Guide-windows 8-ADB/fastboot solved!

Search This thread

DrSakethReddy

Sep 24, 2013
Hyderabad
HTC (hard brick) not recognized by Windows 8.1

This is a guide to help people fix fastboot not being recognized with the new windows 8 consumer preview, which happened to me and i found the easy fix. After installing the preview,
1 connect htc evo 3d, let phone connect and install its own drivers, then under device manager, find htc-update drivers- download and install adb drivers

2. Next go into sdk manager and install all updates that are current, make sure you dont let computer go into idle and if files arent downloading correctly, simply redo the update till everything updates properly, might take a few times because windows 8 isnt optimized yet for file transfer, who knows, etc

3. FASTBOOT IS NO LONGER UNDER TOOLS, BECAUSE ITS UNDER PLATFORM TOOLS. the update puts fastboot from tools to platform tools, so to get adb/fastboot to recognize you have to shift/commandprompt where platform tools are for it to recognize adb/fastboot and let you issue commands

There you have it..... maybe i should go into developing, i just got lucky with this, i hope this helps one person out.... rocking the new htc one s rom, htc evo 3d until the next 3d, keep the developing coming

Help, please !

My htc explorer got stuck in a bootloop and i want to load TWRP recovery into it. But the phone isn't recognized by the Windows 8.1 x64 PC.
I get an error in TWRP recovery installation too - "waiting for device" forever !!

I can't find proper tools to get this phone recognized by my PC, and installed adb drivers too. Nothing is working.

Please show me a way !:crying:

asce1992

Apr 14, 2014
Help, please !

My htc explorer got stuck in a bootloop and i want to load TWRP recovery into it. But the phone isn't recognized by the Windows 8.1 x64 PC.
I get an error in TWRP recovery installation too - "waiting for device" forever !!

I can't find proper tools to get this phone recognized by my PC, and installed adb drivers too. Nothing is working.

Please show me a way !:crying:

Have you check last driver for your htc? could also be a problem of compatibility with windows 8.1....:confused:
Maybe here can help you. http://xdaforums.com/htc-explorer ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a guide to help people fix fastboot not being recognized with the new windows 8 consumer preview, which happened to me and i found the easy fix. After installing the preview,
    1 connect htc evo 3d, let phone connect and install its own drivers, then under device manager, find htc-update drivers- download and install adb drivers http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2tunwdxr3q2q8ec

2. Next go into sdk manager and install all updates that are current, make sure you dont let computer go into idle and if files arent downloading correctly, simply redo the update till everything updates properly, might take a few times because windows 8 isnt optimized yet for file transfer, who knows, etc

3. FASTBOOT IS NO LONGER UNDER TOOLS, BECAUSE ITS UNDER PLATFORM TOOLS. the update puts fastboot from tools to platform tools, so to get adb/fastboot to recognize you have to shift/commandprompt where platform tools are for it to recognize adb/fastboot and let you issue commands

There you have it..... maybe i should go into developing, i just got lucky with this, i hope this helps one person out.... rocking the new htc one s rom, htc evo 3d until the next 3d, keep the developing coming
    What the Hell. Dude my guides work. This one however is the one that should be removed. This guide is a joke obviously you have no idea what your doing. When you say in your guide to download all the packages are you aware what's that for ??? Its for full on development. You don't need any of that for fastboot or adb. Unless your planning on developing all that will do is occupy space on your hard drive and a lot of it. Also you could have just pointed the user to newer/latest sdk that will put the tools in platform. No need to download the old sdk just to update to the newer one with a whole lot of installs the average user will never need. Your guide should definitely be removed because its highly incorrect.

#Root_Hack-Mod*Always\

Didn't need to insult the guy for just trying to help...
    maybe this will help people out, thats whats important....not searching for a somewhat similar one, that might not work. the more the merrier, can lead someone to getting it to work
    What the Hell. Dude my guides work. This one however is the one that should be removed. This guide is a joke obviously you have no idea what your doing. When you say in your guide to download all the packages are you aware what's that for ??? Its for full on development. You don't need any of that for fastboot or adb. Unless your planning on developing all that will do is occupy space on your hard drive and a lot of it. Also you could have just pointed the user to newer/latest sdk that will put the tools in platform. No need to download the old sdk just to update to the newer one with a whole lot of installs the average user will never need. Your guide should definitely be removed because its highly incorrect.

#Root_Hack-Mod*Always\
    Okay here is an expansion of step one for new Windows 8 Preview

For all those who are not able to install unsigned drivers.

1. Go to Settings (right bar) >> Change PC settings >> General >> Advance Startup Hit restart
    2. You will now enter a new boot screen with multiple options
      Troubleshoot >>Advanced Options >> Windows Startup
    3. Here you are presented with couple of boot options. Use F1 to F12 key to select.
      So if Boot with "Disable driver signature enforcement " is 7 then use F7 to boot
    4. Once booted go back to device manager, update driver and select your driver folder.

Congrats :)