• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide][WIP][H930EU] Get VoLTE/VoWiFi functional and available

Search This thread

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
  • :INTRO:
    OK: here's the thread we are talking about and working on getting VoLTE & VoWiFi to work :good:. For now this is for the H930 Open EU variant only, it worked for two peoples incl. me, but I think this is applicable on other variants of V30, with respective edits (/OP, you'll read later), too. Maybe even to other phones? I don't know, LG is sth (=something) special ;) This thread will rise with time I think, with different edits or ways to reach the goal: we want VoLTE/VoWiFi, sth, LG imho should've taken more care of...
    I hope, my english is sufficient so everyone understands what's to do :D And, btw.: you should have "Allow OEM Unlock" switched off.

User @Krekos/CZ/ did help me in a special way: he zipped his modem config files I by accident deleted from my phone and uploaded them :good: Without them I would've not being able to complete this work, and therefore I wanted to say thanks again to him at this point :D (I think you can't hear this anymore, hm? ;)). He's btw. the second person for whom this worked, he's got VoLTE&VoWiFi now.
    These files should work on other SD835 phones too, I link them here for archival. Eventually we can get a collection from every variant, this way we might be able to activate VoLTE etc. for a carrier on a phone which was not intended to being used with other operators. So a call to other variant users: can you please tar and upload these files to XDA? Procedere is:
    1. Connect your phone via ADB and open a command prompt
    2. type:
      Code:
      adb shell tar -czf /sdcard/mbn-files.tar.gz /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
    3. Upload this file to your post here in this thread. I'll add it to the list then.

Links to modem cfg files (mcfg_sw.mbn):
    H930 EU Open
    US998 Open

These files need special permissions, of course... Otherwise it would be boring ;)
    The path (on a LG phone) for oreo firmware is as follows:
    /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
    For pie it's not /firmware/, but /vendor/firmware_mnt/: pls remember to change path in the following process accordingly when using pie.

Permissions are:
    files 0440 system:system
    folders 0550 system:system
    Apply them via terminal emulator or adb:
    Code:
    cd /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
    chown -R system:system * {apply to everything in this folder and subfolders correct user and group}
    chmod -R 0550 * {apply to everything in this folder and subfolders permissions}
    find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0440 {apply to files only (not directories) in every (sub)folder permissions}
  • :MAIN PART:
    Prerequisites:
    - H930 (or variant, later)
    - rooted
    - File Manager with root privileges
    - eventually a decent editor of your choice
    - and a little bit knowledge about giving permissions and changing owners/groups, if needed

I won't give help about e.g. files not editable because of problems with filemanagers or root, do the search work for infos and parameters you need, or anything else, sry :) You have to prepare and maybe investigate some time to find some infos. You have to know, that this can lead to a brick, if you're doing weird stuff :)

Let's begin with backing up your complete ROM via TWRP, incl. efs, data and all you need. Backup your OP partition too:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/OP of=/sdcard/OP.img
    It's about 344mb in size and can be restored in recovery or ROM, adb or terminal emulator:
    Code:
    (adb shell) dd if=/sdcard/OP.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/OP
    Then gather some infos, for now it looks we only need MNC and MCC, which identifies your operator. Maybe it later turns out that you need parts of your IMSI too. You'll find it in LG's hiddenmenu:

*#546368#*930#
    Field Test => SIM Info
    You can check, if the IMS Settings are available already. If yes, then there's a high chance you don't need the "some more config" part.

Write it down and have it prepared. Now the editing session begins :D
    First we will load our modem config for our operator. The corresponding script somehow seems broken as it should do its work with files in /data/shared folder, which isn't.
    These configs can give some extra parameters and contain infos about your operator / SIM provider etc.: Open your filemanager (and/or maybe editor, if isn't integrated in fm) and open the file "/firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/mbn_sw.txt". Here find the path for your provider. O2 Germany would be "mcfg_sw/generic_/joan_glo/eu/o2d/o2d/germany/mcfg_sw.mbn". Append these = the complete path for your config file.
    Code:
    /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic_/joan_glo/eu/o2d/o2d/germany
    Copy your op config path, you need this for one of the following edits.
    Now navigate to the folder "/data/property". There should be three files we need. If they are not there, create them with root:root, 0600 and following content pls:
    1. persist.radio.buffet_mbn_file => the long path you copied before
    2. persist.radio.buffet_enable => enable
    3. persist.radio.sw_mbn_update => 1
    Otherwise just edit and save them afterwards. Perform a reboot and then check in hiddenmenu => Field Test = MCFG Buffet, if this file is loaded. Should :)

Some more config is needed. We now need the before told MNC and MCC and maybe the IMSI. We need to point your ROM in the right direction (modem itself is done): localizing it and giving the exact operator infos. Have a check of following files and a look, if they are configured already correctly for your operator, or you have to edit them.
    1. /OP/client_id.xml:
      Is your MNC & MCC inside? If not, copy and paste an example line, edit this one so it suits both.
    2. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/carrier_code.xml:
      Same as above, but a little more complicated. Explanation with an example line:
      Code:
      <profile carrier="O2D" suffix="O2D" carrier_code_fast="" carrier_code_late="TLF" country="DE" mcc="262" mnc="07" mvno_type="imsi" mvno_match_data="26207200xxxxxxx" />
      "Profile carrier": you find this in the long path to your .mbn file you copied before ;) O2D is O2 Germany, edit this to fit your sim provider.
      "suffix": same
      "mvno_match_data": this is part of your IMSI. When your provider is already listed, compare the five numbers after your operatorcode: 26207200xx. This all together has to be the same as the first ten numbers of your IMSI. If not, edit it. This is one of the reasons for VoLTE chaos on O2D, but that's another story.
    3. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/com.lge.ims.rcs.xml
      Same as above: copy and paste a line of simoperator section and edit with your operator details. "prefix" is your country calling code.
    4. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/featureset.xml:
      Change every item which is "false" to "true"
    5. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/vo_config.xml:
      Most likely you need to create an entry for your operator with mnc and mcc. do this and change both variables to "1":
      Code:
      			<info mcc="262" mnc="07"><!-- O2D (you can write anything here or leave it, it's commented out)-->
      				<prop
      					support_volte="1"
      					support_vt="1"
      				/>
      			</info>
      [b][i]Maybe[/i][/b] for some rare cases this is the only edit you need to do to get VoLTE & VoWiFi running :D
    6. Reboot now, then continue. If sth in custom.prop or build.prop is edited the wrong way, this can cause bootloops, so you don't have to do the beforedone work again. And: when something in general went wrong in /OP directories edits, you can dd your OP partition back.
    7. /OP/OPEN_EU/cust.prop (they're all case sensitive):
      ro.lge.capp_cupss.rootdir=/OP/OPEN_EU
      ro.build.target_operator=OPEN
      ro.build.target_country=EU
      ro.build.target_region=EU
      ro.product.locale.region=your region, e.g. "DE" for Germany
      ro.product.locale.language=your language, e.g. "de" for Germany
      ro.lge.cupssgroup=GLOBAL-COM
      ro.lge.opensw=EUR-XX
      ro.lge.radio_mcfg=1
      persist.lg.ims.volte_open=1
      Reboot.
    8. /system/build.prop:
      ro.product.locale: change to match your language
      ro.lge.capp_cupss.rootdir=/OP
      ro.lge.capp_cupss.op.dir=/OP

Reboot again :).
  • :0UTR0:
    The VoLTE and VoWiFi switches should be present now, a) in Phone Settings (both) and b) in Network Settings (VoLTE). We should now be able to hop into IMS Settings. You find it in LG's hiddenmenu => Field Test => IMS Setting.
    First we let the IMS setting show an icon in statusbar, this way we don't need to dial the hiddenmenu code everytime we need the settings. A nice sideeffect: it shows if you're connected or not ;) To do this tip on "Test" and activate "Show Icon". After that go back to the main screen and scroll down to "GPRI VoLTE/VoWiFi". Here you can activate VoLTE/ViLTE/VoWiFi/ViWiFi, depending on what your provider offers in your contract. Go back again to main screen, go into "Test" menu, then "Load Preset Configuration" => "Initialize configuration". Now you can do a reboot and press a thumb: maybe this was it and everything is up and running! Maybe...
    For seeing if VoLTE is up you can check "Debug Screen" => "VoLTE Debug Screen" inside IMS setting.
    You can also turn on VoLTE and VoWiFi indicators/symbols, which are then on the right side of your statusbar near the clock. In IMS settings: => "GPRI VoLTE/VoWiFi" => "Registration" => "VoLTE" => "Indicate VoLTE", and the same for VoWiFi. To be able to place a call in flight mode but with WiFi calling on, enable "Airplane Mode" in VoWiFi menu.

In case you experiment with IMS Setting and suddenly a com.android.phone (or other) fc occurs, you can boot into TWRP, mount data and delete the directory "/data/user_de/0/com.lge.ims" with its integrated filemanager.
K, you're done :cyclops: :) Pls give feedback how it went for you!

Last edited:

manic4droid

Jul 18, 2016
.. Uploaded stuff ..

Hi - thanks for this info. I'm trying to work with it, and added my files. + a few extras stuff> actually not really sure how to do this .... any help? ... Thanks I have a US998 phone.: but want to get the Canadian settings all working ; specifically for Freedom Mobile ( aka : Wind ) --- the files are from a saved backup ( dump ) {{ the uploaded files are from a backup of the H933 canada firmware dump }} ... I'm currently using the US998 kdz firmware on the phone .... :)

Last edited:

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
let's start with
- do you see "MCFG Buffet" in your hiddenmenu?
- can you list all the content (the main directories) in your /OP folder pls?
- does the firmware modem config folder exist and is your provider inside?
- and where does your ro.lge.cupssgroup point to? (adb shell getprop ro.lge.cupssgroup)
I don't know the specialities of other variants, especially the offered providers. I don't even know if this is possible and which files you uploaded to your phone. can you either list them or point to them with a link eventually?

Last edited:

manic4droid

Jul 18, 2016
OK thanks - I'll work on this some more tomorrow -- I don't know where the files I uploaded went to! > but I uploaded >Folders>>> Carrier Config, Modem_pr, qcril_database, vendor, wifi & build.prop. All files were dumped from a working Phone loaded with the Canadian .Kdz H933. ... > ok so I actually took all those files,and overwrote the files om my current phone setup which is US998 .Kdz -- didn't even crash the phone <<< Go figure. I just had to clear the cache and dalvik cache. VoLTE may be working, but my Carrier has a very limited VoLTE service... so I cant check right now. VoWifi is not working. Every setting and menu has it turned "on" but is no working. .... tomorrow I'll follow your instructions after I do a fresh install. of the .KDZ. ..... be well

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
be warned: this can be time consuming :D and causing headaches, too :) stock files would be the best to start with.
is it a native us998 phone? it's the one one can "frankensteining", isn't it? you've overwritten these files and partitions, when I understand you correctly?
you should get hands on following stock partition disk dumps and folders first (kdz won't help as all these files are preloaded and can't be flashed via kdz):
- canadian OP partition (the more important one) (canadian_OP.img <= example filename)
- US998 OP partition (for being able to revert back to stock and trying to get volte/vowifi running with only some edited files on stock us998 partitions, only a few added files or maybe folders from canadian OP partition and only the .mbn file for your provider, taken out of firmware modem config folder). this one shoukd be flashed and worked with.
- stock system image (kdz flash us998)
- clean unencrypted data partition (factory reset and then completely set up with your apps and settings, no db or ither files copied).
- you've got a backup of your stock efs partition?

try to keep your phone as clean as you can as this can only be of help about not being confused. are there gsm/(w)cdma/band differences between us998 and canadian 993?

this could go an interesting way :D let's see, maybe we get it ;) is wifi calling enabled on your contract? I wasn't able to determine this out of your post.

Last edited:

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
there's the possibility to edit the thresholds when wifi calling aborts and switches to cell telephony or volte. it's located in /system/etc and inside a filename called "andsf_your_provider_code.xml", for o2 de it's named "andsf_26207.xml". I've set every threshold to -90, this way wifi calling is still working with only one or two bars wifi reception. otherwise it would abort just too early and switches to other telephony bands.

DLS123

Aug 20, 2013
Thanks for the detailed info.
Not working for me. I managed to add my operator and enable IMS but can't figure out how to make IMS register. Might be because my operator is a little more retarded and uses IPv4 only. No idea where to set that policy, it isn't in IMS settings anymore on the V30.

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
sounds like setup session in IMS setting. go into gpri volte/vowifi setting and try enabling volte and vowifi only, then tap on "call" menu entry. choose "volte" and tip "use sip preconditions" there, use the same setting for "vowifi". check "subscription" in main menu and "IMPI" there: is there a connection adress inside? example:
your_imsi@ims.mncXXX.mccXXX.3gppnetwork.org
replace mnc and mcc with yours but add a zero at the first place of your mnc. for o2 de's mnc which is 07 it looks like
your_imsi@ims.mnc007.mcc262.3gppnetwork.org
then try test menu and restart ims process. or perform a reboot.
but you'll have to investigate more, for yourself. what's your exact provider and mnc mcc?

edit: can be you need an IMS apn for your provider. in it you can set the protocol versions. what's logcat telling?

Last edited:

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Those mcfg files are found inside the modem partition and you can pull them out from any kdz.

Do you have an idea where this is located? (/nv/)

Edit: Also, added some picture showing volte working... when it's not :p (switching back to something else)

Attachments

• Captooofure.PNG
    Captooofure.PNG
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,122
  • yep.png
    yep.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,133
  • yep2.png
    yep2.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,117
Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Medik

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
you're really sure about this? since I've flashed a kdz and a modem and unfortunately this didn't bring back these files on my phone :eek: maybe I did sth. wrong, this is really interesting now. thought they were on efs partition; but these nv files should be on efs. I'm not really sure about that, maybe someone other can finally confirm :good:. edit: I remember I've got carrier services installed, would be interesting if this makes a difference. I hardly believe but try it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.ims
about aosp: there's much more needed, proprietary files and more config inside sources etc pp. I evtl. wanted to do compilings again in winter, I wanted to try this but I need additional ssd space before :D

Last edited:

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Oh sh*t...

I guess I lost my efs partition then...

I tried a bunch of stuff from your first post... sadly, I don't have an /OP/ directory at all... and when I try to force the mcfg mbn (from my sdcard lol, cauz my carrier is not provided in the us998 modem)
Edited a bunch of stuff in my build.prop to make it look more like the canadian one.. but it still doesn't work (even lost the volte option now in the mobile setting menu..)

Also, I tried to flash my canadian modem files... sadly.. the phone boot but the modem doesn't initialize at all... (no wifi and no mobile network)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Medik

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
aye, sh¡t... and there's no efs backup from your phone done / available as it sounds. you lost your IMEI too??
can you check the directory
/dev/block/bootdevices/by-name
and see if there's an OP "file"? eventually only the script which mounts it is broken. if I remember correctly there was a thread about regathering the IMEI or at least fixing some stuff on efs. maybe this helps you, unfort. I don't know where it was, you have to search yourself.
k, sleeping now, it's hard for me these days after my shoulder operation... hopefully we get your phone back running! I'm optimistic :) flashing a efs backup and changing the imei back to your original one for example. don't know if this is possible, but how often did I think "sh¡t, now it's over, phone's bricked" and then a solution appears out of nothing. you should've seen my face in the moment volte came.up on my phone xD xD xD
see you later :) be optimistic!

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Oh sorry! I still got my efs partition.. I thought it would get overwritten when doing the frankenstein method.. But I guess not.. Is there any way I can debug why the modem doesnt work at all when flashing the canadian one while using the us998 system?

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
there is but I don't have it in mind atm :D it's explained here at xda somewhere, logcat and dmesg is used for that :good: can be that it is bands related? so you have to unlock bands in your modem settings? edit: most likely not as wifi is dead too...

Last edited:

DLS123

Aug 20, 2013
sounds like setup session in IMS setting. go into gpri volte/vowifi setting and try enabling volte and vowifi only, then tap on "call" menu entry. choose "volte" and tip "use sip preconditions" there, use the same setting for "vowifi". check "subscription" in main menu and "IMPI" there: is there a connection adress inside? example:
your_imsi@ims.mncXXX.mccXXX.3gppnetwork.org
replace mnc and mcc with yours but add a zero at the first place of your mnc. for o2 de's mnc which is 07 it looks like
your_imsi@ims.mnc007.mcc262.3gppnetwork.org
then try test menu and restart ims process. or perform a reboot.
but you'll have to investigate more, for yourself. what's your exact provider and mnc mcc?

edit: can be you need an IMS apn for your provider. in it you can set the protocol versions. what's logcat telling?

I already tried to set IPMI with my data like [email protected] but IMS still don't register and the setting doesn't stick. it always reverts to a default like [email protected].
I also created the ims APN but it doesn't help with anything.

I'm still digging but so far I have no clue what's going on.

Last edited:

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
hmm, did you try configuring sip telephony? for o2 germany the registration looks like
country code + phone number @ telefonica.de = (for germany) [email protected]. have a look at /data/user_de/0/com.lge.ims/shared_prefs/impu_list.xml
(user_de: I don't know if this is indicating the language the rom uses? so for an english language build it can look like user_en? I don't know...).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    • :INTRO:
      OK: here's the thread we are talking about and working on getting VoLTE & VoWiFi to work :good:. For now this is for the H930 Open EU variant only, it worked for two peoples incl. me, but I think this is applicable on other variants of V30, with respective edits (/OP, you'll read later), too. Maybe even to other phones? I don't know, LG is sth (=something) special ;) This thread will rise with time I think, with different edits or ways to reach the goal: we want VoLTE/VoWiFi, sth, LG imho should've taken more care of...
      I hope, my english is sufficient so everyone understands what's to do :D And, btw.: you should have "Allow OEM Unlock" switched off.

User @Krekos/CZ/ did help me in a special way: he zipped his modem config files I by accident deleted from my phone and uploaded them :good: Without them I would've not being able to complete this work, and therefore I wanted to say thanks again to him at this point :D (I think you can't hear this anymore, hm? ;)). He's btw. the second person for whom this worked, he's got VoLTE&VoWiFi now.
      These files should work on other SD835 phones too, I link them here for archival. Eventually we can get a collection from every variant, this way we might be able to activate VoLTE etc. for a carrier on a phone which was not intended to being used with other operators. So a call to other variant users: can you please tar and upload these files to XDA? Procedere is:
      1. Connect your phone via ADB and open a command prompt
      2. type:
        Code:
        adb shell tar -czf /sdcard/mbn-files.tar.gz /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
      3. Upload this file to your post here in this thread. I'll add it to the list then.

Links to modem cfg files (mcfg_sw.mbn):
      H930 EU Open
      US998 Open

These files need special permissions, of course... Otherwise it would be boring ;)
      The path (on a LG phone) for oreo firmware is as follows:
      /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
      For pie it's not /firmware/, but /vendor/firmware_mnt/: pls remember to change path in the following process accordingly when using pie.

Permissions are:
      files 0440 system:system
      folders 0550 system:system
      Apply them via terminal emulator or adb:
      Code:
      cd /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
      chown -R system:system * {apply to everything in this folder and subfolders correct user and group}
      chmod -R 0550 * {apply to everything in this folder and subfolders permissions}
      find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0440 {apply to files only (not directories) in every (sub)folder permissions}
    • :MAIN PART:
      Prerequisites:
      - H930 (or variant, later)
      - rooted
      - File Manager with root privileges
      - eventually a decent editor of your choice
      - and a little bit knowledge about giving permissions and changing owners/groups, if needed

I won't give help about e.g. files not editable because of problems with filemanagers or root, do the search work for infos and parameters you need, or anything else, sry :) You have to prepare and maybe investigate some time to find some infos. You have to know, that this can lead to a brick, if you're doing weird stuff :)

Let's begin with backing up your complete ROM via TWRP, incl. efs, data and all you need. Backup your OP partition too:
      Code:
      dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/OP of=/sdcard/OP.img
      It's about 344mb in size and can be restored in recovery or ROM, adb or terminal emulator:
      Code:
      (adb shell) dd if=/sdcard/OP.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/OP
      Then gather some infos, for now it looks we only need MNC and MCC, which identifies your operator. Maybe it later turns out that you need parts of your IMSI too. You'll find it in LG's hiddenmenu:

*#546368#*930#
      Field Test => SIM Info
      You can check, if the IMS Settings are available already. If yes, then there's a high chance you don't need the "some more config" part.

Write it down and have it prepared. Now the editing session begins :D
      First we will load our modem config for our operator. The corresponding script somehow seems broken as it should do its work with files in /data/shared folder, which isn't.
      These configs can give some extra parameters and contain infos about your operator / SIM provider etc.: Open your filemanager (and/or maybe editor, if isn't integrated in fm) and open the file "/firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/mbn_sw.txt". Here find the path for your provider. O2 Germany would be "mcfg_sw/generic_/joan_glo/eu/o2d/o2d/germany/mcfg_sw.mbn". Append these = the complete path for your config file.
      Code:
      /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic_/joan_glo/eu/o2d/o2d/germany
      Copy your op config path, you need this for one of the following edits.
      Now navigate to the folder "/data/property". There should be three files we need. If they are not there, create them with root:root, 0600 and following content pls:
      1. persist.radio.buffet_mbn_file => the long path you copied before
      2. persist.radio.buffet_enable => enable
      3. persist.radio.sw_mbn_update => 1
      Otherwise just edit and save them afterwards. Perform a reboot and then check in hiddenmenu => Field Test = MCFG Buffet, if this file is loaded. Should :)

Some more config is needed. We now need the before told MNC and MCC and maybe the IMSI. We need to point your ROM in the right direction (modem itself is done): localizing it and giving the exact operator infos. Have a check of following files and a look, if they are configured already correctly for your operator, or you have to edit them.
      1. /OP/client_id.xml:
        Is your MNC & MCC inside? If not, copy and paste an example line, edit this one so it suits both.
      2. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/carrier_code.xml:
        Same as above, but a little more complicated. Explanation with an example line:
        Code:
        <profile carrier="O2D" suffix="O2D" carrier_code_fast="" carrier_code_late="TLF" country="DE" mcc="262" mnc="07" mvno_type="imsi" mvno_match_data="26207200xxxxxxx" />
        "Profile carrier": you find this in the long path to your .mbn file you copied before ;) O2D is O2 Germany, edit this to fit your sim provider.
        "suffix": same
        "mvno_match_data": this is part of your IMSI. When your provider is already listed, compare the five numbers after your operatorcode: 26207200xx. This all together has to be the same as the first ten numbers of your IMSI. If not, edit it. This is one of the reasons for VoLTE chaos on O2D, but that's another story.
      3. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/com.lge.ims.rcs.xml
        Same as above: copy and paste a line of simoperator section and edit with your operator details. "prefix" is your country calling code.
      4. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/featureset.xml:
        Change every item which is "false" to "true"
      5. /OP/OPEN_EU/config/vo_config.xml:
        Most likely you need to create an entry for your operator with mnc and mcc. do this and change both variables to "1":
        Code:
        			<info mcc="262" mnc="07"><!-- O2D (you can write anything here or leave it, it's commented out)-->
        				<prop
        					support_volte="1"
        					support_vt="1"
        				/>
        			</info>
        [b][i]Maybe[/i][/b] for some rare cases this is the only edit you need to do to get VoLTE & VoWiFi running :D
      6. Reboot now, then continue. If sth in custom.prop or build.prop is edited the wrong way, this can cause bootloops, so you don't have to do the beforedone work again. And: when something in general went wrong in /OP directories edits, you can dd your OP partition back.
      7. /OP/OPEN_EU/cust.prop (they're all case sensitive):
        ro.lge.capp_cupss.rootdir=/OP/OPEN_EU
        ro.build.target_operator=OPEN
        ro.build.target_country=EU
        ro.build.target_region=EU
        ro.product.locale.region=your region, e.g. "DE" for Germany
        ro.product.locale.language=your language, e.g. "de" for Germany
        ro.lge.cupssgroup=GLOBAL-COM
        ro.lge.opensw=EUR-XX
        ro.lge.radio_mcfg=1
        persist.lg.ims.volte_open=1
        Reboot.
      8. /system/build.prop:
        ro.product.locale: change to match your language
        ro.lge.capp_cupss.rootdir=/OP
        ro.lge.capp_cupss.op.dir=/OP

Reboot again :).
    • :0UTR0:
      The VoLTE and VoWiFi switches should be present now, a) in Phone Settings (both) and b) in Network Settings (VoLTE). We should now be able to hop into IMS Settings. You find it in LG's hiddenmenu => Field Test => IMS Setting.
      First we let the IMS setting show an icon in statusbar, this way we don't need to dial the hiddenmenu code everytime we need the settings. A nice sideeffect: it shows if you're connected or not ;) To do this tip on "Test" and activate "Show Icon". After that go back to the main screen and scroll down to "GPRI VoLTE/VoWiFi". Here you can activate VoLTE/ViLTE/VoWiFi/ViWiFi, depending on what your provider offers in your contract. Go back again to main screen, go into "Test" menu, then "Load Preset Configuration" => "Initialize configuration". Now you can do a reboot and press a thumb: maybe this was it and everything is up and running! Maybe...
      For seeing if VoLTE is up you can check "Debug Screen" => "VoLTE Debug Screen" inside IMS setting.
      You can also turn on VoLTE and VoWiFi indicators/symbols, which are then on the right side of your statusbar near the clock. In IMS settings: => "GPRI VoLTE/VoWiFi" => "Registration" => "VoLTE" => "Indicate VoLTE", and the same for VoWiFi. To be able to place a call in flight mode but with WiFi calling on, enable "Airplane Mode" in VoWiFi menu.

In case you experiment with IMS Setting and suddenly a com.android.phone (or other) fc occurs, you can boot into TWRP, mount data and delete the directory "/data/user_de/0/com.lge.ims" with its integrated filemanager.
    K, you're done :cyclops: :) Pls give feedback how it went for you!
    i'm using bought version of root explorer or QuickEdit Pro with root rights :)
    Tnx a lot, really appreciate it :D
    here it is:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BI0Fy1OFlzLpv4uXk0l4afX2pROuScBt/view?usp=drivesdk

op.zip, containing the folders you need to compare :good:

for video calling it's the "enable_vt" line. but i don't know if you've got a button in dialer then with that edit or have to use google duo app...? can look at this when i got my new device, which btw was sponsored (after kids broke my phone) by a wonderful person known by anyone who unlocked his device: @ChazzMatt ! chazz, really, big phat thx again on this place :)
    For the first stem, I gave root permissions to the terminal but it says the path is read only.

View attachment 4990489

View attachment 4990491

Root permissions doesn't make a file or file-system read/write. You have to change the permissions to modify files, and/or you may have to re-mount the file system to make it writeable. You can only do that from root, so you're halfway there.

Regardless, BE CAREFUL with any of these steps, because when you remount you can break other things by mistake. If you don't know what you're doing, you can cause lots of problems. If you don't know how to remount, you may want to ask the OP how to do this. Bottom line, I don't know the process myself so I don't want you to just remount and then break things and blame me... let people who are more experienced in this process chime in instead. (I didn't see remounting mentioned in the first post, so it could be mentioned elsewhere...)
    every critical operation is best done in recovery (firmware mount needed) when possible, and not w/o a backup done beforehand :good: