[GUIDE] [Unofficial BL Unlock] RN3 Pro & Pro SE [Flash the neccessary files only]

AlexCleric

May 4, 2015

Hi XDA members!

Today i present you my guide how to unofficially unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 3 Pro and RN3 Pro Special Edition phone with flashing the necessary files only. (Snapdragon only)

So let's start it!

1. Download the .rar from the attachment and extract it to C:\
  2. Enter Bootloader mode by pressing the Power button + Volume down simultaneously
  3. Connect your phone to PC with USB cable
  4. Enter EDL mode (Follow this tutorial by @emuzychenko HERE
  5. Start MiFlash
  6. Select the folder you extracted (C:\RN3_unlockblonly)
  7. Press refresh to see your phone connected
  8. Press Flash and wait for a few seconds
  9. Voila... Done :good:

Have a nice day!

Attachments

Last edited:

mstaahiri

May 25, 2014
Bareilly
Working fine.... For me...

Thank you so muchhh....
Nice working... I'm using lattest kenzo global developer rom 7.2.24.... Smoothly and faster work OF UNLOCKED bootloader all tricks still now...you can your much time save using this thread... Thank again.... Sorry for my broken english..., :)

dustmalik

Feb 8, 2017
Thank you so muchhh....
Nice working... I'm using lattest kenzo global developer rom 7.2.24.... Smoothly and faster work OF UNLOCKED bootloader all tricks still now...you can your much time save using this thread... Thank again.... Sorry for my broken english..., :)
Are you confirming that this also works on Kenzo device?

AlexCleric

May 4, 2015
Thanks for confirming that this guide also work on kenzo devices.
I edited the thread title and the guide. I added the kenzo variant to the tutorial.

Reactions: aha360

Jaskirat singh

Jun 27, 2013
Works for all versions of miui?
I mean long ago i unlocked bootloader unofficial way by flashing emmc file but that method was for miui7.
Please little explanation what it actually it is.

Reactions: Kev Mac

AlexCleric

May 4, 2015
Works for all versions of miui?
I mean long ago i unlocked bootloader unofficial way by flashing emmc file but that method was for miui7.
Please little explanation what it actually it is.
Sorry, but I don't know. I tried it with MIUI 8 and it worked. If you try it and confirm if it works then tell me.

petrapas

Jan 24, 2013
So when I want to flash a Custom Rom like LineageOS 13 or 14

1. I just have to flash a TWRP on the Note 3 Pro and then
2. flash the ROM
3. (maybe) flash SuperSU?

Since this method of unlocking is an unofficial one does one have to flash the special TWRP when one wants to flash a MIUI based ROM?

Thx for the work.

AlexCleric

May 4, 2015
Amazing
Could you do it with other Redmi phone aswell, or It is very complicated?
Maybe i can do it but then I need the firmware for the specified phone etc...
I don't really want to start projects with phones that I don't own because i need to test if it works etc... and i don't want to brick other people's phones by my own fault.
I hope you understand. :)

Since this method of unlocking is an unofficial one does one have to flash the special TWRP when one wants to flash a MIUI based ROM?
Yes. You need a special TWRP if you unlocked your bootloader unofficially. For example I always use ZCX TWRP. I can flash any ROM without problem. And if I get stuck at MI logo because my bootloader relocked then I just flash the files with MiFlash and after everything works fine.

Last edited:

hgaaditya

Sep 23, 2013
Bangalore
If I use this method and install any other rom now. Can I revert back and officially unlock my bootloader in the future? And also will unofficially unlocking cause any problems/hindrance to frequent ROM, Kernel flashing???( As in having to do some special step like replacing some img file everytime I flash a ROM through TWRP???)

TIA

AlexCleric

May 4, 2015
If I use this method and install any other rom now. Can I revert back and officially unlock my bootloader in the future? And also will unofficially unlocking cause any problems/hindrance to frequent ROM, Kernel flashing???( As in having to do some special step like replacing some img file everytime I flash a ROM through TWRP???)

TIA
You can easily revert back to stock with flashing an official firmware through MiFlash.
The unofficial unlock doesn't cause any problems. It's just like if you unlocked officially. Maybe you need to reflash this pack everytime you update or install a new rom... I'm not sure but you'll see it anyway.

Reactions: hgaaditya

315phatboi

Jan 4, 2011
new york
I tried it and now my phone is hard bricked......... phone doesn't boot up, doesn't get recognized on the pc and when plug the phone in all I get is a blinking red light.... wont go into fastboot or edl mood..... can I get help or is there anything I can do to fix it????

Jaskirat singh

Jun 27, 2013
I tried it and now my phone is hard bricked......... phone doesn't boot up, doesn't get recognized on the pc and when plug the phone in all I get is a blinking red light.... wont go into fastboot or edl mood..... can I get help or is there anything I can do to fix it????
On which device you tried? (kenzo, kate?)
Press all three buttons (vol up+down +power) it will force reboot the phone and when phone reboots immediately try to boot in fastboot

AlexCleric

May 4, 2015
I think you did something wrong... It's impossible to hardbrick your phone with this method if you follow my instructions... It's working sure on Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon version with MIUI 8.