[GUIDE][UPDATED] Unlocking JioFi 3 JMR540 & JMR541 for all networks

Search This thread

Susamay

Aug 19, 2013
Murshidabad
fastboot oem unlock-go
This says OEM unlock is not allowed, can somehow developer mode be accessed manually where we can turn on oem unlock? Just saying

Last edited:

Susamay

Aug 19, 2013
Murshidabad
Please tell me the whole process of shell access
You're not follwing the thread, the sole purpose of this 'unlocking simlock' was only to unlock the simlock, not modifying 'Jio4G Voice Call APK' app modification (lol) and making it available for vodafone and airtel and bsnl and all the other networks, or getting shell access and changing it's bandwith or using it as a wifi extender or attaching a camera and using it as CCTV camera and etc etc.
Yes, all those things (except modifying jiocall apk) are possible (as the developer said) but somebody needs to work on those things to make it work but clearly he said he has no time for all of these and he's not getting anything out of this. So, as of now your only option to use it as a unlocked 4G Hotspot and nothing else.

Reactions: abhimortal6

MKSXDA

Oct 24, 2021
You're not follwing the thread, the sole purpose of this 'unlocking simlock' was only to unlock the simlock, not modifying 'Jio4G Voice Call APK' app modification (lol) and making it available for vodafone and airtel and bsnl and all the other networks, or getting shell access and changing it's bandwith or using it as a wifi extender or attaching a camera and using it as CCTV camera and etc etc.
Yes, all those things (except modifying jiocall apk) are possible (as the developer said) but somebody needs to work on those things to make it work but clearly he said he has no time for all of these and he's not getting anything out of this. So, as of now your only option to use it as a unlocked 4G Hotspot and nothing else.
If ( Modifying jiocall apk) is possible then please Modify it . It a Request and make it available for Download the Modifyied jiocall apk

panisaaa

Nov 2, 2021
Hi, I installed ADB driver on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 in several times .Unfortunately it does not recognize the ADB driver in the device manager
What should I do?
model JMR541

Last edited:

panisaaa

Nov 2, 2021
HI one question About a month ago my modem was automatically upgraded to the hacked firmware but unfortunately I accidentally selected "restore to original firmware" option and it reverted back to the original locked firmware.
How can I change the firmware back to the hacked version? If I wait will it be upgrade itself to the hacked firmware?

HI one question About a month ago my modem was automatically upgraded to the hacked firmware but unfortunately I accidentally selected "restore to original firmware" option and it reverted back to the original locked firmware.
How can I change the firmware back to the hacked version? If I wait will it be upgrade itself to the hacked firmware?
No you have to flash modified firmware again, but before that check your current FW version if it is 3.20 then you cannot flash modified FW

Reactions: panisaaa

mr.aftab2604

Nov 3, 2021
Unlocked Firmware for JioFi 3 JMR540 & JMR541

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Use this firmware at your own risk
Post is for educational purpose only.

ONLY FOR JMR 540 & JMR 541

I was able to dump and reverse engineer JioFi 3's firmware to see if I can unlock the SIM restrictions. JioFi 3 is designed by Foxconn it uses generic firmware. Unlocking took time though. Tested with Vi, Airtel.

UPDATE 17-10-21: Jio pushed a firmware update which is locking boot loader. If your device is not updated yet it is advised to re-flash your firmware with patched image given below which basically disables auto updates. If you're already locked out, currently there's no easy fix for that.

If you haven't used your device from a long time or you're still on lower or equal version than below it is advised not to use JioFi with SIM, flash this firmware first if you want to test SIM unlock.

Guide

Make sure you're on same or lower firmware version
  • JMR 540 - FXN_JMR540_R6.16
  • JMR 541 - FXN_JMR541_R3.10
If not please use the device for sometime it'll autoupdate.

1. Locate your device model and download the respective Firmware and extract it to a known location

2. Install drivers and tools (skip if already installed)

• Install Fastboot drivers ( google it for mac and linux it's easy to find)
  • Install Fastboot ( google it for mac and linux it's easy to find)

3. Prepare device

• Remove battery from JioFi 3
  • Locate reset pin hole button
  • Lay down JioFi 3
  • Use Paper Clip / SIM Ejector Tool to press button inside (using sharp object is not recommended)
  • Keep pressing button down and insert USB cable
  • Release button as soon as all the LEDs in Display turns RED. This means device is in boot loader mode

4. Flashing Unlocked Firmware

• Open adb and fastboot tools terminal
  • Enter following to check if device is connected

• fastboot devices

• It will return something like this
  • baxxxxx fastboot

• This means device is connected. If your device doesn't show up here please check drivers in Device manager
  • Now first erase the system partition

• fastboot erase system

• erasing 'system'... OKAY [ 1.104s] finished. total time: 1.105s

• Now flash the firmware
  • fastboot flash system "D:\system.img" ( replace path )

• It should return something like this
  • sending 'system' (34306 KB)... OKAY [ 1.276s] writing 'system'... OKAY [ 9.462s] finished. total time: 10.741s

• Now send reboot command to device
  • fastboot reboot

• You'll notice device will reboot normally now you can unplug the cable.

Congratulations your device is now unlocked and you can reinsert battery and another SIM for testing.

Firmware will take long time than usual to boot do not panic.

4. Changing APN
  • Insert SIM connect with JioFi 3 wait it to intialize
  • Open Web UI from browser (http://jiofi.local.html/)
  • Now login (default username/pwd is administrator/administrator)
  • In Network Tab you'll find setting for changing APN
  • Put it on manual and enter "internet" as APN (without quotes)
  • Hit apply/save device will reboot again automatically and it'll auto connect
  • Just wait patience is the key here it'll connect.

If something goes WRONG or you want to UNDO you can re flash original firmware which is provided in this post.

Original backup

FAQs

1. Q. My device is not visible in fastboot devices
    A. Confirm driver installation a faulty cable can also be the issue.
  2. Q. Everything went well but still no changes in dashboard
    A. After successful flash if you still don't see the changes your device is probably booting from recovery partition. Try flashing recovery partition by
    fastboot erase recoveryfs
    fastboot flash recoveryfs "D:\system.img"

3. Q. After resetting device from pin hole button it shows INVALID SIM.
    A. This is supposed to happen just reboot the device it'll work again.
  4. Q. Can I undo all this and get back to original firmware
    A. Yes just flash the original firmware provided in post and reset the device.
  5. Q. I 'accidentally' flashed my recovery and boot partition
    A. Well accidentally I've backed up recovery and boot download from below

JMR540_boot_recovery.rar
    2. JMR541_boot_recovery.rar
  6. Q. FAILED: (remote: Image is locked) issue while erasing/flashing image
    A. Jio recently pushed an firmware update which re-locks simlock and bootloader which basically means you can't flash unsigned/custom firmware. Currently there is no fix.

Mentions:
Thanks to
Karuppusamy for testing it on JMR541.

What about JioFi 2, 4, 5, 6?
Reverse Engineering takes lot of time and coffee. Until I get physical access to device I won't be able to unlock it. I'm constantly searching them on OLX as soon as I get hands on I'll surely try to RE and unlock it. I'll update the same here if there is no update here at the time of your reading then I haven't got the device yet so please don't spam for update hope you understand that I don't get anything by doing these things, I do it for liberation of locked hardware to meet it's real destiny and of course for the people. I also have a day job so no I cannot guide or teach you, hope you understand why.

Brother, my device has aito updated to latest update pushed by jio......... and now i cant unlock it, it says "FAILED REMOTE IMAGE IS LOCKED" as u mentioned there is no easy way ... out there ......... do we have a hard way to do it......... eagerly waiting for an update from you....... thanks a lot for all your efforts!!!!!​

panisaaa

Nov 2, 2021
my problem
I installed ADB driver and fastboot on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 in several times .Unfortunately it does not recognize the ADB driver in the device manager
What should I do?

panisaaa

Nov 2, 2021
What can I do to solve this problem?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

panisaaa

Nov 2, 2021
Use google platform tools. Download from Here. Extract it to D drive and copy extracted location path.
Add this path in Environment Variable -> System variable ->Path.
Then it will detect in fastboot.
Always open CMD from Platform tools folder.
Fastboot resolved but now
my V FW 3.16 but
fastboot erase system
my problem error image is locked :cry:
I posted a photo in the previous post and the others have the same problem

FAQs 6 See said

1. Q. FAILED: (remote: Image is locked) issue while erasing/flashing image

2. A. Jio recently pushed an firmware update which re-locks simlock and bootloader which basically means you can't flash unsigned/custom firmware. Currently there is no fix.
We are waiting for them to provide a future solution to this common problem
Now my device does not have an antenna for two months
Thank you very much for finding a solution

Last edited:

panisaaa

Nov 2, 2021
We're in same boat bro. I've Jiofi 3 JMR540 with firmware version R6.20.
I'm also getting same error FAILED (remote: Image is locked) and I'm also looking solution for this. 🤞🤞
my device JMR541 FW V R3.16 ok
Is there any hope that they will solve this problem in the future and let us know in the forum?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocked Firmware for JioFi 3 JMR540 & JMR541

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
    Use this firmware at your own risk
    Post is for educational purpose only.

ONLY FOR JMR 540 & JMR 541

I was able to dump and reverse engineer JioFi 3's firmware to see if I can unlock the SIM restrictions. JioFi 3 is designed by Foxconn it uses generic firmware. Unlocking took time though. Tested with Vi, Airtel.

UPDATE 17-10-21: Jio pushed a firmware update which is locking boot loader. If your device is not updated yet it is advised to re-flash your firmware with patched image given below which basically disables auto updates. If you're already locked out, currently there's no easy fix for that.

If you haven't used your device from a long time or you're still on lower or equal version than below it is advised not to use JioFi with SIM, flash this firmware first if you want to test SIM unlock.

Guide

Make sure you're on same or lower firmware version
    • JMR 540 - FXN_JMR540_R6.16
    • JMR 541 - FXN_JMR541_R3.10

1. Locate your device model and download the respective Firmware and extract it to a known location

2. Install drivers and tools (skip if already installed)

• Install Fastboot drivers ( google it for mac and linux it's easy to find)
    • Install Fastboot ( google it for mac and linux it's easy to find)

3. Prepare device

• Remove battery from JioFi 3
    • Locate reset pin hole button
    • Lay down JioFi 3
    • Use Paper Clip / SIM Ejector Tool to press button inside (using sharp object is not recommended)
    • Keep pressing button down and insert USB cable
    • Release button as soon as all the LEDs in Display turns RED. This means device is in boot loader mode

4. Flashing Unlocked Firmware

• Open adb and fastboot tools terminal
    • Enter following to check if device is connected

• fastboot devices

• baxxxxx fastboot

• This means device is connected. If your device doesn't show up here please check drivers in Device manager
    • Now first erase the system partition

• fastboot erase system

• erasing 'system'... OKAY [ 1.104s] finished. total time: 1.105s

• Now flash the firmware
    • fastboot flash system "D:\system.img" ( replace path )

• It should return something like this
    • sending 'system' (34306 KB)... OKAY [ 1.276s] writing 'system'... OKAY [ 9.462s] finished. total time: 10.741s

• Now send reboot command to device
    • fastboot reboot

• You'll notice device will reboot normally now you can unplug the cable.

Congratulations your device is now unlocked and you can reinsert battery and another SIM for testing.

Firmware will take long time than usual to boot do not panic.

4. Changing APN
    • Insert SIM connect with JioFi 3 wait it to intialize
    • Open Web UI from browser (http://jiofi.local.html/)
    • Now login (default username/pwd is administrator/administrator)
    • In Network Tab you'll find setting for changing APN
    • Put it on manual and enter "internet" as APN (without quotes)
    • Hit apply/save device will reboot again automatically and it'll auto connect
    • Just wait patience is the key here it'll connect.

If something goes WRONG or you want to UNDO you can re flash original firmware which is provided in this post.

Original backup

FAQs

1. Q. My device is not visible in fastboot devices
      A. Confirm driver installation a faulty cable can also be the issue.
    2. Q. Everything went well but still no changes in dashboard
      A. After successful flash if you still don't see the changes your device is probably booting from recovery partition. Try flashing recovery partition by
      fastboot erase recoveryfs
      fastboot flash recoveryfs "D:\system.img"

3. Q. After resetting device from pin hole button it shows INVALID SIM.
      A. This is supposed to happen just reboot the device it'll work again.
    4. Q. Can I undo all this and get back to original firmware
      A. Yes just flash the original firmware provided in post and reset the device.
    5. Q. I 'accidentally' flashed my recovery and boot partition
      A. Well accidentally I've backed up recovery and boot download from below

JMR540_boot_recovery.rar
      2. JMR541_boot_recovery.rar
    6. Q. FAILED: (remote: Image is locked) issue while erasing/flashing image
      A. Jio recently pushed an firmware update which re-locks simlock and bootloader which basically means you can't flash unsigned/custom firmware. Currently there is no fix.

Mentions:
    Thanks to
    Karuppusamy for testing it on JMR541.

What about JioFi 2, 4, 5, 6?
    Reverse Engineering takes lot of time and coffee. Until I get physical access to device I won't be able to unlock it. I'm constantly searching them on OLX as soon as I get hands on I'll surely try to RE and unlock it. I'll update the same here if there is no update here at the time of your reading then I haven't got the device yet so please don't spam for update hope you understand that I don't get anything by doing these things, I do it for liberation of locked hardware to meet it's real destiny and of course for the people. I also have a day job so no I cannot guide or teach you, hope you understand why.

For Devs:

JMR_540_FLASH_DUMP.rar

bro is unlocking more 4g bands or manual selection of bands can be done ?
    Totally possible even 3G but it can't be done through WebUI it'll requires shell access.
    1622625406032.jpeg

This is completely genius! I am now able to use Airtel sim on my JioFi! Thanks!
    successfully unlocked my jiofi 3 JMR541. tested with voda and its working well and good. Thanks a ton for this bro.
    I was late in checking this thread and got shipped airtel unlocked mifi from home.
    Can you show us dashboard screenshot. This will help other users to verify