[GUIDE][XT1225][5.0.2] Getting Xposed Up and Running

Search This thread

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
Hey guys!!!

So we got to taste Lollipop on the Moto Maxx with the SOAK test for Retail BR devices, and now that Xposed for lollipop is out we all want to test it, but due to its alpha stages its little confusing and difficult to Install and use properly! Follow these steps and you should be rocking Xposed on Lollipop! :cowboy:

Before starting.
MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!
So that you can get back should anything go wrong!!! I have tested this method and its working for me, please don't blame me if anything goes wrong!

Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, i will laugh at you.
*/

1) Go download the "XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha1.apk" & the "xposed-arm-20150213b.zip" from the Official Xposed Thread HERE. Put them into SD card.

2) Download the modified "boot.img" from here.

3)Reboot into fastboot and flash the boot.img
Code:
mfastboot flash boot boot.img

4) Now reboot into recovery and flash the "xposed-arm-20150213b.zip" and CLEAR the CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE if you don't perform this you will run into errors like running out of storage space and stuff!

5) Now reboot back to Android OS, it will take few minutes to Optimize all apps once again. wait patiently.

6) Install the "XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha1.apk" from SD card

7) THATS IT! you are ready to ROCK Xposed on Lollipop!! The Latest version of Gravity Box works too! :D

You can install any module that you want that is compatible with the latest Xposed and have fun! :) :victory:

Credit-
1) @rovo89 for Xposed Lollipop
2)@DualJoe for helping me modify the boot.img to set it to Permissive.

Last edited:

goalando

Jul 30, 2010
OnePlus 7T Pro
I've been using xposed since went out. I didnt need a modified boot file.

Edit. Just read again it is to make selinux permanent. Ill try it later.

Also now new Gravitybox runs ok but little slow.

Last edited:

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
Do I need custom recovery installed for Xposed to actually work? Or I just need it for installing the zip?
I'm asking this because I was thinking about only booting TWRP, while keeping stock recovery.

Last edited:

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
Booted TWRP, installed the zip and when I tried to wipe cache/dalvik my screen went BLACK.
Probably because the TWRP is stored at /cache when I just boot the image (withou actually flashing it). LoL
I guess I'll have to flash twrp, otherwise I won't be able to wipe cache/dalvik.

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
Booted TWRP, installed the zip and when I tried to wipe cache/dalvik my screen went BLACK.
Probably because the TWRP is stored at /cache when I just boot the image (withou actually flashing it). LoL
I guess I'll have to flash twrp, otherwise I won't be able to wipe cache/dalvik.
Ooops.... Sorry didnt know about that! :eek:

fndpena

Nov 11, 2012
Montréal
Ooops.... Sorry didnt know about that! :eek:

No problem... I just had to force reboot. Then I flashed TWRP and wiped cache/dalvik just fine.
Now I only want to restore stock recovery, but I'm not sure if there is a stock recovery image out there... Maybe inside the lollipop OTA zip? Or should I just restore the recovery from the 4.4.4 stock rom?

Last edited:

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
No problem... I just had to force reboot. Then I flashed TWRP and wiped cache/dalvik just fine.
Now I only want to restore stock recovery, but I'm not sure if there is a stock recovery image out there... Maybe inside the lollipop OTA zip? Or should I just restore the recovery from the 4.4.4 stock rom?
Nope... i guess you should wait for the stock 5.0.2 FXZ or request someone with the stock recovery to pull it for you from their phones! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!!!

So we got to taste Lollipop on the Moto Maxx with the SOAK test for Retail BR devices, and now that Xposed for lollipop is out we all want to test it, but due to its alpha stages its little confusing and difficult to Install and use properly! Follow these steps and you should be rocking Xposed on Lollipop! :cowboy:

Before starting.
    MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!
    So that you can get back should anything go wrong!!! I have tested this method and its working for me, please don't blame me if anything goes wrong!

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, i will laugh at you.
    */

1) Go download the "XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha1.apk" & the "xposed-arm-20150213b.zip" from the Official Xposed Thread HERE. Put them into SD card.

2) Download the modified "boot.img" from here.

3)Reboot into fastboot and flash the boot.img
    Code:
    mfastboot flash boot boot.img

4) Now reboot into recovery and flash the "xposed-arm-20150213b.zip" and CLEAR the CACHE AND DALVIK CACHE if you don't perform this you will run into errors like running out of storage space and stuff!

5) Now reboot back to Android OS, it will take few minutes to Optimize all apps once again. wait patiently.

6) Install the "XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha1.apk" from SD card

7) THATS IT! you are ready to ROCK Xposed on Lollipop!! The Latest version of Gravity Box works too! :D

You can install any module that you want that is compatible with the latest Xposed and have fun! :) :victory:

Credit-
    1) @rovo89 for Xposed Lollipop
    2)@DualJoe for helping me modify the boot.img to set it to Permissive.
    Do I need custom recovery installed for Xposed to actually work? Or I just need it for installing the zip?
    I'm asking this because I was thinking only booting TWRP, while keeping stock recovery.
    U need it only to install Xposed! :)
    It will work but in order to perform future updates you would need the 5.0.2 recovery! :)

Actually... there's no difference. The lollipop update doesn't make changes to the recovery, it keeps the one from kitkat.
    Everytime I try to wipe cache/dalvik it goes on for minutes without doing anything.
    Reboot into TWRP, go to settings, tick the "Use rm --rf instead of formatting" and try again! :)
    xposed-arm-20150213b.zip link is broken
    You can download Xposed from the official thread... And now that we have twrp this thread is obsolete...