[CLOSED] Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CTO_7

Nov 28, 2020
So i'm having an issue with patching with Magisk, I'm trying to install the US firmware for the Xperia 1 ii XQ-AT51 in XperiFirm I download 1321-7799 Customized US 58.0.A.3.170-R14A I then unpack boot_X-FLASH-ALL-2389.sin into boot_X-FLASH-ALL-2389.img. I then put that onto my phone and patch it with the beta version of Magisk manager. I copy the file magisk_patched.img along with vbmeta.img over using fastboot and they all copy over fine but then the phone gives me an error saying I need to factory reset it. I can't figure out where I'm going wrong here. From what I can tell I followed the guide exactly but for whatever reason the patched Magisk file doesn't seem to be working?

Edit: So I ended up doing "fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img" which seems to have worked. I'm not entirely sure what "vbmeta.img" is but it doesn't seem to be required in order to root. It seems either patching boot b or vbmeta was causing me to not be able to boot.

Last edited:

DerekMakeBelieves

Mar 4, 2021
Hello, Is there anyone who use Xperia 1 II XQ-AT52 Relocked Bootloader? I tried in latest system but adb couldn't find my device, looking for help or solution, thanks!

Reactions: Satthu5s

Tjinn21

Mar 30, 2021
Good Afternoon,
I am looking to see if these instructions still work for Xperia 1 ii XQ-AT52. I tried rooting but all I get is that my rom is corrupt and cannot be trusted bootlooping screen.
I can successfully flash from XQ-AT52 HK to US XQ-AT51 but I cannot root the US ROM either as all it does is bootloop.
IS there something I'm doing wrong as nothing I've tried has worked so far.
Any help is appretiated.

Last edited:

mskyaxl

Aug 16, 2012
Iasi
Good Afternoon,
I am looking to see if these instructions still work for Xperia 1 ii XQ-AT52. I tried rooting but all I get is that my rom is corrupt and cannot be trusted bootlooping screen.
I can successfully flash from XQ-AT52 HK to US XQ-AT51 but I cannot root the US ROM either as all it does is bootloop.
IS there something I'm doing wrong as nothing I've tried has worked so far.
Any help is appretiated.
Unlocking would show that message on the screen and it will only go away if you relock your phonne to my knowledge. This means that the dm-verity check will fail until you relock it but it does not mean that your phone is broken.

Regarding flashing XQ-AT51 on top of XQ-AT52 firmware, I never tried. I have a XQ-AT51.

Fangwulf

Apr 17, 2016
I was also getting boot loop after flashing the Magisk patched boot.img on Android 11 (XQ-AT51, US 58.1.A.3.87). But with newflasher I was able to successfully rollback to Android 10 RU firmware 58.0.A.3.194 (couldn't find US) and root that. I didn't try upgrading back to 11 after that, since I went with Resurrection Remix anyway.

Tjinn21

Mar 30, 2021
So I figured out what to do but it didnt work on windows.
I booted Linux Mint, installed the Android Image kitchen and removed /system_ext from fstab as reported in the Magisk bug Tracker which ironically links this post as i believe OP is the person who discovered this?
Doing the instructions here failed every time. I still needed to remove the entry for /system_ext in fstab after patching boot.img with Magisk. They also asked for anyone with this issue to go back to the bug tracker to see if Magisk could put in a special hook for sony phones until sony creates a fix.

kippidashira

Jul 25, 2020
Getting a bootloop with US 58.1.A.5.55,
Tried patching the magisk boot.img with the changes to the fstab this time around with AIK on both Windows and Linux, but no dice.

kippidashira

Jul 25, 2020
Describe your steps in linux. AIK has a recompile issue on windows and a decompile issue on linux.

1. Downloaded the 58.1.A.5.55 firmware using XperiFirm on Windows.
2. UnSIN'd the boot .sin, transferred over to Linux machine.
3. Downloaded and extracted AIK v3.8 on Linux.
4. Decompiled on Linux, edited the fstab, recompiled on Linux.
5. Transferred back to Windows 10 to flash using fastboot.

From what it sounds like your implying, I would need to decompile on Windows and recompile on Linux?

Tjinn21

Mar 30, 2021
1. Downloaded the 58.1.A.5.55 firmware using XperiFirm on Windows.
2. UnSIN'd the boot .sin, transferred over to Linux machine.
3. Downloaded and extracted AIK v3.8 on Linux.
4. Decompiled on Linux, edited the fstab, recompiled on Linux.
5. Transferred back to Windows 10 to flash using fastboot.

From what it sounds like your implying, I would need to decompile on Windows and recompile on Linux?
Yes but you need to transfer it to your phone to patch the edited fstab version with canary majisk BEFORE you flash it for root.

kippidashira

Jul 25, 2020
Yes but you need to transfer it to your phone to patch the edited fstab version with canary majisk BEFORE you flash it for root.
Seems like I'm getting an Unsupported Format error when recompiling on Linux.

If it also helps out, I am also flashing my XQ-AT52 HK to XQ-AT51 US. This has been rooted/unlocked previously but I wanted to update to the latest patch.

Tjinn21

Mar 30, 2021
Seems like I'm getting an Unsupported Format error when recompiling on Linux.

If it also helps out, I am also flashing my XQ-AT52 HK to XQ-AT51 US. This has been rooted/unlocked previously but I wanted to update to the latest patch.
What fixes did the latest patch bring? I can test it and let you know the steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here was a Guide. Someone said people don't care about Me or My Work so...​

Works like a charm. I have done all the steps, had bootloop + repaired the phone with Companion and have done another steps from here.
    Here it is what I did after Miustone guide:
    After patching the file with Magisk, DO NOT FLASH IT YET.
    1. Download Android Image Kitchen (unpack all to common folder)
    2. Paste the file boot_xxxxx.img (this one which you have already patched with Magisk)
    3. Open unpackimg.bat
    4. Open ramdisk folder.
    5. Open fstab.qcom with notepad.
    6. Find the word "system_ext". Delete entire line. Save the file.
    7. Open repackimg.bat
    8. You have the new file now "image-new.img". This is your patched boot file, which you need to flash (to both partitions, A and B).
    9. After, you only need to instal Magisk.apk for giving root permissions.

I just want to thank Miustone. Without his guide, another guide wouldn't be helpful for me. It has been long time when I rooted the phone last time and indeed it its much more complicated today. But still it is worth to :). Before I rooted because there was to much useless things and heavy for hardware of the past and today I root to open Android ...which in the past was suppose to be open.

Phone: XQ-AT51
    Software: 58.1.A.5.330 -R20B (the latest)
    Thread Updated! Enjoy :)
    Man , your file corupted my phone....shame to you..

Thanks for the additional Infos like what Model You have. Is it the Single SIM one (EU?)? An Xperia Z or a Galaxy S2? What have You done? Which Firmware are You on? Don't blame Me for My Work, blame You for not giving even a Single info, No one can Help You Like this....:rolleyes:
    i think in this general root topic you provided wrong files from another image, for your rom, marsom, who is in another section;
    that's why was bricked, sorry for telling you all of this; here you have to tell clearly what image you used as source for magisk;
    your work is good, but the details in this post are limited for simple users like me;
    my version is single sim EU; XQ-AT51; 58.0.A.3.39; customized EU 1321-7706 R13A;

Don't flash things randomly if you don't know how they work. The DIY section also describes pretty well the simple steps you need to do. Which would've saved you from this entire situation.

Have attentions, your magisk boot image (link to drive) from this topic are wrong, even as file size.
    Also your refference to the command of flashing 2 partitions is wrong, is not applicable (simple rooting of Xperia 1 II EU single Sim version, in my case); you need only one:
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

Learn how A/B partitions work to realize why you need to flash both partitions.

I reacted because this lack of information and confusion is spread all over the topics, and even a little mistake conduct to risk of bricking the phones;
    the people who post solutions, images, should be aware - here is not instagram, is not beauty contest.

Again, don't mod your phone if you don't have the knowledge of basic workings of Android. Flashing a bad boot image won't brick your phone, and as you have discovered is recoverable. There is no reason to overreact. You merely flashed a boot image for a different firmware.