• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Guide Update OTA Pie V29A V300SLK - H933 - H930 - H930DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it against the rules to sell stuff on XDA forums? Isn't that what OP is doing? The Pie beta files are locked behind Google Drive and require a permission. Tf?

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
He bought it for $10 each so $5 is reasonable. Don't buy it if u can't afford it.

LOL. Whether I can afford it or not is NOT the point. Read the forum rules.

The buying, selling, trading and / or exchanging of any item is now prohibited on XDA, in any forum or via Private Messages.

Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling.

Get it?

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

cascabel

May 27, 2012
a city in a galaxy far far away
Well the 1 guy who did flash it is complaining he can't revert to official ROM and get root back.
Yeah. And he was warned. A dev explicitly said it was dangerous and that precautions were needed. It sucks he has to probably wait for official Pie, but that's not anyone's fault but his. I'd love to try this out but I'm not familiar with patching the dll so I'm gonna hold off until i know how to do it right. Doesn't mean i won't flash it - just need to take precautions.

Reactions: jericho246

xionbunny

Dec 24, 2010
Well the 1 guy who did flash it is complaining he can't revert to official ROM and get root back.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs

Their fault for not knowing better and assuming, since this isn't even out officially, that it wouldn't be ready for root, and or have some issues with the fact its a stock beta, also adding to the fact that none of the main devs here have made a lg up dll for it since they all haven't gotten dumps from someone who has installed it fully.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Yeah. And he was warned. A dev explicitly said it was dangerous and that precautions were needed. It sucks he has to probably wait for official Pie, but that's not anyone's fault but his. I'd love to try this out but I'm not familiar with patching the dll so I'm gonna hold off until i know how to do it right. Doesn't mean i won't flash it - just need to take precautions.

Exactly, also people just need to you know READ, before thy rush to flash something.. go in with caution always.

Reactions: cascabel

BROKEN1981

Dec 27, 2013
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I'm holding off on PIE do to it breaking the quad dac. Honestly, I'm on the fence with LG. I would really hate to lose the 1 mod I actually like. Google framework. I like the Google dialer.

As far as using a dac, Amazon sells the USB-C add-on. What I would never do is buy a device that has no SD card slot. So i would only need a device that can gain root with SD card support. Don't need the headphone jack.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I got my OP7Pro yesterday, and it is way more awesome than I imagined. Unfortunately the dev scene is saturated. There was literally nothing that I wanted that wasn't already available. So, development is my hobby, so I will keep my v30 and help out around here (well if I don't brick it trying to apply this diff - lol).

That actually works out pretty good since I will use the OP7 as my DD, I can do risky things on the V30 ;)

If this can be applied, expect a zip Monday. If it cant, we will have a definitive answer.

-- Brian
    Mod edit:

XDA Forum Rules

7. Do not sell or trade on the forums.

If you wish to advertise a product, simply contact us. We can provide ads but you are not permitted to just post it in the forums. If you do, it will be removed and you're likely to receive a ban.
    The buying, selling, trading and / or exchanging of any item is now prohibited on XDA, in any forum or via Private Messages. We now use www.swappa.com

8. Donations.

As a user, you're allowed to ask for donations in your signature as a thank you for your hard work, however donations up front are not allowed. This forum is about sharing and not about getting paid to do something... that is what your job is for.
    I am grabbing the H93320i to H93328a .up file (since I can actually test that) and I will make a flashable zip. If it works I will do the same for the other two.

OTA .up files are combination BSDIFF and IMGDIFF files, so you have to use applypatch to the version that the update was generated against. In this case they made the diff against 20i.

EDIT: alternatively if you are stock (and very f**king brave) you can flash the .up from from LG UP. There is an option that says something about OTA update (you will know because it will only let you pick a .up file). If you go that route, you MUST be bone stock, and there is always the chance that it increments ARB and you are then stuck -- so you might want to wait ;)

-- Brian
    Your bravery is appreciated, Brian. ;)

Well I am done fighting with this. I ran into the same problem with an H932 update that I couldn't get to apply, but it was only to boot -- so I was able to release a ROM with an older boot until a KDZ was released.

This time I can't get it to apply to ANY of the partitions. I can only guess that even though it SAYS that it was for 20i, it is for some other version -- or some internal test version of 20i (IE: uses the test keys -- which would be enough to make all the SHA hashes fail).

So -- my OP7Pro will be here tomorrow. Once I get it setup, and don't need my V30 anymore, I will install H93320i and then flash the .up with LG UP. If I am right about it being a different version then this will fail, but at least we will know. If on the other hand, my patch tools are just out of date, then I will dump the relevant partitions and make a zip. I will then do the same for the V300S and V300L if it works for the H933. I wasn't able to get any info out of the .up file, so I will be going into this in the dark as far as ARB goes. If it increments ARB, then I will have a V30 that is pretty much useless since I won't be able to flash back / root again. All in the name of science :)

-- Brian