[GUIDE] Unlock bootloader of Lenovo Tab 4 10 with OEM unlock "greyed out" (TB-X304F/L and other Qcom tablets)

Search This thread

hk96

WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU START CRYING INTO YOUR BRICKED TABLET

This guide is only for devices with "OEM Unlocking" option greyed out !!!
Others can follow the simpler procedure mentioned in the TWRP thread...

Prerequisites:
QDLoader_HS_USB_Driver (Google it and find)
Hex Editor (eg. HxD)
PC and some brain to understand....

Procedure:

1. Install the drivers and hex editor.
  2. Clone this repo to PC - https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/BLUnlocker (Thanks to the dev (y) )
  3. Extract the firehose file from stock rom. (eg. "prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.mbn" for TB-X304)
  4. Boot into edl mode using key combo
    or using adb
    Code:
    adb reboot edl
  5. Check the port number in device manager and run " dump_devinfo.bat ".
  6. Mention port number and full path to "*.mbn" file (eg. D:\where\every\it\is\prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.mbn)
  7. A file named " devinfo.img " will be dumped to the working dir. Edit it using an HEX editor as shown below.
    1607766281870.png
  8. Save the devinfo.img after editing and run " unlock.bat "
  9. Reboot after success message.
  10. Voila !! You have Successful unlocked the bootloader. Reboot to system by holding the power button.
EDIT (13/01/2020): After unlocking bootloader and restarting, if it asks for password, Reboot to recovery and format data...

Flash TWRP and Enjoy rooting...:giggle:

Screenshot_2020-12-12-04-07-34-338.jpeg
recovery.jpeg

PS: The same procedure can be done using QFIL tools (QPST)

Attached:
Firehose file of TB-X304F and TB-X304L (DONT USE ON OTHER DEVICES!!!)

Credits:
Thanks to the dev who wrote the code ( https://github.com/Naveen3Singh )
@hk96 (Myself)

Hit thanks(y) if this helped....

Attachments

• TB-X304F prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.zip
    214 KB · Views: 1,076
  • TB-X304L prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.zip
    214 KB · Views: 1,372
Last edited:

hk96

Great! I also have this problem...
Does unlocking in this way factory resets the tablet?
Is the "firehose" file version sensitive (i.e., if I use the S001016 file in a S001014 TB-X304F will I have any kind of trouble?)
Thanks!
After unlocking, when u Boot into system it asks for a password, even if u didn't set one to start with (atleast in my case).
So you need Boot into recovery and wipe data.
Short answer: yes, factory reset is necessary.

Regarding file version, I hav no idea... May be u can give it a try...

Reactions: njascgil

Jakeup96

Oct 28, 2010

How? I watched a video and I can load the mbn but I don't know what to put in the xml thing box. I tried doing the method steps but it says Failed to write hello response back to device Did not receive Sahara hello packet from device

Jakeup96

Oct 28, 2010
Nevermind I got it. As you can see by my signature I haven't done anything like this in many years.

iostrym

Aug 11, 2011
hello,

I already root some device but here I'm stuck because I don't find the port number in device manager :-( drivers installed and "lenovo tab4 10" displayed in device manager. in properties I have : port_#0002.hub_#0005

I tried use 0002 or 0005 as port number but the .bat script failed each time. do I have correct port number ?

[EDIT] I have "failed to write hello response back to device" message and my tablet is in FFBM Mode.

[EDIT] in FFBM mode, my device is recognized in device manager (but i'm not sure to find the correct port and the script don't work) and in FastBoot Mode (first menu), my device seems to be not recognized in device manager. I guess that the script must be launched in this mode but I miss a driver. I install "adb drivers" + QDLoader-HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup drivers. What do I miss ?

Last edited:
Reactions: joshat10xda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU START CRYING INTO YOUR BRICKED TABLET

This guide is only for devices with "OEM Unlocking" option greyed out !!!
    Others can follow the simpler procedure mentioned in the TWRP thread...

Prerequisites:
    QDLoader_HS_USB_Driver (Google it and find)
    Hex Editor (eg. HxD)
    PC and some brain to understand....

Procedure:

1. Install the drivers and hex editor.
    2. Clone this repo to PC - https://github.com/Naveen3Singh/BLUnlocker (Thanks to the dev (y) )
    3. Extract the firehose file from stock rom. (eg. "prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.mbn" for TB-X304)
    4. Boot into edl mode using key combo
      or using adb
      Code:
      adb reboot edl
    5. Check the port number in device manager and run " dump_devinfo.bat ".
    6. Mention port number and full path to "*.mbn" file (eg. D:\where\every\it\is\prog_emmc_firehose_8917_ddr.mbn)
    7. A file named " devinfo.img " will be dumped to the working dir. Edit it using an HEX editor as shown below.
      1607766281870.png
    8. Save the devinfo.img after editing and run " unlock.bat "
    9. Reboot after success message.
    10. Voila !! You have Successful unlocked the bootloader. Reboot to system by holding the power button.
    EDIT (13/01/2020): After unlocking bootloader and restarting, if it asks for password, Reboot to recovery and format data...

Flash TWRP and Enjoy rooting...:giggle:

Screenshot_2020-12-12-04-07-34-338.jpeg
    recovery.jpeg

Attached:
    Firehose file of TB-X304F and TB-X304L (DONT USE ON OTHER DEVICES!!!)

Credits:
    Thanks to the dev who wrote the code ( https://github.com/Naveen3Singh )
    @hk96 (Myself)

Hit thanks(y) if this helped....
    Firehose file for X304L if anyone needs it
    This is what happens at the final step for me...
    I just tried to do this. I installed the drivers, my tablet was seen by my computer and I am connected to port 0001. When I run the dump_devinfo.bat file, it starts and looks like it gives some errors. But then it will continue for a few minutes and then tell me the devinfo.img file was saved to the current directory. But nothing is in the directory I am working out of. Am I doing something wrong here? Does it have something to do with the errors it is showing? I attached a screenshot of what it tells me.

Also, is it normal for USB Debugging to be greyed out as well? I don't know if that has any effect on EDL mode.
    This link is for this problem with qfil tool
    But, don't use file which are use in this video use file which are mention on top on the thread.