Guide: Using Fastboot.exe with Motorola Devices
If your device has its own section please post in that section.
You can ping me with @sd_shadow
MediaTek or Qualcomm Chip?
- Know what software version is on your device before flashing see Post #2
- Do not downgrade firmware with a locked bootloader, it may make the device unusable.
- If you flash firmware for a different model, even if it is similar, it may make the device unusable.
Notice: Some devices on Android 10 and above now require fastbootd mode
See What is fastbootd?
Flashing with fastboot.exe
First, watch this video, it's a bit old, but Root Junkie covers the steps very well.
There are a few things you need.
- Install Moto USB Drivers
- How to Enter Fastboot Mode
- Set up adb and fastboot.exe
- Device Model #, Codename, and Software Channel.
- Motorola Blursoftware versions and Android Versions
- Stock Motorola Firmware
- Firmware is normally compressed and will need to be unzipped before using.
- Flashing Commands
Batch script for Flashing firmware
Flashing Radio Only
Changing Software Channel (ro.carrier)
Downgrading Moto Firmware
Other Flashing Options
[Index] Flashing Motorola Firmware If your device has its own section please post in that section. You can ping me with @sd_shadow There are a few options for flashing stock Motorola firmware. Linux and Mac flashing options are posted in my...
Can not see File Extensions in Window File Manager