From the looks of it, it looks like you need to start all over again.Ok so, I've wiped data and reinstalled everything again, it is supposedly rooted, but the root doesn't work perfectly.
SuperSU says I should update the SU binary, but when I try to do so it fails. Also, busybox installation fails and I can't set a pincode on my SuperSU.
Yet i've got "root" access using Terminal Emulator or Total Commander.
In fact, it appears that / is mounted read only.
As for the tutorial, I've flashed the SuperSU zip twice in the second part so it said twice that it had already been installed and that it was restoring stuf" because I had accidentally pre-mounted data and had an error about it.
Maybe that's linked ?
I've also tried to install the newest SuperSU via TWRP, but it triggers a reboot and doesn't update.
I've also tried to "mount -o rw,remount /" (with separate namespaces disabled) and it first said it worked, but still asks for update and now says it doesn't.
Any help ?
Unlock bootloaderHas anyone been able to use Magisk on EMUI 5.0? Searched the thread but wasn't really mentioned a lot. Noticed in other threads that EMUI 5.0 kernel problems with Magisk so wondering if it Magisk is now viable or not.
Magisk only fails on firmwares lower than B381.Has anyone been able to use Magisk on EMUI 5.0? Searched the thread but wasn't really mentioned a lot. Noticed in other threads that EMUI 5.0 kernel problems with Magisk so wondering if it Magisk is now viable or not.
Sorry the newbie question, but what are the advantages of the Magisk versus SU?
Magisk allows you to install modules systemless like viper, dolby atmos... And so on.. If you Uninstall magisk all these things are deleted by magic
Also magisk allows to hide root, so you can use apps from playstore, which have root detection..
Also root is built in in Magisk plus the above mentioned benefits
All in one
Is flashable trough twrphow do you update the firmware once rooted with twrp installed?
i have a L14 USA 64GB model
i successfully installed twrp and rooted but lost BT and NFC in the process so i flashed update_data_full_hw_usa.zip with twrp
but that downgraded me to B360 and for the life of me i can't figure out how to upgrade to B385
OTA update reboots the phone to twrp and does nothing
and i can't find a flashable B385 firmware anywhere i tried update_full_FRD-L14_hw_usa.zip and update_data_full_public.zip but they gave errors in twrp
i've got to be missing something big, i've read everything i could find.
Just remember to convert back to EXT4 in twrp before rollback in MM, otherwise you'll loose everything, no recoveries and bootlooping. Fastboot stated as abnormal thou.
Hi, you have B389 and twrp 3.0.2-0 isnt for Marshmallow? If u have this and Im not wrong u can flash M zip
edit: hm, so here is this waht I mentioned before... But old twrp can works mayne only with EXT4
Why u want make rollback? B389 is pretty good firmware
Stock recovery isn't needed at all.For rollback u need stock recovery not twrp. Is two steps how install stock rec. 1. Is extracted update.app and flash this via fastboot 2. Install newest twrp and flash via twrp firmware B360 this procedure flash also stock recovery and after u can install official rollback. Why u want make rollback? B389 is pretty good firmware
1. Go to Huawei's EMUI site and log in. If you need to create a new account, do so. Link here: http://www.emui.com/en/plugin/hwdownload/download
2. Click on the DOWNLOAD link at the top of the site.
3. Underneath the search field you will see a green link that says "Unlock Bootloader". Click it and follow the instructions. You will be asked to enter in several pieces of information about your phone.
4. Once you've filled out all the information, you will receive your unlock code at the bottom of the screen. Write this down and save it. This number will NEVER change.
5. On your Honor 8, go to Settings > About and tap on the Build Number seven times until you unlock the Developer Settings.
6. In Developer Settings, check Enable OEM Unlock.
7. Scroll down a bit more and check USB Debugging.
8. Go to Huawei's site and download their HiSuite and install it. This installs the OFFICIAL Honor 8 USB driver. Link here: http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/..._en/index.html Once the app is installed, you can unselect start with Windows under settings.
9. Plug in your Honor 8 with the provided USB cable. Give it about 45 seconds to install the driver and recognize it. You may need to go to your phone and tap on "Allow File Access". You will be presented with a question asking if you'd always like to trust the computer you just connected to. Select yes, if this is your primary computer you will be working with.
10. Now download the most up to date ADB drivers. A Google employee has created one link to get that and make it easy. Link here: https://developer.android.com/studio...orm-tools.html
11. Open the zip file you just downloaded and create a folder on your computer easy to get to (I recommend c:\ADB) and paste those files there so they are extracted.
12. Now open the folder up in Windows Explorer if you closed it and hold down the Shift key and RIGHT click in the open area and click "Open command window here"
13. Type adb devices and hit enter. You should see a device ID as a response in the window.
14. Type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. Give it a couple of seconds and the phone will load the bootloader.
15. Now type fastboot devices and hit enter. You should see your device ID appear again.
16. LAST CHANCE before it wipes everything and unlocks the booloader!!! Type fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXXXXX (where XXXXXXXXXX is the unlock code you received on step 4) and hit enter. It will ask if you're sure. Once this is done, the phone will wipe your data, unlock the phone and reboot. Your Honor 8's bootloader is now unlocked.
1. Download TWRP into the same folder you used in the steps above (where you're keeping all your files)
2. Navigate in Windows Explorer to this location and hold down the Shift key and RIGHT click in the open area and click "Open command window here"
3. Type adb devices and hit enter. You should see a device ID as a response in the window.
4. Type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. Give it a couple of seconds and the phone will load the bootloader.
5. Now type fastboot devices and hit enter. You should see your device ID appear again.
6. Type fastboot flash recovery frd-twrp.img and hit enter.
7. Once this is complete, unplug your phone.
8. Hold Volume UP and Power at the same time. Release ONLY the Power button after the blue Honor logo appears.
9. You now are booted into TWRP and it's been successfully flashed.
1. Boot into TWRP
2. Once there, when asked to keep system read only? - swipe to allow modifications
3. Tap Install
4. Tap Select Storage - Select your SD card
5. Select the supersu file "SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-EMUI5.0.zip"
6. Swipe to confirm flash
7. Ignore the multiple errors: "Failed to mount '/data' (Invalid argument)
8. Go back to the main menu
9. Select Reboot to Recovery
10. When asked to keep system read only? - swiped to allow modifications (again)
11. Tap Wipe
12. Tap Format Data
13. Type YES then hit enter
14. It will format data using make_ext4fs..
15. When finished, tap Reboot System
16. Reboot back into TWRP
17. Swipe to allow modifications (You can check the box to never show this again)
18. Tap Install
19. Select storage
20. Select your SD card
21. Select the supersu file "SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-EMUI5.0.zip"
22. Swipe to confirm flash
23. You should see NO ERRORS now when installing SuperSU
24. Wipe cache/dalvik
25. Swipe to wipe
26. Reboot system
I'd be curious to know because I'm on b320 right now. I haven't tried making a backup of my current ROM yet. I hope it doesn't fail. I've never been able to backup MM.