[GUIDE] Xiaomi Qin F21 Pro with US Bands

Search This thread

nemoslumbers

Apr 19, 2023
Just tested this guide.
I have both, the f21pro and the f30.
The process working well, and indeed the bands list showing the f30 bands, however I can't see any affect on the signal itself. I mean, the original f21pro also working partially on USA, because some bands are supported in USA, however the signal still same as it was before the process, unlike the f30, which have perfect signal
I think it's not really changing something, it's only changing the list from where the device getting the bands list. However the real bands coming probably from the hardware

This is very interesting.

Reactions: Potential_Threat
Apr 18, 2023
After configuring the US bands has anyone been able to make it to work with US mobile LTE?
When I slip in the sim it connects to the Network right away and Says Verizon. but after a minute or so it disconnects and continues doing so repeatedly.

Apr 18, 2023
Will this process make my phone work on Verizon network
So 80% of the time it will. But sometimes being that the IMEI is not recognized by Verizon as an IMEI that's supposed to work with their service it will keep on throwing it off the network.
The only fix for that is flashing a Verizon approved IMEI onto this phone with SN writer tool, Only problem with flashing IMEI'S, is that it's pretty illegal.

samtee237

May 16, 2023
So 80% of the time it will. But sometimes being that the IMEI is not recognized by Verizon as an IMEI that's supposed to work with their service it will keep on throwing it off the network.
The only fix for that is flashing a Verizon approved IMEI onto this phone with SN writer tool, Only problem with flashing IMEI'S, is that it's pretty illegal.
And I was wondering if it is legal to flash a Verizon IMEI number of a phone that I own to my device

ben00

Sep 17, 2008
Xiaomi Qin F21 Pro with US Bands

LTE Bands 2, 4, 12, 13, 17, 66, 71 as provided by the US Qin F30 Kosher.

Things you need:
I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE DOESN'T BOOT, SOFT/HARD BRICKED! THIS TUTORIAL IS TO DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

GUIDE:

1. Write down your F21's Original IMEI, Wifi Mac Address, and Bluetooth Address.

Go into your phone settings and scroll all the way down to "About Phone".
Here you will find your IMEI, Device Wi-Fi MAC address, and Bluetooth address.
WRITE THESE DOWN!!!!!!!! YOU NEED THESE LATER!!!!!!! I even included a txt file for you to do it in!
We want to write these down because we will need them for the SNwriter tool later.

2. Turn off your phone and boot into TWRP, you can do this by holding the heart/owl key (top left) and the * (star, bottom left) key, you will see the Douqin Logo. Keep holding until TWRP boots.

3. Plug the F21 into computer and TWRP will allow ADB connections. We are going to use ADB to pull/backup your modem and identifier files in case you mess up =)
DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. WE WILL BE OVERWRITING THESE FILES - THEY CONTAIN THE IDENTIFIERS THAT YOU WROTE DOWN ABOVE.
Even though we will no longer be using these files, they are original to your phone, and I think its incredibly important to have a back up. I even included an empty folder for you to put them in!

Use the following ADB commands:
  • adb pull /dev/block/by-name/nvdata
  • adb pull /dev/block/by-name/nvram
  • adb pull /dev/block/by-name/nvcfg
Now find those files and put them some where safe!!!
(You can also use TWRP and copy the files, and put the on a USB stick or maybe some where else on the phone)

4. Turn off the phone again, you can do this from TWRP by going to Reboot and chosing Power Off.

5. Open SPFlash Tool and load the scatter file provided from my files "MT6761_Android_scatter - edited.txt". This will add the NVData, NVRam, NVcfg partitions to flashable partitions.
  • 5a. Uncheck all the boxes we don't need and only check off nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, and md1img_a. These are the ONLY partitions we are flashing. (They should already be selected! BUT SO WILL THE PRELOADER, UNCHECK PRELOADER, I had to include it in the folder for the flashing to work, but we do NOT need to flash it!)
  • 5b. Click the "location" portion of each row and find the corresponding file from the files I provided. (This should already be done!)
  • 5c. When you got everything set up, click the Green Arrow Download button. With your phone turned off, hold the BACK button (top right) and plug it in. It will flash these files to your phone. KEEP YOUR PHONE OFF FOR NOW.

6. Open SNwrite tool on your computer, make sure ComPort says USBVCOM, and Target Type says Smart Phone.
  • 6a. Open the System Config button and make sure ONLY IMEI, BT Address, and Wifi Address are checked off in the "Write Option" (top left) section.
  • 6b. In the DataBase File section (at the bottom) and make sure "Load AP DB from DUT and Load Modem DB from DUT are checked.
  • 6c. Click on the MD1_DB button and select the "MDDB_InfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6761_S00_MOLY_LR12A_R3_MP_V88_3_1_ulwctg_n.EDB" file located in the AP DB Base\\MT6761 folder (within SNwrite folder).
  • 6d. Click on the AP_DB button and seelect the "APDB_MT6761_S01__W1947" file located in the AP DB Base\MT6761 folder (within SNwrite folder).
  • 6e. Click Save and go back to the main window, click on "Start" and a new window will pop up. Remember how I told you to WRITE DOWN all of these from your F21? This is where we need it.
    • IMEI_1 = your original IMEI.
    • BT Addr = Your Bluetooth Address (no colons!)
    • Wifi Addr = Your Wifi MAC Address (no colons!)
  • 6f. Before you click OK be sure to have your phone at the ready. You will need to, just like with SP Flash Tool, hold the back button as you plug it in! Click OK and plug in your phone with the back button held. Wait for the bar to progress and the green PASS signal to light up.
  • 6g. When its done, your original identifiers will be flashed to your phone! Another window may pop up making you think you have to flash again, just close it as long as you saw that Green PASS signal you are good.

7. TURN ON YOUR PHONE AND ENJOY US LTE BANDS!!!!!! 2, 4, 12, 13, 17, 66, 71
These cover most of T-mobile and Verizon users!

Go back into your phone settings as in Step 1 and make sure your original IMEI, Wifi Mac Address and Bluetooth Address are there.

To confirm the bands, use the phone dialer and type:
*#*#3646633#*#*
This will take you into engineering mode (use at your own risk, don't mess with anything!) and click on Band Mode. Scroll thru the bands and you can confirm which ones are active. As far as which ones are currently being used, I am unsure of how to do that just yet. Will update when I know (was told there are apps that might be able to do this).

-----------------------------
Things to note:
  • AGAIN: BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR FILES and write down your IMEI, Wifi MAC ADDRESS and BLUETOOTH ADDRESS! I cannot state this enough.
  • If you do not do the SNwrite tool (section 6 of the steps) you will have DUMMY made-up identifiers, and technically those will work for a while.. but you don't want to have the same ones as others, so please do section 6.
  • I cannot help you with unlocking your bootloader, that part can be easier and the tool I linked was not fun. There are apparently much easier ways, please look into them.
  • If you can unlock your bootloader, and install TWRP you can do the rest of these steps easy!
If you would like to buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/storymode

I'd like to thank:

Jbazt_katuforzs (XDA forums) for the Unofficial Qin F21 Pro firmware tutorial.

Sense_101 (XDA forums) who I couldn't have done this without, they helped me with learning ADB commands and knowing which files I would need to get this done.

mosheys (XDA) who told me about SNwrite tool.. which I knew about, but couldn't work before, and gave me the motivation to try again, really made this all come together.

jbriones95 (Reddit) who got me into Dumbphones and introduced me, through his videos, to the F21 Pro. The perfect phone for me!

eitokai (Reddit) who worked on tinkering with the F30 and made me believe I could do it too, and make progress - and everyone they thanked helped too!

Quick shout outs to Highpowers23 (Reddit), and 154FAviator (Reddit).

Lots of other random tutorials online where other people were trying to do similar things with their phones!!

-edits-

4/25/23: Fixed an issue where SPFlash tool was giving an Invalid Preloader error on Step 5a. I had to add the preloader file to the supplied download, but we do NOT need to flash the preloader. Edited step 5a to reflect change. Thanks to XDA user mosheys for pointing it out =)
Is there any instructions how to revert back to original modem?

Replacing the 3 files with the ones ADB pulled from the phone, and flashing with this same method, results in no modem. Doesn't recognize SIM Card. No service.
Thank You.

YIt2

Jul 17, 2023
Hi, I'm new here so I hope this this is the appropriate place to ask.
I'm thinking of purchasing the Qin F22 Pro, just worried about the limited band support in the US and Canada.
This thread has a guide to get support for US bands on the F21. Will this guide work for the F22 Pro too?
If not, can anyone help me with this?
Thank you in advance!

Apr 18, 2023
Hi, I'm new here so I hope this this is the appropriate place to ask.
I'm thinking of purchasing the Qin F22 Pro, just worried about the limited band support in the US and Canada.
This thread has a guide to get support for US bands on the F21. Will this guide work for the F22 Pro too?
If not, can anyone help me with this?
Thank you in advance!
So far no one had any luck with adding bands to the 22, T-Mobile works well in some areas.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm considering buying the F21 Pro, but I'm seeing a lot of things and hoping someone and confirm

I was told that If you buy the ones that come with google etc. on aliexpress, they are most likely spyware.

So if I buy the original China one, and run this fix for the bands, will it also make it "Kosher" like the F30 (in other words no apps or anything?)

If not, will it be a regular android phone that I can add Google services (play store, maps, etc.)?

Also, I would want to use a debloater and kind of make is Semi-Kosher, as the school I go to has restrictions on phones. (In other words remove browser and stuff like that, but add Uber, Maps, and other useful apps.)
    Will I be able to to do that after this?

Thanks in advance for clarifying
    No. It's just for the bands. It's not the whole f30.
    And yes, is gonna be a normal Google phone.
    And yes, you can filter it afterwards.
    (Make sure you filter it tzadickel...)
    I can't read the reddit post due to my filter, but it's a half truth. Let's clear this out:
    The complaints weren't the same as what you just brought:
    (reddit): "
    Phone was from AliExpress I spent 173$ (Canadian dollars) the phone came in three weeks. First Impressions everything is cute and good HOWEVER as you guys know the phone is from china so I ran an Antivirus software to find out that the keyboard that came with the phone called (kika 123) is legit a virus and it triggered the bitdefender app and I deleted it SADLY before taking a screenshot. I went to settings I realized this phone came with security patch 2020?? This phone also has an unlocked boatloader??? None those things were in the description. This phone has no compass so google maps and the GPS is literally useless it'll get you lost because google maps won't realize if you turn left or right due to no compass within the phone.
    This phone is highly suspicious don't buy it. I learned my lesson not to trust AliExpress now. The phone is from xiamoi which is a good company but this seller took the phone put a virus on it and modded it even though it's not the cracked f21 pro version that works in the USA I think called koushair or something.
    Guys what's deadly suspicious is the browser (Chinese) once you oken it to takes you to their weird search engine called Badu or something and other Chinese apps that you can't disable and they have access to all settings camera and location and microphone and you can not even disable the access!!! Whoever is selling this phone knows what they're doing.
    Unlocked boatloader
    No compass
    Outdated security patch Suspicious browser, contacts, messages apps that have access to everything and you can't disable it
    Virus with the keyboard that came with it and on top of this the seller won't issue a refund!!! A despute with my bank will be immediately processed. I've been using AliExpress for years and this will be my first ever despute within the app and actually my first ever time calling a bank for a despute/charge back.
    "
    So in summary, the answer is "ya never know". But don't feel so special that the Chinese government needs ya... They only need ppl that are "top-secret mission-impossible spies" = you have nothing to worry.

Yea dw i know, but the reddit was saying how the google isnt from xiaomi, rather someone got it and resold it with google. I'm not exactly scared so much because i dont have any private and sensitive things on my phone, but if by getting the non google one and putting it on i can get a safer device i would
    The complaints weren't the same as what you just brought:
    (reddit): "Phone was from AliExpress I spent 173$ (Canadian dollars) the phone came in three weeks. First Impressions everything is cute and good HOWEVER as you guys know the phone is from china so I ran an Antivirus software to find out that the keyboard that came with the phone called (kika 123) is legit a virus and it triggered the bitdefender app and I deleted it SADLY before taking a screenshot. I went to settings I realized this phone came with security patch 2020?? This phone also has an unlocked boatloader??? None those things were in the description. This phone has no compass so google maps and the GPS is literally useless it'll get you lost because google maps won't realize if you turn left or right due to no compass within the phone.
    This phone is highly suspicious don't buy it. I learned my lesson not to trust AliExpress now. The phone is from xiamoi which is a good company but this seller took the phone put a virus on it and modded it even though it's not the cracked f21 pro version that works in the USA I think called koushair or something.
    Guys what's deadly suspicious is the browser (Chinese) once you oken it to takes you to their weird search engine called Badu or something and other Chinese apps that you can't disable and they have access to all settings camera and location and microphone and you can not even disable the access!!! Whoever is selling this phone knows what they're doing.
    Unlocked boatloader
    No compass
    Outdated security patch Suspicious browser, contacts, messages apps that have access to everything and you can't disable it
    Virus with the keyboard that came with it and on top of this the seller won't issue a refund!!! A despute with my bank will be immediately processed. I've been using AliExpress for years and this will be my first ever despute within the app and actually my first ever time calling a bank for a despute/charge back.
    "

Yea dw i know, but the reddit was saying how the google isnt from xiaomi, rather someone got it and resold it with google. I'm not exactly scared so much because i dont have any private and sensitive things on my phone, but if by getting the non google one and putting it on i can get a safer device i would
    I hear what he says.
    First of all: there is indeed suspicious stuff going on. But whatever he says, isn't suspicious.
    1. Kika 123 is a typical keyboard. Nothing major there. The nuu f4L has it. Whatever... Plus - the models we have doesn't have that specific keyboard.
    2. Unlocked bootloader. What's the problem? It's just practical since programmers will unlock it anyways.
    3. The location isn't good, but works fine. Try it yourself using Waze or Google maps. (What does this have to do with China anyways?)
    4. default messaging and browsing apps - you can uninstall them if your scared. (Use lucky patcher for easy uninstalling)
    5. "Koshair" (🤣) has nothing to do with cracked f21 version (I couldn't breath )

This guy is just a conspiracy theorist that loves adventure and watch dogs 🎮.
    What might be suspicious is:
    - that they don't sell it on the official xiomi website.
    - Or some apps wouldn't run saying "the Device isn't certified" (for an example, TextNow)
    - Or that they illegally forged the מאושר logo.
    It just sounds that the guy wants to feel ethically correct for asking for a refund.
    Hatzlachah rabbah
    Yea, thanks so much :)
    I'm Trying to install TWRP or flashing US bands.
    Well anyway TWRP is not going to work normally on any version only on version 1.1.1 where they decrypted the phone there TWRP works The other phones are encrypted so even if you do install TWRP you won't have access to the file system files, as far as flashing US bands you said it's the f30 I don't understand why I need to do that?
    Xiaomi Qin F21 Pro with US Bands

LTE Bands 2, 4, 12, 13, 17, 66, 71 as provided by the US Qin F30 Kosher.

Things you need:
    I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE DOESN'T BOOT, SOFT/HARD BRICKED! THIS TUTORIAL IS TO DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

GUIDE:

1. Write down your F21's Original IMEI, Wifi Mac Address, and Bluetooth Address.

Go into your phone settings and scroll all the way down to "About Phone".
    Here you will find your IMEI, Device Wi-Fi MAC address, and Bluetooth address.
    WRITE THESE DOWN!!!!!!!! YOU NEED THESE LATER!!!!!!! I even included a txt file for you to do it in!
    We want to write these down because we will need them for the SNwriter tool later.

2. Turn off your phone and boot into TWRP, you can do this by holding the heart/owl key (top left) and the * (star, bottom left) key, you will see the Douqin Logo. Keep holding until TWRP boots.

3. Plug the F21 into computer and TWRP will allow ADB connections. We are going to use ADB to pull/backup your modem and identifier files in case you mess up =)
    DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. WE WILL BE OVERWRITING THESE FILES - THEY CONTAIN THE IDENTIFIERS THAT YOU WROTE DOWN ABOVE.
    Even though we will no longer be using these files, they are original to your phone, and I think its incredibly important to have a back up. I even included an empty folder for you to put them in!

Use the following ADB commands:
    • adb pull /dev/block/by-name/nvdata
    • adb pull /dev/block/by-name/nvram
    • adb pull /dev/block/by-name/nvcfg
    Now find those files and put them some where safe!!!
    (You can also use TWRP and copy the files, and put the on a USB stick or maybe some where else on the phone)

4. Turn off the phone again, you can do this from TWRP by going to Reboot and chosing Power Off.

5. Open SPFlash Tool and load the scatter file provided from my files "MT6761_Android_scatter - edited.txt". This will add the NVData, NVRam, NVcfg partitions to flashable partitions.
    • 5a. Uncheck all the boxes we don't need and only check off nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, and md1img_a. These are the ONLY partitions we are flashing. (They should already be selected! BUT SO WILL THE PRELOADER, UNCHECK PRELOADER, I had to include it in the folder for the flashing to work, but we do NOT need to flash it!)
    • 5b. Click the "location" portion of each row and find the corresponding file from the files I provided. (This should already be done!)
    • 5c. When you got everything set up, click the Green Arrow Download button. With your phone turned off, hold the BACK button (top right) and plug it in. It will flash these files to your phone. KEEP YOUR PHONE OFF FOR NOW.

6. Open SNwrite tool on your computer, make sure ComPort says USBVCOM, and Target Type says Smart Phone.
    • 6a. Open the System Config button and make sure ONLY IMEI, BT Address, and Wifi Address are checked off in the "Write Option" (top left) section.
    • 6b. In the DataBase File section (at the bottom) and make sure "Load AP DB from DUT and Load Modem DB from DUT are checked.
    • 6c. Click on the MD1_DB button and select the "MDDB_InfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6761_S00_MOLY_LR12A_R3_MP_V88_3_1_ulwctg_n.EDB" file located in the AP DB Base\\MT6761 folder (within SNwrite folder).
    • 6d. Click on the AP_DB button and seelect the "APDB_MT6761_S01__W1947" file located in the AP DB Base\MT6761 folder (within SNwrite folder).
    • 6e. Click Save and go back to the main window, click on "Start" and a new window will pop up. Remember how I told you to WRITE DOWN all of these from your F21? This is where we need it.
      • IMEI_1 = your original IMEI.
      • BT Addr = Your Bluetooth Address (no colons!)
      • Wifi Addr = Your Wifi MAC Address (no colons!)
    • 6f. Before you click OK be sure to have your phone at the ready. You will need to, just like with SP Flash Tool, hold the back button as you plug it in! Click OK and plug in your phone with the back button held. Wait for the bar to progress and the green PASS signal to light up.
    • 6g. When its done, your original identifiers will be flashed to your phone! Another window may pop up making you think you have to flash again, just close it as long as you saw that Green PASS signal you are good.

7. TURN ON YOUR PHONE AND ENJOY US LTE BANDS!!!!!! 2, 4, 12, 13, 17, 66, 71
    These cover most of T-mobile and Verizon users!

Go back into your phone settings as in Step 1 and make sure your original IMEI, Wifi Mac Address and Bluetooth Address are there.

To confirm the bands, use the phone dialer and type:
    *#*#3646633#*#*
    This will take you into engineering mode (use at your own risk, don't mess with anything!) and click on Band Mode. Scroll thru the bands and you can confirm which ones are active. As far as which ones are currently being used, I am unsure of how to do that just yet. Will update when I know (was told there are apps that might be able to do this).

Things to note:
    • AGAIN: BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR FILES and write down your IMEI, Wifi MAC ADDRESS and BLUETOOTH ADDRESS! I cannot state this enough.
    • If you do not do the SNwrite tool (section 6 of the steps) you will have DUMMY made-up identifiers, and technically those will work for a while.. but you don't want to have the same ones as others, so please do section 6.
    • I cannot help you with unlocking your bootloader, that part can be easier and the tool I linked was not fun. There are apparently much easier ways, please look into them.
    • If you can unlock your bootloader, and install TWRP you can do the rest of these steps easy!
    If you would like to buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/storymode

I'd like to thank:

Jbazt_katuforzs (XDA forums) for the Unofficial Qin F21 Pro firmware tutorial.

Sense_101 (XDA forums) who I couldn't have done this without, they helped me with learning ADB commands and knowing which files I would need to get this done.

mosheys (XDA) who told me about SNwrite tool.. which I knew about, but couldn't work before, and gave me the motivation to try again, really made this all come together.

jbriones95 (Reddit) who got me into Dumbphones and introduced me, through his videos, to the F21 Pro. The perfect phone for me!

eitokai (Reddit) who worked on tinkering with the F30 and made me believe I could do it too, and make progress - and everyone they thanked helped too!

Quick shout outs to Highpowers23 (Reddit), and 154FAviator (Reddit).

Lots of other random tutorials online where other people were trying to do similar things with their phones!!

-edits-

4/25/23: Fixed an issue where SPFlash tool was giving an Invalid Preloader error on Step 5a. I had to add the preloader file to the supplied download, but we do NOT need to flash the preloader. Edited step 5a to reflect change. Thanks to XDA user mosheys for pointing it out =)
    Wow, and I always thought that network bands are hardware that can't be added...
    How's that possible?
    That's what they'd like you to believe! It can be mostly true, but since the F21 has a US clone, the F30, I was able to make it work via their files. Next thing I really want to try is adding more bands if possible. But it involves hex editing perhaps which I'm no good at.
    amazing. looking forward to trying this out later tonight.
    It worked! Amazing. Thank you for putting the time in to write this up.
    Hi
    I have been using this flashed US Bands thing on my phone, and I notice there's few places that my phone just gets thrown off service, I can be in middle of a call and the call ends, etc
    Also I miss a lot of calls due to it getting thrown off service in certain areas. (not talking here in basements etc, just random on street)
    Anybody else experience such issues?