[GUIDE] Unbrick Realme 7 5g / Any mediatek Realme.

Search This thread

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
Locking bootloader at this state using mtkclient will work?

In depth test was not working for me as I have incorrect region of device. To use it I will have to change region to IN but it is not possible in A11 RUI2.0 (dialing codes does not work). The only way is downgrade to A10 RUI1.0. That is why I tried mtk-client.

andyboi123

Sep 26, 2021
Locking bootloader at this state using mtkclient will work?

In depth test was not working for me as I have incorrect region of device. To use it I will have to change region to IN but it is not possible in A11 RUI2.0 (dialing codes does not work). The only way is downgrade to A10 RUI1.0. That is why I tried mtk-client.
I am not even from India and this works, au region for me... The only way to get rid of DM-verity is to get to fastboot, which idk how U can't access

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
In depth test gives me "Your device is not supported".
Maybe your region is supported by IDT. EU in general is not supported.

I will try again. If not I will downgrade to A10.

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
And one more question.
Some tutorials for unbricking/downgrading (generally for flashing full firmware) say that one should untick following partitions:
opporeserve2
cdt-engineering
mycustom
special-preload
userdata
super

Is it necessary or these partitions just does not affect uploding full firmware and sometimes is required when error occurs?

andyboi123

Sep 26, 2021
And one more question.
Some tutorials for unbricking/downgrading (generally for flashing full firmware) say that one should untick following partitions:
opporeserve2
cdt-engineering
mycustom
special-preload
userdata
super

Is it necessary or these partitions just does not affect uploding full firmware and sometimes is required when error occurs?
I recommend flashing all of them, but if your BL is locked U need to untick opporeserve. I suggest you flash the rest

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
Ok. Bootloader unlocked with In depth test.
But now I'm stucked on Android 10. RMX2111_11_A.32 and no updates available (tried with vpn also). And I cannot find any OTA firmwares to download.
Any solution?

andyboi123

Sep 26, 2021

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
Cannot be installed. Propably I cannot update RMX2111EU (europe) with RMX2111PU (Brazil).
edit: uptade was possible in recovery mode not via file manager. A35 installed but still cannot update to android 11 ;)
I have found stock RMX2111GDPR_11_C.09_2022011518240000.zip so I will try to flash full firmware.

But now I have another problem.

I cannot connect with Modem Meta. All drivers installed.
When trying to connect without pressing any buttons, Modem Meta stuck on boot. The phone shows charging screen and no Ports in device manager is found.
When trying to connect with volup+voldown. First Mediatek USB port is found. Modem Meta passes boot stage. Then Modem Meta stuck on kernel mode. When I release buttons, Preloader VCOM port is found and the phone is displaying coloured screens (red, yellow, blue). Same as in this video. Modem Meta show error cannot find Meta com driver.

How to boot in meta mode and force Modem Meta to work?

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Cannot be installed. Propably I cannot update RMX2111EU (europe) with RMX2111PU (Brazil).
edit: uptade was possible in recovery mode not via file manager. A35 installed but still cannot update to android 11 ;)
I have found stock RMX2111GDPR_11_C.09_2022011518240000.zip so I will try to flash full firmware.

But now I have another problem.

I cannot connect with Modem Meta. All drivers installed.
When trying to connect without pressing any buttons, Modem Meta stuck on boot. The phone shows charging screen and no Ports in device manager is found.
When trying to connect with volup+voldown. First Mediatek USB port is found. Modem Meta passes boot stage. Then Modem Meta stuck on kernel mode. When I release buttons, Preloader VCOM port is found and the phone is displaying coloured screens (red, yellow, blue). Same as in this video. Modem Meta show error cannot find Meta com driver.

How to boot in meta mode and force Modem Meta to work?
You don't need Meta mode to flash a stock ROM, Modem Meta is a tool to write the IMEI, you need to enter to BROM mode instead, you should follow a tutorial like this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...india-6s-using-spflash-tool-for-free.4222027/

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
You don't need Meta mode to flash a stock ROM, Modem Meta is a tool to write the IMEI, you need to enter to BROM mode instead, you should follow a tutorial like this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...india-6s-using-spflash-tool-for-free.4222027/
I know how to flash firmware.

But I have to also get access to write IMEI. I need to restore it. I have no any backup. Only labels on phone box.

I tried to read nvram but I cannot find any imei stored explicitly.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I know how to flash firmware.

But I have to also get access to write IMEI. I need to restore it. I have no any backup. Only labels on phone box.

I tried to read nvram but I cannot find any imei stored explicitly.
Ok, It wasn´t clearly which the goal was, anyway, what steps did you try to enter to Meta mode? Also, did you have available fastboot or recovery?

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
Yes, I have fastboot and recovery mode available.

To enter meta mode I used MtkMetaUtility. It reads meta info and shows that meta mode is active. Preloader com port is found and the phone displays coloured screens. To boot to meta I need to press volUp+volDwn and connect cable.

Connecting without pressing buttons does not work.

The same for Modem Meta. I have to press all buttons than the programs complete boot stage. The phone start displaying coloured screens. But the program is stucked in kernel stage and after a while shows meta com driver port not found.

I have also tried to enter meta mode via mtkmeta utility and then connect with modem meta. It doesn't work. But I think it is obvious because modem meta requires power on and boot stage.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Yes, I have fastboot and recovery mode available.

To enter meta mode I used MtkMetaUtility. It reads meta info and shows that meta mode is active. Preloader com port is found and the phone displays coloured screens. To boot to meta I need to press volUp+volDwn and connect cable.

Connecting without pressing buttons does not work.

The same for Modem Meta. I have to press all buttons than the programs complete boot stage. The phone start displaying coloured screens. But the program is stucked in kernel stage and after a while shows meta com driver port not found.

I have also tried to enter meta mode via mtkmeta utility and then connect with modem meta. It doesn't work. But I think it is obvious because modem meta requires power on and boot stage.
There are some confusing points here that, either need a clarification or is just a typo or just me not understanding, you are saying first "To boot to meta I need to press volUp+vo..." and then "The same for Modem Meta..." But it results that both, meta mode and Modem Meta (how it's called the tool) refer to meta mode.

Across the boot stage process, the device doesn't need to power on.

From my experience, I have Realme 7, Modem Meta detected the device without pressing a button while in RUI1, and by pressing both volume buttons, while in RUI2, this is because of the kernel.

You have here two options, basically, to get the tool running and detecting the device, if you connect your device power off, you have to choose the option Smartphone, and if you, successfully, sent your device to meta mode, then you have to check the option more DUT in meta mode, the process has to be very quick, also check USB (if you don't have an UART cable) and check exactly the port where your device is attached, in my case it didn't work auto connection. Modem Meta v10.2044 was the tool that worked for me, for almost all the process.

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
Ok. I will explain step by step what am I doing and what is the result.

RMX2111_11_A.35PU, unlocked bootloader via In depth test and rooted.
All required mtk drivers installed, libusb installed and com port filtered, UsbDk installed.

Drivers seems to be correctly installed. I was able to flash full firmware in brom mode. Mtkclient was able to bypass authentication.

1. Modem Meta v10.2044.0.2
Settings: smartphone, usb

a) Press connect -> plug usb cable without pressing any buttons -> phone turns on -> shows orange state warning -> then boots and shows charge screen -> Hid compilamt device is found in devicemanager -> modem meta get stuck on boot stage

b) Press connect -> plug usb cable with VolUP+VolDN -> phone turns on -> modem meta passes boot stage -> Mtk USB Port is found -> if buttons are still pressed, this device is repeatedly mounted/unmounted -> release Vol buttons -> shows orange state warning -> Mtk Preloader VCOM Port is found -> then boots and coloured screen are shown (red, blue, yellow) -> modem meta get stuck on get kernel port stage and shows error: cannot find meta usb com port (see file attached). I attach logs for this session.

2, MaUi Meta v10.1816.0.1
Settings: smartphone, usb

a) Press connect -> plug usb cable without pressing any buttons -> phone turns on -> shows orange state warning -> then boots and shows charge screen -> Hid compilamt device is found in devicemanager -> maui meta get stuck on boot stage

b) Press connect -> plug usb cable with VolUP+VolDN -> Mtk USB Port is found -> maui meta still in boot stage ->if buttons are still pressed, this device is permanently mounted -> release Vol buttons -> phone boot normally to system -> maui meta still in boot stage

3. MTK Meta Utility v37

a) read meta info -> plug usb cable without pressing any buttons -> phone turns on -> shows orange state warning -> then boots and shows charge screen -> Hid compilamt device is found in devicemanager -> mtkmetautility still waiting for device

b) read meta info -> plug usb cable with VolUP+VolDN -> Mtk USB Port is found -> utility found the device and reboots to meta mode -> utility is waiting for meta mode device -> buttons are released -> Mtk Preloader VCOM Port is found -> utility read merta info (see file attached)

c) the same procedure as for b) I can apply for reboot meta -> the phone boots into meta mode and shows coloured screens

Why Modem Meta or MaUi Meta do not work? MTKMetaUtility proves that the phone correctly boots into meta mode. Should I install some specific drivers?

Attachments

• mm_brom.jpg
    mm_brom.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 7
  • mtkmetautil.jpg
    mtkmetautil.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 7
  • meta_conn.log
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
  • META_DLL.log
    22.4 KB · Views: 0
  • META_TOOL.log
    9.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Maui Meta never worked at all but as per Modem Meta, you have to send device to meta mode, and then you have to check the option more DUT in meta mode, the process has to be very quick, also check USB (if you don't have an UART cable) and instead of Auto connection, check exactly the port COM where your device is attached,

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
Ok, DUT in meta mode works. The device is connected with warning, see attached file. I have no idea if this may affect imei write.

But now I have no idea how to find nvram database in stock firmware. DB from targe does not work. have no folder like system\etc\mddb.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
I have found where db is stored. Using MTKMetaUtility -> Dump Modem Database (meta) it gives the path:
/data/vendor_de/meta/mddb
I found there:
MDDB.META.ODB_MT6853_S00_MOLY_NR15_R3_TC16_PR1_SP_V3_P54.XML
MDDB.META.ODB_MT6853_S00_MOLY_NR15_R3_TC16_PR1_SP_V3_P54.XML.GZ

Modem meta failed to load this DB. How to fix it?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I have found where db is stored. Using MTKMetaUtility -> Dump Modem Database (meta) it gives the path:
/data/vendor_de/meta/mddb
I found there:
MDDB.META.ODB_MT6853_S00_MOLY_NR15_R3_TC16_PR1_SP_V3_P54.XML
MDDB.META.ODB_MT6853_S00_MOLY_NR15_R3_TC16_PR1_SP_V3_P54.XML.GZ

Modem meta failed to load this DB. How to fix it?
I assume that this partition is write, not read protected but...

Can you share the link for MTKMetaUtility, I will try this option and report back? For me, worked Load from Target, but, it failed in the 99 step; Failed to Write IMEI from target.

czaroslaw

Oct 3, 2018
Link to MtkMetaUtility
Password = mtk_meta_utility

Partition is rwxrwx--x. Here are some screenshots.
Modem Meta can read db from target. Now I noticed that in log directory it stored gz file. But it cannot load this db. I attach also log from ModemMeta.

If Modem Meta works in your case:
- do you have bootloader unlocked?
- how do you connect to modem meta? in power off state or dut in meta?
- if dut in meta how do you reboot in meta mode?
- what firmware do you have? maybe I should upgrade to Android 11?

Attachments

• mtkmu_mddb.jpg
    mtkmu_mddb.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
  • mddb.jpg
    mddb.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 4
  • apdb.jpg
    apdb.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 4
  • META_TOOL.log
    34.3 KB · Views: 1