Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
Help! I got this error below ...
----------------------------------------------
PS C:\adb> fastboot devices
eaaf29e6 fastboot
PS C:\adb> fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
C:\adb\fastboot.exe: unknown option -- disable-verity
PS C:\adb>
----------------------------------------------

I didn't flashed vbmeta, but what you need it's update your ADB.

CyZeeK

Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-02-19-52-11-83.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-02-19-52-11-83.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 107

eeeemc

Jan 12, 2011
Follow the instructions, those are clear

Hi, I'm going to look for realme 7 pro.
Unlock bootloader apk must need to wait for release against this model? Or any in-depth apk can do the job?

I know little bit rooting as I root all my Xiaomi phone since Xiaomi is there only easiest brand to root.....

Thank you!!

Felix Siahaan

Aug 1, 2017
Jakarta
Hi, I'm going to look for realme 7 pro.
Unlock bootloader apk must need to wait for release against this model? Or any in-depth apk can do the job?

I know little bit rooting as I root all my Xiaomi phone since Xiaomi is there only easiest brand to root.....

Thank you!!

You need to wait in-depth apk that suitable for realme 7 Pro to unlock bootloader.
I agree with you. Xiaomi is much easier to unlock bootloader than realme.
Xiaomi use one tool to unlock all their devices. All you have to do is wait for the hours in their unlock tool.
They also provide one flash tool for all.

neoxcool

Mar 20, 2017
After flashing vbmeta phone reboots to stock Recovery prompts to reflash stock firmware or power off. I just upgraded to A.33. lost twrp and root. Unable to root. had to reflash stock recovery and vbmeta to boot to system .... Did i miss something?

eeeemc

Jan 12, 2011
Why is that so silent in the forum on realme 7 pro, as well as I'm keen on the in-depth.apk to unlock bootloader........ Not even consider the next learning curve to the root procedures.

My purchase from India soon arrives me by DHL., cost me USD375 including the DHL from India to Hong Kong.

edmond

Felix Siahaan

Aug 1, 2017
Jakarta
After flashing vbmeta phone reboots to stock Recovery prompts to reflash stock firmware or power off. I just upgraded to A.33. lost twrp and root. Unable to root. had to reflash stock recovery and vbmeta to boot to system .... Did i miss something?

Try to flash original vbmeta from A.33 firmware.

Why is that so silent in the forum on realme 7 pro, as well as I'm keen on the in-depth.apk to unlock bootloader........ Not even consider the next learning curve to the root procedures.

My purchase from India soon arrives me by DHL., cost me USD375 including the DHL from India to Hong Kong.

edmond

Sorry to hear that. I think because it's a new phone and not everyone interested in unlocking bootloader.
And you need some time and wait for official in-depth for realme 7 Pro.

cihatnuroglu

Jun 29, 2015
the names folders at my storage sd in recovery mode are shown as numbers and letters ?? rom is not loading ? twrp sd card is not showing? help

Felix Siahaan

Aug 1, 2017
Jakarta
the names folders at my storage sd in recovery mode are shown as numbers and letters ?? rom is not loading ? twrp sd card is not showing? help

It because your device is encrypted. I have the same problem too.
I try to decrypt it, but still can't find a way.

For SD card not showing, it because the TWRP from this link didn't include SD card in TWRP source code, it only mount USB OTG. You can add a line into twrp.fstab file and mount SD card.

Code:
/external_sd   vfat    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1               /dev/block/mmcblk0     flags=display="Micro SD Card";storage;wipeingui;removable

cihatnuroglu

Jun 29, 2015
It because your device is encrypted. I have the same problem too.
I try to decrypt it, but still can't find a way.

For SD card not showing, it because the TWRP from this link didn't include SD card in TWRP source code, it only mount USB OTG. You can add a line into twrp.fstab file and mount SD card.

Code:
/external_sd   vfat    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1               /dev/block/mmcblk0     flags=display="Micro SD Card";storage;wipeingui;removable

will we add the line into the twrp.img file? or how do we do it?

Himanshu rahi

May 23, 2015
Hello,
Please tell me what I have done wrong here.
1) just clear, wiped my realme6 pro with no os installed.
2) now downlaoded stock rom (android 10) and extracted 'vbmeta.img' file.
3) now flashed stock rom.
4) using 'fastboot –disable-verity –disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img' command to flash vbmeta.img
5) then flashed twrp recovery.
6) again rebooted into recovery and flashed magisk23.0 zip,
7) now I don't know why after restarting am getting Safety net Api error and getting chrome crashing,.some browser are also crashing, not able to install any magisk module,
Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong here?
(Sorry for my bad English)
Thankyou

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void (or isn't ? who am I to judge ?) */

Finally, we got a shiny DeepTesting.apk that compatible with Realme 6 Pro.
    Thanks to @barakcodam for leaking it, and @Rizezky for providing a Google Drive mirror of it.

Disclaimer
    • This tutorial requires adb and fastboot installed on your computer. So, you should prepare it first. How to install them ? google it according to your os (Windows/Linux/BSD/Mac).
    • Unlocking bootloader will wipe your data, backup it first.
    • Due to Android 10 Dynamic Partition, there's no fully-working TWRP available yet. So the only way to root your phone is patching boot.img through Magisk Manager. You can grab boot.img from Flashable Stock ROM .ozip

Unlocking Bootloader

• download the deeptesting.apk for Realme 6 Pro : https://drive.google.com/file/d/16az-7SHoPyJhDIi4p4x7wj1cRUcsPwCM/view
    • open it and apply for in-depth test
    • Go to Developer options, enable OEM unlock and USB debugging
    • open In-depth test again and tap "Query verification status" on the top corner
    • tap "Start the in-depth test", and you'll will reboot to bootloader
    • on your computer, open cmd/terminal, and type :
      Code:
      fastboot flashing unlock
    • on your phone, select "yes". now your phone will reboot and data is being wiped, and you have unlocked bootloader.

Disabling Verified Boot

In order to boot a custom boot-partition (for magisk or custom kernel purposes) or custom recovery, you have to disable verified boot, otherwise you can't boot to the OS.

• download vbmeta.img in the attachment
    • on your computer, open cmd/terminal, and type :
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    • after entering fastboot, type :
      Code:
      fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    • Now you can flash your custom boot.img and it'll boot just fine.
    Once you get into bootloader following OP, verify "fastboot devices" command is working. If not, your device isn't recognized in fastboot. Open device manager and check.

adb and fast boot download

Unlock Bootloader Tutorial for realme 6 Pro (Android 10) from realme official forum

Steps to install magisk after unlocking bootloader and without installing twrp.
    Backup and factory data reset first.
    1. Grab .ozip (3.4G) from realme.com you should update to downloaded .ozip first. (copy .ozip file to your phone's external sd card, if something terrible happens, this might be useful.)
    2. Extract boot.img from .ozip, copy to your phone.
    3. Install magisk manager.
    4. Open magisk manager.
    5. Click install Magisk.
    6. Choose " Select and patch a file"
    7. Select copied boot.img.
    8. Copy patched boot.img to pc.
    9. Rename patched boot image to boot.img
    10. Flash patched boot.img

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (this will probably bootloop, if you dare you can skip this and try to reboot after flashing patched boot.img)

As for me bootloop occured and I tried the below steps.

If you get bootloop after flashing patched vbmeta.img, flash original vbmeta.img extracted from
    downloaded .ozip
    (It will be trickier to get into fastboot in bootloop, hold down volume down, once you enter fastboot quickly execute command before sudden reboot)

After successful boot, open magisk you will see magisk installed.
    What is your widevine level after that?
    L3 of course
    Stock boot image is around 65 mb in size. But patched_boot.img with magisk is only 13.2 mb in size. So will it cause any damage when flashing patched boot image?

No, that 65mb is size of the whole partition block, not the actual size of the whole files inside of it.
    If you try to manually unpack the boot.img, and then repack it, the size will go down to around that.