General [GUIDE][UNBRICK] Realme 8 Unbrick/Upgrade/Downgrade [RMX3085]

Search This thread

shyonae

Aug 13, 2018
Can I just use this to manually update my phone on RMX3085_11_A.22 to A.24? Will my data get wiped?

MP3Martin

Feb 2, 2022
saved my life. respect +++++
i use RMX3085
i failed in this because of weird usage of then. (i know, it is my problem, some people suceeded)
----------------------------------
first i unlocked bootloader
it was actually not unlocekd, but the program showed sucess
phone was showing it was not unlocked
i wanted to proceed because i had nothing to lose
look how the writing of patched img looked like:
Bez názvu.png

it said the image corruption error on boot
i used this after
i will try this in the future, but i just want my phone for now

i do not need any help, i just shared my (noob) experience

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Stark

HowWof

Nov 28, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J5
LG V30
Do not flash this if you have a phone bought in Poland phone will be bricked.
This is for some reason brave region global system does not work.
Interestingly the polish service has an account for free software flashing so my device was repaired but i heard that in other countries realme is replacing motherboards

Reactions: usernameisuseless

MP3Martin

Feb 2, 2022
Do not flash this if you have a phone bought in Poland phone will be bricked.
This is for some reason brave region global system does not work.
Interestingly the polish service has an account for free software flashing so my device was repaired but i heard that in other countries realme is replacing motherboards
Worked for me in Czech Republic (next to Poland)

safelock1

Feb 13, 2022
hello,
I have relame 8 (RMX3085 ). I want rooted and crash phone.
First I have error number: 0x99256658 . In internet I find information is problem with partition oppo_custom

Where I make download copy of this partition on realme 8?
I'm find on internet else oppo_custom partition wnd write to phone (error not show and phone start logo realme and next black screen).

Tony Stark

Jul 11, 2016
Realme 8
hello,
I have relame 8 (RMX3085 ). I want rooted and crash phone.
First I have error number: 0x99256658 . In internet I find information is problem with partition oppo_custom

Where I make download copy of this partition on realme 8?
I'm find on internet else oppo_custom partition wnd write to phone (error not show and phone start logo realme and next black screen).
What things you did before explain briefly. Did you wipe or modified any partition?
And where do you get that problem in sp flash tool or mtk client?

safelock1

Feb 13, 2022
What things you did before explain briefly. Did you wipe or modified any partition?
And where do you get that problem in sp flash tool or mtk client?
Unfortunately, but I wiped everything (I tried many recovery options, tried to upload all partitions from the official rom (after extraction).
Currently I have upload access using mtk client and sp flash tool (with unlock).
I think the best option would be to fully clone partyji images using mtk client (from Linux).
To do this I need to have all the files (including oppo_custom) currently overwritten

Tony Stark

Jul 11, 2016
Realme 8
Unfortunately, but I wiped everything (I tried many recovery options, tried to upload all partitions from the official rom (after extraction).
Currently I have upload access using mtk client and sp flash tool (with unlock).
I think the best option would be to fully clone partyji images using mtk client (from Linux).
To do this I need to have all the files (including oppo_custom) currently overwritten
From where you wiped all partitions? Sp flash tool?

safelock1

Feb 13, 2022
From where you wiped all partitions? Sp flash tool?
I didn't wipe all partitions just did an upgrade with sp flash. I got an error about boot not unlocking.
Then, after starting the phone, it was: the current image (boot / recovery) has be destroyed.
Then I tried to upload the original software found on the internet. After this attempt, information about the incomplete installation appeared on the phone screen with the error code: 0x99256658. I read on the internet that oppo_custom partition was damaged. I found some oppo_custom file on the internet and the error errora 0x99256658 disappeared but the phone was restarting. I found another oppo_custom but this time the phone seems to start but the screen is black. That's why I'm looking for a verified file from oppo_custom for realme8 or preferably a dump of all partitions from a running android on realme 8

Tony Stark

Jul 11, 2016
Realme 8
I didn't wipe all partitions just did an upgrade with sp flash. I got an error about boot not unlocking.
Then, after starting the phone, it was: the current image (boot / recovery) has be destroyed.
Then I tried to upload the original software found on the internet. After this attempt, information about the incomplete installation appeared on the phone screen with the error code: 0x99256658. I read on the internet that oppo_custom partition was damaged. I found some oppo_custom file on the internet and the error errora 0x99256658 disappeared but the phone was restarting. I found another oppo_custom but this time the phone seems to start but the screen is black. That's why I'm looking for a verified file from oppo_custom for realme8 or preferably a dump of all partitions from a running android on realme 8
Many users here ask someone if someone give you that partition.

dfahren

Dec 22, 2010
Hamburg
saved my life. respect +++++
i use RMX3085
i failed in this because of weird usage of then. (i know, it is my problem, some people suceeded)
first i unlocked bootloader
it was actually not unlocekd, but the program showed sucess
phone was showing it was not unlocked
i wanted to proceed because i had nothing to lose
look how the writing of patched img looked like:
it said the image corruption error on boot
i used this after
i will try this in the future, but i just want my phone for now

i do not need any help, i just shared my (noob) experience
Maybe I can give you an explanation for this weird, but normal behavior.

The reason for your phone showing boot image is corrupt is that you flashed an EMPTY vbmeta.img file. However what you need is your ORIGINAL vbmeta.bin partition with verification and dm-verity being disabled. So that's a completely different approach! Such a vmeta.bin partition is typically created when you issue the command
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.bin
But that is not possible with Realme 8 because Realme saved themselves from implementing a fastboot deamon, which tuns out to be tough luck for us.

So whenever your phone has a firmware with a version >A20, this means you have an enforced Android Verified Boot (AVB) in place which checks to see if either boot or recovery or both partitions have been tampered with. To this end, this mechanism makes use of the contents in vbmeta partition. What makes things even uglier is that partition vbmeta is cryptographically signed. So once you alter even a tiny bit in this partition, your whole boot process WILL fail. Unlocking bootloader does not help in this respect, it only guarantees an appropriate MTK download agent is allowed to write to flash memory.

What can we do (as others have already pointed out, so credits to them)?
  • You could flash an old LittleKernel (LK) partition that has been altered to not do AVB correctly. If you also need an old preloader, is unknown to me but may be needed. The verification process in LK would simply detect an empty vbmeta partition and be forced to think full AVB is not necessary and boot regularly from either boot or recovery partition. This solution seems to be the only way out of this misery as of Mar. 2022. We keep all our fingers crossed that this does not remain the only viable solution...
  • You need a tool that mimics the works of fastboot. This would be a tool that's capable of disabling both verification and dm-verity for a given vbmeta.bin file so that your are able to write an altered vbmeta.bin file to vbmeta partition with 'mtkclient', for example. I'm not aware of such a tool, but if anybody out there has come across of something like that, I would be eager to hear about it!
That's just my two cents.

Vo0zie

Dec 19, 2018
I have a problem with the bypass tool, everything went fine until step no. 7
Was trying to solve it by myself 'cause I don't like to take other people's time but still, I've got the same error.

I've bought this phone already bricked, it vibrates, turns on, stays on the logo, and reset after a few attempts it's trying to go into recovery mode but without luck and resets again. Maybe there is just no hope for this one.

Attachments

• image_2022-03-19_015937.png
    image_2022-03-19_015937.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 30

Hcck

Jul 9, 2018
Tested and working
But one needs to format data from stock recovery if boot loops after flashing .

Tony Stark

Jul 11, 2016
Realme 8
I have a problem with the bypass tool, everything went fine until step no. 7
Was trying to solve it by myself 'cause I don't like to take other people's time but still, I've got the same error.

I've bought this phone already bricked, it vibrates, turns on, stays on the logo, and reset after a few attempts it's trying to go into recovery mode but without luck and resets again. Maybe there is just no hope for this one

Try this bypass tool. Tell me if it works

Attachments

• mct_ofp_extractor.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 134

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! So after the new MediaTek DAA and SLA protection bypasses you can find GitHub repo of here , using the bypass we are able to use SPFlash Tool, here is a guide how you can do it! This guide is for RMX3085 (Realme 8) ONLY. DON'T DO ANY OF THESE IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE!

ALWAYS USE DOWNLOAD ONLY MODE OF SP FLASH TOOL.
    DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING RELATED TO FORMAT ON SP FLASH TOOL! (IT'S WRITTEN EVERYWHERE, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR IMEIS IF YOU USE FORMAT ALL + DOWNLOAD. YOU ARE SAFE IF YOU USE DOWNLOAD ONLY.)

Requirements:
    • PC or Laptop
    • Internet connection
    • Realme 8
    • USB cable
    Windows Method
    Requirements:
    Bypass Tools Pack - (DRIVER AND BYPASS FILES)
    SP Flash Tool

Decrypted OFP (OPPO FIRMWARE PACKAGE) :
    Indian

A.22 (Indian) - GDrive
    A.24 (Indian) - GDrive
    A.26 (Indian) - Gdrive
    C.05 (Indian) - GDrive
    Global
    A.22 (Global) - GDrive
    A.24 (Global) - GDrive
    A.26 (Global) - GDrive
    Install Python from Windows Store
    libusb-win32 - Having Issues? Use this.
    Get usbdk installer (.msi) from here and install it

Steps:

1)
    Extract the zip
    2) Go to driver folder, find the .inf file right click and press install.
    1611352830350.png

3) Download this file and install it, after installing power off phone and connect to pc while holding Vol+- (don't leave the buttons after connecting) . You might need this driver as well if it's not detected.
    3a6d351fec8ab9961a5e3.png

4) Press next, connect your device to PC while holding Vol+- buttons (your device needs to be powered off, and don't leave the buttons) and you will see the mtkdriver down below. Install it.
    310b8508659201f6729f7.png
    5) Choose MediaTek USB Port and install it.

6) Then run the brom.bat under Bypass folder.
    Screenshot (63).png

7) Now power off the phone and connect the phone while holding volume + and - (Don't leave the buttons until the bypass is done)
    download.png

8) After the above step Go into Flash Tool folder and open the SPFlash tool go to Options>Option
    screenshot-65-png.5474391

9) Click on Connections and select UART and set Baud Rate to 921600
    1642874324976.png

10) After that choose scatter file and also if not set, set your download-agent. You don't need to select auth file as authorization is disabled. Once you do it, it should look like this. ALWAYS MAKE SURE DOWNLOAD ONLY MODE IS SELECTED! DON'T SELECT OTHER MODES!
    1642842374170.png

• Select all the Partitions except opporeserve2 and cdt_engineering. otherwise you will get errors.
    *11) If you want to flash super.img partition also then download this scatter.txt file and replace it with the another scatter file which is present in the decrypted firmware folder. After that select it again in sp flash tool.

Again Make SURE "Download Only" is selected. Don't select ANYTHING ELSE! You will lose your IMEIs, Serial Numbers, Capability of Hardware Attestation etc. if you choose "Format data + Download" make SURE you selected "Download Only".

Now, you can start downloading with the button and after that a checkmark will appear. You can reboot your phone and use it like before now! All your userdata will (inevitably) be cleared!

After flashing it should look like this. Download has been complete. Enjoy!
    IMG_20211212_004225.png

"Congrats Now your Realme 8 is Unbricked :) "

Credits :
    https://github.com/bkerler/ for decryptor and for creating the tool.

If you face any issues write them down below...
    if "Brick" occured in rooting process - then can recovery be done without data loss :

Prerequisite: firmware version on the body must the same as downloaded "Decrypted OFP" (as example both is A.22 )

HowTo:
    at step of SPFlashing (currently that is 10-th)
    - check ONLY next partitions in SPFlash to restore :
    PRELOADER RECOVERY VBMETA LK LK2 BOOT
    ... and NO any of other
    (as thats only are touched by currently described rooting processes)
    Does the phone warranty will be void once the brom.bat ends its work?
    The warranty will be valid.
    If you want to return the phone to the service, lock the bootloader and say that it is after the update.
    They will load original system and after problem data will be lost
    Some people having this problem so I want to add one more thing to the guide. If you are not having any issues related to boot then don't follow these steps.

After waiting more then 10 minutes, if it doesn't boot up/bootloop. Or shows DM-Verity corrupt error then do this.

1) Try boot into stock recovery by pressing volume up + power button after that when your screen flashes quickly unpress buttons.

2) Now press volume down + power button, by pressing these you will boot into stock recovery.

3) Go to format option and do a full format.

4) Your phone will definitely boot up after that.