(Guide) Unlock Bootloader First Try (P769)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
Ok so a spark bursted in my head at 2 in the morning of an idea and it has worked so im noticed that alot of people struggle to unlock the bootloader but not because the steps are hard but there is one missing part i have found which is it needs to have a signal connection to you provider for it to work and the thing is when you flash V20B the radio is different so it sometimes might get the signal but that is like what 1/100 or something like that haha ok back on track my idea was what if i install the radio for the P769 which was extracted for the workaround that we had for the JB manual install via CWM on V20B and we would a working radio so the bootloader would unlock on first try and i tried it and it worked muahahaha ok so what to do

Well before you go flash V20B to make everything easier make sure this app is already installed on your phone
Artas Bootstrap Recovery Installer and make sure you have the radio zip on your sd card
Then make sure you have debuging on and show touches on also so everything is easier
Now flashing set up first go download the JB guide its in the root l9 offline method and download the bin for V20B ok so now flashing run the rootl9 bat file but for JB then start the flashing process and were going to swap the bin then after swapping let it do its thing
ok after it finishes go to supersu install the binary and after that go to artas bootstrap recovery and install it then boot to the recovery after in recovery flash the radio zip and let it install it takes a while maybe a min to 2 minutes and after it installed reboot and then you should see you have signal hoorah , now just let it sit for 30-40 minutes then after the time is up run the command "adb reboot oem-unlock" from your computer and it should take you to the acept to unlock it and just press volume up and tada you have unlocked bootloader on first try

Sorry For No Links but in a Hurrry Good luck

t.d

Sep 8, 2010
Ok so a spark bursted in my head at 2 in the morning of an idea and it has worked so im noticed that alot of people struggle to unlock the bootloader but not because the steps are hard but there is one missing part i have found which is it needs to have a signal connection to you provider for it to work and the thing is when you flash V20B the radio is different so it sometimes might get the signal but that is like what 1/100 or something like that haha ok back on track my idea was what if i install the radio for the P769 which was extracted for the workaround that we had for the JB manual install via CWM on V20B and we would a working radio so the bootloader would unlock on first try and i tried it and it worked muahahaha ok so what to do

Well before you go flash V20B to make everything easier make sure this app is already installed on your phone
Artas Bootstrap Recovery Installer and make sure you have the radio zip on your sd card
Then make sure you have debuging on and show touches on also so everything is easier
Now flashing set up first go download the JB guide its in the root l9 offline method and download the bin for V20B ok so now flashing run the rootl9 bat file but for JB then start the flashing process and were going to swap the bin then after swapping let it do its thing
ok after it finishes go to supersu install the binary and after that go to artas bootstrap recovery and install it then boot to the recovery after in recovery flash the radio zip and let it install it takes a while maybe a min to 2 minutes and after it installed reboot and then you should see you have signal hoorah , now just let it sit for 30-40 minutes then after the time is up run the command "adb reboot oem-unlock" from your computer and it should take you to the acept to unlock it and just press volume up and tada you have unlocked bootloader on first try

Lol, I think this post needs some editing, but thank you for the help and support. Perhaps when you get some rest you'd be able to re-write the guide with bullet points and links.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1995220
is this atrix recovery compatible? i couldn't find anything on artas

Last edited:

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
Lol, I think this post needs some editing, but thank you for the help and support. Perhaps when you get some rest you'd be able to re-write the guide with bullet points and links.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1995220
is this atrix recovery compatible? i couldn't find anything on artas

I wouldn't recommend it just use artas bootstrap recovery and what do u mean "couldn't find anything on artas"

Sent From My P769 Running RC5

Slackys

Nov 13, 2007
My phone is IMEI blacklisted and I try it before via WiFi but never got unlocked. Is a most to have a T-Mobile sim card to be able to unlock?

Jan 27, 2010
I can not find this app Artas Bootstrap Recovery Installer search all over since you posted this fix. Could you link me to it.

viktorfk

May 3, 2013
I meant no signal from my provider... but I solved it, doing a Hard Reset, I'm sitting here waiting the 30-40 minutes, so I can enter the command, I'll tell if it works, it should work now, hopefully, if you were right and you do need signal from your provider to unlock the bootloader.

viktorfk

May 3, 2013
It didn't work on my P768 even if I have signal from my provider, I even checked the H+ on my phone before trying to unlock it, it just reboots normally.

Jan 27, 2010
Ok, I hate being hand held, but I have a question.:confused: Fm my understanding these are the steps I should be doing to unlock BL and Rooting the Sweet LG L9 P769 below:

1. First flash the V20B_00.KDZ Process.

2. Next Unlock the BL

3. Then Root the device Process.

4. Install recovery cwm, and the RC5.

Please let me know it this is correct, and add anything that i should lookout for.

When I start this process I'll make sure to take Note to write a first grader process.

I love this device for the price i pay for it, and i love a challenge.

My future device will be a LG optimus G Pro, but until then I need to get the LG L9 P769 hacked.

carloswii5

Jul 9, 2012
Pallet Town
Ok, I hate being hand held, but I have a question.:confused: Fm my understanding these are the steps I should be doing to unlock BL and Rooting the Sweet LG L9 P769 below:

1. First flash the V20B_00.KDZ Process.

2. Next Unlock the BL

3. Then Root the device Process.

4. Install recovery cwm, and the RC5.

Please let me know it this is correct, and add anything that i should lookout for.

When I start this process I'll make sure to take Note to write a first grader process.

I love this device for the price i pay for it, and i love a challenge.

My future device will be a LG optimus G Pro, but until then I need to get the LG L9 P769 hacked.
I recommend you also do what i posted here because if not holy dam its gunna take you a long or you might not even get it (;

Sent From My Xperia Themed P769

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thread closed at OP's request.