[Guide] Update Rooted (Magisk) Motorola Device
This is a General Motorola Guide
If you need more help Please create a thread in your device's forum.
Mention me by Posting "@sd_shadow" I'll help you as much as I can...
- Android SDK Platform Tools (ADB,Fastboot.exe)
- Stock Motorola Firmware A good source is https://t.me/MotoUpdatesTracker
- Download the stock firmware for your device.
- unzip find the servicefile.xml open it with a Text editor, Like Notepad++
- Copy the code, and paste @ https://kfhost.net/flashfile
- you get a list of flash commands.
I usually just copy the files from platform-tools folder to the firmware folder
I also place a copy of cmd.exe in the firmware folder
With Minor updates, the old boot.img is the same as the new one.
Skip or remove these commands (you may not have a recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img
With big updates the boot.img will need to be repatched
Run all the Flash commands
Reroot using the method used before.
or see Magisk Non-Twrp root Method
Guide: Using Fastboot.exe with Motorola Devices If your device has its own section please post in that section. You can ping me with @sd_shadow MediaTek or Qualcomm Chip? Do I have a MediaTek Device? see post #26 Info: If you have a MediaTek...