[GUIDE] Unlock bootloader and flash TWRP recovery

Search This thread

arceoxis

Feb 11, 2013
La Coruña, Spain
PREREQUISITES:
- Nubia Z17 device.
- USB type C cable.
- Computer with Windows and adb-fastboot drivers installed and configured (there are a lot of guides on the Internet).
- Nubia Z17 Pack -> You have the mirrors at the end of the post

STEPS:
1.- Download the pack with all the necessary stuff.
2.- Decompress the folder that is inside the rar.
3.- Open that folder, press SHIFT and at the same time do right click. Click on open a powershell... or open a command prompt...
NOTE: if appears the first option you have to send the command: cmd
4.- Put the phone on fastboot mode (power and vol+ at same time) and connect the phone to the computer.
5.- Send the command fastboot devices and it should give you something like this if the drivers are OK:

thump_9767691fastbootdevices.jpg

6.- Send this command to unlock bootloader: fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX563J
Now you have your bootloader unlocked!
7.- Send this command to flash TWRP: fastboot flash recovery TWRP_recovery.img
Now you have the TWRP recovery flashed!
8.- To reboot into recovery you have to choose with volume buttons the option to reboot recovery and press power.

There is a little problem, the recovery is in Chinese and I don't know you, but I don't understand Chinese :silly: So let's change the language.
9.- When it displays the first screen, something like this pic, you have to press the second button and choose your favourite language (I always recommend English)

132955mmjfkw275f5ll5bd.png.thumb.jpg

10.- Now you have to root the phone, go to Advanced > Tools and press Root device.

Now you have your phone's bootloader unlocked, the TWRP recovery flashed and root access!

DOWNLOADS:
- Nubia Z17 Pack (MEGA)
Alternative mirror (DRIVE)

CREDITS:
- @shimp208 for the Minimal ADB and Fastboot portable included in the pack.
- users of Nubia forum that made the TWRP 3.1.1
- One photo from MIUI

Last edited:

sewkanteam

Nov 9, 2013
Diyarbakır
Gapps is working for me.
I flash Open GApps (ARM64 + 7.1 + full)

so ı dıd same and all worked goıod first then later ıts not working . do u have same problem ?

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

thanks for guide . Many should be happy now. but we need one guide how to make gapps works aswell.

jeffaguilera

Mar 22, 2011
PREREQUISITES:
- Nubia Z17 device.
- USB type C cable.
- Computer with Windows and adb-fastboot drivers installed and configured (there are a lot of guides on the Internet).

STEPS:
3.- Open that folder, press SHIFT and at the same time do right click. Click on open a powershell... or open a command prompt...
4.- Put the phone on fastboot mode (power and vol+ at same time) and connect the phone to the computer.
5.- Send the command fastboot devices and it should give you something like this if the drivers are OK:

6.- Send this command to unlock bootloader: fastboot oem nubia_unlock NUBIA_NX563J
8.- To reboot into recovery you have to choose with volume buttons the option to reboot recovery and press power.

There is a little problem, the recovery is in Chinese and I don't know you, but I don't understand Chinese :silly: So let's change the language.
9.- When it displays the first screen, something like this pic, you have to press the second button and choose your favourite language (I always recommend English)

Now you have your phone's bootloader unlocked and the TWRP recovery flashed!

DOWNLOADS:
- Nubia Z17 Pack (MEGA)

CREDITS:
- One photo from MIUI

Thank you, for the guide but i had a problem here. After unlock bootloader and instal the TWRP success, i reboot the phone and try to access the TWRP, but it get back into stock recovery. I ty to reinstall the TWRP but still same. Please help. Thank you.

valeriolorenzon

Jun 20, 2016
after i unlock bootloader i flash twrp and gapps. But when i restart the phone, the phone stop on the logo nubia and stop. Why?

mathk

May 21, 2010
the developer of the twrp said that you should root the phone first after you flashed something in the recovery mode.

sewkanteam

Nov 9, 2013
Diyarbakır
after i unlock bootloader i flash twrp and gapps. But when i restart the phone, the phone stop on the logo nubia and stop. Why?

did you root the phone ?

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

when you open twrp first go advandec / tools /root phone
then ınstall gapps
but sınce 1 week ım tryıng fix .
ı rootted the phone ı ınstalled twrp ı ınstalled gapps . the google apps all of them was workıng fıne . then later on error agaın.
we need wait for a clear working guide.

assan122

Jul 2, 2017
same here

thank you, but i think i will wait untill there is a really working way for this because the last time i tried, i stuck on Nubia logo and it makes me crazy... haha.

how you fixed this,my phone stuck on the logo and cant do anything,help please

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

sewkanteam

Nov 9, 2013
Diyarbakır

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

if u still have twrp go advantec /tools/root phone then ıt will open . if you still cant open then you can download offical stock rom v2.44 put in ur memory card then ınstall. here lınk https://xdaforums.com/nubia-z17/how-to/stock-rom-nubia-z17-v239-t3633206

wipe data system cache /dalvik then install what u downloaded.

Last edited:

assan122

Jul 2, 2017
i cant

I knıow . ı have same phone lol
ı meany your phone stroage you can still see it even ur in twrp.
downloand and put it in ur phone stroage ( phone memory ) . then ınstal wıth twrp.
but fiirst root the phone then restart phone. see if ıts ok

my phone totally stucked i cant get insaid and the twrp not istalled

sewkanteam

Nov 9, 2013
Diyarbakır
my phone totally stucked i cant get insaid and the twrp not istalled

ok let me help you.
close phone and open wıth press volume down button then you will be in fastboot.
make sure you have usb connected wıth pc. or laptop
open thıs lınk https://share.weiyun.com/8e5707dc3619ee5d3e584c38a714ea31

you will see twrp root file open ıt then you wıll see onekey tool. download tht open the zip and pres twrp recovery bat

after that with volume down choose reboot to recovery mode.
then twrp will be opened..
so change language to englısh then go advantec / tools / root phone
then restart the phone.

By the wya ı have no idea what have done to phone. what steps you did and how you brıck it and ıs your rom pre ınstalled or offical explaın here so maybe some other frıends can help u aswell. ım not so pro member lol .)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PREREQUISITES:
    - Nubia Z17 device.
    - USB type C cable.

STEPS:

thump_9767691fastbootdevices.jpg

132955mmjfkw275f5ll5bd.png.thumb.jpg

10.- Now you have to root the phone, go to Advanced > Tools and press Root device.

Now you have your phone's bootloader unlocked, the TWRP recovery flashed and root access!

DOWNLOADS:
    - Nubia Z17 Pack (MEGA)

CREDITS:
    - One photo from MIUI
    Awesome thanks, now I've got a TWRP I can actually understand :)
    thank you, but i think i will wait untill there is a really working way for this because the last time i tried, i stuck on Nubia logo and it makes me crazy... haha.

if you wanna learn you have to brick it first bro :D
    i tried installing Open Gapps ARM64 7.1 Stock, everything was okay at first, but some times it stop working. after reboot, it took a while for the play store to work again.

but at least it can be used while waiting for the International ROM.

same for me bro. I wıll test a new rom tonıght.
    I think that international ROM will come, but after some months... Maybe some dev like Cuoco92, BB72 or pesa1234 buy this phone.

Yeah,, at least we still can use the current method for the Gapps.

I forget whre i read the news but someone said that Z17 will be launched in India on July or early August. I hope it is true. That means there will be an International firmware soon. :victory: