[Guide] Unlock bootloader, get root and flash TWRP - No "Enable OEM unlock" edition

Search This thread
After month of trying, I've succeeded unlocking bootloader for free (but in my case, I've literally lost 15€ with DC unlocker and downgraded firmware so many times).
I'll share my experience, saving time and money for equally unfortunate people, but first remember

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEM, THIS PROCEDURE WILL INVALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY (if still present)!
YOU SHOULD STAY ON LOLLIPOP!

After this premise, let's start with the actual guide:

Step 1​

Activate "Developer Options" by going to Settings -> About tablet -> press 5 times on "Build number".

IMG_20220403_200713.png
IMG_20220403_200743.png

Step 2​

After enabled the Developer Options, go to Settings -> Developer Options.

IMG_20220403_200906.png

Step 3​

Once there, you should look for "Enable OEM Unlock". You shouldn't find it (like me). Theoretically it should be between "Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log" and "Process stats". If you're lucky and find it, enable it, It will save your day. Then enable "USB debug".

IMG_20220403_201001.png

Step 4​

Install KingRoot 4.6.2 (download below) and do the root, you should get it without problems in Lollipop.
I don't want to take care of replacing KingRoot, the root, in this case, is just for unlocking the bootloader.

Optional​

You can save your unlock code accessing device via adb and granting root permission to it.
Just do this in your terminal with the tablet connected and USB debugging enabled as follows
adb shell
and then
su -c "grep -m1 -aoE 'WVLOCK.{14}[0-9]{16}' /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 |grep -aoE '[0-9]{16}'"
You should get a bunch of numbers, they are the bootloader code.

Step 5​

Now, after checking with "Root Checker Basic" if root is presented, reboot (1 or 2 times) into bootloader via adb, you should get "PHONE UNLOCKED" (the bootloader is unlocked!) and "FRP Lock" (due the missing of "Enable OEM unlock" option in Developer Options). Now reboot into system.

index.jpg

Step 6​

Install the Official TWRP App and flash manually the recovery image linked below.

Screenshot_2022-04-03-20-56-45.png
Screenshot_2022-04-03-20-56-57.png

Step 7​

Reboot into recovery and enjoy TWRP!

index.jpg

Downloads​

Link TWRP + KingRoot 4.6.2.

Support​

If you want to support my work, donate via paypal.