• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE][UNBRICK] How unbrick your bootloop in MERLIN after flashing TWRP (Xiaomi Redmi 10X 4G / Xiaomi Redmi Note 9)

Search This thread

Dan984

May 29, 2021
I wanted to, but since I cannot even reboot it in fastboot mode, nothing detects the phone, neither ADB, nor Mi Flash Tool, nor SP Flash Tool...
The only thing I can do at the moment is to wait for the phone to exhaust its battery while rebooting over and over again, hopefully at that point I will be able to at least boot it in fastboot mode, but it may take some time considering the long battery life of the phone, so I wanted to see whether there was something else that I could try.
I know it is the misc.bin file that is messing everything up, the first time around I just loaded the twrp image without it and it simply didn't work, then I tried again with a different tutorial that I found, that that bricked it...

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I wanted to, but since I cannot even reboot it in fastboot mode, nothing detects the phone, neither ADB, nor Mi Flash Tool, nor SP Flash Tool...
The only thing I can do at the moment is to wait for the phone to exhaust its battery while rebooting over and over again, hopefully at that point I will be able to at least boot it in fastboot mode, but it may take some time considering the long battery life of the phone, so I wanted to see whether there was something else that I could try.
I know it is the misc.bin file that is messing everything up, the first time around I just loaded the twrp image without it and it simply didn't work, then I tried again with a different tutorial that I found, that that bricked it...
You can flash using the sp flash tool.
Just try.
Good luck.

Reactions: RN9_G85

Dan984

May 29, 2021
I tried, but with no success.
I finally found a way to turn the phone off (by pressing volume up + volume down + power button all together when the REDMI logo appears, and then releasing only volume up and down once the logo disappear, the phone reboots one final time and then it finally goes off), but the moment it gets connected to a power source it starts rebooting continuously again.
So I tried that procedure once again after I prepped SP Flash Tool, and at that point it does detect the phone but in EDL mode (I get the STATUS_SEC_AUTH_FILE error). I tried to bypass the authorization step as you detailed in another post, but unfortunately since the phone gets into EDL mode for not even a second, the filter wizard does not have enough time to do the installation.
I read online that there is a physical way to access the EDL mode, which require opening up the phone and kinda short circuit some point, but I am no expert on that matter, plus I cannot open up the phone without the proper tools... So, in conclusion, I think I need to bring it to a tech repair shop.
Nothing physical is broken or burnt, so I wanna believe that it is still salvageable... 🤞

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I finally found a way to turn the phone off (by pressing volume up + volume down + power button all together when the REDMI logo appears, and then releasing only volume up and down once the logo disappear, the phone reboots one final time and then it finally goes off), but the moment it gets connected to a power source it starts rebooting continuously again.
So I tried that procedure once again after I prepped SP Flash Tool, and at that point it does detect the phone but in EDL mode (I get the STATUS_SEC_AUTH_FILE error). I tried to bypass the authorization step as you detailed in another post, but unfortunately since the phone gets into EDL mode for not even a second, the filter wizard does not have enough time to do the installation.
I read online that there is a physical way to access the EDL mode, which require opening up the phone and kinda short circuit some point, but I am no expert on that matter, plus I cannot open up the phone without the proper tools... So, in conclusion, I think I need to bring it to a tech repair shop.
Nothing physical is broken or burnt, so I wanna believe that it is still salvageable... 🤞
Here, you can find the guide to how properly use the sp flash tool:

Reactions: RN9_G85

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you try to flash the file misc.bin your device can be in bootloop forever, please follow this guide to fix it.

It works with:
    - Xiaomi Redmi 10X 4G
    - Xiaomi Redmi Note 9

Method 1:

Once your device is on the black screen, plug it on USB (try USB3.0 first).

And then check if it is detected in adb recovery mode:
    Code:
    adb devices

If you can see your device in adb recovery mode, you have to erase misc partition:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2

After it is done, you can reboot your device to system or fastboot again.

Keep atention, if you execute this command wrong, you will ERASE any other partition and it can brick your device forever and cause more damages.

Method 2:

Once your device is on the black screen, plug it on USB (try USB3.0 first).

And then check if it is detected in adb recovery mode:
    Code:
    adb devices

And then reboot to bootloader:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

And then check if it is detected in fastboot mode:
    Code:
    fastboot devices

If you can see your device in fastboot mode, you have to erase misc partition:
    Code:
    fastboot erase misc

Keep attention, if you try to format misc partition, you will get this error: Formatting is not supported for file system with type 'raw data'.

After it is done, you can reboot your device to system or fastboot again.

Keep atention, if you execute this command wrong, you will ERASE any other partition and it can brick your device forever and cause more damages.

Good luck !

:unsure: Do you need help with your MERLIN device ?
    Read this FAQ: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-10x-4g-redmi-note-9.4225177/
    I think I should change to another computer. My problem is the same. it took me 10 dollas to reload the firmware using the UFI box. And now I can freely load other firmware. I will not format all the partitions anymore. That makes my device brick.
    You do NOT need to pay for doing anything to MERLIN devices.
    You can do everything by yourself.
    NEVER flash using the "format all" mode, it will clear the identification of your devices, like IMEI and MAC.
    how can i go to adb recovery mode ? plss help me T_T
    Can you enter in fastboot?
    Can you enter in recovery?
    What is the MIUI version?
    Can you enter in fastboot?
    Can you enter in recovery?
    What is the MIUI version?
    I already fix it thanks to your tutorial ☺️☺️
    is there any method to install twrp on 12.0.6 Miui very ?
    Here, you can find the guide to how properly use the sp flash tool: