[GUIDE] Upgrade H815 Locked-BootLoader to Official Android 7.0 v29A

Search This thread
Oct 29, 2017
your device is corrupted and cannot not be trusted will not boot messege after lg logo and cant enter into download mode. Locked boot loader. Pls help!

your device is corrupted and cannot not be trusted will not boot messege after lg logo and cant enter into download mode. Locked boot loader. Pls help!

flash again the v20p kdz and try again. Maybe you can flash directly the v10X kdz. Some of your partitions is not in the orignal state so the device will not boot.

Reactions: kalanakodicara

guillermo11bq

Aug 30, 2016
Before asking any question, be sure you have already checked this Q&A list!

Known Issues:
Q14. Can I get Android Pay working if I upgraded to Nougat?
A: You can't. Some "root" files still in the system partition (I don't know what partition its stored).
So your phone can't access SafetyNet now.

Q15. Is there any way to get my Android Pay work again?
A: Try REFURBISH your phone to a European KDZ
Then REFURBISH to any country/version KDZ, that's would get your Android Pay work again.
Oh.. I didn't try this but I think it would work, cuz I don't use Android Pay :)[/HIDE]

Screenshots:
See attach

Hi! I read Q14 & Q15 and I'm just wondering... if there's still root files on the system partition, wouldn't it be possible to flash the stock system.bin through fastboot in order to pass the SafetyNet?

ling751am

Feb 15, 2013
Taichung City
Thank you, but i want to ROOT my phone again. Can i do this?

I'll punch your face : (

Can we install it on h810 h811 locked rooted?

Go try it, I don't know what will happen with your phone : )

So, I just finished upgrading the H815P variant using this method and it worked fine!

The Lollipop version I used was H815P10g_00, cause that's the one I already had.
-----delete for save the world : )-----
Awesome! Thanks!

Yeah, that ADB Folder have already contained Send_Command.exe
All we need is that .exe

Thank you for the tutorial =)
It seem that after the update, the phone don't use 4g+ (LTE advanced) anymore but only 4g, do you have the same problem?

nah, I have 4G+ with my G4, must be that baseband isn't compatible with your country :L

Solved.
Download the LG Poland Official H815 v29A firmware zip again. and worked perfectly

You didn't download that file completely lol

This Method works for H815AR. I just do it, and everything seems ok. The only error i got, is when it starts. But i cant see nothing more than that.
Thanks!

I don't understand what you say, what is "I can't see nothing more than that when it starts"?
Are you mean, you can't see boot animation during phone booting?

Works well. Overall smoother experience than in marshmallow but camera app is quite laggy compared to marshmallow.

Try to clear Camera app's data and cache

ling751am

Feb 15, 2013
Taichung City
works great on H815L [ISRAEL]
Thanks for sharing this awesome way to upgrade.
and screw you LG

Screw you LG and and give LG our beautiful fingers : )

Wipe and try to flash H81520 KDZ again

flash again the v20p kdz and try again. Maybe you can flash directly the v10X kdz. Some of your partitions is not in the orignal state so the device will not boot.

Yeah.

Unfortunately download mode doesnt work.
Sorry for bothering im new here

take out the battery and hold vol up, connect to pc again

Hi! I read Q14 & Q15 and I'm just wondering... if there's still root files on the system partition, wouldn't it be possible to flash the stock system.bin through fastboot in order to pass the SafetyNet?

IDK but you can try, if you solve this, don't forget to share it here : )

EDIT: I've tried that, fastboot response me "device is locked. Cannot erase"
Anyway, we need unlock that bootloader, screw you LG

Last edited:

frankie76

Oct 26, 2017
H815AR

Sorry for my poor english.

I was trying to say, i dont have any problem with the upgrade. The only problem i have is the warning windows when the phone starts that says:
"Current Version is not available for user. Can't find cust for NTCODE=[33403,FF}"

But i close that window, and everithing works fine.

Thanks!

PS: If there any way that you know, to remove that message, i will be very pleased.
PS2: I hope you can undestand this message.. :p

nisnis39

Oct 26, 2017
You mean that the 4g band are coded in the firmware?, that's strange, anyway i got back to the original firmware MM and got my 4g+ back, too bad nougat was cool.

alejobog

Nov 8, 2008
Bogota
When step 4 is done, the imei is lost and it is not connected to the pc to copy the files, it seems that all the partitions were lost.
Anyone else has had that problem?

ling751am

Feb 15, 2013
Taichung City
Sorry for my poor english.
I was trying to say, i dont have any problem with the upgrade. The only problem i have is the warning windows when the phone starts that says:
"Current Version is not available for user. Can't find cust for NTCODE=[33403,FF}"
-----deleted for save the world :p-----

That not a problem and not an issue, it's normal cuz the rom's country code doesn't match to your phone
Anyway, close it and enjoy your nougat

You mean that the 4g band are coded in the firmware?, that's strange, anyway i got back to the original firmware MM and got my 4g+ back, too bad nougat was cool.

It's seems Polland's baseband can't match to your country's band
Smooth and faster? Nougat
4G+? Marshmallow :p

I'm gettin an 0x2000 invalid command response error on step 3 (at 7%, "boot"). Used Uppercut. It's an H815.X I'm getting the same error with MM and LP KDZs. Can you help me please? Beginner here
Edit: Worked with these dlls https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73493577&postcount=78

Yeah, you got it
Alternative way: Use LG Flash Tool

When step 4 is done, the imei is lost and it is not connected to the pc to copy the files, it seems that all the partitions were lost.
Anyone else has had that problem?

You have bad luck
Perform a factory reset won't lost IMEI, try LG Flash Tool and flash KDZ again

sz.gery

Jun 11, 2012
Budapest
Please help

Hi,

I'm thinking about upgrading my H815 to V29A Nougat. If I understand it correctly, i will lose Safety Net dependant apps like Pokemon Go and banking apps with this method. Is there any way i can upgrade to Nougat and not lose the ability to pass Safety Net? I'm considering bootloader unlock if it would do the trick. Can someone write me a guide if it's possible to do?

Thanks!

benminja

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown Model

Get one step further this time, but step 6 ended in bootloop. Hard resetted it - LGUP with Uppercut says "Unknown Model", Flash Tool says "Contact system administrator - system info can not be found" or something like that. Any ideas of what I can do to fix this?
Edit: Suddenly worked with FlashTool and the 10F kdz, not with any other kdz. Started over. It finally worked! Thank you!

Last edited:

JustAddGenius

Nov 5, 2017
Working fine with H815T

Just wanted to say I've had this running on my H815T (Hong Kong) variant for the last week with no issues at all. It's amazing how smooth nougat is!
The only difference between the H815 and the h815T is one 4G band, so that's no longer working for me (band 40). Maybe check if that band is important for you before anyone tries the same thing (I take no responsibility etc etc).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread - Update LG G4 H818P to android 7 by LG-H815 Official v29A.
    @hochocnua upgrade H818P to v29A using the LG Poland Official v29A firmware zip which comes from here.

And this thread, I'll guide you upgrade your H815 Locked-Bootloader to the v29A.

oh.. okay, I almost forgot the important thing :)
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Important information:
    Only tested on LG G4 H815-TWN ver.
    I'm not responsible for other G4 variants (exclude H818P and H815)
    Before flashing it to another variant G4, you must take upon oneself the consequences :)
    AND WARNING! IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM, PLZ SEARCH IN THIS FORUM OR GOOGLE!!!

Notice: If you need a Traditional Chinese Guide (中文教學)? Go here or here

This GUIDE use OFFICIAL FIRMWARE by LG, and there's new 7.0 TOT released, can be easily to-do, search it by yourself in G4 forum

Prepare these:
    1. A heart full of determination <- Go play Undertale
    2. LG Mobile Driver for Windows
    3. LGUP with 8994 DLL
    4. LG ADB pack (which include Send_Command.exe)
    5. FlashFire v6.0 (the lastest version on Play Store will fc in 5.1)
    6. LG Poland Official H815 v29A firmware zip
    7. LG Taiwan H815 v10F KDZ
    8. a rooted system.img of H815 v10F

Unnecessary:

Backup data using LG Backup
    Backup photo using Google Photos or save them to your pc
    Backup other data to your external SD card, and remove it from your phone

If you bricked your phone, try to flash this thru LGUP
    LG Taiwan H815 v20E KDZ

Installation:
    We need to downgrade 6.0 to 5.1 before flash Nougat
    1. Check Anti-rollback version in *#546368#*815# -> SVC Menu -> Version Info (Important!!!)
    If the value is 0, fine, goto step 2
    If the value is v1, v2, v3 or above, DON'T USE THIS GUIDE OR BRICK YOUR PHONE
    2. Install LGUP and Driver, shutdown your phone, goto Download mode by press Vol-UP, connect to your pc
    You should see Firmware Update shows up on your screen
    3. Open LGUP, select REFURBISH, and choose BIN file "H81510F_00_0113.kdz", press Start button

Code:
    On the LGUP you first need to select : 
    1. UPGRADE
    2. Choose the .kdz file
    3. Go back to REFURBISH 
    4. Start ( Begin the flashing of the device ).

( thanks @lekk for these missing guide :) )

4. When rebooted, do a simple set, and go to Setting -> Backup & reset -> Factory data reset
    Reboot again, do a simple set, copy rootsystem20160214.img & eu.chainfire.flash.v6.apk & LG-H815_Official_v29A.zip to internal storage
    5. Shutdown and goto Download mode again, open LG ADB pack, double ports.bat , you should see\Device\XXXXDIAG1 REG_SZ COM#
    The # is a random number, remember it, we'll use that at next step
    6. Open cmd and change to same folder, type
    Code:
    Send_Command.exe \\.\COM#
    "#" is the number what we just seen in ports.bat
    You should see Enter, Leave and a #, copy
    Code:
    dd if=/data/media/0/rootsystem20160214.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
    then press enter
    Wait a while, another # will appear, pull out battert and reboot

We finally downgrade to 5.1 with root, and now we gonna flash Nougat :)
    7. Now you should see SuperSU in your app drawer, install eu.chainfire.flash.v6.apk, then open FlashFire
    8. In FlashFire, click "+", click Flash ZIP or OTA, choose LG-H815_Official_v29A.zip, and don't tick anything, go next step
    9. Scroll to the bottom, click FLASH, click OK, wait till the phone reboot to FlashFire mode
    10. When the phone reboot again, you should now see Android is Upgrading
    11. Goto Setting -> Backup & reset -> Factory data reset, do a full factory reset
    12. Wait the phone earse and reboot itself
    13. Open LG Backup, mount your SD Card, select Restore, and enjoy your new nougat 7.0
    Before asking any question, be sure you have already checked this Q&A list!

Known Issues:
    Q1. I'm stuck at LG Logo after flash 5.1 KDZ
    A: Pull out battery and enter recovery mode to do factory reset

Q2. Will my G4 overheat or dead while flashing?
    A: All G4 still alive now won't dead, while flashing, they mutation

Q3. Should I upgrade to Nougat? Is there any feature better than Marshmallow?
    A: Google "Nougat vs Marshmallow"

Q4. I'm now at 6.0 and Anti-rollback version is 0, do I need to downgrade before flashing Nougat?
    A: Go to the top and read this topic again, GO :(
    You can't unlock bootloader that mean you can't dump out system.img to do root injection
    And you can't use TWRP cuz you have a locked-bootloader
    So, we need to downgrade, using the 5.1 Download mode to flash our modified system.img
    Gain the root permission and use FlashFire to flash that firmware
    This method looks like HTC's Bootloader firmware flash, but we use FlashFire to do this :)

Q5. Will Nougat cause G4 overheat or battery drain?
    A: No, but smooth and stable, surfing web just a little warm
    But I don't play games, so you need to try this urself

Q6. Hey! Is there any root injection in this Nougat firmware?
    A: No, this is an official firmware signed by LG, un-touched, so ... sad :(

Q7. Can I do a root injection to this nougat system.img?
    A: No, you can't, go back to Q4
    If you modified the system.img and flash it
    You'll get a fully bricked phone

Q8. Why I should do factory reset again after nougat boot up?
    A: FlashFire flash that firmware just like when you receive an OTA and flash it
    That a dirty flash, will cause lag, overheat, or other issues.

Q9. Can LG Backup restore all my data?
    A: Some applications can't backup their own data,
    but I know Steam Guard can!
    Cuz I just logged in my Steam through that restored Steam app!

Q10. Can I roll back to Marshmallow or lower version?
    A: Yes, you can!
    But wait, check Anti-rollback version, if the value is 0,
    then use LGUP, "REFURBISH" your phone to European v10 KDZ
    Check anti-rollback version still "0"
    After flashed European v10 KDZ, REFURBISH your phone again to any country/version's KDZ

Q11. Hey! Why my rootsystem20160214 not a img file, it's a 7z format file!
    A: Don't you know that a zipped format? Go search it.

Q12. OMG! My phone stucked at LG Logo with breathing light
    A: It's still boooooting, don't take out battery or anything else, let it boot up.

Q13. My phone realllly stucked at LG Logo, and LGUP show Unknown Model or Unknown Port!
    A: Try LG Flash Tool, flash TWN v10F KDZ or other country KDZ.
    If your LGUP or LG Flash Tool can't recognize your G4, and you surely the driver correctly installed...
    The reason is: Windows 10 with USB3.0 port won't work, try Windows 10 with USB2.0.
    Quickest way: Why not use Windows 7?

Q14. Can I get Android Pay working if I upgraded to Nougat?
    A: You can't. Some "root" files still in the system partition (I don't know where are those files stored).
    So your phone can't access SafetyNet now.

Q15. Is there any way to get my Android Pay work again?
    A: Try REFURBISH your phone to a European KDZ
    Then REFURBISH to any country/version KDZ, that's would get your Android Pay work again.
    Oh.. I didn't try this but I think it would work, cuz I don't use Android Pay :)

Q16. So, why can't we access SafetyNet?
    A: Some "root files" can't removed from the system partitions, if Google Play services detected those files, may cause "CTS Profile match: Fail"

Q17. Everything worked fine after this upgrade, but it shows "Current Version is not available for user. Can't find cust for NTCODE=[XXXXX,FF}", how to solve this?
    A: It's normal cuz the firmware doesn't match to your phone's region / country, dismiss that, and enjoy your nougat :p

Q18. I can't get 4G+ on my G4, why?
    A: This firmware's baseband doesn't match to your country's band, not a major issue.
    If you really care about this, downgrade to Marshmallow

Screenshots:
    See attach
    Hello guys, I and Im struggling for hours with that ADB drivers... I have tried literally everything suggested on the forum and in many other threads, including installing KingoRoot, universaladbdriver_v3.0, tried 3 different USB cables (but Im not sure about their quality)
    Its a bit misterious that the drivers work fine and adb recognizes the phone when phone is turned ON and Device Manager shows it as portable device "MTP USB Device" and it also shows "LGE Mobile ADB Interface" under Android Devices category. But when I go to download mode I can only see "LGE Android MTP Device" in portable devices.
    I tried "update device" function in Device Manager and "search for drivers on my computer" but there are only 2-3 MTP devices and I cannot delete them... I cannot even choose my manufacturer drivers which I have in .exe, they have to be .inf

Do you have a clue why do I see MTP device in download mode, not ADB? May it be the cable? or should I uninstall old drivers? Do I need to do to download mode to do this step, or maybe recovery will be ok?
    In download mode is no adb available.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
    Hi guys! I am a new in these topics
    just out of curiosity, after flashing, how's the Antirollback status?
    I was wondering, because I'm following the steadfasterX thread, because I want to unlock the bootloader with the unofficial way, but until the steadfasterX thread happens it has to be stable.
    Can I go back to stock without changing the antirollback?
    BTW, sorry for my english.
    Amazing Job!
    FOLLOWING THREAD

the anti-rollback status would be the same as before flashing
    and this rom is stock rom
    stock rom back to stock rom :) ?
    you can go back to 6.0 without changing anti-rollback status, just like before flashing the nougat rom

This guide is excellent
    Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello Dear Author :)
    Is there a way to upload Root - when is the bootlader blocked?
    I am kindly asking you for an answer.
    Regards, heartily Łukasz

There's no way to upload root files,
    try to unlock bootloader if you have H815 one