[GUIDE] Use latest whatsapp version with ART [NOV-13-2013]

Search This thread

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
INTRODUCTION
Hi everybody! After using the old method of installing whatsapp's old.42 and .50 version, cernekee found that flashing libart.so in system partition, we would be able to install whatsapp from playstore without depending on the version.

I just did a flasheable zip which:

- Installs neccessary lib
- Fixes permissions

The procedure is very simple...​

HOW-TO
1. Download libart.so_flashable.zip from the bottom of the post and push it to your sdcard

2. Swich (if u hadn't already done it) to ART runtime mode under developer options

3. Flash the fix from recovery

4. Install whatsapp from playstore

5. Voilá, latest whatsapp version working with ART​

SOURCE

DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• libart.so_flashable.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 15,106
Last edited:

meranto

Aug 30, 2011
Rotterdam
2.11.42 works :)

Make sure to not update it while the problem is not fixed upstream. Disable auto-update for this one in the Play Store app.

Reactions: luiseteyo
I

iiro

Shouldn't this be in the Themes and Apps section?
Actually, what was wrong with the original topic there, where you took this from?

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
Actually, what was wrong with the original topic there, where you took this from?

This is a GUIDE. In this guide it's explained how to make whatsapp run with art, but I am not sharing any app. If every post on xda was in apps section everything would be disordered.

In relation with your question, isn't it better to have a GUIDE about an important think as using whatsapp with art since a lot of people aren't using this because of that? Isn't true that it is maybe easier for noobs to follow a guide on a thread rather than finding a post where anything is explained?

I think creating a GUIDE giving proper credits, just to help people doesn't hurt.

DarkMagician6

Nov 9, 2013
Managed to get it working after some hassle, thanks for this!

Only thing that is not working is adding an attachment from the gallery to send it to someone.

I hope the whatsapp team stops being so resistant against ART because it gives a huge advantage.

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
Managed to get it working after some hassle, thanks for this!

Only thing that is not working is adding an attachment from the gallery to send it to someone.

I hope the whatsapp team stops being so resistant against ART because it gives a huge advantage.

Confirmed. I will add it to OP later. Thanks

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

AlderCass

Jan 27, 2013
Cork
www.aldercass.com
If you're already in ART mode (and rooted) and don't want to switch back and forth between Dalvik and ART just to install Whatsapp, you can also copy the modded .apk to /data/app and reboot the phone :) Worked for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCTION
    Hi everybody! After using the old method of installing whatsapp's old.42 and .50 version, cernekee found that flashing libart.so in system partition, we would be able to install whatsapp from playstore without depending on the version.

I just did a flasheable zip which:

- Installs neccessary lib
    - Fixes permissions

HOW-TO
    1. Download libart.so_flashable.zip from the bottom of the post and push it to your sdcard

2. Swich (if u hadn't already done it) to ART runtime mode under developer options

3. Flash the fix from recovery

4. Install whatsapp from playstore

5. Voilá, latest whatsapp version working with ART​

SOURCE

DOWNLOAD

This is a GUIDE. In this guide it's explained how to make whatsapp run with art, but I am not sharing any app. If every post on xda was in apps section everything would be disordered.

In relation with your question, isn't it better to have a GUIDE about an important think as using whatsapp with art since a lot of people aren't using this because of that? Isn't true that it is maybe easier for noobs to follow a guide on a thread rather than finding a post where anything is explained?

I think creating a GUIDE giving proper credits, just to help people doesn't hurt.
    Just got a message today from whatsapp saying I'll be forced to update in 5 days from the version I'm using right now... :(

Flash the fix and update to whatever version you want
    INTRODUCTION
    Hi everybody. I have to say this was discovered by qwerp_ in this thread and credits go for him, not for me, I am just sharing. He found a whatsapp version (2.11.42) which works with ART enabled. I will show you the easiest way of installing it without problems. :)

HOW-TO
    1. Download Whatsapp_ART.zip from the bottom of the post and extract it (do not flash) in your sdcard

2. Use dalvik runtime. Do not use ART

3. Install the apk normally

13+-+2

4. Swich to ART under development settings

13+-+1

5. Voilá, whatsapp working with ART​

ALTERNATIVE INSTALATION

ADVICES
    - Make sure to not update it while the problem is not fixed upstream. Disable auto-update for this one in the Play Store app.
    - To solve attachment issue select the pic you want to share in the gallery, press on share and select whatsapp​

NOT WORKING
    - You cannot restore messages from whatsapp backup or another app like Helium
    - You cannot attach a picture from gallery. Follow advice 2º to solve this​

SOURCE

DOWNLOAD

Sweet thanks, I'll try when I get home
    Whatsapp fixed..

Per the hints from Google, I was able to get current versions of WhatsApp to install under ART by overriding one of the verifier checks.

Here is the procedure to replace libart.so and clean up any partially-installed WhatsApp package, tested on a Nexus 5 running AOSP 4.4:

Code:
    adb root
    adb remount
    adb shell "rm -rf /data/data/com.whatsapp"
    adb pull /system/lib/libart.so libart.so.bak
    adb push libart.so /system/lib/
    If something goes wrong it may well result in a bootloop, so if you need to restore from backup, boot to recovery and use:

Code:
    adb shell "mount /system"
    adb push libart.so.bak /system/lib/libart.so
    Source changes: https://github.com/cernekee/android_...fe2ef25d8470af

Just replace the lidart.so file from your device and then install the latest apk..ENJOY..:good:

This is not my post i have just copied the post to help u guys.....Link to original post:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47604251&postcount=77

All credits goes to cernekee for his work......i take no credits...:) Download attachment...And hit thanks..:):good: