[GUIDE] Xiaomi Qin F21 Pro Custom Firmware, Root, Playstore Certified

Search This thread

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
I know but is there a way to do it from engineering options? Or maybe a way from the twrp?
Haven't explored it. But i doubt.

most SMS connection uses GSM. If your NETWORK SETTING is set to WCDMA or LTE only, the SMS frequency wont really work. Make sure you choose GSM in Engineering Mode NETWORK SELECTING.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220508-061257.png
    Screenshot_20220508-061257.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Chabanda

Jun 26, 2018
UPDATE! MY DEVICE IS 4/64 with unlocked bootloader

Unofficial Qin F21 Pro (MTK chipset) firmware, version 1.1.1 multilanguage.
Thanks to @redsat, @gaguga and the whole 4pda community.
Install at your own risk and responsibility.
For testing purposes only, will be updated or changed if necessary.
Use SP flash tool for flashing, bootloader should be unlocked on the phone (via @mlgmxyysd tool or Ubuntu boot image). Having the full own ROM dump is highly recommended in advance.

Changes:
-Removed chinese applications
-Decrypted data partition
-APK installer with no restrictions
-System partitions are writable
TWRP recovery 3.6.0_11-0 is added
(In TWRP the phone memory is accessible via path: /data/media/0)

WARNING: FLASHING THE FIRMWARE WILL WIPE EVERYTHING! I SUGGEST BACKUP IMPORTANT FILES BEFORE DOING THIS

ALL FILES NEEDED for WINDOWS https://www.mediafire.com/file/tl8hv77gl0vo6sd/qin_f21_pro_mtk.zip/file

1. download and extract zip
  2. extract "F21PRO_1.1.1 (2).zip" (the firmware)
  3. extract "SP_Flash_Tool_V5.zip" (flash tool)
  4. install drivers
  5. open "flash_tool.exe"
  6. select scatter file from the firmware folder
  7. click download
  8. turn phone off
  9. hold back button then plug usb cable to pc. It should start flashing
  10. after download complete, unplug then boot to TWRP then reset factory
  11. Congrats! You now have chinese free apps firmware with TWRP Installed
  12. If it wont boot "DEVICE ENCRYPTED", just go to TWRP and FORMAT DATA then reboot (it should boot to system now)
  13. transfer "boot_2.img" phone or transfer it to a USB Flashdrive (more easier to locate)
  14. boot to TWRP once again
  15. go to device path /data/media/0 or USB storage path using OTG
  16. FLASH IMAGE "boot_2.img" to boot partition to fix the device twrp path to /sdcard
  17. reboot and proceed to installing ROOT and Google services
HOW TO BOOT TWRP:

* + heart button (upper left) + power on. once douqin logo appears press up button + power on immediately. TWRP first boot is in Russian language. just change it to english change twrp language

HOW TO ROOT + GAPPS with playstore certified + fix keypad annoying issue

1. transfer all the app APK from the "APK" folder youve download
  2. install everything (QinPad be a more stable keypad input)
  3. open gboard and enabled both gboard and QinPad (this should give you a quick switch of input in the notification bar everytime you will type something)
  4. open MAgisk app and update the apps to 22.1. phone reboots (DO NOT UPDATE TO VERSION 24.3)
  5. Open magisk again then Install Magisk > Select a patch file > choose "boot_2.img" in your directory
  6. transfer "open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20211217.zip" to device
  7. boot to TWRP
  8. FLASH IMAGE "boot_2.img_patch" should be in download path
  9. flash "open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20211217.zip"
  10. reboot THE CURRENT SLOT
  11. you will see playstore. you will have an annoying message "device isnt playstore certified" just ignore it
  12. open MAGISK app go to settings and enable MAGISK HIDE, search module and install "Busybox for NDK" then reboot
  13. open MAGISK app, search module and install "MagiskHide Props Config" then reboot
  14. open Terminal emulator app
  15. type "su" enter (grant permission)
  16. type "props" enter
  17. type "1" enter
  18. type "F" enter
  19. type "30" enter
  20. type "25" enter
  21. type "2" enter
  22. type "y" enter
  23. type "y" enter (phone reboots)
  24. after reboot wait gapps to update (around 5-10 mins) then sign in to playstore
  25. you've now enter Playstore
  26. go to playstore settings > about > click update playstore
  27. wait for it to update the version and keep checking in playstore settings > about > IF DEVICE IS CERTIFIED
  28. If the updated playstore still said " DEVICE IS NOT CERTIFIED", proceed to manual
  29. install device id apps from playstore and copy your GSF ID
  30. manual register it here > https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/?pli=1
  31. go settings ~ apps and look for playstore and play services and clear data. reboot phone and Playstore should be certified!
Congats! your phone now is rooted with twrp, no more chinese apps, and with fully working google services. I suggest perform a TWRP backup and store it somewhere safe for future use.

I made this tutorial as DETAILED and as EASY TO FOLLOW as posible. Credits to 4pda community group and for individuals who contributed to made this posible. Sorry if my English bad. Not my native language. If you lke the tutorial, you can buy me a beer. paypal > jaybazt@gmail.com
Thank you very much, I've followed the instructions and it's working.
I have a question, if i want to unroot my phone by uninstalling magisk manager, does my phone will work properly??

kirriane15

Feb 17, 2015

Use SP flash tool for flashing, bootloader should be unlocked on the phone (via @mlgmxyysd tool or Ubuntu boot image). Having the full own ROM dump is highly recommended in advance.

Changes:

WARNING: FLASHING THE FIRMWARE WILL WIPE EVERYTHING! I SUGGEST BACKUP IMPORTANT FILES BEFORE DOING THIS

ALL FILES NEEDED for WINDOWS https://www.mediafire.com/file/tl8hv77gl0vo6sd/qin_f21_pro_mtk.zip/file

4. install drivers
  5. open "flash_tool.exe"
  7. click download
  8. turn phone off
  12. If it wont boot "DEVICE ENCRYPTED", just go to TWRP and FORMAT DATA then reboot (it should boot to system now)
  13. transfer "boot_2.img" phone or transfer it to a USB Flashdrive (more easier to locate)
  16. FLASH IMAGE "boot_2.img" to boot partition to fix the device twrp path to /sdcard
HOW TO BOOT TWRP:

* + heart button (upper left) + power on. once douqin logo appears press up button + power on immediately. TWRP first boot is in Russian language. just change it to english change twrp language

3. open gboard and enabled both gboard and QinPad (this should give you a quick switch of input in the notification bar everytime you will type something)
  4. open MAgisk app and update the apps to 22.1. phone reboots (DO NOT UPDATE TO VERSION 24.3)
  5. Open magisk again then Install Magisk > Select a patch file > choose "boot_2.img" in your directory
  7. boot to TWRP
  10. reboot THE CURRENT SLOT
  11. you will see playstore. you will have an annoying message "device isnt playstore certified" just ignore it
  12. open MAGISK app go to settings and enable MAGISK HIDE, search module and install "Busybox for NDK" then reboot
  13. open MAGISK app, search module and install "MagiskHide Props Config" then reboot
  16. type "props" enter
  17. type "1" enter
  18. type "F" enter
  19. type "30" enter
  20. type "25" enter
  21. type "2" enter
  22. type "y" enter
  24. after reboot wait gapps to update (around 5-10 mins) then sign in to playstore
  27. wait for it to update the version and keep checking in playstore settings > about > IF DEVICE IS CERTIFIED
  28. If the updated playstore still said " DEVICE IS NOT CERTIFIED", proceed to manual
  31. go settings ~ apps and look for playstore and play services and clear data. reboot phone and Playstore should be certified!
Congats! your phone now is rooted with twrp, no more chinese apps, and with fully working google services. I suggest perform a TWRP backup and store it somewhere safe for future use.

I made this tutorial as DETAILED and as EASY TO FOLLOW as posible. Credits to 4pda community group and for individuals who contributed to made this posible. Sorry if my English bad. Not my native language. If you lke the tutorial, you can buy me a beer. paypal > jaybazt@gmail.com
Thank you for this! Right now I need help because I'm stuck because of an error in flashing the scatter file from the firmware folder (please check image). I heavily rely on google apps and services because of work and I really wanted this to work on my device. I really appreciate it if you can help me. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 238

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
Thank you for this! Right now I need help because I'm stuck because of an error in flashing the scatter file from the firmware folder (please check image). I heavily rely on google apps and services because of work and I really wanted this to work on my device. I really appreciate it if you can help me. Thanks a lot!
Try extracting using 7zip. Don't use WinRAR

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
Thanks for the reply. I started everything from the beginning and used 7zip for extracting. I'm positive that I didn't miss a step from the guide, but still the same error is showing from the flash tool. :'(
What phone are you using? What variant? This is for 64gb qin f21 pro (MTK SOC). There's also a qin F21 PRO PLUS
(unisoc soc). This will not work on the PRO PLUS

Or your bootloader is still LOCKED

kirriane15

Feb 17, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220513-112932.png
    Screenshot_20220513-112932.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20220513-113012.png
    Screenshot_20220513-113012.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 117

kirriane15

Feb 17, 2015
I see. Thanks for the info po :)
Nope. If its from shoppee, its still locked bootloader. The image you show is just the 1st step on unlocking the bootloader.
Hello. I tried unlocking the bootloader using this guide: https://xdaforums.com/t/tools-mod-scripts-mlgmxyysds-qin-f21-pro-unlock-tool.4368277/page-4, but instead, my device got dm_verify corrupt and won't work anymore, always restarting every five seconds. Is there any fix for this? Please help :'(

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
Thank you very much, I've followed the instructions and it's working.
I have a question, if i want to unroot my phone by uninstalling magisk manager, does my phone will work properly??
You need to uninstall magisk inside the app first then uninstall the magisk app to fully unroot the phone. All modules in magisk installed be gone in system as well. However the fingerprint hack for playstore certification should remain.
And yes, the phone should run normal still even you uninstall magisk
IMG_20220513_194259_250.jpg

shulemf

May 22, 2022

Changes:

4. install drivers
  5. open "flash_tool.exe"
  7. click download
  8. turn phone off
HOW TO BOOT TWRP:

7. boot to TWRP
  10. reboot > SYSTEM
  16. type "props" enter
  17. type "1" enter
  18. type "F" enter
  19. type "30" enter
  20. type "25" enter
  21. type "2" enter
  22. type "y" enter

I made this tutorial as DETAILED and as EASY TO FOLLOW as posible. Credits to 4pda community group and for individuals who contributed to made this posible. Sorry if my English bad. Not my native language. If you lke the tutorial, you can buy me a beer. paypal > jaybazt@gmail.comView attachment 5618807
how do i install twrp on this device qin f21 pro 32gb

Last edited:

motty12

Feb 9, 2022

Changes:

4. install drivers
  5. open "flash_tool.exe"
  7. click download
  8. turn phone off
HOW TO BOOT TWRP:

7. boot to TWRP
  10. reboot > SYSTEM
  16. type "props" enter
  17. type "1" enter
  18. type "F" enter
  19. type "30" enter
  20. type "25" enter
  21. type "2" enter
  22. type "y" enter

I made this tutorial as DETAILED and as EASY TO FOLLOW as posible. Credits to 4pda community group and for individuals who contributed to made this posible. Sorry if my English bad. Not my native language. If you lke the tutorial, you can buy me a beer. paypal > jaybazt@gmail.comView attachment 5618807
does this proccess work to root and put on google to an ungoogled (but global) 64/4gb version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    we need a new DA file since December all phones that have been made can't be flashed since they need a new DA (download agent) file...

if anyone knows more or anything please comment
    TUTORIAL UPDATE!

MY DEVICE IS 4/64 with unlocked bootloader

Changes:

WARNING: FLASHING THE FIRMWARE WILL WIPE EVERYTHING! I SUGGEST BACKUP IMPORTANT FILES BEFORE DOING THIS. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE DONT BOOT, SOFT/HARD BRICKED! THIS TUTORIAL IS TO DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

ALL FILES REQUIRED FOR WINDOWS
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/tl8hv77gl0vo6sd/qin_f21_pro_mtk.zip/file

4. install drivers
    5. open "flash_tool.exe"
    7. click download
    8. turn phone off
    10. after try turn on phone (1st boot takes a while)
    13. transfer "boot_2.img" phone or transfer it to a USB Flashdrive (more easier to locate) (FOR 3/32 VARIANTS TRY TO USE THIS BOOT IMAGE BOOT.IMG 3/32)
    16. FLASH IMAGE "boot_2.img" to boot partition to fix the device twrp path to /sdcard (IMPORTANT! boot is an IMAGE FILE not ZIP FILE. by default, TWRP is set to check for zip file and will n0t se IMAGE FILES in the directories. YOU NEED TO TAP THE INSTAL IMAGE BUTTON so image files will appear)
    HOW TO BOOT TWRP:

5. Open magisk again then Install Magisk > Select a patch file > choose "boot_2.img" in your directory (path where you transfer it)
    7. boot to TWRP
    8. FLASH IMAGE "boot_2.img_patch" IN THE BOOT PARTITION. then reboot. should be found in download path in TWRP
    9. go TWRP again and flash "open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20211217.zip"
    10. reboot > SYSTEM
    16. type "props" enter
    17. type "1" enter
    18. type "F" enter
    19. type "30" enter
    20. type "25" enter
    21. type "2" enter
    22. type "y" enter
    30. register it manually here > https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/?pli=1

HOW TO FIX NO/DELAYED INSTALLED APPS NOTIFICATIONS

Thanks for JawadEly for the info, it works!

1. Install all your apps
    2. Install terminal emulator app and system app remover app from playstore (this will give you the apk path you want to systemize)

3. open magisk, search and intall "APP SYSTEMIZER" module then reboot.
    4. open terminal emulator app
    6. type "su" and grant the permission
    7. type "systemize"
    8. You need to set Selinux = TRUE by choosing "s"
    9. once its set to TRUE, you can now systemize any app provided you know the apk path of the apps installed.
    10. enter "3", here is where you put the apk path of the app you want to systemize
    11. to get the apk path of installed app open the "system app remover" app you installed.
    12. go to user apps and LONG PRESS an app you wish to systemize.
    13. copy the apk path then go to terminal emulator and paste it. Type "1" to confirm.
    14. Go to settings > apps list > clear storage of that app you transfer as system app
    15. done! just repeat the proceedure for each app you wish to fix the notifications.

BEWARE! Be careful using system app remover. Don't uninstall system apps required for the android system. You might end up in a bootloop. This app is also used to remove bloatwares of OEM firmwares.

I made this tutorial as DETAILED and as EASY TO FOLLOW as posible. Credits to 4pda community group and for individuals who contributed that made all this posible. Sorry if my English bad. Not my native language. If you lke the tutorial, you can buy me a beer.
    paypal > jaybazt@gmail.com
    gcash > 09912293147
    IMG_20220520_202046_114.jpg
    Here is the link to the 3/32 firmware provided by mitmachim:

and here is a link to the thread called how to unbrick qin f21 pro:
    I bought a cracked version of the 4/64 version of Xiaomi Qin F21 Pro unlocked bootloader, rooted, and with preinstalled fully working Google Playstore and Play services running on the official firmware 2.0.8.

But lately there's a very nice update development from 4PDA website for the device! It took me a while before I made it work and a lot of trial and error.

I will make a full detailed easy to follow step by step tutorials on how to do it with all the links for the files required.

The results will be:

• A fully converted v1.1.1 custom firmware without the chinese apps
    • TWRP Recovery
    • fully rooted
    • certified playstore and google services fully working
    • THE PROCESS COULD ALSO UNBRICKED THE PHONE

Requirements:

• PC
    • UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER Xiaomi Qin F21 Pro (MTK soc) V1.0+ V2.0+ (4/64gb ONLY)
    • Files (will be provided)
    • working brain

CREDITS:

• 4PDA FORUMS device thread
    • Telegram Group
    • DEVS for the unlock bootloader tool
    • DEVS for the Custom Firmware
    • DEVS for porting TWRP
    • testers
    • many more I probably forgot

...........TUTORIALS SOON
    Hi I used these instructions for a F21 Pro 32GB
    Thank very much! it worked.
    However I spent 10 hours to get playstore to work
    I am a iphone guy, so android and rooting android was new to me.
    Several things can be clearer. I will list them here to help others.
    Step 4) before step 4 you need to have your wifi password, otherwise you cannot proceed.
    also the screen shots found in later pages, showing the differece between "installed" and not "installed" helped alot.
    "the apps" should say "the app" (I initially thought that all apk's need patching and wasted a lot of time trying to do it)
    Step 5) as I have 32gb I used the BOOT.IMG 3/32 in the initial step 13)
    it could be made clear that if this is the case you need to patch use this file thought, not "boot_2.img".
    Step 8) it could be made clearer that you are patching a file and the resulting file will be located on the phone.
    WARNING: AFTER SEARCING FOR AGES I FOUND THE PATCHED FILE IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION. main "DOWNLOADS" (not /sd...) so the message in Magisk had the wrong location.

14) open Terminal emulator app. Instructions did not work. after "su" there was no "grant" message, it opened up Magisk, and the other actions did nothing.
    After many guesses, I tried unhiding Magisk, rebooting, and then 14) worked. I then rebooted, and re-hid Magisk
    so the instructions to hide magisk is premature, in my case and caused it to fail.
    The above took me 10 hours to realise.
    Got there in the end though.
    Thank you
    It appears to be an issues acrossed android 11 OEM firmware phones (Chinese?). Happens to my Blackshark 3 too running Android 11. For some reasons, its a new way of the firmware how to improved battery life (or bugged). I've observed that keeping the app running in the background solves some of my notifications issue. Or if you can get an app drawer that has an option to PIN the app in recents tab preventing to kill the app process. Just try it for yourself goodluck
    what i did to fix the notification issue is to install the app as an system app, i used magisk module called systemizer.
    have a look on youtube you will find an tutorial.