[GUIDE] Universal AndRoot - 1-click root (works on MyTouch 3G 1.2)

Search This thread

bhamoudi25

Jun 16, 2011
bextbook next8P root

pls help me to get it rooted
i tried Zroot and gingerbreak without sucess
after i tried superoneclick
without sucess
i have a bextbook next8P
pls help

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

help pls pls help

420kid

Dec 20, 2011
I,ll buy u whole freekncase if u help me get my next8p to root...i,m just a simple man...(my forest gump impersonation) .i check forum daily till its done.i cant stand how limited this is!!:( my vm 25$ optimus v is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better,thats freekn sad! :'( help someone!! Obi wan ur my only hope...eveyone says how ez it is...well?? Put up ur advice,i got a debit card...;)

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i kno bro!!! No auto install of drivers on my old azz xp,after plug n, in off,while pushing both volume buttons down....nope.no auto....devmonkey is our guy,but there to smart to make it ez i think...i will find u devminkey...:)so X!X!X! UPDATE! to root next8p follow sunnyboys steps...main prob i had was installing rar /zip/drivers from xp to 8p...so go to liutilities how to...rar install for that if u want that...idk took 4ever but well worth it...shame on amazon and next8p market!!! They stink!!:( but w root its nice...

Last edited:

Immortalbeast8

Mar 26, 2013
San Antonio
www.facebook.com
so I downloaded the universal androot and the appinstaller and I downloaded the cyanogen mod 6.1 off there website the only thing is that I cant download the rom mananger off market cause im using 1.6 firmware off my G1 tmobile so idk what to do know it said that woot I am rooted but now I don't know how to flash the recovery?

do I need to use it on a different program I tried doing it on flash reck but it wont flash to my phone?

I also have the recovery RA dream 1.7.0-cyan downloaded also? if u can help me out ive been on tons of sites. . .

pmerced

Sep 29, 2011
You need root for that. Besides, mt3g is on froyo now.

Of course it's need to be rooted, I was just answering to this:

so I downloaded the universal androot and the appinstaller and I downloaded the cyanogen mod 6.1 off there website the only thing is that I cant download the rom mananger off market cause im using 1.6 firmware off my G1 tmobile so idk what to do know it said that woot I am rooted but now I don't know how to flash the recovery?

He says that he have 1.6 on a rooted G1, and he ask for help because he can't get Rom Manager from market.

I also have a MT3G and sometimes I need to get to stock firmware for sorting things out, froyo was an update not the original firmware, the stock android version of MT3G is 1.6.

Last edited:

Phateless

Aug 22, 2010
Oakland
www.llinkedin.com
Of course it's need to be rooted, I was just answering to this:

He says that he have 1.6 on a rooted G1, and he ask for help because he can't get Rom Manager from market.

I also have a MT3G and sometimes I need to get to stock firmware for sorting things out, froyo was an update not the original firmware, the stock android version of MT3G is 1.6.

Gotcha. Hate to be that guy, but original mt3g/g1 firmware was cupcake, android 1.5.

There should be some simple recovery flashers on the market, try those?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

imgyan

Dec 2, 2013
stuck in boot loop.

well i am a new bie as far as android or any OS is concerned.Well i rooted my asus padfone infinity using framaroot (gandalf exploit); cause i wanted to change the fonts on my device.i had also downloaded 'ROM Tool Box Pro' to affect the change.I really dont know what transpired but after going for the font change option it prompted me to reboot the device.Now The device continues to try to boot but never completes the boot up.i think i have stuck in boot loop.
i have tried to boot device in recovery mode , remove catche partition as well as factory reset..but nothing worked.
please help.

Last edited:

shallmann

Jul 9, 2016
I know this is an older thread. Trying to root a cheap Black Friday tablet, can someone re-upload universalandroot.apk?

samdiman

Jan 5, 2024
Question. Why can't I find cyanogen or universal androot or flashrec.apk. and which rom manager to use

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a guide on how to root your phone and install a custom ROM using Universal AndRoot. It supports several phone models and is the simplest way to root a phone I have ever seen. It features a 1 click root and a 1 click unroot option. Rooting with this method does NOT affect your bootloader, therefore if your phone needs serviced you can (theoretically, I have not verified this to be true) simply unroot and restore to normal.

As always myself, XDA, ROM developers, your friends, your mom, the rulers of the world and the developers of this app are NOT responsible for any bricks YOU create by taking the risk of rooting your phone. Also there are no guarantees that your warranty will not be null and void. If you NEED your warranty, DO NOT root your phone. Use at your own risk!

SUPPORTED DEVICE LIST

Google Nexus One (2.2)
    Google G1 (1.6)
    HTC Hero (2.1)
    HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
    HTC Magic 1.2 (1.6)
    HTC Tattoo (1.6)
    Dell Streak (2.1)
    Motorola Milestone (2.1)
    Motorola XT701
    Motorola XT800 (2.1)
    Motorola ME511
    Motorola Charm
    Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
    Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
    Acer Liquid (2.1)
    Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
    Samsung Galaxy Beam
    Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
    Vibo A688 (1.6)
    Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
    LG GT540 (1.6)
    Gigabyte GSmart G1305

First we will gather the items needed to complete this process.
    Universal AndRoot Version 1.6.1 is the newest STABLE release. The newest version is 1.6.2 beta 5, which is where the updated list above comes from and is said to be very close to the final release version.
    Next go to the Android Market and install AppInstaller (there are a few versions including appsInstaller by modmymobile, all are free)
    While in the market, also grab ROM Manager (also free)
    Next download the ROM you would like to use. I personally recommend CyanogenMod 6.0.0 DS - stable. This link will take you to the Cyanogen downloads section where you will have to select your phone and search for the ROM you want.
    While you are there, also grab the Google Addon pack for your phone.
    Of course it is up to you to choose a ROM you like. You can also keep your stock ROM if you choose.

Lets Begin!
    Install the Universal AndRoot .apk file, the ROM you chose and the Google Addon to the root of your microSD card

Open AppInstaller and let it locate your AndRoot .apk on your microSD. Select it and install it to your phone.

Open Universal AndRoot from you app menu. It should read your phone and show your firmware version. Click the "Root" button and let it do it's thing. It really only takes a minute or 2. When finished it will let you know. Congratulations, at this point you are now rooted.

Now for a custom ROM!

Open ROM Manager. Install Recovery. The default recovery for ROM Manager is ClockworkMod Recovery (which is what I am using) but a lot of people seem to like RA Recovery. This option is at the bottom of ROM Manager under "Flash Alternate Recovery". Whichever you choose, let the Recovery flash.

Next choose "Backup Current ROM", then "Reboot Into Recovery" (for future reference, you can also get into recovery mode by turning your phone off, then hold down the "home" button hit the power button. continue hold home as it powers on.)

Chose "wipe data/factory reset" then "wipe cache partition". This step is important. I know from personal experience if you don't do this you may end up in a bootscreen loop!

Choose "install zip from sdcard". Navigate to the ROM you loaded on your microSD and flash it.

After the phone reboots (which can take a few minutes the first time after flashing a new firmware version) go back to ROM Manager and again choose "Reboot Into Recovery". Once in recovery, again choose "install zip from sdcard". Navigate to the Google Addon pack on your microSD and install it.

Once you are rooted and running your new ROM, go into ROM Manager and partition your sd card. This is optional.

That is it. You should be good to go! Way easier and faster than the old goldcard method!

This is my first XDA guide. I hope it is up to your standards!