How To Guide [GUIDE] Wifi antenna fix

Search This thread

tweakradje

I want to share a permanent hardware fix for the wifi antenna I found on 4pda. I did this on a 9T of a family member and it worked.
So if you have poor wifi reception with your Redmi 9T you might want to consider this fix.
Original post on 4pda: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1012221&st=14360#entry116474842

Pictures showing the wifi antenna sticker on the plastic back cover

IMG_20220731_163015.jpg
IMG_20220731_163152.jpg

Some remarks:

- shutdown the phone
- remove sim tray
- the plastic back cover must be removed. Be very carefull not to damage the on/off/fingerprint cable still connected to the back cover !!! Take your time !!!
- leave the fingerprint cable/button alone, no need to separate
- try to restore the sealing strip around the camera block before reassembling
- use sharp tiny knife to seperate the wifi antenna connectors in the back cover (pink arrow), make sure they don't connect anymore
- when placing the back cover back on the phone do the side with the sim tray first, else you bend the sim tray opening in the cover

One video on how tho remove the back cover:
(I prefer plastic tools and my nails to seperate)

Hope this helps. All at your own risk.

Cheers

Last edited:

Andrew8687

Sep 8, 2022
1662606495216.png

you can guide by video , as well as the effectiveness of the above method. I also tried other ways but it didn't work

Andrew8687

Sep 8, 2022
i have a question :
1. up another rom Android 10 it's better ? ( i using miui 12.5.12 - android 12 - wifi so bad )
2. fix anten wifi like guide of you it work ?

Atanassoww

May 14, 2019
View attachment 5706785
you can guide by video , as well as the effectiveness of the above method. I also tried other ways but it didn't work

View attachment 5706785
How do you want the Signal to improve? Like you, you just Almost gutted it.. You just have to cut it in the middle a little bit.

tweakradje

No video available. It's very easy and straight forward. Do not mess with the contacts on the motherboard. Hope you manage to salvage them.
The wifi antenna is just a sticker on the back cover. To make the cut is very easy. No force needed. Be gentle.
I flashed latest official crDroid 7.15 A11 (https://crdroid.net/juice/7) but I think the wifi problem is mainly hardware (antenna) related. I don't like A12 (crDroid 8.x) at all but tested it and it also works fine.

Reactions: Andrew8687

Atanassoww

May 14, 2019
No video available. It's very easy and straight forward. Do not mess with the contacts on the motherboard. Hope you manage to salvage them.
The wifi antenna is just a sticker on the back cover. To make the cut is very easy. No force needed. Be gentle.
I flashed latest official crDroid 7.15 A11 (https://crdroid.net/juice/7) but I think the wifi problem is mainly hardware (antenna) related. I don't like A12 (crDroid 8.x) at all but tested it and it also works fine.
Yes.. This is on the back plastic cover.

Andrew8687

Sep 8, 2022
i will try .tks for share

Skcyte

Jan 18, 2015
Semarang
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi Max
Here, I found some video detailing how to fix it. You can either add solder to the antenna or jump some wire to it. The video showed the owner already soldered the pad but it becomes weak again. This is Poco M3 but it's basically the same

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is that Redmi 9t? It looks different to my photo. The procedure is to electrically seperate the contact points of the wifi antenna (sticker) where they connect to the mainboard pins.
    Now I have WI-FI on the Road outside of my Home. Before the fix, the connection was immediately Lost.