[Guide] Unlock Bootloader, Get Root and Flash TWRP Recovery

Search This thread
Oct 11, 2017
well, senior member means nothing, the_laser opened thread for unlocking bootloader on Nokia Qualcomm devices. You should go there
Please can you give me address or links !! Anything help me
I'm still beginners or rather don't know anything about bootloader only when I wanted root my device after request some of application on it. I don't understand why is so hard really with NOKIA factory not like other!

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Oct 11, 2017
Don't worry, then next time someone asks about rooting their Nokia 3 I will be sure to point them to this thread, and I like how you described the process. It's very easy to understand. I already have my phone rooted and i'm sticking with my stock recovery because of updates
I spent 1 week trying to rooting my device without any notice.
I don't know how to make it happen really without help someone experiences People . So please can you give me ideas how to rooting my device model NOKIA 2 TA-1029 E1M . ??

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Hey Skabo, thanks for your reply. Actually, right after posting here, I found your thread about using the md5 hash of the serial number for unlocking the bootloader. Unfortunately, it seems that i cannot get far enough to confirm that. I successfully booted the Nokia 2 into fastboot/bootloader mode. The device is recognized correctly:

fastboot devices
E1MGAP27C161xxxx fastboot

if I try to submit the key (md5 hash of serial no.), it fails. The vendor-ID should be correct. Checking the USB-Bus gives me a product-key of 0xc026 and a vendor-key of 0x2e04. I assume the vendor-key is identical for all HMD-Global mobiles from Nokia 2 to Nokia 8, anyway.

fastboot -i 0x2e04 oem key 4da4857898f4a5763f1658fee2177966
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.005s

I checked a bit further, and it seems that the oem Parameter "key" is not recognized.

fastboot oem
fastboot: usage: empty oem command

so it knows that a parameter should follow...

fastboot oem key
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.003s

...but "key" is not a recognized paramater-key

Trying to unlock the bootloader without setting the key doesn't work either

fastboot -i 0x2e04 oem unlock
FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.003s

I'm stuck here :(

p.s. will there be a separate Nokia 2 section in xda-developers soon? I don't want to abuse this thread further ;)
Hi friend me too it's the same problems with me too
The same results always ..
I wish too someone to help us soon

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I will try this method the next time I get an ota update. Wasn't sure if it was the superSU or the xposed that was causing the errors. After this update i've confirmed it's the SU.
I've never used magisk before. Hope it won't conflict with xposed
Hi redweaver
Please they tells me that you are able to solve my problem to rooting my device model NOKIA 2 TA-1029 E1M .
CAN U PLEASE I WILL give you my serial number and all info u need just I want it rooted

redweaver

Nov 25, 2017
Lagos
HI , you said that no way only with pc or laptop!!
Already I tried this method step by step with kingroot firstly then after failed results sure , i tried with adb fastboot but the Same problem too !!
Like that:
Adb devices
Adb fastboot oem unlock
Adb fastboot reboot
Adb recovery...
All of them said in the end bootloader is not allowed
There's a other methods please !!

You've got it wrong. You first have to boot into bootloader/ download mode
Adb reboot bootloader might work, otherwise you will have to put off your phone and while it's plugged in to your PC hold the power and volume up key
When you are in bootloader mode then you type:
fastboot -i 0x2e04 oem key <your oem key >
fastboot -i 0x2e04 oem unlock

At this point your bootloader should be unlocked. Warning, unlocking your bootloader will clear your data

Then you can continue with jakeden's method on page 1st I.e. flash/boot reel etc

lupi63

Feb 14, 2018
Göttingen
I don't know how to make it happen really without help someone experiences People . So please can you give me ideas how to rooting my device model NOKIA 2 TA-1029 E1M . ??

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I am surprised that everybody missed the fact, that aymen is talking about Nokia 2, NOT Nokia 3! To cut the story short: there is no known procedure to unlock the bootloader on Nokia 2. This thread is dealing with unlocking the bootloader on Nokia 3. The only reason for me to post (sort of off-topic) here, was, that there is no Nokia 2 area on XDA.

Read through my posts, and you will find what will sound very familiar to you ;) I am still searching for a way to unlock my Nokia 2. Let me know if you find anything new.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017

I am surprised that everybody missed the fact, that aymen is talking about Nokia 2, NOT Nokia 3! To cut the story short: there is no known procedure to unlock the bootloader on Nokia 2. This thread is dealing with unlocking the bootloader on Nokia 3. The only reason for me to post (sort of off-topic) here, was, that there is no Nokia 2 area on XDA.

Read through my posts, and you will find what will sound very familiar to you ;) I am still searching for a way to unlock my Nokia 2. Let me know if you find anything new.

Actually I am disappointed from the tried! Maybe good idea it's to buy a smartphone with easy root methods better!? Like Htc or Sony.. because f...HMD NOKIA ?. Despite there is a team (the laser) i think they have a way to unlock bootloader of Nokia 2.

Sent from my E1M using XDA Labs

lupi63

Feb 14, 2018
Göttingen
Actually I am disappointed from the tried! Maybe good idea it's to buy a smartphone with easy root methods better!? Like Htc or Sony.. because f...HMD NOKIA . Despite there is a team (the laser) i think they have a way to unlock bootloader of Nokia 2.

Well, the Nokia 2 is a fairly new device. It will take a while until stock ROMs, recory images, and methods for unlocking the bootloader become available. As I understood from Nokias announcements, they will even present official ways to unlock the bootloaders on their devices. But that might even take longer :rolleyes: So if you want to customise your device straight away, the Nokia 2 is certainly the wrong phone for you ;)

redweaver

Nov 25, 2017
Lagos
Actually I am disappointed from the tried! Maybe good idea it's to buy a smartphone with easy root methods better!? Like Htc or Sony.. because f...HMD NOKIA . Despite there is a team (the laser) i think they have a way to unlock bootloader of Nokia 2.

Did you send a pm to the_laser with your device model and imei? Did you get a response? I'm asking because his solution worked for my nokia 5. Remember that the nokia 2,5,6,8 have snapdragon cpus while the nokia 1&3 have mediatek, so you're more likely to get a solution from any of those forums than from this

Oct 11, 2017
Did you send a pm to the_laser with your device model and imei? Did you get a response? I'm asking because his solution worked for my nokia 5. Remember that the nokia 2,5,6,8 have snapdragon cpus while the nokia 1&3 have mediatek, so you're more likely to get a solution from any of those forums than from this
Yes i have got a file link from the laser . I downloaded it but I'm at this point!! is nothing happens actually I don't know what i should to do now?

redweaver

Nov 25, 2017
Lagos
Oct 11, 2017
Oct 11, 2017

Attachments

• Captures.PNG
    Captures.PNG
    147.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    159.1 KB · Views: 159

Mufrad

copy the file lazer gave you to your ADB folder in windows, turn off your phone, connect it to the computer, wait till charging animation, hold volume down and power button until it goes to download mode, go to cmd on windows, the one you have open on your screenshot, type
fastboot flash unlock <name of lazer file>
it will unlock device
then after that is done type (donot disconnect the phone or do anything else after the first command)
fastboot oem unlock-go
after process complete the if it doesnt restart itself just restart it manually and you have unlocked bootloader. Good Luck.

Nikola Jovanovic

Jul 4, 2012
copy the file lazer gave you to your ADB folder in windows, turn off your phone, connect it to the computer, wait till charging animation, hold volume down and power button until it goes to download mode, go to cmd on windows, the one you have open on your screenshot, type
fastboot flash unlock <name of lazer file>
it will unlock device
then after that is done type (donot disconnect the phone or do anything else after the first command)
fastboot oem unlock-go
after process complete the if it doesnt restart itself just restart it manually and you have unlocked bootloader. Good Luck.
Does this works for oreo ?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: This guide is a WiP and is NOT complete. DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDE UNTIL THIS MESSAGE IS REMOVED.

You will require ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer.

First you will need to send a private message to the_lazer with your IMEI and Serial Number and they will give you a key to unlock the bootloader.
    Wherever you see KEY in this guide replace that with the key you got given.

Second you will need to download Magisk from here, rename that file to
    Code:
    magisk.zip
    Then download the TWRP.img from here.
    If the touch screen doesn't work on TWRP then press the power button so the screen sleeps and then press it again so it wakes up and it should work.

Make sure your device has "Enable OEM Bootloader Unlocking" enabled in settings.

Plug your device into your computer and turn the device off.
    Hold the power and volume up buttons, if it has a menu where reboot to bootloader or fastboot is a option then do that.
    Once in fastboot mode on your computer run:
    Code:
    fastboot oem key KEY
    fastboot oem unlock
    Press the volume up button on the phone and it should unlock successfuly.
    Once that is done you will need to run:
    Code:
    fastboot boot TWRP.img
    Note that you should NOT flash twrp yet as it will give "red state" error and prevent your device from booting.

Then once in TWRP if it asks for a password then click cancel. If that doesn't work then press the power button and then press it again so the screen sleeps and wakes up then swipe to unlock and click cancel again.
    Swipe to allow modifications then click Advanced and then ADB Sideload and swipe.
    Next run
    Code:
    adb sideload magisk.zip
    and it will flash magisk.
    Magisk will provide root and patch the bootloader so it will still boot past the "orange state" screen.
    Next go back twice and click Reboot and then Bootloader.
    Then on your computer run
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
    That will now flash TWRP.
    The reason you need to flash TWRP after you have flashed magisk is because magisk is required to patch the bootloader so that it will actualy boot.

Then run
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    and you should eventualy reboot to android, give it about 30mins to boot just to be safe.

Then install Magisk Manager from
    Code:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

You should now have a working rooted Nokia 3 which uses Magisk.

TODO: Add troubleshooting section and steps to follow if something goes wrong.
    nice guide, did you encounter any crashes like SuperSU or it runs normal without errors?

Runs flawlessly and doesn't crash or bootloop.
    However if you enable a magisk module which causes a bootloop then you would have to factory reset the device unless /data is decrypted in which case you can just delete the folder the magisk module is located in. I will add to the guide instructions on how to have a decrypted /data partitionlater.
    Any feedback? Does anyone want to pm me and try it safely?
    Any feedback? Does anyone want to pm me and try it safely?

Don't worry, then next time someone asks about rooting their Nokia 3 I will be sure to point them to this thread, and I like how you described the process. It's very easy to understand. I already have my phone rooted and i'm sticking with my stock recovery because of updates
    I will try this method the next time I get an ota update. Wasn't sure if it was the superSU or the xposed that was causing the errors. After this update i've confirmed it's the SU.
    I've never used magisk before. Hope it won't conflict with xposed