[GUIDE] Unlock Factory Mode *root*

Search This thread

antnyhills

Aug 6, 2012
USA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
FIRST THING FIRST

EVEN IF YOUR PERSIST IS ALREADY BROKEN AND FINGERPRINT DOES NOT WORK.

BACK UP YOUR PERSIST.IMG BEFORE YOU PERFORM THIS GUIDE, IT IS SUPER EASY TO MESS UP YOUR CALIBRATIONS IN THIS MODE.

In a root explorer of your choice go to /mnt/vendor/persist/engineermode/

You'll see a file that is called 'engineermode_config' open that file with a text editor.

Code:
[SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_app=true[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_adb=true[/B][/SIZE]
rc4_key=*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
imei=*******************
last_download_time=*******************
encrypt_log=true

Switch the two lines to "false"

Code:
[SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_app=false[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_adb=false[/B][/SIZE]
rc4_key=*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
imei=*******************
encrypt_log=true

Reboot your device and enter the stock OnePlus phone app.

Enter your factory code of choice.

Main menu is *#808#

Last edited:

pyry666

Dec 27, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro

You'll see a file that is called 'engineermode_config' open that file with a text editor.

Main menu is *#808#

If this works great. My wife is at sleep now.i try this tomorrow

pyry666

Dec 27, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
If this works great. My wife is at sleep now.i try this tomorrow
Edit. Sure i can acces that mode but pf crashes if try that option..

Edit. And its just ocd thing anyway. Repair center is not that far away..

Edit3: so after playing some time now wuth factory mode U thank that you would still need that OnePlus specual tool to recalibrate fp reader..Am I wrong?

Last edited:

FernBch

Did you debloat your phone? Check that the EngineeringMode.apk file is present in the system /app/EngineeringMode folder. This apk is essential to make factory mode work.
The app is there. Editing the config file causes it to FC on open when dialing the code, couldn't seem to get past that so I tried the module.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

dianoandr

Mar 2, 2017
Italy
OnePlus 7 Pro
The app is there. Editing the config file causes it to FC on open when dialing the code, couldn't seem to get past that so I tried the module.

I have already read about a similar problem on oneplus 7 pro, on that occasion they solved it using an old version of the EngineerMode.apk, the one available on apk mirror here. The original thread I am referring to can be found here.

FernBch

I have already read about a similar problem on oneplus 7 pro, on that occasion they solved it using an old version of the EngineerMode.apk, the one available on apk mirror here. The original thread I am referring to can be found here.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I've had the 1+8P for about 10 days so I'm still learning some of the secrets.

FernBch

*#808# is supposed to take you into "Factory Mode" aka manual test mode. I still haven't gotten past the FC issue.....

*#36446337# is for "Engineering Mode". From there you can also run factory mode but it still crashes....

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I should also add you can mess your phone up here. Proceed with extreme caution!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ugugx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIRST THING FIRST

EVEN IF YOUR PERSIST IS ALREADY BROKEN AND FINGERPRINT DOES NOT WORK.

BACK UP YOUR PERSIST.IMG BEFORE YOU PERFORM THIS GUIDE, IT IS SUPER EASY TO MESS UP YOUR CALIBRATIONS IN THIS MODE.

Code:
    [SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_app=true[/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_adb=true[/B][/SIZE]
    imei=*******************
    encrypt_log=true

Code:
    [SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_app=false[/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"][B]encrypt_adb=false[/B][/SIZE]
    imei=*******************
    encrypt_log=true

Main menu is *#808#
    Sorry not sure to understand the purpose?

You get all the factory settings for testing the phone including recalibration sensors, display, fp reader, etc.
    For FactoryMode unlock you can simple use my Magisk Module what I created on 7.5.2020

Works for every OnePlus device

https://download.android-freaks.de/dl/?dir=Miscellaneous/Magisk Modules (Android)
    There is no-root method to unlock FactoryMode.
    It needs to generate the unlock code from IMEI, so I created a website for that.
    adb shell su -c sed -i 's/true/false/g' /mnt/vendor/persist/engineermode/engineermode_config

that will unlock it ,with root
    Is it still working on 10.5.12 ?