Install Android 9.0 Pie GSI on Moto X4 (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Obligatory Warning: This guide and ROM assumes you know the fundamentals of fastboot, flashing TWRP, and running a flash all. Your warranty is voided because of the unlocked bootloader. This is a Third Party ROM. Things may not work as expected compared to stock (for better or for worse).
Warning 2: If you can't do fastboot commands, do a flash all, root your device or flash TWRP/ROM, please do not ask for help here. If you cannot flash all back to stock, please stay stock for everyone's sake.
Warning 3: if you don't flash the firmware zip so both slots have the firmware, when you boot after flashing, you WILL have a bootloop or even a brick.
Warning 4: You will loose all your data. Make sure to backup your data.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Not Working :
- headphone jack
How to Boot into fastboot/bootloader mode
1. Reboot phone, and keep volume down pressed while device is rebooting until you see bootloader mode screen.
2. While phone is off, press volume down and then press power button. Keep holding both until you see bootloader mode screen.
How to Install
Moto X4 A/B Slots Explained
Moto X4 A/B Slots Explained
1. Download all the files listed in downloads section and place them inside one folder.
2. Unzip A/B GSI zip file. Unzip fastboot and adb zip file. Rename treble image file to twrp-payton-treble.img. move twrp img file to platform-tools folder.
Create folder PieGSI in internal memory of phone.
Move below files to AndroidP folder on phone
* Android P GSI Image
* Trebelized Lineage OS
* trebelized twrp zip file
* partition copy zip file
Reboot device into bootloader mode.
3. Navigate to platform-tools folder. Boot to TWRP using fastboot. Using command prompt/terminal navigate to folder where fastboot is.
fastboot boot twrp-payton-treble.img
./fastboot boot twrp-payton-treble.img
4. Once booted into TWRP,
Go to install, Navigate to PieGsi folder.
Flash the partition copy zip file.
5. Next, go to home screen.
Wipe -> Swipe to factory reset.
Main menu, click on Install. select Lineage OS zip, add more zips and select TWRP zip. Swipe to flash. Once done, go to main menu. Reboot -> Recovery.
6. Once back in TWRP. Go to wipe, Advanced. Select system,data and cache. Swipe to wipe. Go back to TWRP main menu. Click on Install, select Image option on bottom right. Select AB GSI img. Select System. Swipe to flash. Once done, go to main menu. Reboot -> Recovery.
7. Once back in TWRP. Install -> Select gapps file. Swipe to flash. Reboot -> System.
8. If stuck in bootloop. Reboot to twrp. Go to wipe. Select format data. Enter yes. This will wipe your internal storage so make sure to backup. Reboot -> System.
9. Android 9.0 Pie. Profit!
How to go back to stock
1) Search. Search, search, search. If you make the effort of reading atleast 5 pages back, most if not all your questions will be answered. I personally, will ignore any questions, if I know they have been answered in the last 5 pages. Not being rude, but please read.
2) If you can't find answers in last 5 pages, ask here, be respectful and have a good time.
Partition Copy Zip File :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oiry9UfP2tf-5A6nQBF7pn2t2eSGKt0F/view
Lineage OS Moto X4(Treble) :- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063250
TWRP Image File Moto X4(Treble) :- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063210
TWRP Zip File Moto X4:- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528063564
Android 9.0 Pie GSI Download Links (Download arm64 AB):- https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases
Gapps for Android 9.0 Pie (Use Micro) :- https://builds.nezorfla.me/?dir=opengapps/pie/arm64
Winrar (Windows) :- https://www.rarlab.com/
The Unarchiver (Mac):- https://theunarchiver.com/
ADB & Fastboot :- https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
Android 9.0 Pie GSI Thread :- https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...ice-development/aosp-9-0-phh-treble-t3831915/
Donate to Phhuson
Buy me Coffee.