• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE][UPDATED]Kali NetHunter on Mi 9T Pro / K20 Pro (wlan0 monitor mode working!)

How much would you like a portable pen testing K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro?

• Total voters
Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
No. It's for Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro / Redmi K20 Pro. A Redmi 9T isn't a Mi 9T Pro.
Don't know about A11 now but during the summer 2020 I installed Kali with no problem to Mi 9T/davinci (MIUI 11 / A 10 at that time). It was documented here (pages 4, 5) and.another thread (probably under Mi 9T XDA forum)

Last edited:

r.mutt

Jul 1, 2016
Don't know about A11 now but during the summer 2020 I installed Kali with no problem to Mi 9T/davinci (MIUI 11 / A 10 at that time). It was documented here (pages 4, 5) and.another thread (probably under Mi 9T XDA forum)

Mi 9T/Redmi K20 is officially supported by Nethunter. But Mi 9T/Redmi K20 is neither Redmi 9T nor Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro.

Reactions: zgfg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:

You can read on your own in the official site: https://www.kali.org/kali-linux-nethunter/
    Basically, this installation allows you to run the official Kali Linux, a Debian-derived Linux distribution designed for digital forensics and penetration testing, over Android. It should work fine also for Xiaomi Mi9T/Redmi K20 as well as for any other Android devices, but I share it for our device because I've tested it before and I would like to guide you through some device specific(I believe) issues I faced during the process...

Disclaimer:

Before we start, I would like you to know that if you follow my guide, you get yourself in the risk of possibly bricking your device, so I'm not responsible for any bad consequences... Proceed at your own risk!

BEFORE EVERYTHING:

INSTALL BUSYBOX (magisk repository is recommended)

Process:

1. Install nethunter app & nethunter terminal app from Nethunter App Store.
    2. Open nethunter app and navigate to Kali Chroot Manager.
    3. Install latest chroot (minimal or full).
    4. When the installation is finished, click start chroot.
    5. After that, DO NOT choose to install Kali Metapackages and close the app!
    6. After, open Nethunter Terminal and choose "Kali"
    7. Now, type in the commands:
    a) apt-get update
    b) apt-get updgrade
    c) apt-get dist-upgrade
    8. Done! Enjoy some Pen-Testing!!!

Notes:

1) MONITOR MODE WORKING FOR THE INTERNAL WI-FI CARD for stock MIUI kernel and any other kernels you can achieve it by testing,
    BUT PACKET INJECTION ISN'T WORKING!!!
    (check custom commands)

2) HID attacks are working but you should first change the device USB function to "hid", through the Nethunter app, on USB Arsenal section.

3) As for EXTERNAL WI-FI ADAPTERS support, a custom kernel is required specifically for that purpose.
    (Take a look at this thread) or you can join a maintainer's telegram group who's making one: https://t.me/K20pro_nethunter
    monitoring mode works. but wifite does not capture the handshake. :crying:

That's because the internal wifi chip doesn't support injection (which means you can't kick users out of their wifi so that they reconnect and you can capture the handshake). Sadly there is nothing that can be done about this. You can still use wifite with the --no-deauth option though it will only capture the handshake if anyone happens to connect at that time or just use a USB Wifi Adapter which is the best option
    Hello everyone, I managed to make a fully working Nethunter kernel. Please check it out if you can
    Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/development/nethunter-kernel-immensity-kernel-t4143209
    penetration

No sir, it's no nut November :silly:

I'll take that as a "thanks"?

Mi 9T/Redmi K20 is officially supported by Nethunter. But Mi 9T/Redmi K20 is neither Redmi 9T nor Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro.