[GUIDE] Unlock Phone / Recover IMEI

Search This thread

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
ATTENTION:
I'm sorry I have been busy in the past months and let my xda account unattended. I currently don't own this device anymore. Anyways if someone wants to take over this thread and expand the tutorial by adding a video or photos are welcomed.

Caution:
THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED FOR ADVANCE USERS. A BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED. I RECOMMEND DOING SOME READING BEFORE TRYING THIS OUT.

This guide is to recover the IMEI. This happens when the LG Communication Partition has been corrupted, or you have a locked handset example locked to AT&T or any other provider.
Corruption of the IMEI is caused with a bug with the original Froyo firmware. This is provided in an internal use only document from LG but I failed to find the source.
Please be aware that you are dealing with the phone internal hardware and you can really mess up things. Continue at your own risk.

Requirements:
• Latest LG support usb drivers from the LG support site.
• Stock Rom preferably gingerbread v20p.
• Compressed file provided in the attachment section
• TI Omap driver included (OMAPFlashInstaller.msi)
• Infineon Driver included (FlashUSB_x86_x64_Drivers)

Flashing the CP and removing the SIM LOCK
1. Extract the files to a folder
2. Install the OMAP driver (OMAPFlashInstaller.msi) and the Infineon driver (FlashUSB_x86_x64_Drivers)
3. Shutdown your phone and remove the battery. Wait 5 seconds and insert the battery again.
4. Press and hold the “VOL+” and connect the USB cable to the computer and then while holding the VOL+ press and hold the PWR button until it vibrates. The phone should not boot up.
5. Let the TI OMAP drivers install
6. Open Windows Enabler.exe and activate it by clicking on the icon next to the windows system time at the bottom right.
7. Open SmartFlash.exe
8. Under the “Normal D/L” tab double click “Erase entire CP” verify that the checkbox its selected (this will erase the IMEI and any GSM locks)
9. Click on START and wait until it finish
10. Remove the battery and place it again
11. Press and hold the “VOL+” and connect the USB cable to the computer and then while holding the VOL+ press and hold the PWR button until it vibrates. The phone should not boot up.
12. Go to “ROM copy D/L” tab
13. In the “CP bin” choose the file included in "LGP940_CP.rar" (included in attachments)
14. click “Erase entire CP” verify that the checkbox its selected
15. Click on START and wait until it finish
16. Remove the battery and place it again and power on your phone (Write down the IMEI number under the battery it will be used later)
17. Flash a gingerbread KDZ stock rom

IMPORTANT: Some users are having issues with restoring IMEIS using roms that are not supported. If you have a p925 use a p925 KDZ and if you have a p920 use the p920 KDZ

Restoring the IMEI deleted from the previous steps
1. Connect phone by USB
2. Activate USB debug mode
3. Enter 3845#*920# or 3845#*925# or 3845#*760# depending on your model
4. Select Port Settings -> Select CP Image Download
5. A new device should appear at let it install
6. Open Tutty and select serial protocol. Click on open
7. Type AT if response is not OK, change port number (it is possible that when typing you don’t see any letters)
8. Type at%imei, it should display a dummy IMEI
9. Type at%imei=x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x where x,x,x... is your orginal IMEI number (found under the battery of your phone). It should response IMEI WRITE OK
10. Reboot phone

Common Issues:
- On step 9 notice that there is no coma at the end of the 15 digit IMEI number.
- The COM Port connection closes rapidly on certain devices to avoid timeout errors I recommend doing copy paste specially on step 9 also to ensure that you are writing a correct IMEI
- To avoid issues ensure you use a good USB Cable, dont be cheap!!.
- If the device doesn't see the omap device on Windows Device Manager even after enabling show ghost devices on windows you have a faulty motherboard.
- If after selecting the "CP Image Download" mode you see a new com port and gets rapidly disconnected you have a faulty modem thus a faulty motherboard. (Don't know how to fix this, I have only seen this on one device)

DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE THANKS BUTTON

Thanks to IODAK

Attachments

• LGP940_CP.rar
    4.7 MB · Views: 22,840
Last edited:

vumanizer

May 28, 2012
I followed the first steps "flashing the CP" and it seemed to go ok. I thought my IMEI may have been corrupt and it completely wiped it out.
I then went on to restoring and I'm not sure if a new device installed as outlined in step 5. I opened tutty and selected serial protocol adjusted port setting to the only port that would accept commands and got error at step 8 when I tried to display IMEI. I thought this was probably ok since I thought that I had just wiped this file clean and that I need to input the # again ( as in step 9) for it to be displayed.
I assume that in step 10 reset means reboot.

I still wasn't able to restore the IMEI though.
As I am typing this I read over your instructions again and think that I did not separate each number with a comma. Possibly this is the reason I wasn't able to restore? Right now I can't try again because I'm a noob and I've bricked my phone.
Thanks for your detailed instructions though.

Reactions: HighxTech

slax81

Sep 3, 2009
You can't start over and try again? At least restoring part?
Restoring IMEI
1. Connect phone by USB
3. Enter 3845#*920# in dialer if that doesn’t work try 3845#*925#
7. Type AT if response is not OK, change port number (it is possible that when typing you don’t see any letters)
8. Type at%imei, it should display your current IMEI
9. Type at%imei=x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x , where x,x,x... is your orginal IMEI number
10. Reset

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
I followed the first steps "flashing the CP" and it seemed to go ok. I thought my IMEI may have been corrupt and it completely wiped it out.
I then went on to restoring and I'm not sure if a new device installed as outlined in step 5. I opened tutty and selected serial protocol adjusted port setting to the only port that would accept commands and got error at step 8 when I tried to display IMEI. I thought this was probably ok since I thought that I had just wiped this file clean and that I need to input the # again ( as in step 9) for it to be displayed.
I assume that in step 10 reset means reboot.

I still wasn't able to restore the IMEI though.
As I am typing this I read over your instructions again and think that I did not separate each number with a comma. Possibly this is the reason I wasn't able to restore? Right now I can't try again because I'm a noob and I've bricked my phone.
Thanks for your detailed instructions though.

what error did you got?
the phone shoud not brick. try flashing through KDZ and try all the steps again.

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
Restoring IMEI
1. Connect phone by USB
9. Type at%imei=x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x , where x,x,x... is your orginal IMEI number
10. Reset

Yes you can start again from the restoring imei part. If you get and error when you input the imei probably is because you are putting more digits than it should (imei = 15 digits)

Don't forget the thanks button!

zerocold256

Apr 16, 2008
im sorry but im new on android but i have the necessary experience with phones and flashing... i have a question dos this work on usb connection or it need a box for this...??? one more question could you please assist me with the "Infineon Driver included (FlashUSB_x86_x64_Drivers)" and "Stock from preferable gingerbread" i have LG 925g locked on roger with v20c...

thanks.

Reactions: candremdasilva

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
im sorry but im new on android but i have the necessary experience with phones and flashing... i have a question dos this work on usb connection or it need a box for this...??? one more question could you please assist me with the "Infineon Driver included (FlashUSB_x86_x64_Drivers)" and "Stock from preferable gingerbread" i have LG 925g locked on roger with v20c...

thanks.

this does not require any special cable or unlocking box, all the drivers are included in the attachments, stock rom in your case refers to v20c

ialv_88

Apr 18, 2011
Can i change mi imei forma another one?

Enviado desde mi Amazon Kindle Fire usando Tapatalk 2

bukor

Jun 18, 2009
Thank you for the tutorial, I got IMEI Write Ok but still my imei is not restored. I lost my imei while trying update 21e from froyo using smartflash.

renehd2

Nov 2, 2010
Androidpolis
hello, if i have a brand new lg optimus 3d from at&t, i want to unlock it to use it with other gsm company, if I use this method my phone will be sim unlocked??

thanks for the answer guys..!!

Last edited:

treijumate

Oct 2, 2008
i'm stucked at Restoring IMEI- point 5 A new device should appear at let it install. yes it appears but the driver is not installing to the end, it freezes. i try it on 5 computers and the same. thanks in advance

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
i'm stucked at Restoring IMEI- point 5 A new device should appear at let it install. yes it appears but the driver is not installing to the end, it freezes. i try it on 5 computers and the same. thanks in advance

try to use a 32 bit windows OS instead, If that does not work, try installing the driver manually from the windows Device Manager.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION:
    I'm sorry I have been busy in the past months and let my xda account unattended. I currently don't own this device anymore. Anyways if someone wants to take over this thread and expand the tutorial by adding a video or photos are welcomed.

Caution:
    THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED FOR ADVANCE USERS. A BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED. I RECOMMEND DOING SOME READING BEFORE TRYING THIS OUT.

This guide is to recover the IMEI. This happens when the LG Communication Partition has been corrupted, or you have a locked handset example locked to AT&T or any other provider.
    Corruption of the IMEI is caused with a bug with the original Froyo firmware. This is provided in an internal use only document from LG but I failed to find the source.
    Please be aware that you are dealing with the phone internal hardware and you can really mess up things. Continue at your own risk.

Requirements:
    • Latest LG support usb drivers from the LG support site.
    • Stock Rom preferably gingerbread v20p.
    • Compressed file provided in the attachment section
    • TI Omap driver included (OMAPFlashInstaller.msi)
    • Infineon Driver included (FlashUSB_x86_x64_Drivers)

Flashing the CP and removing the SIM LOCK
    1. Extract the files to a folder
    2. Install the OMAP driver (OMAPFlashInstaller.msi) and the Infineon driver (FlashUSB_x86_x64_Drivers)
    3. Shutdown your phone and remove the battery. Wait 5 seconds and insert the battery again.
    4. Press and hold the “VOL+” and connect the USB cable to the computer and then while holding the VOL+ press and hold the PWR button until it vibrates. The phone should not boot up.
    5. Let the TI OMAP drivers install
    6. Open Windows Enabler.exe and activate it by clicking on the icon next to the windows system time at the bottom right.
    7. Open SmartFlash.exe
    8. Under the “Normal D/L” tab double click “Erase entire CP” verify that the checkbox its selected (this will erase the IMEI and any GSM locks)
    9. Click on START and wait until it finish
    10. Remove the battery and place it again
    11. Press and hold the “VOL+” and connect the USB cable to the computer and then while holding the VOL+ press and hold the PWR button until it vibrates. The phone should not boot up.
    12. Go to “ROM copy D/L” tab
    13. In the “CP bin” choose the file included in "LGP940_CP.rar" (included in attachments)
    14. click “Erase entire CP” verify that the checkbox its selected
    15. Click on START and wait until it finish
    16. Remove the battery and place it again and power on your phone (Write down the IMEI number under the battery it will be used later)
    17. Flash a gingerbread KDZ stock rom

IMPORTANT: Some users are having issues with restoring IMEIS using roms that are not supported. If you have a p925 use a p925 KDZ and if you have a p920 use the p920 KDZ

Restoring the IMEI deleted from the previous steps
    1. Connect phone by USB
    3. Enter 3845#*920# or 3845#*925# or 3845#*760# depending on your model
    9. Type at%imei=x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x where x,x,x... is your orginal IMEI number (found under the battery of your phone). It should response IMEI WRITE OK
    10. Reboot phone

Common Issues:
    - On step 9 notice that there is no coma at the end of the 15 digit IMEI number.
    - The COM Port connection closes rapidly on certain devices to avoid timeout errors I recommend doing copy paste specially on step 9 also to ensure that you are writing a correct IMEI
    - To avoid issues ensure you use a good USB Cable, dont be cheap!!.
    - If the device doesn't see the omap device on Windows Device Manager even after enabling show ghost devices on windows you have a faulty motherboard.
    - If after selecting the "CP Image Download" mode you see a new com port and gets rapidly disconnected you have a faulty modem thus a faulty motherboard. (Don't know how to fix this, I have only seen this on one device)

Thanks to IODAK
    I've been trying everything and I still can't get the "AT%IMEI" command to work. I wonder if its a driver problem, although I've tried installing all sorts. Someone please help :(

Edit - got it fixed. I used the info provided by XBSA and had a play around as well. If you are on ICS404, the guide is a little different

1. Set phone to Settings > Connectivity > USB connection type > LG Software. Connect phone to PC by USB and let the drivers install. No need to download LG PC Suite
    3. Enter 3845#*760# in dialer
    4. Select Port Settings -> Select CP USB
    5. A new device should appear. Let it install
    9. Type at%imei=x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x where x,x,x... is your orginal IMEI number (found under the battery of your phone).
    It should response IMEI WRITE OK
    10. Reboot phone

Like most of these guides, so simple once you've done it but horrific when you can't figure it out. Such small details can make a huge difference if you're a bit n00bish

Also thanks to Pesach85 for being cool and responding to my PM so quickly
    Hi!

While trying to flash XBSA 404 (original) I had some problems with OMAP drivers and flash didn't finish sucessfully...

I have my IMEI but no MAC bor WIFI and Bluetooth...

In OP it says "recover MAC"... How???

thanks!!!

For wifi mac same procedure as for imei but use
    at%mac=
    For bt mac
    at%btad=

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda app-developers app
    Restoring IMEI
    1. Connect phone by USB
    10. Reset

Yes you can start again from the restoring imei part. If you get and error when you input the imei probably is because you are putting more digits than it should (imei = 15 digits)

Don't forget the thanks button!
    LG optimus p920

Restoring IMEI
    1. Connect phone by USB
    10. Reboot phone

OK I've completed all the previous step but stopped here
    When I enter my IMEI in Nutty it keep saying IMEI ERROR
    I'm pretty sure that I'm typing the digits correctly
    I've already restored my IMEI the problem is another IMEI SV is 00

Please could you respond to my request

Thanks in advance :angel:

Thanks to IODAK[/QUOTE]