[GUIDE] Written CM9 Install Instructions

Search This thread

coolfi

Jun 14, 2011
If you don't want watch a long video on another site, this is a simple guide to install CM9, if this is your first time and are totally new follow instuctions here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1305891

If you already have CM7 then all you have to do is download the CM 9 and ACMEinstaller2, more info here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1452324

then.
1 copy the cm9 .zip file to the folder cminstall you created when installing cm7 of your touchpad and eject.
2 shutdown your touchpad
3 Hold the volume up button and press power button simultaneously. You should see a white USB symbol.
3 Connect the USB cable to pc and touchpad, the driver will be automatically detected and installed.
4 copy the ACMEinstaller2 file you downloaded to your desktop or wherever you want. Open up cmd as admin ( in windows) or root terminal ( in linux or mac). cd to the directory where you just extracted your ACMEinstaller2.
5 type
Code:
novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
NOTE: windows users might have to manually move the novacom.exe and/or AcmeInstaller into c:\programfiles\palm folder and run the above command from there.

Once all done you will boot in to CM9. You can then flash gapps via cwm.

Hope it helps someone.

Last edited:

pault949

Oct 23, 2010
Palm Harbor, Florida
Thank you. This was a huge help.

Just a note: The ACMEInstaller that you download is a binary file already which means it does not need to be 'extracted' anywhere; just move it to the same directory as your novacom executable.

apollo13hk

Aug 4, 2009
is it no google's installed on CM9 Alpha 0 ?
i cannot open any app from Google like Market , Maps, Gmail ... etc even I flashed the GAPPS file ? any steps I missed ? Please help:confused:

happyta5

Dec 8, 2011
What I did is just flash this over xron 2.9 using cwm. Wipe cache... I do not even do a factory reset. Most application seems fine..

Wi-Fi problem is the same. I got drop off once in a while. To all dev, I think this should no. 1 priority in the list. Thank you all..

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

dirran

Jan 18, 2009
i cannot open any app from Google like Market , Maps, Gmail ... etc even I flashed the GAPPS file ? any steps I missed ? Please help:confused:

Yeah you have to flash gapps again in clockworkmod recovery but you need to install the fix after to fix calendar sync.

So flash this..
http://db.tt/y32Pyffb

Then flash the fix...
http://db.tt/FGJdjvuy

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

Last edited:

laff4fun

Feb 14, 2009
Thanks for the Novacom and ACMEInstaller Refresher!

Thanks for the refresher! It really helped!

CM9 installed flawlessly...no problems, except for those that are already known.
Thanks!

mxmarcus

Jun 14, 2010
What I did is just flash this over xron 2.9 using cwm. Wipe cache... I do not even do a factory reset. Most application seems fine..

Wi-Fi problem is the same. I got drop off once in a while. To all dev, I think this should no. 1 priority in the list. Thank you all..

True but I just wiped everything and reflashed it. It is amazing.
I am sold on the ICS

getontarget

Dec 11, 2010
Installed using cwm a couple days ago. Alpha 0 means little to me... still far better than any gingerbread from out there. Did factory reset, cache, system and have been fine ever since. Such a relief to have a usable keyboard, UI, browser(tabs), and stability too. Trebuchet launcher is basically stock. Allows nice scrollable Widgets and resizing.

ankorez

Apr 22, 2010
Woooooooooh

i've own TouchPad and Xoom

but i prefer ICS on my TP !!!

excelent work CM9 Team

i love u!!!!

androidmonkey

Mar 3, 2009
thanks for posting this. While videos are helpful, some people dont know how to edit videos and post a 10 min video on a 3 min process.

toddsts

Jul 1, 2008
Cary, NC
Thanks for the instructions. So far except for the camera everything is working great. Even my eyefi app and Olympus raw support.

Todd

LochNiss

Dec 1, 2007
I installed but my tp is just stuck on a loop on the boot up (nexus) animation. any help is appreciated.

I'm getting the same problem. My first install was through ACMEInstaller 2. Then I copied the other CM9 file from dalingrin's post and installed via ClockworkMod. Same issue. Here is what I am running:

used ACMEInstaller2
moboot 0.3.5
CWM- tenderloin 1012 (based recovery v5.0.2.6)

Last edited:

tbrummell

Sep 27, 2007
Ottawa
Reactions: amf100

obscure.detour

Apr 20, 2010
Thank you for the guide. Just wanted to share my experience. Was coming from XRON 2.9.1.

NOTE: My instructions are for people who have TWRP installed. I use it exclusively instead of CWR. My instructions also include a Market fix that allows the installation of tablet apps. The market will NOT auto update due to the modified market apk. I also say format /system, /data, /cache, and dalvik, probably overkill, but it works great. If you're not comfortable formatting everything, don't :p

• Downloaded CM9 Alpha 0/0.5 from dalingrin's thread, here.
  • Downloaded Gapps from sprice5's XDA thread, here.
  • Downloaded modified Market apk from PhantomGamer's Rootzwiki thread.
  • Opened Gapps zip with 7zip and deleted Vending.apk and replaced with PhantomGamer's modified apk. Renamed to Vending.apk
  • Renamed MarketUpdater.apk -> MarketUpdater.apk.bak as PhantomGamer states in his thread.
  • Booted to TWRP, backed up my CM7 install.
  • Wiped data, system, cache, and davlik.
  • Flashed CM9 Alpha 0/0.5, flashed modified Gapps, flashed charger/system UI fix -> found in dalingrin's thread, here.
  • Rebooted. Welcomed by ICS goodness.
  • Synced Gmail account, opened Market and downloaded Reddita (Tablet Reddit App). Works great!

Thanks to dalingrin, sprice5, PhantomGamer and of course the CM team!

Everything is working great.

Last edited:
Reactions: amf100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you don't want watch a long video on another site, this is a simple guide to install CM9, if this is your first time and are totally new follow instuctions here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1305891

If you already have CM7 then all you have to do is download the CM 9 and ACMEinstaller2, more info here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1452324

then.
    1 copy the cm9 .zip file to the folder cminstall you created when installing cm7 of your touchpad and eject.
    2 shutdown your touchpad
    3 Hold the volume up button and press power button simultaneously. You should see a white USB symbol.
    3 Connect the USB cable to pc and touchpad, the driver will be automatically detected and installed.
    4 copy the ACMEinstaller2 file you downloaded to your desktop or wherever you want. Open up cmd as admin ( in windows) or root terminal ( in linux or mac). cd to the directory where you just extracted your ACMEinstaller2.
    5 type
    Code:
    novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
    NOTE: windows users might have to manually move the novacom.exe and/or AcmeInstaller into c:\programfiles\palm folder and run the above command from there.

Once all done you will boot in to CM9. You can then flash gapps via cwm.

Hope it helps someone.

Yeah you have to flash gapps again in clockworkmod recovery but you need to install the fix after to fix calendar sync.

So flash this..
    http://db.tt/y32Pyffb

Then flash the fix...
    http://db.tt/FGJdjvuy

This kernel is supposed to help with wifi issues.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1454963
    Thank you for the guide. Just wanted to share my experience. Was coming from XRON 2.9.1.

NOTE: My instructions are for people who have TWRP installed. I use it exclusively instead of CWR. My instructions also include a Market fix that allows the installation of tablet apps. The market will NOT auto update due to the modified market apk. I also say format /system, /data, /cache, and dalvik, probably overkill, but it works great. If you're not comfortable formatting everything, don't :p

• Downloaded CM9 Alpha 0/0.5 from dalingrin's thread, here.
    • Downloaded Gapps from sprice5's XDA thread, here.
    • Downloaded modified Market apk from PhantomGamer's Rootzwiki thread.
    • Opened Gapps zip with 7zip and deleted Vending.apk and replaced with PhantomGamer's modified apk. Renamed to Vending.apk
    • Renamed MarketUpdater.apk -> MarketUpdater.apk.bak as PhantomGamer states in his thread.
    • Booted to TWRP, backed up my CM7 install.
    • Wiped data, system, cache, and davlik.
    • Flashed CM9 Alpha 0/0.5, flashed modified Gapps, flashed charger/system UI fix -> found in dalingrin's thread, here.
    • Rebooted. Welcomed by ICS goodness.
    • Synced Gmail account, opened Market and downloaded Reddita (Tablet Reddit App). Works great!

Thanks to dalingrin, sprice5, PhantomGamer and of course the CM team!

Everything is working great.
    Sorry, I have been searching and I can not locate info.

How do I get USB mode so I can transfer files to TP running Android?

The quick answer is Settings ==> Storage ==> Menu (3 dots)

Make sure that one is checked - MTP should work for you. If your PC struggles to connect, then try toggling Android debugging (Developer options)

Good luck!