• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE] Use MIUI icons in normal ICS.

Search This thread

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
Hey all,

Just found it out myself, so I thought let's share it with the people who don't know it yet!!

WHAT YOU NEED:
1. A file explorer.
2. A launcher on which you can change icons like Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher (both in Play Store/App Market).
3. A MIUI theme with a lot of icons (like Suave Redone).

WHAT TO DO:
1. Change the theme name from {themename}.mtz into {themename}.zip
2. Extract the .zip file to a place where you can find it back easily.
3. Search for the icons file in the folder where you extracted {themename}.zip to, and rename it into icons.zip
4. Extract that file also, to a place where you can find it back easily as well.
5. Long press the icon you want to edit in the homescreen in your new launcher. It should show edit or something like that.
6. Press the icon, and press: select picture.
7. Choose an icon in the folder where you extracted your icons.zip to.

This should have changed your homescreen icon. NOT your app drawer icon. You will have to do them one by one, just repeat it from step 5 on if you're changing an other icon.

Greetzz, Jojoost

Last edited:

Braneless

Jun 21, 2011
Dayton, OH
You can also download normal icon zips and install using your launcher. I find this preferable as nearly all miui icons look the same to me (slight variations of the same square).

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
Or..... Just download the MTZ theme and extract it with 7zip then find the icon folder and drag it out.

Nexus S. (GSM i9020a)
Paranoid Epsilon 1.2 (1.992 - 4.1.1)
Air Kernel (JBN Stable 1 - Voodoo)
Smartassv2 (800/200)
Deep Idle (Off - Deadline)
BLX (98 - Inverted Apps)
Black Exodus (Undervolted)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Just found it out myself, so I thought let's share it with the people who don't know it yet!!

WHAT YOU NEED:
    1. A file explorer.
    2. A launcher on which you can change icons like Nova Launcher or Apex Launcher (both in Play Store/App Market).
    3. A MIUI theme with a lot of icons (like Suave Redone).

WHAT TO DO:
    1. Change the theme name from {themename}.mtz into {themename}.zip
    2. Extract the .zip file to a place where you can find it back easily.
    3. Search for the icons file in the folder where you extracted {themename}.zip to, and rename it into icons.zip
    4. Extract that file also, to a place where you can find it back easily as well.
    5. Long press the icon you want to edit in the homescreen in your new launcher. It should show edit or something like that.
    6. Press the icon, and press: select picture.
    7. Choose an icon in the folder where you extracted your icons.zip to.

This should have changed your homescreen icon. NOT your app drawer icon. You will have to do them one by one, just repeat it from step 5 on if you're changing an other icon.

Greetzz, Jojoost