] Install heimdall through terminal (sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash -y)

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Reboot your phone into download mode (turn off, hold both volume keys and insert a usb cable already connected to your pc)
[+] Install Heimdall sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash

[+] Open terminal and go to the files folder
[+]
Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img " (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)
[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img --VBMETA avbnull.img" (without "") Then boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset (to boot into stock recovery unplug your cable and hold both volume+ and power buttons)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Boot your phone into system and do the initial setup (don't restore any apps or data, only your google account) and download "Termux" apk and install it
[+] Download
TWRP file on your phone , make sure it's inside your "downloads" folder and rename to recovery.img
[+] Enter termux and type "su" (without "")
[+] Write "dd if=/sdcard/Downloads/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery" (without "") if twrp image isn't in your downloads folder it will fail so make sure it's there
[+] Turn off the phone and boot into twrp, on your pc download
Mutidisable
[+] On twrp wipe Data, Dalvik/ART, Cache and Internal storage, then FORMAT data, reboot to twrp
[+] Move "Multidisabler" from your pc to your phone's internal storage
[+] Flash "Multidisabler" on twrp then do the same wipes as before then reboot.

[ It's not the best guide so if you have any questions please ask. ]

Note: Adb Not Working and if its works on your device then fu*k with adb because this no use of adb on this a20s

Last edited:

Problem after installing gsi:

[!] Google play: This device isn't play protect certified

How to fix it

1. Find Device ID:
- Download Device ID by Evozi
+ Link (APK): here (https://evozi-deviceid.en.uptodown.com/android)
+ Open Device ID
2. Copy GSF (Google Service Framework) ID
3. Register your device here (http://www.google.com/android/uncertified)
4. Reboot and wait a minute
5. Clear Google Play Store data
6. Done

I pick this from my TrebleExperience's group, maybe will fix.
[Modified]

Last edited:

Slim K

May 16, 2015
HTC One (M8)
Sony Xperia Z5
Hi. Thanks for the instructions.
Can I trouble you in providing those TWRP recovery.img and the multidisabler.zip files here on xda?
I do not have a Telegram account nor do I intend to sign-up for that. If you can't, then that's okay. :whistle:

RealVelosh

May 6, 2021
Piauí, Brazil

1. Find Device ID:
+ Link (Google Play Store): here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evozi.deviceid)
- ADB Method:
+ adb root, then adb shell, press enter, and at the new prompt, inside adb shell, do sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db 'select * from main where name = "android_id";'
6. Done

Reactions: Slim K
1. Find Device ID:
+ Link (Google Play Store): here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evozi.deviceid)
- ADB Method:
+ adb root, then adb shell, press enter, and at the new prompt, inside adb shell, do sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db 'select * from main where name = "android_id";'
6. Done

Adb will not work on this gsi [Not working on my DEVICE] and play store also [After fixing this problem it will work] so you have to install DEVICE ID apk to fix play store problem

Fristover

Oct 9, 2020

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] A Brain

Initial steps:

[+] Unlock the phone's bootloader (won't teach you how since it's the easiest part)
[+] Download
GSI from your pc make sure to download system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img.xz [Note: This is pre-rooted GSI]
[+]
[+]

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Reboot your phone into download mode (turn off, hold both volume keys and insert a usb cable already connected to your pc)
[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img --VENDOR vndnull.img" (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)
[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img --VBMETA avbnull.img" (without "") Then boot into stock recovery and do a factory reset (to boot into stock recovery unplug your cable and hold both volume+ and power buttons)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Boot your phone into system and do the initial setup (don't restore any apps or data, only your google account) and download "Termux" apk and install it
[+] Download
TWRP file on your phone , make sure it's inside your "downloads" folder and rename to recovery.img
[+] Write "dd if=/sdcard/Downloads/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery" (without "") if twrp image isn't in your downloads folder it will fail so make sure it's there
Mutidisable
[+] On twrp wipe Data, Dalvik/ART, Cache and Internal storage, then FORMAT data, reboot to twrp

I'll add 2 things to this:
1.- after flashing twrp you won't be able to set a screen lock method
2.- this twrp is NOT a way to get magisk so don't flash it, you'll end up with a soft brick

Reactions: Hex_101

Echtar

Mar 8, 2014
I tried 2 times but after flashing second line " heimdall flash --SYSTEM system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-gapps.img --VBMETA avbnull.img " and it finished flashing my device reboot automatically to download mode when i goto recovery and wipe data and cache and reboot its gose to download agine and cant goto setup menu to complete the steps ( install twrp etc )

Idont know what i did wrong !!

Using virtualbox 6.1 kali linux
Device : Samsung a20s sm-a207f/ds
Android 10

TheAirBlow

May 7, 2021
The image you suggest to download is not in sparse format, which is wrong according to AOSP Source.
Also, flashing GSI is not recommended, because it is not device-specific and many features may not work (like ADB for our case)
So, this guide is technically incorrect and may get people false hope of root on Galaxy A20s.
Anything we can try is flashing custom recovery. Nothing more at the moment, sadly.
Even getting TWRP on this is hard. Blame Samsung for a broken bootloader, beacuse it should not check partitions when disable VBMETA is flashed and bootloader is unlocked.

The image you suggest to download is not in sparse format, which is wrong according to AOSP Source.
Also, flashing GSI is not recommended, because it is not device-specific and many features may not work (like ADB for our case)
So, this guide is technically incorrect and may get people false hope of root on Galaxy A20s.
Anything we can try is flashing custom recovery. Nothing more at the moment, sadly.
Even getting TWRP on this is hard. Blame Samsung for a broken bootloader, beacuse it should not check partitions when disable VBMETA is flashed and bootloader is unlocked.
for now this is only method
BTW a20s community/developers tried every thing and we are stilling trying

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] A Brain

Initial steps:

[+] Download
    [+]
    [+]

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Install Heimdall sudo apt-get install heimdall-flash

[+]
    Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img " (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Download
    Mutidisable

Note: Adb Not Working and if its works on your device then fu*k with adb because this no use of adb on this a20s

Hi. Thanks for the instructions.
    Can I trouble you in providing those TWRP recovery.img and the multidisabler.zip files here on xda?
    I do not have a Telegram account nor do I intend to sign-up for that. If you can't, then that's okay. :whistle:

Links are now Updated

1. Find Device ID:
    - ADB Method:
    6. Done

HEX_101

Requirements:

[+] A Brain

Initial steps:

[+] Download
    [+]
    [+]

Flashing a GSI:

[+] Write "heimdall flash --SYSTEM sysnull.img --VENDOR vndnull.img" (without ""), phone will reboot, go into download mode again (If it doesn't boot to download mode boot it manually)

Flashing TWRP:

[+] Download
    Mutidisable

I'll add 2 things to this:
    1.- after flashing twrp you won't be able to set a screen lock method
    2.- this twrp is NOT a way to get magisk so don't flash it, you'll end up with a soft brick