raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
XiaoMiTool.V2

Hi All !
I saw some posts regarding how to flash or switch to an official stock rom without being unlocked but afaik the whole procedure wasn't fully explained yet ;)
Therefore I'll upload some self explanatory pictures but to be honest it is all fairly easy. So do follow the procedure down below.

Follow this video ( russian )

NOTE : DO USE THIS TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK and DO MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR DATA ( because it'll be wiped ! )

1. download the Tool and go to the website thnx @franztesca - info - give this guy some credits ;)
2. run the program and finish the installation
x1.png

3. agree the disclaimer
x2.png

4. choose between a normally running device or a bricked one (ouch :eek:)
x3.png

5. if you see this image you'll have to enable USB debugging
x4.png

6. your device is being found
x5.png

7. collecting device information
x6.png

8. choose the 3rd option
x7.png

9. check the official xiaomi rom ( don't choose the other options because you'll need to be unlocked )
x8.png

10. it will collect info again
x8a.png

11. choose your desired version and continue to agree on both next stages
x9.png

12. enter into your MI-account (if needed again)
x12.png

13. firmware is being downloaded
x13.png

14. again press the 3rd option in recovery mode
x14.png

15. it will push the downloaded file over adb
x15.png

16. installing the rom file...
x16.png

17. FINISHED !
x17.png

E N J O Y

Last edited by a moderator:

maucorpat

Feb 20, 2019
hi, can you let me know if this tool will works for mi device Mi9?. I bought the Mi9 in xiaomi china store 8GB 128GB with chinese room. I've intalled the xiaomi.eu 10.2.16 room, and i want to install the global or the EEA room. I have unlocked the fastboot and installed the TWRP 3.3.0 installed. I not have rooted and I not have magisk installed. this tool will works for me? will not brick my device?.

Last edited:

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
hi, can you let me know if this tool will works for mi device Mi9?. I bought the Mi9 in xiaomi china store 8GB 128GB with chinese room. I've intalled the xiaomi.eu 10.2.16 room, and i want to install the global or the EEA room. I have unlocked the fastboot and installed the TWRP 3.3.0 installed. I not have rooted and I not have magisk installed. this tool will works for me? will not brick my device?.

There are risks to brick device?
You can use this tool as any other tool. And as any other tool there're certain risks using it. But following the automatic procedures correctly - and they're easy ;) - it'll guide you to the roms that can be flashed on your locked/unlocked device.
Read more HERE.
Always do take a full backup of all your data. Remember/write down the version you're on before flashing, just in case.

Reactions: 4Freedom

faustin95

Feb 7, 2015
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You can use this tool as any other tool. And as any other tool there're certain risks using it. But following the automatic procedures correctly - and they're easy ;) - it'll guide you to the roms that can be flashed on your locked/unlocked device.
Read more HERE.
Always do take a full backup of all your data. Remember/write down the version you're on before flashing, just in case.
My MIUI version Is global stable EEA

Reactions: 4Freedom

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
My bootloader unlock period was extended by 3 days but I don't think that had anything to do with using the tool because owners on the Xiaomi site reported similar experiences.

kalliffen

Jul 6, 2005
Hi guys..
Just want to tell you about my experience with this fine tool..
BUT, beware.....
make sure that before you start tampering with your ( Chinese bought / Chinese ROM "filled" phone ) bind it with your MI account / unlock account.
at least thats how i got my soft-bricked phone back to live.
i bought a MI9 in China with the MIUI 10.2 Stable 10.2.11.0(PFACNXM)
i can flash any of the official ROMS for the device using XiaoMiTool.V2.... BUT, i can only lock the bootloader again if i use either Stable China rom or Developer China rom.
so, guys, be careful before you tamper with your Chinese bought phone ( if you want to keep bootloader locked )

Reactions: raystef66

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
The option to flash a custom ROM doesn't work properly with the MI 9 if you have the stock recovery because it uses the fastboot command to reboot to recovery after flashing TWRP. That command boots the MI 9 into the stock recovery and the tool can't do anything after that.

It does work better for switching official MIUI versions while the bootloader is still locked.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Hi
Can i use the tool to change from EEA to china stable with a lock bootloader?

No. You would need an unlocked bootloader to switch between any of the global ROMs and the China ROM or vice versa.

Global360

May 25, 2019
The option to flash a custom ROM doesn't work properly with the MI 9 if you have the stock recovery because it uses the fastboot command to reboot to recovery after flashing TWRP. That command boots the MI 9 into the stock recovery and the tool can't do anything after that.

It does work better for switching official MIUI versions while the bootloader is still locked.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

No. You would need an unlocked bootloader to switch between any of the global ROMs and the China ROM or vice versa.

So i this tool cannot change from eea to china.
But pls confirm if this can change from eea to global stable? Or eea to global dev?

ar_15

Dec 31, 2013
Yes you can. Just changed my Mi9 from EEA to Global Stable, and then updated to Global Beta using system update. All with locked bootloader and its working great :)

That's what I thought. It doesn't make sense to have two global versions (EU and Global) that the user can't change between them while their box are identical so the user wouldn't really know which version he has until he he finds the MIUI info inside the phone. My Mi9 is the EU version but the box says Global.

Reactions: nitroax

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XiaoMiTool.V2

Hi All !
    I saw some posts regarding how to flash or switch to an official stock rom without being unlocked but afaik the whole procedure wasn't fully explained yet ;)
    Therefore I'll upload some self explanatory pictures but to be honest it is all fairly easy. So do follow the procedure down below.

Follow this video ( russian )

NOTE : DO USE THIS TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK and DO MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR DATA ( because it'll be wiped ! )

1. download the Tool and go to the website thnx @franztesca - info - give this guy some credits ;)
    2. run the program and finish the installation
    x1.png

3. agree the disclaimer
    x2.png

4. choose between a normally running device or a bricked one (ouch :eek:)
    x3.png

5. if you see this image you'll have to enable USB debugging
    x4.png

6. your device is being found
    x5.png

7. collecting device information
    x6.png

8. choose the 3rd option
    x7.png

9. check the official xiaomi rom ( don't choose the other options because you'll need to be unlocked )
    x8.png

10. it will collect info again
    x8a.png

11. choose your desired version and continue to agree on both next stages
    x9.png

12. enter into your MI-account (if needed again)
    x12.png

13. firmware is being downloaded
    x13.png

14. again press the 3rd option in recovery mode
    x14.png

15. it will push the downloaded file over adb
    x15.png

16. installing the rom file...
    x16.png

17. FINISHED !
    x17.png

E N J O Y
    Someone above confirmed that we can change from eea to global stable with a lock bootloader using xiaomitool v2.

Now im confused

Yes you can. Just changed my Mi9 from EEA to Global Stable, and then updated to Global Beta using system update. All with locked bootloader and its working great :)

There are risks to brick device?
    Read more HERE.
    Read more HERE.
    My MIUI version Is global stable EEA
    Hi guys..
    Just want to tell you about my experience with this fine tool..
    BUT, beware.....
    make sure that before you start tampering with your ( Chinese bought / Chinese ROM "filled" phone ) bind it with your MI account / unlock account.
    at least thats how i got my soft-bricked phone back to live.
    i bought a MI9 in China with the MIUI 10.2 Stable 10.2.11.0(PFACNXM)
    i can flash any of the official ROMS for the device using XiaoMiTool.V2.... BUT, i can only lock the bootloader again if i use either Stable China rom or Developer China rom.
    so, guys, be careful before you tamper with your Chinese bought phone ( if you want to keep bootloader locked )