[GUIDE] Viper4Android Driver Installation Error Fixed on A11/12/12.1 AOSP/OOS/COS ROMs

Search This thread

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 8 Pro
1. Method

2. Method
Use Latest Unofficial Magisk Delta (if only 3. method didn't work.) and continue with 3. Step.

3. Method
Found this thread.
First install V4A apk, let it install the module and reboot once and then, basically copy these commands;
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# Kill audioserver PID if it was initialized already
SERVERPID=$(pidof audioserver)
[ "$SERVERPID" ] && kill $SERVERPID

mount -o bind /vendor/etc/audio_effects.xml /odm/etc/audio_effects.xml

magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'
Into the file in "/data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh" and then reboot. Your V4A driver will start working, enjoy!
IMG_20220303_104907.jpg

Make sure to install AML if you are using other sound mods. Also here is another guide based on AML post fs file.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-26-04-58-12-21_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-26-04-58-12-21_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_2022-02-26-04-58-04-41_ca362c8d358a185d84f6b0fc51d38ed5.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-26-04-58-04-41_ca362c8d358a185d84f6b0fc51d38ed5.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

thibassinger

Apr 12, 2016
I followed these steps but it didn't work, it keeps asking me to install the V4A driver every time I enter the App. Did I do something wrong?

Can you help me? It's too bad not to use V4A

HessNL

Well if you find out a method for oos 12.1 then i will be grateful because this was working on oos 12 but they changed the locations of the files to this in oos 12.1

/odm/etc/audio_effects.xml and
/vendor/odm/etc/audio_effects.xml

If you have any ideas how to fix this driver loop on oos 12.1 then I'm all ears OnePlus 10 pro needs viper4android 😅

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 8 Pro
Well if you find out a method for oos 12.1 then i will be grateful because this was working on oos 12 but they changed the locations of the files to this in oos 12.1

/odm/etc/audio_effects.xml and
/vendor/odm/etc/audio_effects.xml

If you have any ideas how to fix this driver loop on oos 12.1 then I'm all ears OnePlus 10 pro needs viper4android 😅
Then you only need to change them to new path

ko_hi

Mar 25, 2020
If anyone having issues with v4a on latest oos

Try this

Extract the content and replace the original one. And ser proper permissions.

I had severe issues getting it to work. So I'm not sure if the odm File was the issue or if the modified system/etc config File solved it. I just edited the original odm/etc and added v4a info same with system/etc files.

The above mod didn't help fully so hope this help

Just noticed i used my broken file in /vendor/ linked to odm/etc which don't include the uuid so it seems to be the system/etc that's needed

Attachments

• ViPER4AndroidFX.zip
    412.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Reactions: IgnisGuardian

IgnisGuardian

Oct 14, 2019
France
Realme GT Neo 2

Try this

I had severe issues getting it to work. So I'm not sure if the odm File was the issue or if the modified system/etc config File solved it. I just edited the original odm/etc and added v4a info same with system/etc files.

Just noticed i used my broken file in /vendor/ linked to odm/etc which don't include the uuid so it seems to be the system/etc that's needed
You saved me tysm I was struggling to install v4a on my gt neo 2 because every time I rebooted I got the "no driver found" message and now it's working !!

ko_hi

Mar 25, 2020
Here's a magisk module repack

Just install the APK and flash this zip after ;) don't let the APK install the driver it'll fail!

Flash this after installing app or before ;)

It'll work without any hassle!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Viper4AndroidFXRepack.zip
    399.3 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: gsser

ko_hi

Mar 25, 2020
You saved me tysm I was struggling to install v4a on my gt neo 2 because every time I rebooted I got the "no driver found" message and now it's working !!
Yes OOS had this issue too.

But after *ODM* Fix it was installed but didn't work until you enabled legacy mode.

And even then it would just stop the service after 10 seconds.

I've tested several method but only this worked for me.

But at least it works! (For now) until things are changed again

Unknown.Guy

Aug 25, 2016
Okay so I know this is OOS thread but has anyone tried this on MIUI 13?!

Edit: Will try this soon and report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I followed these steps but it didn't work, it keeps asking me to install the V4A driver every time I enter the App. Did I do something wrong?

Can you help me? It's too bad not to use V4A
    Replace your file with this and reboot. It works fine for me
    1. Method

2. Method
    Use Latest Unofficial Magisk Delta (if only 3. method didn't work.) and continue with 3. Step.

3. Method
    Found this thread.
    First install V4A apk, let it install the module and reboot once and then, basically copy these commands;
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    # Kill audioserver PID if it was initialized already
    SERVERPID=$(pidof audioserver)
    [ "$SERVERPID" ] && kill $SERVERPID

mount -o bind /vendor/etc/audio_effects.xml /odm/etc/audio_effects.xml

magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
    magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'
    Into the file in "/data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/post-fs-data.sh" and then reboot. Your V4A driver will start working, enjoy!
    IMG_20220303_104907.jpg

Make sure to install AML if you are using other sound mods. Also here is another guide based on AML post fs file.
    Not working for me oxygenos 12 oneplus 10 Pro still drivers not installed

Try this

Here's a magisk module repack

Just install the APK and flash this zip after ;) don't let the APK install the driver it'll fail!

Flash this after installing app or before ;)

It'll work without any hassle!

Enjoy!