- Nov 30, 2017
[B]NOTE : [/B]PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. Guide tested successfully to flash [U]Stock WW-15.2016.1810.334[/U] on primary device. Also I will try to help out in case of issues.
- Unbrick your device
- Flash Stock Rom
- Remove TWRP / flash stock recovery
- Lock the bootloader
- Enable OTA ( if you have unlocked using Asus official bootloader unlock tool then you will not get OTA )
- Fastboot Firmware :
WW-15.2016.1810.334 AFH (md5 : fd39c734cbe2722c0cea02f09cba528e) OR
WW-15.2016.1810.337 AndroidHost (md5 : 84197c90f2c913f5cd18dd06b9d82c4b)
- Updates : Latest Update (Optional for all, mandatory only if you have UNLOCKED officially)
- Charge your device to more than 50%.
- Remove all password protections - select SWIPE to unlock.
- Create a new folder which does not have any spaces in folder name as well as folder path.
- Download Fastboot Firmware and Drivers to above folder & extract both zips which will give you 2 new folders .. one for each.
- Connect device to Computer and Install drivers based on your system. [ General process, go to windows Device manager --> Select Android device --> right click and select update driver --> browse to base path where the drivers are extracted and select it .. wait for windows to finish and show success message. ]
- Enable USB debugging. Connect device to PC and open shell in ADB. Type adb devices it should list your phone.
You should be able to see results just like below before you proceed,
- Boot into fastboot mode & connect to PC. [ For fastboot mode, turn the device off then Press power+Volume Up until you see Asus logo OR use command adb reboot bootloader as shown in above screenshot. ]
- Open firmware folder and click on flashall_AFT.cmd & wait for the device to restart on its own. Takes about 5 min so be patient.
- Setup your device.
- You will have System update notification after that. Install OTA and enjoy.
You can download the recovery firmware from above links and put it in Internal Storage (DO NOT keep it inside any folder.).
You will get system update file detected message. Click on it to update.
- If you want to uninstall few of the stock apps without ROOT access then refer to my other post HERE.