[GUIDE] [XT16XX] [BOOTLOGO] [How to create your very own Custom Bootlogo]

Search This thread

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth

Okay, here's 2 logo.bin replacements, one is flashable in TWRP (ending in .zip) whereas the .bin file requires flashing via fastboot. They are compressed into 1 zip for upload to XDA, so please decompress the zip before use (you should see both the .bin and .zip as a result).

These logo.bin are based off the logo.bin from the NPJS25.93-14-18 firmware (April 2018 security patch). I have replaced the logo_boot, logo_unlocked and the orange unlocked bootloader warning. I have not replaced the yellow 'different OS has been loaded' warning or the red 'your device has failed verification' warning deliberately, to assist in troubleshooting.

Attachments

• AC_bootlogo_orange_replaced.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: eta82
Jan 31, 2019
Okay, here's 2 logo.bin replacements, one is flashable in TWRP (ending in .zip) whereas the .bin file requires flashing via fastboot. They are compressed into 1 zip for upload to XDA, so please decompress the zip before use (you should see both the .bin and .zip as a result).

These logo.bin are based off the logo.bin from the NPJS25.93-14-18 firmware (April 2018 security patch). I have replaced the logo_boot, logo_unlocked and the orange unlocked bootloader warning. I have not replaced the yellow 'different OS has been loaded' warning or the red 'your device has failed verification' warning deliberately, to assist in troubleshooting.

I've already hidden my bootloader warning.

I wanted to use my designed bootloader

echo92

Jan 1, 2017
Plymouth
I've already hidden my bootloader warning.

I wanted to use my designed bootloader

I'm not sure what you're after - the zipped custom logo.bin above are designed to hide the bootloader warning with your custom designed bootloader logo. You cannot alter the bootloader, but these mask the warning. As mentioned above, I've applied your custom design to the logo_boot, logo_unlocked and orange warning logos. On boot after flashing, you should see your custom bootloader logo.

Jan 31, 2019
I'm not sure what you're after - the zipped custom logo.bin above are designed to hide the bootloader warning with your custom designed bootloader logo. You cannot alter the bootloader, but these mask the warning. As mentioned above, I've applied your custom design to the logo_boot, logo_unlocked and orange warning logos. On boot after flashing, you should see your custom bootloader logo.

Thank you
It looks amazing, if you want the PSD for any changes I can provide!

nithin9

Oct 21, 2017
Mangaluru
Bro ,what I meant is that these two bootlogos only contain moto g4 text but mine is g4+ so I asked the creator that he is willing to add +sign after g4
Anyone can do that.., extract logo.bin from the zip, load it in MotoBootLogoMaker application, select 'logo boot' and click on extract to save that image. I have attached it here (add plus symbol yourself and post it here;) )

Reactions: 1chrome

1chrome

Feb 20, 2016
Bangalore, India
All, I no longer have an Athene ( since 2017 actually). Feel free to do whatever you want to your phones with these bootlogos. As long as you're not (hopefully) monetarily profiting out of them, you're all free to use them :)

Have a nice day y'all!

B__B

Aug 25, 2018
You think you can help me make a modded bootlogo for my Moto g7 it give me error saying output to big

PimpMy5Ton

Account currently disabled
Jul 23, 2015
GB
meettomy.site
@1chrome
Hi, I have the Moto G8/G Fast XT2045-3, I've tried replacing the yellow and orange images as well as the logo_unlocked image in our logo.bin file, when I flashed it to both slots on my A/B device it changed the bootloader unlocked warning to yellow print on a black background, is there any way to fix that to where it'll display the replaced image properly?? Here's my stock logo.bin file for reference.

Edit: I know my device is off topic for this thread, was just wondering if you could help me figure this out, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• logo.bin
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As we know, when we unlock our bootloader (to install TWRP, etc) on our Moto device, our regular Moto bootlogo is replaced with an annoying and unavoidable screen which says that “This device has been unlocked and cannot be trusted”. Now, this screen can be replaced but sometimes, the “Device ID: N/A” text obstructs any design or image you try to replace.

Take a look below.

ID.png

So the simple workaround is - leave that area white and mask your image around it so it the text isn’t visible anymore. Like these images which I have created which cover the N/A text -

Bootlogo_Night_Stock.png

Now that you know how to workaround this annoyance, go ahead and create any design you want of you choice keeping this in mind. For your reference, I shall attach a sample image which points to the coordinates of the N/A text (see attachments below)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Now that you have the basics sorted, let’s get started:

What you will need:

1. Windows PC
    2. Moto Boot Image Maker v2 (all credits to @caitsith2)
    3. WinRAR + Notepad (if you want to change updater script)
    4. Your desired image (in 1080x1920 px resolution, PNG/JPG)
    5. Some patience​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

How to make a bootlogo:

1. Download these:
    --> Moto Bootlogo Maker from HERE
    --> Example logo.bin I've created for reference from HERE (credits to @rahulsnair)

2.png

2. Open MotoBootlogoMaker.exe and Go to File > Open > Select example.bin which you downloaded
    3.png

4.png

3. Let the file load all components. Once loaded, Select Moto G (4th gen) as device from dropdown and then in the components list, Double click > Replace your custom image on the following entries:
    • logo_boot
    • logo_unlocked
    • yellow
    • red
    • orange
    5.png

6.png

7.png

4. Once youre done with the above steps, go to File > Save As <Your bootlogo name here>

--> If you want to flash via fastboot then select save as .bin file
    Use the following commands to flash via fastboot <fastboot flash logo logo.bin> (assuming you’ve named your file logo.bin)
    --> If you want to flash via TWRP then select save as Flashable zip.
    This is recommended as then all you have to do is transfer the zip to your Internal Storage and just flash the zip regularly via TWRP recovery.

8.png

9.png

5. If you choose to make a flashable zip and choose to customize a bit more, you could edit the UI text that appears on TWRP when flashing the zip.

To do so, open the zip you have created with WinRAR, within WinRAR, open META-INF > com > google > android > Open “updater-script” with Notepad.

Then you may change the text highlighted below to something of your choice. Hit “Save” from Notepad menu and close it. After you close Notepad, WinRAR will ask if you want to update changes to the zip archive - click on “Yes” and there - you have customized the UI Text on your custom made bootlogo. See images below -

10.png

11.png

6. Now all you gotta do is flash away :) If you guys want some reference, I’ve made a few bootlogos myself in my freetime, which I am attaching here as flashable zips too.

All the best guys! Have fun creating!

Leave me a thanks if you found this helpful - I'd appreciate that :)
    Changelog (if any)

Daaamn, I should've reserved the 2nd post but okay :p

12 April 2017
    --> Added Invicta bootlogos (Day,Night, Minimal)
    --> Added RR bootlogos (Day, Night)
    --> Added Stock ROM bootlogos (Day, Night)
    --> Added Lineage bootlogos (Day, Night)
    --> Added Ironman bootlogos (Original, Minimal)
    great tool - loved it

Superb tool you guys have shared here.
    My name is Rajesh Yadav and I've created one boot logo by this tool and this is super easy if you know basic photoshop.
    While designing make sure the dimension of image must be 1080X1920
    All, I no longer have an Athene ( since 2017 actually). Feel free to do whatever you want to your phones with these bootlogos. As long as you're not (hopefully) monetarily profiting out of them, you're all free to use them :)

Have a nice day y'all!
    Well I've been using MBLM successfully on some Moto devices before (last one was X Play) though in a slightly different way; Now, on this G4 Plus I have, I've been flashing zips made with this MBLM version, but none of my images shows on the boot screen, just the black one with the"N/A" in there. I must admit I wasn't using your guide "as is", so I have this question: what's exactly the point for using your "example.bin"? Do you think images not showing have something to do with me overlooking "example.bin" use in the process? Right now I'm stuck with this couple of images not showing as they should. I've put them together with "Pixlr" and as far as I can say, there's nothing wrong with them. They aren't even as elaborated as those I've been flashing to my previous devices...

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA Labs