[GUIDE] [VIDEO] [NO ROOT] Enable Google Now / Now on Tap cards in any country

Search This thread

t3al

Nov 14, 2014
localhost
dkRl62E.jpg

This is a guide to enable Google Now Cards / Now on Tap in any country, if you get the not available in your country.
Works on Android L/M/N
NO ROOT REQUIRED

Video:

!! WARNING: THE FOLLOWING STEPS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE ANDROID VERSION YOU ARE IN, BUT THE GUIDE SHOULD STILL WORK !!

Instructions:
(1) Remove SIM card (if you have one)

(2) You need to come from a fresh install (factory reset)

(3) At the first time setup skip all steps. No wifi, no email, no time/date, nothing.

(4) Disable Location

(5) Connect to Wi-Fi

(6) Go to Settings > More > VPN and connect to any VPN from US or UK (I use vpnbook.com PPTP) - Add a simple pattern for security

(7) Once you are connected with the VPN, Tap the Google App

(8) Sign in with your account

(9) After you sign in, you'll see a new window introducing 'Google Now'. Click "Yes, I'm in".

(10) To enable Now on Tap go to Settings > Google > Search & Now > Now Cards > Now on Tap and enable it

(11) Insert your SIM card and delete VPN (and the pattern you set up earlier if you wish)

(12) Enjoy Now on Tap

Hit thanks if this guide helped you!

Last edited:

EvilCuLT30

Jan 5, 2015
Not working

cheers mate it works like a charm :D

I tried it and it doesn't work. It still says not available in my country when i try to enable it at Now Cards in Settings.

1] I removed SIM card,
2] did Factory Reset,
3] Turned Off Location Services (I assume this is GPS?),
4] Enabled Developer Mode
5] Connected to my home WiFi
5] Downloaded and Installed my VPN apk
6] Choose USA server.
7] Opening Google app as it says is doing nothing - just directs to the search bar. So instead I added account. Settings/Accounts/Add Account, then added my Google Account.
8] I have a two-step verification so I had to change that to another mobile number also based in my country (Where normally Google Now is not available). After receiving the code I entered it and my account was setup.
9] After Account was set, no prompt for Google Now and Now Cards are not available in Google Settings.

10] Estimated cost of damage about 125EURO considering one working day to restore all.
11] Ideas?

Reactions: #mrk and chuotdx

cuthighfit

Jan 29, 2015
This is awesome!

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

This is awesome!

sami-shalhoub

Jul 14, 2012
Damascus
I tried it and it doesn't work. It still says not available in my country when i try to enable it at Now Cards in Settings.

1] I removed SIM card,
2] did Factory Reset,
6] Choose USA server.
7] Opening Google app as it says is doing nothing - just directs to the search bar. So instead I added account. Settings/Accounts/Add Account, then added my Google Account.
8] I have a two-step verification so I had to change that to another mobile number also based in my country (Where normally Google Now is not available). After receiving the code I entered it and my account was setup.
9] After Account was set, no prompt for Google Now and Now Cards are not available in Google Settings.

10] Estimated cost of damage about 125EURO considering one working day to restore all.
11] Ideas?
maybe you can try this, work perfect with me and only take like 15 minutes :p

http://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-nowgoogle-t3138439/post61425631#post61425631

D

Deleted member 5191487

Worked on my Nexus 5

I live in Tehran (Iran) and your tutorial worked for me.
I just need to mention that one extra step was crucial to the VPN process and that was setting up a VPN on my ADSL router.
I also had to disable TwoFactor Authentication in order to login without using the simcard.

Thanks for the tutorial.

Reactions: x625

Xlydven

Aug 24, 2012
Do you connect to a VPN in setting or install an app for that? Cant open store without logging into gmail
Edit: NVM that, I got it working. Thank you.

Last edited:

t3al

Nov 14, 2014
localhost
Do you connect to a VPN in setting or install an app for that? Cant open store without logging into gmail
Edit: NVM that, I got it working. Thank you.

I use Android's VPN under Settings > Wireless & networks > More > VPN (you need to set a lock screen PIN or password or pattern.

bestukvpn doesn't work for me :( Not any VPN I tried on internet. How can I fix this??

Sometimes it is down. Also try bestvpanusa

Borgsky

Nov 23, 2014
It works perfectly just activated it on >
[ phone : hammerhead ]
[ rom : 6.0 - MRA58K ]
[ kernel : stock ]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dkRl62E.jpg

This is a guide to enable Google Now Cards / Now on Tap in any country, if you get the not available in your country.
    Works on Android L/M/N
    NO ROOT REQUIRED

Video:

!! WARNING: THE FOLLOWING STEPS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE ANDROID VERSION YOU ARE IN, BUT THE GUIDE SHOULD STILL WORK !!

Instructions:
    (1) Remove SIM card (if you have one)

(2) You need to come from a fresh install (factory reset)

(3) At the first time setup skip all steps. No wifi, no email, no time/date, nothing.

(4) Disable Location

(5) Connect to Wi-Fi

(6) Go to Settings > More > VPN and connect to any VPN from US or UK (I use vpnbook.com PPTP) - Add a simple pattern for security

(7) Once you are connected with the VPN, Tap the Google App

(8) Sign in with your account

(9) After you sign in, you'll see a new window introducing 'Google Now'. Click "Yes, I'm in".

(10) To enable Now on Tap go to Settings > Google > Search & Now > Now Cards > Now on Tap and enable it

(11) Insert your SIM card and delete VPN (and the pattern you set up earlier if you wish)

(12) Enjoy Now on Tap

Hit thanks if this guide helped you!
    Never mind google now is working now. This is what i did. First i cleared data from google services framework. Then i cleared data from Google account manager and then finally from google app. Then i used a vpn app. I used Opera vpn it's very good. Connect to vpn. And simply open google app. And i had Google now enabled. Prior to this it said google now isn't available in your country.

My phone is rooted and running Lineage OS, android 7.1.1

Hope this works out for you guys aswell. :)
    Can it be done without factory reset?

I did it without a reset on both Galaxy Note 5 (5.1.1) and Nexus 9 (6.0):
    1. Connect VPN
    2. Turn off location
    3. Remove google account(s)
    4. Clear cache and data from Google Play Services and Google Play Store apps
    5. Enable Now and log back in to google account.
    Not working

cheers mate it works like a charm :D

1] I removed SIM card,
    2] did Factory Reset,
    6] Choose USA server.

11] Ideas?
    Tried both bestukvpn and freevpnaccess. Anyone got any more suggestions?

bestvpnusa