[GUIDE] [Unofficial BL Unlock] RN3 Pro & Pro SE [Flash the neccessary files only]

Search This thread

qewlpal

May 30, 2017
Hi everyone
i tried this guide but after flashing completion my phone went to dye! it is totally bricked...
my phone (sd, kenzo) doesn't show any reaction by holding any buttons but red notification led (when is pluged to pc)

can anyone help me? there are no way to flash it without going to fastboot?

I am facing the exact issue. Can anyone please help ?

Followed the procedure exactly,
went into fastboot
installed drivers
ran fastboot_edl
opened MiFlash tool - gave path C:\RN3_unblockblonly
refresh and flash
got success message.

removed from USB and tried to start the phone, and now getting red blinking light when connected to USB

adb reboot bootloader, adb reboot edl etc not working
fastboot throwing error
<waiting for device>

Please Help.

My Device: Redmi Note 3 SD (Kenzo) - Device Encrypted on Global Stable 8.0.6.0 at the time of doing this.

UPDATE: I managed to solve the issue, by Deep Flashing using copper wire shorting of 2nd pin of USB method and flashing official Fastboot ROM for kenzo.

Last edited:

vaseto96

Nov 13, 2014
my device is unlocked but it's on lolipop bootloader, so i cant flash newer roms. Can i flash that to update it basically or that would brick it.

qewlpal

May 30, 2017
Unbrick from 900E to 9008

I followed these two guides to fix (Diagnostics 900E in device manager, with redlight blinking):

thread-274589-1-1.html in MIUI forums
watch?v=xFeNSj3ngXY in Youtube

I DID NOT WANT to open back panel of my phone. Also I didn't have a Deep Flash Cable with me.

In the video, it is NOT necessary to pull the wire while connecting as shown; after connecting for 10 seconds, just remove the USB connection, pull out the copper wire and connect to PC again, it worked.

MOST IMPORTANT: The copper wire should be touching only the 2nd (Data+) pin, and nothing else, otherwise motherboard could be roasted.

I spent around 10-15 min, just making sure the wire is thin and connecting ONLY to that pin.

Anyway, if you have a Deep Flash Cable, you should use that.

If successful, you hear a sound in Windows, and can check the status changed in Device manager from 900E to 9008

Then,

FIRST you should flash official Fastboot Stable ROM (V8.2.4.0) with unlocked emmc file, in the images folder.

SECOND, refresh MIFlash Tool to see a serial no, and not COM, then replace the original emmc back and flash it again, it brought back my Kenzo.

I gave rough instructions, you should go through the above links.

Sep 5, 2015
So I did use your files but i ran into an issue, on booting device the phone was asking a password which was different from my mi account password or phone password so i took emmc file from other source and then unlocked it it worked great.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

when i install custom roms, aosp, etc the twrp give me error and i cant install, updater proccess ended with error 7. WHAT HAPPEN PLEASE!!!
Hey there this issue is because of the wrong emmc file google it and get another emmc unlocked file for redmi note 3 and replace in the unlockbootloader file you just downloaded frome here flash it. Then go to fastboot mode and type fastboot oem unlock-go
This will unlock your bootloader then use any recovery and it will work.

sibikallikkat

Feb 28, 2013
My RN3 Kenzo was successfully unlocked with this method but I lost touch.
Touch was not working after the flash.
I had to reflash fastboot rom via edl mode . Now touch works fine.
So Beware

pankajvg

Sep 23, 2006
Bangalore
does this work with Mui 8.2.4 Kenzo (snapdragon)?

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

does this work with Mui 8.2.4 Kenzo (snapdragon)?

Tried and it works perfectly , now Install twrp .
for peopel getting error 7 , make sure you use firmware -miui_HMNote3ProGlobal_7.5.4_Firmware get the unlocked one & thats it..

tomsonmathewv

Feb 3, 2016
I haven't tried with 8.5...
I have done with fresh flash so can't comment on data loss...
But ideally whenever you do BL data is lost , so be cautious...
I am using Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon Version). Is this file works for it? Can u gave me the exact link to the flash file.

I got permission for unlocking the bootloader. But not able to add account in OEM unlock (in setting->Developer Options). Is there any problem while i unlock with this file?

Last edited:

Danoz88

Mar 14, 2016
Any idea why it doesnt work for my redmi note 3 pro kate? The flash with XiaoMiFlash succeeded but when I boot into fastboot and check my unlock state its still false. Same on developer options, its still locked

EDIT: Problem solved. Thanks for this unlock!

Last edited:
G

GuestK00182

Not working on Kenzo with MIUI 8.5.2.0 or 7.7.13. The bootloader still locked.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00182

issue i am having is that after unbricking this kate version and flashing latest V8.1.3.0 global MIUI i cannot get this device recognised in device manager,,,it just refuses to connect to any ADB or normal drivers...tried using Mi PC suite but it refuses to connect to that as well...have googled for hours without success for an answer...can anybody here help with this issue please...god these phones are a nightmare...they used to be so good..... : (

UPDATE: so managed to get everything done like in the OP....but...fastboot oem device-info and my bootloader is still false not sure what to do now some help would be appreciated

UPDATE 2.0 : so finally managed to get this bloody nightmare unlocked so for anyone reading this who is having the same problem that i am with this method not working and the bootloader showing false simply follow the steps in the OP afterwards boot into fastboot open android SDK if you have it installed open a command window and type

fastboot devices (press enter)

wait for the device to be recognised
next type

fastboot oem unlock-go (press enter)

your device should now reboot/factory reset wiping all of your data once the device has booted,(please be patient takes around 5-10 mins),enable developer options and usb debugging,boot into fastboot mode again and open another command prompt window in android SDK again type

wait for device to be recognised
next type

fastboot oem device-info (press enter)

now you should see your device showing unlock TRUE all done profit

Thank you very much! Now works! :highfive:

badaboomBURP

Dec 4, 2015
Hey I've tried this method but after flash success the phone just stuck in edl(?) with red light flashing, holding buttons doesn't work, is my phone bricked or just stuck in edl? the phone was recognized as 900e on device manager
please help I need my phone for work. thanks

Also my I think I have shop-rom I haven't changed rom ever since I bought it and when check for MIUI update theres no update on the phone yesterday

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -sV_okxCrQBHkCSlhMkB00vlRak7DpPrpw2jlOKjI9nQtozRfoQpXVvypWgV8BDk935dxYvlubIxWiEwIbl1jejJSCb0tsZrthqhiNLIln9tYiqDv7PaxDhaG7NCT4vrNB9xKcQGAZXqwP0c88Bb5R4QnaXO6GmXKbWj0jRI30WKIfOXPZYRz2QU1XilAvqimV5yGCG0eA6H505fTZYOXq3PflwUAHSbv1gS4cXp6iF6sQsrGz6YPuYlJ_kO-7TNvN95Xy1sP67hv7331b697jcpiUxqdhwoEpBGb1KT-q_vVjYlnYXGYnSQ2lIvCVYaQmMbzV2PZBjeNFqvYjrlGjfNh0HBRNnLgYIZSClH6O19T2LaKIyb37rMb9LiXgWloHgZKidFG4mDMkXO_2m_qEaRffiqO0vYaeIH_2LMeKSoSjKzkAI-g1dxZ5owmbkGaRhivXHk6Qcs2uDzf_OYVZgi8H0WLHbjw9YH1XCaz6WwjClYJc3-tPCKX-lV5CBS1Yg8JWnDUjdD1jRmW-cI5CyYBXrzIevuvVeZI2djLPnypJ8AEwoj2UbOtBfLjap6wSAx2eO371Zx4V3k4sPhZ9WreBcoDDQxZue7iqLo-Rv-NKLROCIt=w1152-h648-no

Hi XDA members!

Today i present you my guide how to unofficially unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 3 Pro and RN3 Pro Special Edition phone with flashing the necessary files only. (Snapdragon only)

So let's start it!

1. Download the .rar from the attachment and extract it to C:\
    2. Enter Bootloader mode by pressing the Power button + Volume down simultaneously
    3. Connect your phone to PC with USB cable
    4. Enter EDL mode (Follow this tutorial by @emuzychenko HERE
    5. Start MiFlash
    6. Select the folder you extracted (C:\RN3_unlockblonly)
    7. Press refresh to see your phone connected
    8. Press Flash and wait for a few seconds
    9. Voila... Done :good:

Have a nice day!
    issue i am having is that after unbricking this kate version and flashing latest V8.1.3.0 global MIUI i cannot get this device recognised in device manager,,,it just refuses to connect to any ADB or normal drivers...tried using Mi PC suite but it refuses to connect to that as well...have googled for hours without success for an answer...can anybody here help with this issue please...god these phones are a nightmare...they used to be so good..... : (

UPDATE: so managed to get everything done like in the OP....but...fastboot oem device-info and my bootloader is still false not sure what to do now some help would be appreciated

UPDATE 2.0 : so finally managed to get this bloody nightmare unlocked so for anyone reading this who is having the same problem that i am with this method not working and the bootloader showing false simply follow the steps in the OP afterwards boot into fastboot open android SDK if you have it installed open a command window and type

wait for the device to be recognised
    next type

fastboot oem unlock-go (press enter)

your device should now reboot/factory reset wiping all of your data once the device has booted,(please be patient takes around 5-10 mins),enable developer options and usb debugging,boot into fastboot mode again and open another command prompt window in android SDK again type

wait for device to be recognised
    next type

fastboot oem device-info (press enter)

now you should see your device showing unlock TRUE all done profit
    Is this for Snapdragon version?

Yes, it's for the Snapdragon version, but the Special edition variant, also known as Kate.
    Working fine.... For me...

Thank you so muchhh....
    Nice working... I'm using lattest kenzo global developer rom 7.2.24.... Smoothly and faster work OF UNLOCKED bootloader all tricks still now...you can your much time save using this thread... Thank again.... Sorry for my broken english..., :)
    I don't know what it is for, but the choice is in miflash
    It relocks the bootloader again
    Never select it if you want your bootloader unlocked.
    Read how things work before doing anything.
    Have a fastboot ROM in hand if your device is bricked you can recover.
    Read the threads about unlocking( officially/unofficially), installing custom recoveries and other