• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] [XT16XX] [Solve] G4+ Baseband/Network/Volte issue, Lost 1 IMEI & fingerprint

Search This thread

HeethJain21

Mar 10, 2015
Mumbai
Please help with Moto G4 Play Harpia

I accidentally updated the files in this thread on moto g4 play (harpia) - XT1602. Now my radio is not turning on. It would be of great help if someone let me know how to revert back or if someone help me in providing the appropriate files for XT1602?
Thanks in advance.

Is the problem resolved?
I have harpia with me so I can provide the modem files (steps should remain same mostly, though will confirm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plz, mirror to XT1640

I need to download the xt1640 files, can someone have a link? there's no mirror's and I need to download them
edit: I already found the link on the comment of biestable, just read the post he reply and you will see the link for google drive.

Hey is the problem resolved?
I can help providing a G Drive link, if its needed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this work if i am on stock oreo ? I recently had imei 0 issue and now i was able to get imei on phone, but when i insert sim card my phone turns off.

no idea, it might or might not work
i hope you have resolved your issue

Not working

I flashed all file on my moto g5 plus xt1643
With Oreo 8.1 .
But it is still showing no network

Is the problem resolved?
Can you provide more details?

permission denied su :/

Is the problem resolved now?
This happens when either the device isn't rooted and/or superuser rights weren't given to the terminal app/command line

Rathnakumar30

Jun 22, 2020
Is the problem resolved?
I have harpia with me so I can provide the modem files (steps should remain same mostly, though will confirm)

Hey is the problem resolved?
I can help providing a G Drive link, if its needed

no idea, it might or might not work
i hope you have resolved your issue

Is the problem resolved?
Can you provide more details?

Is the problem resolved now?
This happens when either the device isn't rooted and/or superuser rights weren't given to the terminal app/command line

Hi Heeth Jain,
THe problem is not yet resolved and the modem files are still not available to me for harpia .Can you pls share it with me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rathna kumar

HeethJain21

Mar 10, 2015
Mumbai
Hi Heeth Jain,
THe problem is not yet resolved and the modem files are still not available to me for harpia .Can you pls share it with me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rathna kumar

Okay, here are the files below.
My device details: XT1602 (2GB/16 GB model)

BUT
BUT
BUT

Before flashing, take backup of your current files with the following commands, which will store the backup in your /sdcard (Internal Storage)

Files being backed up:
Modem Files: modem, fsg, and hw
IMEI Related Files: modemst1, modemst2, persist

Commands for backup
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem of=/sdcard/modemOG.img
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fsg of=/sdcard/fsgOG.img
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hw of=/sdcard/hwOG.img

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1 of=/sdcard/modemst1.img
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1 of=/sdcard/modemst1.img
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img

Now, follow the guide, the steps should remain the same.

If anything should go wrong, you can just restore your backup files and make things the way they currently are.
Since there is no record of whether somebody has done this earlier (assuming you are asking for help here), we have to take backup before hand.

ALSO, take other partitions backup before flashing as well (just in case)

Attachments

• Model Files harpia.zip
    33.4 MB · Views: 20

vezdebest

May 18, 2015
Maranello
i have the same network error, IMEI is ok, but on xt1622 (i'm italian)

baseband shown is M8952_70030.25.03.62.02R and i'm on android 9 pie AOSiP custom ROM, sim works on other devices and network worked until i flashed this ROM

The files in the first post isn't for my device, what can i do?

zitronenmelissa

Feb 23, 2011
Germany
Moto G6 Plus
i have the same network error, IMEI is ok, but on xt1622 (i'm italian)

baseband shown is M8952_70030.25.03.62.02R and i'm on android 9 pie AOSiP custom ROM, sim works on other devices and network worked until i flashed this ROM

The files in the first post isn't for my device, what can i do?
Your baseband is old (Nougat). You need to flash stock Oreo rom before:
ATHENE_RETAIL_8.1.0_OPJ28.111-22-1_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
BUT:
backup EFS (twrp) AND persist.img before you do so !
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img
(twrp or adb shell)
then you can flash your rom again

vezdebest

May 18, 2015
Maranello
Thank you for the replay, i'm downloading it. edit: i downloaded it but i see System Version: 28.311.1.athene.retail.en.US and i'm from italy, it's good even if it says US?

I am performing efs backup by dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin bs=512 but cannot do dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin cause can't open mmcblk0p11

am i doing something wrong? I have just 1 SIM inside the phone but it's a dual sim. phone is in adoptable storage

persist backup passed without problems

can i just install modem and fsg or i have to flash the whole firmware? I would be happy not to lose all my data again lol

something like

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

EDIT2: i did the fastboot thing and now all works, thank you! (efs not completely backed up by the way, i wanted to have a perfect copy of the now situation to restore in the worst case so i continue to need help)

Last edited:

zitronenmelissa

Feb 23, 2011
Germany
Moto G6 Plus
Thank you for the replay, i'm downloading it. edit: i downloaded it but i see System Version: 28.311.1.athene.retail.en.US and i'm from italy, it's good even if it says US?

I am performing efs backup by dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin bs=512 but cannot do dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin cause can't open mmcblk0p11

am i doing something wrong? I have just 1 SIM inside the phone but it's a dual sim. phone is in adoptable storage

persist backup passed without problems

can i just install modem and fsg or i have to flash the whole firmware? I would be happy not to lose all my data again lol

something like

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

EDIT2: i did the fastboot thing and now all works, thank you! (efs not completely backed up by the way, i wanted to have a perfect copy of the now situation to restore in the worst case so i continue to need help)
best way is to backup EFS with twrp backup function ---> check EFS & backup
it also backups persist partition (see screenshots)
but just in case you can dd the whole persist partition to persist.img
your imei is saved in persist partition, modem reads it and write data to modemst1 & modemst2, in most cases permissions on modemst1 & modemst2 are damaged, so that the system can't read it
so by restoring EFS (modemst1&2) permissions & data & imei are back again
so, just in case ^^

Attachments

• persist1.png
    persist1.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 10
  • persist2.png
    persist2.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-27-32.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-27-32.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-27-52.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-27-52.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-30-04.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-30-04.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-31-15.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-13-14-31-15.png
    120 KB · Views: 10

ecordeiro

Oct 8, 2021
I run a script with hwflash name file.bat which works in conjunction with other files like hwflash.sh, hwflash.xml and many others. After I've run this program, the G4 XT1626 shows only one IMEI and runs out of antenna signal. IMEI 1 is not zeroed, it is normal. IMEI 2 is not shown, nor with the number 0. It seems that the device after this script lost the Dual SIM. Do you have a solution?

ecordeiro

Oct 8, 2021
Hi brothers. Please, someone can send some link with the modem, fsg, hw files for the model G4 XT1626 Brazil Retail (DTV and Dual Sim)? It´s an G4 Athene (Non-Plus).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Guide] [XT16XX] [Solve] G4+ Baseband/Network/Volte issue, Lost 1 IMEI & fingerprint

Important:
    If you have IMEI=0, then this is the wrong thead. Follow this: [Guide] [XT16XX] [Solve] Moto G4/Plus IMEI=0 issue

This method is only tested on Nougat for now, for Oreo, new files will be needed.

Code:
    #include <disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now.......(wait a minute)........still valid?
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices.
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point
     * your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    This thread addresses the following problems:
    • Baseband version changed to some other country
    • Sim card getting detected, but no network
    • Both sims having a network but VoLTE doesn't work
    • G4 Plus turned to G4, i.e phone just shows one IMEI and no fingerprint
    This method is only for the retail models of Moto G4/Plus, it may or may not work on any other models.

All of these issues have a common reason,
    The modem files for your device has been corrupted/has some issue or have been changed to some other country.
    Voltes isn't working since your baseband is of some other country and not Indian. If you have Indian baseband and still Volte doesn't work, then your modem files have been corrupted/ have some issues.

You have to push the modem, hw, fsg files for your own device.
    We already had a thread addressing this issue, but it didn't have modem files for all baseband.
    Finally, thanx to our fellow Moto G4 Plus users, for providing these files, we now have hw, modem, fsg files for all the five basebands i.e BRAZIL, LATAM, EMEA, INDIAN, and RETUSA.

Link to the files:
    Download modem, fsg, hw files according to your original baseband/device model.

Code:
    Model Number              Baseband
    XT1640                    BRAZIL
    XT1641                    LATAM
    XT1642                    EMEA
    XT1643                    INDIA
    XT1644                    RETUSA

Note: These files are extracted from the dual-SIM variant of Moto G4 Plus, so if you flash these on your Moto G4, these will work, but your device name will be changed to Moto G4 Plus (everything will still work fine, just your device will be treated as Moto G4 Plus by all apps) and if you flash these images on single SIM Moto G4 Plus, it will still work.

Pre-requisites:
    • You must be on Stock Nougat 7.0 (latest version preferred)
    • You must be rooted (install Elemental-X kernel first and then flash Magisk otherwise you will have boot issues)
    • Terminal app or adb drivers in PC/Laptop (I wouldn't recommend TWRP (official or unofficial as it has issues flashing hw.img)

Step 1: Download files

Download and place these files in your /sdcard directory.
    /sdcard is the same as the Internal storage directory. Do not confuse it with micro Sdcard as it has its directory named as /external_sd

Step 2: Flash the files

Note: The below commands are to be typed in a terminal app or adb shell.
    Q) How to type in adb shell?
    A) Open command prompt in the folder where you have adb and fastboot installed and type:

Code:
    adb shell

So lets start now!

Code:
    su
    This command it to get root access for the terminal/shell. Grant the root access and you will see that the $ symbol is replaced with # symbol which means that root access has been granted.

Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/fsg.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fsg
    dd if=/sdcard/hw.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hw

Step 3: Flash the latest Stock ROM (April 2018)

That's it. After flashing, reboot and check your baseband. You would be on the baseband which you flashed in step 2.
    Indian users, you will see INDIAN baseband if you flashed the files for it, and Volte would work.
    Flash the latest Stock ROM from here: Stock N Firmware [Apr 01 Security Patch][fastboot]

Contributors:
    • @djumie and Erick Lima (for providing BRAZILIAN modem files)
    • @Nacoro and @Deivid_21 (for providing LATAM modem files)
    • @echo92 (for providing EMEA modem files)
    • @checksamir (for providing INDIAN modem files)
    • @Jleeblanch (for providing RETUSA modem files)
    • @Pranav (for testing the files)
    • @Heeth21 (and lastly, myself)
    • Also all the others who helped during the process
    Complete Backup Zip/Script (All partitions)

Now since you have faced this issue, make sure to take a complete backup of all the partitions so that if you ever face an issue like this in future, you will always have your partitions with you to restore your device.

Here is the link to the thread to take complete backup of all partitions: [Guide] [XT16XX] Moto G4/Plus Complete Partition Backup/Restore Zip/Script

The above thread can backup/restore using TWRP flashable zip files for convenience.
    Update: BRAZLIAN modem files are now available and have been added to the drive link. OP has been updated.
    But is missing Brazil baseband.
    I'm from Brazil and change mine for LATAM.
    Does anyone have this files?

Right now, we haven't been able to get modem files for BRAZILIAN baseband. Will add them in the Google Drive link once they are available from fellow Brazilian users.

Edit: @edjalmo, BRAZILIAN modem files are now available.