UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
THIS IS FOR PURE VERSION ONLY
NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will Wipe/ factory reset your device, and will delete all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.
- Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
- Download the Android SDK OR Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop. Download here.
- Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
- Open Command Prompt on androidsdk/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
- Connect your Phone to PC
- Type this in the CMD prompt window - fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
- Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
- Now go to the Motorola Site.Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will appear at the bottom of page.
- To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
- Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
- Then in CMD type: fastboot devices (To check your device is connected)
- Then type: fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
NOTE: In above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter and the unlocking process should begin. Wait for a while and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto X(2014).
To relock the bootloader:
Go to Fastboot and give the command fastboot oem lock
You can always appreciate my work by pressing the Thanks Button.:good: