• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Unbrick X82x Le Max 2, Factory Restore, Reset, Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

Search This thread

valy_cta

Feb 29, 2012
Constanta
Hi all,
After reading on letv.re that some people managed to brick their devices and were looking for a fix, I started to check more and more about the issue. What happened to some was that the phone would switch itself off and enter into Qualcomm Recovery Mode and would be seen when connected to a computer as “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008”. For others, by flashing wrong files the phone would end up in the same state. Luckily a fix had been found, and it was shared by ParasiTe_RemiX.

DISCLAIMER
Given that maybe nothing will happen to your warranty and this is an unbricking tool, there are small chances that your device might get bricked for good, and I feel the need to say that I am not responsible for any damage caused by following these instructions. Any modification that you do to your phone you're doing at your OWN RISK.

Keep in mind that if your phone goes by itself in the QDLoader mode, it’s better to try some combinations below before flashing it using this method:
1) Keep the power button pressed for about 2 minutes, or
2) Keep the power button + Vol up pressed for about 2 minutes, or
3) Keep the power button while connecting the phone to a wall charger, or
4) Bring the phone into a bright light and press the power button (or power button + Vol up) for about 2 minutes, or
5) Keep the phone charging for more than 24 hours and repeat all the steps above.
If nothing works and you are willing to fix it and you’ll give up all your files, then this fix is for you. Or if you have flashed some wrong files and there is no Fastboot, nor Recovery, this is to be followed. Or if you want to reset your phone to a “factory state”, this is the way to go, and by that I mean if you want to check that your fingerprint sensor is working, or you have some other issues, it’s good to revert it this way.

What you will need:
a) A Windows computer
b) FlashOne program - the flashing program for the software
c) QFIL files for X820 (looks like some dev software dating April,2016)

IMPORTANT – YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR FILES ON THE PHONE, PHOTOS, MUSIC, APP DATA, INTERNAL STORAGE WILL BE WIPED.

So if your phone is in this Qualcomm Recovery mode, you can just connect it to the computer, and jump to step 3, if not, and you simply want to flash it, start from step 1.

1) To enter Qualcomm Recovery mode, first turn off the phone and go to step 2
2) Keep pressed Vol Up (+) and Vol Down (-) together and connect the phone by USB cable to the computer.
3) You will see that the computer will install drivers for "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".
4) Unzip FlashOne and start "main.exe". Once you've opened the flashtool you'll see "Flash Type". Here select "Qualcomm - flash dead phone".
5) Select your phone - "COM ..." from "Select device" - here should be the same COM ... as it shown in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT) > "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM ...)"
6) Select File "LeMax2QFIL.zip" from the folder where it is saved
7) Press "Flash" in the lower part of the window
8) Once completed, disconnect the phone and power it up
9) Go to Settings – Storage format the internal storage.

To exit the Qualcomm Recovery mode, keep the Power Button pressed for about 1 minute or until the phone will vibrate and restart into system.
That's it. More info you will find in FlashOne program, actually it's almost like I've described it here.
You will be reverted to a "dev" version of the phone, somewhere with April build date. Keep in mind that it's EUI 5.6 and the kernel is different than EUI 5.8. Update it to latest EUI with stock recovery and then install the custom recovery of your choice.
Most of the guys install a recovery for 5.6 on EUI 5.8 or vice versa and then they get the blue LED. That's why you should read the instructions for each recovery and make sure you know which one you're flashing.

Download files:
Mega:
https://mega.nz/#F!0gwgxbxD!-iud2O-6uZ0F3Geofz-NyA

Google Drive:
FlashOne: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8In_WJch-UvQ3RtOGstbXdqUWs/view?usp=drivesdk

QFIL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8In_WJch-Uvb0xBbnBtbTlISDg/view?usp=drivesdk

TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-max-2/development/twrp-root-14s-rom-x820-t3382221
https://mega.nz/#!Jl4DATLI!Z08l-0SWc98C1qUGDEOcTsj96DlY627B7nHtlKCp6qw
https://mega.nz/#!slYmEJ6K!Onc5pjb3teB9J6AunZnEe-k6mDJwQ2tQwUt0X51AudI

Stock Recovery (not tested) and needs an EUI ROM to be instaled as update.zip:
https://mega.nz/#!B0ZGgSQB!33UG9jpEL6b_zJm4M01yRpI0x4uHA4Q1XzaS0ntXVSI

Edit: Post updated.

Attachments

• FlashOne.jpg
    FlashOne.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 10,851
Last edited:

rapiteu

Sep 1, 2016
Thanks

Hi :D
First of all I want to thank you for posting this solution. Yesterday I managed to solve it too but it took me a while to find all this info.
Now I have ran into annother problem, I am not able to flash any rom from the stock recovery, it says "file corrupted" every time.
Any solution to this?
:confused:

valy_cta

Feb 29, 2012
Constanta
Hi :D
First of all I want to thank you for posting this solution. Yesterday I managed to solve it too but it took me a while to find all this info.
Now I have ran into annother problem, I am not able to flash any rom from the stock recovery, it says "file corrupted" every time.
Any solution to this?
:confused:
Honestly, I did this restoration of the phone about a month ago. I encountered some issues with the stock recovery but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I think I installed 017s at that time, directly from the dev software. Restarting the phone to recovery I think didn't work. I believe you should turn it off and then start it to recovery directly. I remember I wanted to download 015s, 016s, and even I gave up and wanted to install TWRP for 5.6 EUI but the stock recovery at some point worked. Try to turn off the phone (not restart) and then switch on in recovery. And check erase data as well.

Filozof71

Oct 4, 2014
Poznan
1) To enter Qualcomm Recovery mode, turn off the phone. Keep pressed vol up and vol down and turn on the device by pushing the power button.
Hello, I just wanted how does it look to see the phone in its normal state but cannot switch it on againg form normal opration. Is there eny key combination. It looks like bricked just now :)
regard Filozof71

OK, it works. Need press power button ober one minute. Uff

Last edited:

ludo91830

Apr 21, 2010
Leeco X910 brick

Hello, my leeco x910 is bricked...
Black screen, no led, no sound nothing just usb connection is ok for flashing 9008 mode..

Is possible to obtain the good .mbn file for flashing?

Please help me

Best regards

Filozof71

Oct 4, 2014
Poznan
valy_cta;69439085 1) To enter Qualcomm Recovery mode said:
Hello, I'm on Windows 7, I enter #3 point above but I can see only QUSB_BULK device under devices manager but Windows 7 does not have any drivers for it. I tried to dwonload some but withous success. Has anybody runover rhis instruction? Uder which Windows version?

OK. Under Windows 10 it works means it installs the phone as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 and its visible in FlashOne program.

Great appreciation to valy_cta!

regards Filozof71

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2016
Problem

My phablet give me problem.
Log:
13: c:\FlashOne1.9\Lemax2QFIL\prog_ufs_firehose_8996_ddr.elf
19:17:45: ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data:194 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
19:17:45: ERROR: function: sahara_main:854 Sahara protocol error
19:17:45: ERROR: function: main:265 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:process fail
Finish Download

what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

bruno araujo

Oct 25, 2014
Log:
19:17:45: ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data:194 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
19:17:45: ERROR: function: main:265 Uploading Image using Sahara protocol failed
Finish Download

what am I doing wrong?

The link of this file is corrupted, you could post the site link. where the file is. I'm grateful.

beachboys1970

Jul 22, 2011
hard brick LeEco Le Max 2

hello,
thanks for the guide,
I installed the Lemax2QFIL but then
I can not istall any rom.
I renamed the various rom in update but the system responds file corrupted every time.

bil20

Nov 28, 2015
Did you find a fix for this? I am struggling with Lemax x910

Log:
Finish Download

what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Did you find a fix for this? It seems like you resolved the error somehow. Would you be willing to share how you did that please? I would be extremely grateful. I continue to see the above errors as well.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

He fixed his phone finally.
OP updated.

Do you know how he fixed it? I also continue to see the exact same error on the lemax pro x910 and I have pretty much exhausted my options at this point in time. Your help would be extremely appreciated.

the error that I see is as follows:

13: c:\FlashOne1.9\Lemax2QFIL\prog_ufs_firehose_8996_d dr.elf
Finish Download

Nov 6, 2016
Hi,

Did you find a fix for this? It seems like you resolved the error somehow. Would you be willing to share how you did that please? I would be extremely grateful. I continue to see the above errors as well.

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Do you know how he fixed it? I also continue to see the exact same error on the lemax pro x910 and I have pretty much exhausted my options at this point in time. Your help would be extremely appreciated.

Finish Download

Reboot phone (long press volume "-"), after power on (long press volume "+" "-" and power) and just one time flash it.

valy_cta

Feb 29, 2012
Constanta
Hi,

Finish Download
I don't think that you can flash a X910 with X820 files, although I never tried and never heard someone to do so, the results might not be too good.
That error was due to the fact that he was not pressing the buttons properly before connecting to computer. Keep Vol up and Vol down and connect the phone. It should be switched off before.
Good luck!

bil20

Nov 28, 2015
Thanks very much

How would I switch off a hard bricked device? Every time I connect the device, the device manager shows that it's been connected "Qualcomm ------ 90008" so how would I turn it off , especially if the battery is embedded?

valy_cta

Feb 29, 2012
Constanta
Can you press the power button for at least 1 minute?
If you have it connected and it shows in computer as Qualcomm... 9008, it's ok. Maybe the files are detected as not being for your phone.
If you suddenly found the phone in such way and you didn't flash something that broke it, try to restart it as shown in the op. If not, try to discharge the battery fully that to flash something that it doesn't belong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    After reading on letv.re that some people managed to brick their devices and were looking for a fix, I started to check more and more about the issue. What happened to some was that the phone would switch itself off and enter into Qualcomm Recovery Mode and would be seen when connected to a computer as “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008”. For others, by flashing wrong files the phone would end up in the same state. Luckily a fix had been found, and it was shared by ParasiTe_RemiX.

DISCLAIMER
    Given that maybe nothing will happen to your warranty and this is an unbricking tool, there are small chances that your device might get bricked for good, and I feel the need to say that I am not responsible for any damage caused by following these instructions. Any modification that you do to your phone you're doing at your OWN RISK.

Keep in mind that if your phone goes by itself in the QDLoader mode, it’s better to try some combinations below before flashing it using this method:
    1) Keep the power button pressed for about 2 minutes, or
    2) Keep the power button + Vol up pressed for about 2 minutes, or
    3) Keep the power button while connecting the phone to a wall charger, or
    4) Bring the phone into a bright light and press the power button (or power button + Vol up) for about 2 minutes, or
    5) Keep the phone charging for more than 24 hours and repeat all the steps above.
    If nothing works and you are willing to fix it and you’ll give up all your files, then this fix is for you. Or if you have flashed some wrong files and there is no Fastboot, nor Recovery, this is to be followed. Or if you want to reset your phone to a “factory state”, this is the way to go, and by that I mean if you want to check that your fingerprint sensor is working, or you have some other issues, it’s good to revert it this way.

What you will need:
    a) A Windows computer
    b) FlashOne program - the flashing program for the software
    c) QFIL files for X820 (looks like some dev software dating April,2016)

IMPORTANT – YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR FILES ON THE PHONE, PHOTOS, MUSIC, APP DATA, INTERNAL STORAGE WILL BE WIPED.

So if your phone is in this Qualcomm Recovery mode, you can just connect it to the computer, and jump to step 3, if not, and you simply want to flash it, start from step 1.

1) To enter Qualcomm Recovery mode, first turn off the phone and go to step 2
    2) Keep pressed Vol Up (+) and Vol Down (-) together and connect the phone by USB cable to the computer.
    3) You will see that the computer will install drivers for "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".
    4) Unzip FlashOne and start "main.exe". Once you've opened the flashtool you'll see "Flash Type". Here select "Qualcomm - flash dead phone".
    5) Select your phone - "COM ..." from "Select device" - here should be the same COM ... as it shown in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT) > "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM ...)"
    6) Select File "LeMax2QFIL.zip" from the folder where it is saved
    7) Press "Flash" in the lower part of the window
    8) Once completed, disconnect the phone and power it up
    9) Go to Settings – Storage format the internal storage.

To exit the Qualcomm Recovery mode, keep the Power Button pressed for about 1 minute or until the phone will vibrate and restart into system.
    That's it. More info you will find in FlashOne program, actually it's almost like I've described it here.
    You will be reverted to a "dev" version of the phone, somewhere with April build date. Keep in mind that it's EUI 5.6 and the kernel is different than EUI 5.8. Update it to latest EUI with stock recovery and then install the custom recovery of your choice.
    Most of the guys install a recovery for 5.6 on EUI 5.8 or vice versa and then they get the blue LED. That's why you should read the instructions for each recovery and make sure you know which one you're flashing.

Download files:
    Mega:
    https://mega.nz/#F!0gwgxbxD!-iud2O-6uZ0F3Geofz-NyA

Google Drive:
    FlashOne: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8In_WJch-UvQ3RtOGstbXdqUWs/view?usp=drivesdk

QFIL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8In_WJch-Uvb0xBbnBtbTlISDg/view?usp=drivesdk

TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-max-2/development/twrp-root-14s-rom-x820-t3382221
    https://mega.nz/#!Jl4DATLI!Z08l-0SWc98C1qUGDEOcTsj96DlY627B7nHtlKCp6qw
    https://mega.nz/#!slYmEJ6K!Onc5pjb3teB9J6AunZnEe-k6mDJwQ2tQwUt0X51AudI

Stock Recovery (not tested) and needs an EUI ROM to be instaled as update.zip:
    https://mega.nz/#!B0ZGgSQB!33UG9jpEL6b_zJm4M01yRpI0x4uHA4Q1XzaS0ntXVSI

Edit: Post updated.
    FINAL Guide to get Le Max 2 Out of Vendor ROM and with Latest EUI with Update Option

The steps are spot on except for the Settings, Storage Format. I do not see this in my Settings. I did Format Data from TWRP instead and the partition shows 64GB correctly instead of 10 GB initially. Thanks for this guide.

The "Storage Format" or "Virtual SD Card Format" Setting is missing in EUI 5.8.019S version. To get this setting Le Max 2 users would have had to install 5.8.016S. However..... you have just offered a solution for a very pesky problem. Thanks.

Hence the final steps to Remove "Vendor ROM" that does not have the Update Option in Settings Or Unbrick Le Max 2 or simply Update Le MAx 2 to latest EUI with Developer Option already Unlocked.

Before starting... Remove ALL USB peripherals that might interfere with the process. Use USB Ports on the PC/Laptop... DO NOT use USB Hubs... Even if the phone appears dead... Connect it Power Outlet and let it charge for an hour.

1. Download the latest EUI... which is 5.8.019S from LeEco Website Directly .

2. Download the FlashOne v1.9 And Service ROM From HERE.

3. Download Qualcomm Drivers

4. Put Le Max 2 in EDL (Emergency Download Mode) by pressing Volume +, Volume - and Power Button Simultaneously. For those having difficulty..... Here are few tips.

Connect the Phone to PC. If the phone is Switched/Powered On... Then Power Off the phone and Switch Back On with the Key Combinations.
    OR
    If the Phone is Switched Off... Then Use the Key Combination to put the phone in EDL Mode..

In either case..... the PC will make a sound of Disconnection and Reconnection of an USB peripheral. AND you will see Qualcomm QDLoader 9008 Driver Installation. To verify the same... go to Device Manager in Win 7 / Win 10 and Under Ports (Com & LPT)... you should see Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COMXX).. The XX corresponds to a particular COM Port. Remember this port.

5. Once the Le Max 2 is in Qualcomm QDLoader 9008 EDL Mode... Start the FlashOne Software.

6. Choose “Qualcomm – flash dead phone” from the drop down menu next to “Flash type”.

7. Click “Refresh button” next to “Select Device”. Here your Le Max 2 will show up but in COM Number (ComXX)

8. Browse for our Qfil/service ROM by clicking “Select File”.... You can technically select the Latest EUI ROM... But it is safer with Service ROM. DO NOT Unzip the ROM File.

9. After everything is set up under “Settings”, Press “Flash” button.

10. Installation can take anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes. Have Patience.

There are chances that the Flashing might fail. In case it does... Simply put the phone in EDL Mode again... and restart the procedure.

11. After the FlashOne confirms successful flash... Wait for 15 - 20 seconds. Then Power On the phone by pressing the Power Button for at least 60 seconds. Do Not Panic due to the long press.. Press it until the phone vibrates.

12. The Le Max 2 should be in Developer Version of EUI with an unlocked Bootloader and STOCK recovery.

13. The Developer ROM has the “Format Virtual SD card” setting in Settings Menu--> Backup/Reset--> Factory Reset.. Use the setting to get back the 50+GB

14. Once you have a working Le Max 2... there are two directions:

Install Latest Stable EUI ROM... with Update Option
    OR Install TWRP Recovery / ROOT / Custom ROM

15. a. For those who wish to install Stock ROM... Simply rename it to "update" (DO NOT Add .zip... Else the file will look like update.zip.zip) and place the update.zip file in ROOT of the phone. Thereafter Switch Off the Phone... Enter Recovery by pressing Volume + and Power Button... Choose Update System AND the other setting to Clear All Data. Your Le Max 2 should update without any error.

15. b. For those who want TWRP and ROOT:

* Download the latest TWRP (For Le Max 2) and SuperSU from their respective websites. Download and Install ADB and Fastboot From HERE.

* Copy the SuperSU Zip File to the ROOT of the Phone.

* Unzip and Rename the TWRP recovery to Recovery (The file should be Recovery.img.... NOT Recovery.img.img)

* Put the Le Max 2 into Fastboot Mode By Pressing Volume - and Power Button

* Go to the ADB Install Folder and Press Shift & Right Click to get & select “Open command window here“. Confirm Fastboot is working by Entering Command: Fastboot Devices.. You should see a random string of letters followed by the word Fastboot. If you do not see the same..... the installation didn't complete successfully.

* In the Command Window.. Type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

* Enter the following Command: fastboot boot recovery.img

* Once the Phone has entered the Recovery... Flash the SuperSU Zip file and you will have ROOT capabilities.

* Take FULL Backup of your device and then install ANY Custom ROM.

NOTE: This method should address the following weird problems:
    1. Le Max 2 TWRP Seeing 0MB in Internal Storage. Unable to access the ROM Storage
    2. Encrypt Option Greyed Out In Settings-->Fingerprint and Security
    2. Update Option missing in Settings.
    3. Fingerprint Sensor not working... If it still gives trouble... Calibrate the FP Sensor in its settings. Or register the same fingerprint multiple times.

Do let me know your results.
    drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzteXVVFgQLpZndPRmhDNDJiXzg

He fixed his phone finally.
    OP updated.
    drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzteXVVFgQLpZndPRmhDNDJiXzg[/QUOTE

thank you, now I could install clean ROM
    The problem was solved by soldering both power circuits. The device was in 9008 and issued an error on 1% flashing