[GUIDE][XESS/XED]Install CM10 with stable baseband(SIM detected). *Updated*

Search This thread

MatsPunt

Sep 15, 2013
Batcave
No probs, What are the .zip files anyway are they @jjm34 revised 0.8.1.36 versions of cm10 or what?...... explain?

An update he released.
Flashing this will not fix the bug permanently. You have to reflash it every time the bug occurs.

This works the same as just flashing the base ROM again, that's how you should see it.

Again, if you make modifications in CM10 you have to add them aslo to the fix.zip!

Mats

Sent from my Xperia E using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Johnt880

Dec 7, 2013
Dublin
I also tried 0.8.1.36 version ,If i remember right ,that was not good ,So then i used the 1.1.0 that i put in the link,And so far no problems with the Gsm at all
I have it days on my phone .. You can just use the nanhu ds -ota-1.1.0 on it's own .And that is it sorted ..To my own experiences
If i get a Gsm fail i will let you know for sure .. .I do like the speed of it really fast UI and even on the net Magic ;)

MatsPunt

Sep 15, 2013
Batcave
I also tried 0.8.1.36 version ,If i remember right ,that was not good ,So then i used the 1.1.0 that i put in the link,And so far no problems with the Gsm at all
I have it days on my phone .. You can just use the nanhu ds -ota-1.1.0 on it's own .And that is it sorted ..To my own experiences
If i get a Gsm fail i will let you know for sure .. .I do like the speed of it really fast UI and even on the net Magic ;)

Yes, indeed. I had tried to flash the base over the current CM10(just wipe cache and dalvik cache) but nothing happened, except that I lost all of my mods... So I came back to stock.

Awesome man!

Mats

Sent from my Xperia E using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Johnt880

Johnt880

Dec 7, 2013
Dublin
@MatsPunt

I have decided to take a closer look and i will put stock on my phone and do further testing ....... What are mods hihihii may i ask ? ..I know it sounds bad when i do not know the lingo lol It is hard to fix a problem if i do not have it myself

Just to clarify to others,that don't know

I went back to stock Xperia E C1505 11.3A223 Unbranded and i took
the boot.img from cm_nanhu_ds-ota-1.1.0 and flashed it to my phone booted up
in Twrp recovery..Then i flashed cm_nanhu_ds-ota-1.1.0 wipe all caches and
then reboot ,first thing i did then was pick sim number 1
Then i went back into recovery mode to flash gapps wipe cache /reboot
And it is all working fine ..Now i will wait to see if i ever lose Gsm
If anyone did this and lost Gsm please tell me
Oops one more thing go to build prop and edit persist.multisim.config=dsds
to persist.multisim.config=ds and save and reboot
(saves hassle from picking sim 1 or sim 2 )
I would really appreciate it Thanking you all for your good advice ...

Last edited:

Johnt880

Dec 7, 2013
Dublin
I use Android kitchen and i keep getting errors, Is there one that does Xperia stock , I get errors like cannot update binary or it has detected 4 things and found only 3 packages
I really want to learn about been able to sort out my own ftf software ,before i move onto roms
Thanking you on advanced

MatsPunt

Sep 15, 2013
Batcave
I use Android kitchen and i keep getting errors, Is there one that does Xperia stock , I get errors like cannot update binary or it has detected 4 things and found only 3 packages
I really want to learn about been able to sort out my own ftf software ,before i move onto roms
Thanking you on advanced

Hi,

Do you have the intention to build a ROM with the kitchen?

Getting the required files is quite easy. You need to extract system.sin from the .ftf with a compressing software(WinRar etc). Then you open Flashtool and click tools>sin editor. Choose the system.sin you just extracted. Then click dump data.

It will take a while. The output is a system.ext4 file. Use a LinuxExt reader to extract all the folders inside. Place them in a folder named "system".

That's part one. Part 2 is the META-INF folder. Just extract it from any stock based ROM in this forum (my ROM for example).

Zip the 2 folders and place them in C:Cygwin/users/Johnt/Android Kitchen/put ROM here.

After you're done with modding, swap out the META-INF folder with the one you added in the beginning.

Because when the kitchen converts it to amend and you flash it, you'll get a status 6 error. The original META-INF folder doesn't have this problem.

If you want some help with the updater-script, you can make your own thread or PM me.

Hope this helps for now!

Mats

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Johnt880

Johnt880

Dec 7, 2013
Dublin
OH wow man that is awesome thanks very much ,I am at this for hours now ,Just wanted to try my own rom before i try others I really appreciate it
I have to try it, asap hahahha

MatsPunt

Sep 15, 2013
Batcave
@MatsPunt

You should create 2 versions of this, one for SS and one for DS. The only difference would be that you would remove the line:

persist.multisim.config=dsds

in the single sim versions to avoid any confilict. And Get Rid of the Dual Sim Icons in Status Bar

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :p

So much to do! Plus some crap for school. Ugh.

Anyway, it's on my growing list...

Mats

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
@MatsPunt Never use mega again!!!!!!
worst filesharing site ever(good for uploader ,bad for downloader).....it like NSA hosting a file sharing service! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
GOOGLE DRIVE OR ANY OTHER FILESHARING site link please!!!!

also avoid those sites having premium download sections ...like 4shared etc....

Last edited:

MatsPunt

Sep 15, 2013
Batcave
@MatsPunt Never use mega again!!!!!!
worst filesharing site ever(good for uploader ,bad for downloader).....it like NSA hosting a file sharing service! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
GOOGLE DRIVE OR ANY OTHER FILESHARING site link please!!!!

Uhm, no. Mega is safer than Google Drive. Mega is created by Kim Dotcom, and it tries to be as safe as possible. It´s easier for the NSA to check Google Drive than Mega. I´ll try to mirror tomorrow, because you ask it really nice ;).

Mats

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Uhm, no. Mega is safer than Google Drive. Mega is created by Kim Dotcom, and it tries to be as safe as possible. It´s easier for the NSA to check Google Drive than Mega. I´ll try to mirror tomorrow, because you ask it really nice ;).

Mats
thanks!!! a lot
from 4shared i tried to download a ftf overnight ....it cancelled itself at 39%....(overnight i could easily download 1gb forget 300mb)
mega is good if you have a fast net connection(which i don't)....but its online browser download kills it....and there is no way to get the direct link.....it even has mega downloader software which dosent even detect the download
avoid those sites having premium download sections...like wait 20 secs and stuff

Reactions: NeoTrix

MatsPunt

Sep 15, 2013
Batcave
thanks!!! a lot
from 4shared i tried to download a ftf overnight ....it cancelled itself at 39%....(overnight i could easily download 1gb forget 300mb)
mega is good if you have a fast net connection(which i don't)....but its online browser download kills it....and there is no way to get the direct link.....it even has mega downloader software which dosent even detect the download
avoid those sites having premium download sections...like wait 20 secs and stuff

Check the OP. I have updated it. If you are lazy(can't blame you):

Downloads:

E single:
-Deodexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhteURaWS1OcDBhWE0/edit?usp=sharing
-Odexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtZVFmaUtQVmZ3ZFE/edit?usp=sharing

E dual:
-Deodexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtdy1QS2puMEFadlk/edit?usp=sharing
-Odexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtOUJBSjVLXzl5Ym8/edit?usp=sharing

Gapps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtc0VZVE1ySHBkb0k/edit?usp=sharing

Reactions: Grimlock007

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Haha, thanks! I see in your signature that you managed to get your hands on a ZR. Congratulations ;) !
Its my brothers, frigging butter smoooth that ZR (i'll never leave my E....ok, maybe i will)
iGyWYIE.jpg

note-photo taken before 4.3 update on ZR(thats why no transparency )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This now has HADES kernel?! AWESOME

Last edited:
S

SmashMii

Even on my first boot, i cant get it to detect my SIM. Tried many different ways.. Gonna try CM again when CM11 comes out..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I decided to update this thread with separate E/E dual links, plus some extra instructions

You'll need an unlocked bootloader for this action. Unlocking the bootloader will result in warranty loss. I will not be held responsible for anything that may or may not happen to your device.

What is the point of this thread? Well, this thread offers you a CM10 for our E with the baseband uknown(SIM not recognized issue) that randomly occurs after a couple reboots(some people like me get it in 3 days, others have never got it).

This CM10 was an update by @jjm34 (OTA 1.1.0). Member @Johnt880 discovered that this update brings a stable baseband. All credits go to him! I merely created E single and E dual versions and Deodexed them! I also replaced the boot.img with @UltraGamerHD his Hades kernel, so you'll get 1,5 gHz OC and some other stuff.

The bugs of this CM10 are:
    -Magnetomet not working(no automatic landscape/portrait)
    -Video recording doesn't work.
    -Video playback doesn't work(no YouTube)
    -Bluetooth acts strange(it connects, but refuses to exchange any kind of media)

As you can see that's pretty bearable.

Installation instructions:
    1. Download the appropiate ROM for your device. Choose the Odexed or the Deodexed version(easier modding).
    2. Download the Gapps(contains Play Store, so pretty important)
    3. Place the 2 .zips on your SD card(internal or external, doesn't matter)
    4. Flash the boot.img inside the ROM.zip. You can use Flashtool or the Android SDK.
    5. Boot into your preferred recovery(TWRP is the most convenient). Blue LED=TWRP. Green LED=CWM.
    7. When using TWRP: Wipe cache, dalvik-cache, data and system under ''Wipe'', ''Advanced wipe''
    When using CWM: Wipe data(hard reset), wipe dalvik-cache(under ''advanced'') and format system
    8. Install zip from SD card>CM10ROM.zip
    9. When it's done, install zip from SD card>gapps.zip
    10. Reboot system, insert PIN and enjoy your SIM recognized CM10 :D
    Little advice: CM10 doesn't give you the option to switch between Wi-Fi and 3G like stock does. So when you insert your G-mail and password, it will use precious data to establish a connection. If this is something you don't want to, just skip the G-mail, skip the creation of a G-mail, and go to ''Settings''>''More''>''Mobile Networks'' and uncheck the data. Now you can enable Wi-Fi and open the Play Store. You will have to insert a G-mail and now you can since you have a wi-fi connection ;)

Downloads:

E single:
    -Deodexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhteURaWS1OcDBhWE0/edit?usp=sharing
    -Odexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtZVFmaUtQVmZ3ZFE/edit?usp=sharing

E dual:
    -Deodexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtdy1QS2puMEFadlk/edit?usp=sharing
    -Odexed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtOUJBSjVLXzl5Ym8/edit?usp=sharing

Gapps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6-n6J0wUrhtc0VZVE1ySHBkb0k/edit?usp=sharing

Credits:
    @Johnt880 for the discovery of the update.
    @UltraGamerHD for his Hades kernel.
    @jjm34 for the actual ROM
    I have to say you were 100 percent in good advice , I had it done in no time at all , I would never thought of that , I was trying to convert to emmc type
    so it would work , Many thanks , and keep up the good work , I cannot thank you enough you're awesome !!
    re-upload the links

as the user who posted this thread has deactivated his account so the links wont get renewed if you want deodex cm10 have a look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-j-e/development/e-e-dual-deodexed-cm10-t2444015

keep calm and call J.A.R.V.I.S
    I am sorry for misleading anyone , I just never thought of testing the video,I tested camera and panoramic as they worked. I assumed the video would too
    Anyway keep up the good work Many thanks :)
    Wait.. camera and panaroma? Those work, it's only video recording.
    @Johnt880 No problems, you are now in my list of people whom I like a lot! By a lot, I mean I'd be star-struck if I met you.